Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Bard Maddox posted:

My favorite WCW wrestler was Glacier. Who's yours?

Ice Train.

I think both guys are cool, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The fat old guy is King Curtis. The little guy is Kevin Sullivan, who believe or it or not, used to be a pretty scary wrestler. Curtis is now the Master, and apparently Sullivan's father. They hated Hulk Hogan. Somewhere in here, Brutus the Barber turned on Hogan and joined up with Sullivan, then Hogan beat him and Sullivan turned on him, giving him amnesia until he came back as Zodiac, who later turned out to be a spy for Hogan all along, who...ow, my head.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
A-C: The old fat man was King Curtis Iaukea, a legendary Hawaiian pro wrestler. The stupid guy in red is Kevin Sullivan, and everyone was in the stable.

D: I never got what the deal was with the "It's not hot!" sketch.

E: Par for the course.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

Meng, maybe Jerry Flynn

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

Johnny B Badd and Swole.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bard Maddox posted:

Tank Abbott

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

Judy Bagwell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I liked DDP and Sting, you guys liked a bunch of losers.

Well, except the last guy, he backs a champ.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I was such a Kevin Nash fan as a kid, so probably that. No idea why.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MassRanTer posted:

I liked DDP and Sting, you guys liked a bunch of losers.

Well, except the last guy, he backs a champ.

Did DDP or Sting ever try to cut a beard off a man? Tank Abbott did

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jack Krauser posted:

I was such a Kevin Nash fan as a kid, so probably that. No idea why.

Wait, wait.

THIS guy!?:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"Hardcore" Screamin' Norman Smiley. Peak WCW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Norman Smiley was always cool in my book because on some random Saturday Night in December of 97 he did a promo saying he had Sting's back. I'm sure Sting appreciated that one.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I wish we had someone around here whose favorite WCW wrestler was The Gambler. There's a guy who never got the shot he deserved.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Carlisle posted:

"Hardcore" Screamin' Norman Smiley. Peak WCW.

It's from TNA, but...

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Gaylord Plower posted:

I wish we had someone around here whose favorite WCW wrestler was The Gambler. There's a guy who never got the shot he deserved.

Yeah he should've held someone's trunks because joke.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I was a fan of Hole In One Darsow.

seriously.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

nasboat posted:

seriously.

Wasn't that Stuart Pain?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

Wasn't that Stuart Pain?

at first, then Hole-In-One Darsow (and according to Wikipedia, later 'Putting' Barry Darsow, but I don't remember that one).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My favorite was Blitzkrieg.

Then it was both members of High Voltage.

Then back to Blitzkrieg.

Welp bye.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mine was Public Enemy and Sting.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mine was Arachnaman.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Mine was that jobber who looked exactly like a 5'8 version of Hogan that main evented Nitro one time. Anybody else remember this?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Roadblock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTP9VY1b3j0

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I'm friends with Glacier's cousin(:smug:), so him.

Plus, HE LOOKS LIKE SUB-ZERO GUYS!

Edit to add smugness

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Lash LeRoux. Yes, seriously.

I was so annoyed when he didn't win the cruiserweight title at Superbrawl 2000. Although that might have been due to two reasons:

1. They changed his cool stock music to that dodgy harmonica one.
2. It gave us new cruiserweight champion "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Iakuea".

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rotinaj posted:

It's from TNA, but...

Wait, what the gently caress is up with that ring?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

TNA used a six-sided ring for the majority of their existence. it feels really weird seeing it now.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Memento1979 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk8S8KomGlQ

TNA will never get it right.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My favourite is La Parka.

I shouldn't need to explain why.

Blitzkrieg was p cool too.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
My favourite was Fat Chick Thriller Mike Awesome.

My favourite storyline was when Jim Duggan shaved his beard and turned heel.

nasboat posted:

seriously.

I liked when Harlem Heat hit Barry Darsow in the head with the tag title around 1999/2000 and knocked him back in time to 1995. This was the best storyline.

*Edit* I can't even find any reference to it now. He got hit on Worldwide, and showed up on Saturday night as the Blacktop Bully and thought that the match he had with Rhodes in the flatbed truck in 1995 just took place the night before.

*Edit again*

Here's a vague reference to it:
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2006/05/17/48584/

Here's the match where Darsow's brains get scrambled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSw2YYPx58

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 22, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Obviously the best WCW act was The Booty Man and The Booty Babe

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I seem to remember his finisher the High Knee never failing to crack Dusty up on Saturday Night.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Animal-Mother posted:

Mine was that jobber who looked exactly like a 5'8 version of Hogan that main evented Nitro one time. Anybody else remember this?

Evad Sullivan? The dyslexic wrestler who was the worlds number one hulkamaniac and loved his bunny? The guy who was so hated by the fans that any heel who beat him got turned face for a night?

Yeah he was pretty cool.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I liked 3 Count way more than anybody probably should have. I don't know why, but I have a fondness in my heart for silly gimmicks in that vain; I also really liked the Spirit Squad in WWE. I guess maybe because it's a little unconventional, really silly and just lets you have fun.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Red posted:

Bret's book is outstanding - at least while he's writing about his youth and the Stampede days. He paints an amazing picture of the Hart household.

Don't know if you've already heard of it, but anyone who wants to read more stories about Stampede absolutely needs to read "Pain and Passion: The History of Stampede Wrestling"

I shill for this book a lot, but it's one of my favourites.

Edit: I was also a 3 Count fan, especially when they got Tank Abbott and his square.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Memento1979 posted:

6 sided ring, traditionally used in lucha trios matches. That was the one thing that I fell in love with TNA for. Then Hulk Hogan took it away. I will never forgive him for that.

One thing Hogan gets a pass for, IMO, is The Nasty Boys. they're awful human beings but they put on some really entertaining garbage matches.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Tokelau All Star posted:

So how about that WCW Pro eh? What a lovely show!
I feel like this show was on a different time and channel every week. I'm not sure if it's because I only caught it every few months when it would change slots, or if my local affiliates really did just run it as filler, as if it were an infomercial or something. Sometimes I'd catch it at noon on a Saturday, other times, 1:15am Sunday morning.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bard Maddox posted:

Psicosis, Randy Savage, and Raven.

coconono posted:

6 sided ring, traditionally used in lucha trios matches. That was the one thing that I fell in love with TNA for. Then Hulk Hogan took it away. I will never forgive him for that.

One thing Hogan gets a pass for, IMO, is The Nasty Boys. they're awful human beings but they put on some really entertaining garbage matches.
Well yeah, but only in WCW when the Hardcore Matches were fun to watch. Screamin' Norman was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

:eng101: The WCW 'hardcore' matches weren't really hardcore matches they were more comedy matches with lots of plunder. They weren't trying to maim or hurt the other guy, just hit them with as much stuff in the allotted time.

We should really have a PYF plunder match thread because those are magical beasts.