Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

Instrumedley posted:

In case anyone hasn't heard, Allison Rosen from Adam's podcast recently did a couple of hour-long interviews with Drew about his life (part 1, part 2). They're a decent listen.

I'm a little torn on whether or not I like Allison Rosen (she's alright I guess, but I don't go out of my way to listen to her podcast), but these are pretty good. I like hearing about the history of Drew; there doesn't seem to be a lot of it.

Still, the best story about Young Drew is about having to go to Chinatown to buy condoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
What you do with all these condoms?! You sell to friends?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

vote_no posted:

No.. I'm- I'm horny

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
"ARIYNBF" is the worse acronym. It sounds like some sort of white supremacist dating website.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

NewtGoongrich posted:

"ARIYNBF" is the worse acronym. It sounds like some sort of white supremacist dating website.

She mentions that frequently

Edit: speaking of Allison's podcast, she has Lynette Carolla on and there is some good insight on Adam's private life and relationship work her

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 15, 2013

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

She mentions that frequently

Well drat, I like her a little more already. The only thing that really stands out about her on the Adam Carolla podcast is that she says "oval office" at the end of her news segment for no apparent reason and that she knows almost as little about politics, economics and world issues as Adam.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

NewtGoongrich posted:

Well drat, I like her a little more already. The only thing that really stands out about her on the Adam Carolla podcast is that she says "oval office" at the end of her news segment for no apparent reason and that she knows almost as little about politics, economics and world issues as Adam.

I'm not sure where you are getting that, she's very smart and funny, and has some excellent asides. She just has a tendency to bite her tongue because Adam shouts down anyone who disagrees with him. Especially if they're on his payroll.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I'm not sure where you are getting that, she's very smart and funny, and has some excellent asides. She just has a tendency to bite her tongue because Adam shouts down anyone who disagrees with him. Especially if they're on his payroll.

She mentioned something to Doug Benson about how she got the job by following his advice to keep her mouth mostly shut.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

vote_no posted:

Now on you get blowjob!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I'm glad to see they seem to be still putting up Classic Loveline, they'd stopped for almost a month and I was wondering if that was it. Is the 1/03/1996 episode the origin of one of the Dr. Drew "whatever" drops? It's about 1:29:49, a caller calls in and is asking about uncircumcised penises and Riki asks Drew if they look like dog penises.

1996 era Drew sounds almost depressed in a lot of shows. It's like him and Carolla have switched personalities since then, Carolla was so energetic and happy and Drew was mostly just no-nonsense and didn't really engage with most of the show's humor.

NewtGoongrich posted:

Long ago when she first joined the podcast and was trying to think of a sign off phrase, Carolla glibly tossed out "zip it, oval office" and it just gained momentum. It's unfortunate because it just sounds like they're trying to be shocking or something but it's really just an inside joke that's gone on forever. As for her political views, she's done TV and stuff in the past and I believe she's pretty liberal, but she wasn't hired on to the podcast to argue with him. And yeah if you listen to her podcast with Doug Benson from a while ago they talk about that some.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Never listened to Adam's podcast because I hate how he acts when Drew isn't there to control him, so I haven't heard Allison before. I will definitely listen to the Drew episode though, I'd love to hear more about him. I honestly think Drew is a great guy and genuinely think he wants to help as many people as possible, that Stanhope bit about him made me pretty annoyed.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

It's hilarious how uncomfortable and/or unwilling Drew was in the Riki era when it came to off-color stuff. Riki and Adam were making sexual jokes about Disney characters or something in one episode and Drew was freaking the gently caress out.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

I listened to both parts of her Dr. Drew interview and she is much, much better without being shackled to Adam.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I just got to the Jan 14/1996 episode from the new podcast.
Does Giovanni really need to do a two minute intro and synopsis with analysis? I mean, he talks about foreshadowing in to the "carolla years."...

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I don't mind it too much because I actually listened to the partial episode recently because I'm going through the "1998" episodes at the moment, so it was nice to have a little clarity about it.

The whole "Carolla era" thing is a bit much I agree though.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

WEH posted:

It's hilarious how uncomfortable and/or unwilling Drew was in the Riki era when it came to off-color stuff. Riki and Adam were making sexual jokes about Disney characters or something in one episode and Drew was freaking the gently caress out.

I like how mid 90s Drew feels he has to explain "you're fat" is a drop and not him.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
I have never heard Giovanni's voice, and have developed my own version of it whenever I imagine him saying something. I really don't know if I could handle ever hearing it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hydrogen Oxide posted:

I have never heard Giovanni's voice, and have developed my own version of it whenever I imagine him saying something. I really don't know if I could handle ever hearing it.

I have heard it and your internal Giovanni is probably pretty accurate.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Brekelefuw posted:

I just got to the Jan 14/1996 episode from the new podcast.
Does Giovanni really need to do a two minute intro and synopsis with analysis? I mean, he talks about foreshadowing in to the "carolla years."...
Wow I didn't realize Giovanni did an intro, the ones you grab from Itunes are free of that. As much as he's apparently helped getting stuff like this to happen, he kinda creeps me out, and I don't need to hear him orating about the history of podcasting and the "evolution of Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew's chemistry". Good lord.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Wow I didn't realize Giovanni did an intro, the ones you grab from Itunes are free of that. As much as he's apparently helped getting stuff like this to happen, he kinda creeps me out, and I don't need to hear him orating about the history of podcasting and the "evolution of Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew's chemistry". Good lord.

I got it from iTunes.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Yeah the latest two or three have that narrative historic intro.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Well gently caress. Looks like the shows have also started being very spergily numbered starting with the latest ones, 1/17/1996 is apparently #79 of "the Carolla era"... Giovanni must have really wormed his way into the process. There's something wrong with that guy.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I was cool with it until the latest one. It was just a quick bit of trivia and then onto business, but in this latest one he did a synopsis and brought up his favorite jokes. It's horrible. Just throw it in the show notes, dude.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:ohdear:

e: Deleted.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Haha wow, was that directed at anyone or thing in particular?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Why is this dude so obsessed? Holy poo poo.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

haha what a piece of poo poo

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

So uh... what's his "position"? I may have hosed with it inadvertently.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Is Giovanni even getting paid for all of this work he's doing for Westwood One or whoever?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, he seems really crazy. That's funny.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I appreciate that he uses his psychosis to get us more Loveline instead of beheading cats or something, but it doesn't make him any less nuts.

E: I enjoyed when they met on the air and Adam was clearly creeped out.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ooooh this seem fun, I hate that sack of poo poo.

He's been inflating his ego around Reddit too lately.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

I never understood people who threaten things like this. What 'position' does he have? How on earth would he make me lose anything?

Giovanni, you are absolutely crazy. Keep up the good work releasing loveline episodes, but please realize that you aren't some brilliant scholar talking about Shakespeare. We don't need your analysis before an episode.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Wow what a loving shitbag.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

What's it like to be out of your goddamned gourd, gio (or should I say "gio-lactus")??

ps did you seriously refer to yourself as "gio-lactus" because lol

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

I also love that old episodes of Loveline are coming back, but the 'preview' beforehand kind of ruins the experience. When I listen to an episode I've never heard before, part of the fun is not knowing what to expect. Maybe there's a bad night occasionally, but it's always worth it when a phone sex operator who doesn't know about the holocaust comes out of nowhere.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Look at this self important smug prick

quote:

So Launchpad Digital Media finally did what WW1 never could http://podcastone.com/f/Classic-Loveline
Not sure how long this will go or what, but I'm putting all personal feelings and squabbles aside to help make this as popular as it needs to be so we get full transparency into the archive and nothing gets "lost" along the way.
If you want to contact them and let them know they should be including me and using my free expertise, as I am the foremost historian of what it is they're trying to podcast and invented most of the techniques they're using not to mention the pathways and fanbase I kept alive.
Contact them here, make sure to reference the podcast title http://podcastone.com/contactus

quote:

Trust me anything anyone can think up here or anywhere else, I've already thought of it, ripped my hair out, cried in a ball, rocked back and forth, grieved the loss then moved on to figuring out how to change it.
I'm losing sleep and years of life trying to make this work perfect, I made this podcast go from unranked for almost 30 days all the way to #11 on the itunes comedy charts in less than 48hrs, I am not pulling punches or going half speed on this!

quote:

So for everyone that doesn't know, I'm the host of this show and I'm the public figure for it.
Release schedule, going to be as they can transfer until the show reaches a larger audience, you give it 5 stars on itunes, you like Podcastone on FB, you follow them on twitter, keep this show popular and you'll see 1-2 files per day which is my goal.
I've made it very clear what my intent is, I want the files out ASAP, I'm exploring any possible means that exist.
There is no ordering nor commanding these files, we have to work with them and help them to get what we want, it's quite simple and wouldn't be happening without what the fans have built these past 17yrs.
We were never supposed to get these tapes, they "didn't exist" and were never even admitted to until an interview on the Get It On podcast #17, so you're welcome!

Everyone get in line to suck "Superfan Giovanni's" dick!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Loveline/comments/195vl6/classicloveline/

Also, he's a racist men's rights rear end in a top hat.

quote:

Clearly she hates white men, I don't think this is a gender issue in the traditional sense nor has anything to do with feminism. Based on her tweets she has a pattern of behavior and thought when it comes to white men. She's a hypocrite and a racist, this has nothing to do with Tech nor women's role in the field. She's an angry person with misplaced aggression towards people with white male genitalia.
No Different than any other racist of any race or gender, just frothing at the mouth crazy when you peel back the curtain.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I'd really like to know what more he thinks he can take from us. He already took all of the tapes and recordings that we all made and put on the DC++ hub and shared with each other, then shut that poo poo down in favor of his own exclusive website, so does he think he's gonna break into our homes and delete our local copies?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Oh poo poo I think I got him riled up.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Good lord.

• Locked thread