Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

do I like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID

Clearly the reason England lost, this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Balotelli's goal from this evening

Fuckin screamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6uTlsztWr8

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Gigi Galli posted:

Balotelli's goal from this evening

Fuckin screamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6uTlsztWr8

He's just so casual about the entire affair. From collecting the ball to the celebration, it's great.

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii

Shoren posted:

He's just so casual about the entire affair.

It must have rubbed off on the defenders.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AqavC0j8lg&t=17s

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Ve_549apY

not sure if this ended in a red card or what idk

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I'd like to see some Primera C games if that's only a yellow there.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

not sure if this ended in a red card or what idk

That's barely a yellow in the PL :q:

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 22, 2013

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Was watching the eggball yesterday and it turns out you get put on report then not punished. Also the foul is called in your favour.

Also the micced ref makes you able to hear rugby has polite players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gg7wW_-7E

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Byolante posted:

Was watching the eggball yesterday and it turns out you get put on report then not punished. Also the foul is called in your favour.

Also the micced ref makes you able to hear rugby has polite players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gg7wW_-7E

I've translated that into football: gently caress off, gently caress off, gently caress off you oval office, gently caress off, gently caress off, gently caress off, loving twat, gently caress off oval office.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

mikewozere posted:

It must have rubbed off on the defenders.

tbf it probably rubbed off on Balotelli from a Brazilian defender

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Micced ref's should be standard practice in football.
Would love to hear what the Barca players are so eager to say to him when they get a foul called against them.

Also, i think it would be a nice idea if only the captain of a team could talk to the ref. Or a player could only talk to ref if he allowed them to. If anyone did do it without permission, they could get booked or otherwise punished.
Too much of crowding of the ref. Must be a pain in the arse to ref in some matches.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

JunkDeluxe posted:

Would love to hear what the Barca players are so eager to say to him when they get a foul called against them.

Also, i think it would be a nice idea if only the captain of a team could talk to the ref. Or a player could only talk to ref if he allowed them to. If anyone did do it without permission, they could get booked or otherwise punished.
Too much of crowding of the ref. Must be a pain in the arse to ref in some matches.

Aren't refs recorded but then (obviously) not given to the media? I could've sworn that there was an issue with a recording of a ref saying something strange in a Serie A match, but I can't remember when or what it involved.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Aren't refs recorded but then (obviously) not given to the media? I could've sworn that there was an issue with a recording of a ref saying something strange in a Serie A match, but I can't remember when or what it involved.

Wasn't it that a ref told the Pescara manager to be careful of what he says during the week or something like that?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

JunkDeluxe posted:

MLS recently instated what it calls the "mass confrontation" rule. It would potentially penalize teams and coaches when three or more individuals confront a referee or opponent. They also instituted three other rules relating to behavior:

• Players, coaches and team personnel, aside from medical staff, are subject to suspension for leaving the bench area and entering the field.
  • Any action involving a hand to the face or head of an opponent, even a light slap with the purpose of inciting and not injuring, is subject to fine and suspension.
  • A coach or staff member approaching match officials from the time they arrive at the stadium until they depart is subject to fine and suspension.

Of course, a lot of this will be up to the discretion of the disciplinary committee.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahaha that sounds loving lame. Let everyone do what they want and book em if they cross the line.
Don't change football. Especially not yanks.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
As you could see from that video the captain and the player the foul is against are allowed to approach the ref and hear why its a penalty. If they say anything mean they get harshly punished. As a result you get what happened in that video where Smith calmly explained why he though slater shouldn't go on report then didn't complain when the ref told him to shut up and move on. Football is crying out for that sort of thing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

Wasn't it that a ref told the Pescara manager to be careful of what he says during the week or something like that?

Ah, that's right, it was after a penalty wasn't given and earlier that week Pescara's then manager had a bit of a rant about the refs. Shady.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Byolante posted:

As you could see from that video the captain and the player the foul is against are allowed to approach the ref and hear why its a penalty. If they say anything mean they get harshly punished. As a result you get what happened in that video where Smith calmly explained why he though slater shouldn't go on report then didn't complain when the ref told him to shut up and move on. Football is crying out for that sort of thing.

They did try mic'ing up the ref back in the 90s, but everyone was shocked about the language the players used. I agree it should be used, there's going to be an adjustment period (perhaps refs should start carding for bad language to stop that) but it'll put a stop to crowding the ref.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EvilHawk posted:

They did try mic'ing up the ref back in the 90s, but everyone was shocked about the language the players used. I agree it should be used, there's going to be an adjustment period (perhaps refs should start carding for bad language to stop that) but it'll put a stop to crowding the ref.

Rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen and football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4cSQsGMpj4

:getin:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha.

Despite being a scouse hating Manc I have a lot of time for Carra. I genuinely hope he goes into punditry.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
Can that be described as a screamer? He looks likes he's five metres from goal.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Esposito posted:

It was scored by Jamie Carragher

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Yeah it's relative.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Esposito posted:

but it was the right goal!

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

JunkDeluxe posted:

Yeah if they do this to football it's a shame it will have to be micced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxXU-5rbPo#t=25s

Although I can imagine it never happening because advertisers not wanting people to see up close the footballers associated with them

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

It's really grating to me when people pronounce h as heych.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

Football is a gentleman's game played by hooligans. Rugby is a hooligans' game played by rapists who poo poo into pint glasses in student bars.

fixed

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hey now football has plenty of rapists

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Wow they should add refcam into football. It felt like I was watching that Nike ad.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Someone please post all of the pictures from tonights USA v Costa Rica match.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TraderStav posted:

Someone please post all of the pictures from tonights USA v Costa Rica match.

Here you go:

Nice.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Gigi Galli posted:

Here you go:

:bravo:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Gigi Galli posted:

Here you go:

Nice.

Wow, its like I was there!

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Ravel posted:

Wow they should add refcam into football. It felt like I was watching that Nike ad.

It's not even that hard to do anymore. The new GoPros are loving spectacular, especially at £360. But I'm sure the PFA and the clubs want nothing to do with it.

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Beckham takes a tumble in China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
What a weird series of photos, that guy on the left bouncing the ball does not move an inch and neither does the ball.

• Locked thread