Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

This loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I saw this post pre-edit and thought you were just being funny :v:

A weird thing about me and MMOs is that I love playing healers, but rarely ever actually have people to party with. Are you solo basically all the way through leveling?

That was my cursor somehow ending up on Submit Reply when I was alt tabbing. I came back and hit space and it just posted. :v:

Also yeah Hailstorm owns too, you used to get it at 52 but i think they might have moved it down to 50 or 48?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Don't forget the attack speed buff sorcs get, I think that changes their game more than hailstorm does. You turn into a class that casts fireblast and two other spells into figuring out what the hell you're going to do according to resets and so on.

vvv: welp, I just kind of skimmed and just saw hailstorm in both and am a bad person

Eigo fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 21, 2013

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Eigo posted:

Don't forget the attack speed buff sorcs get, I think that changes their game more than hailstorm does. You turn into a class that casts fireblast and two other spells into figuring out what the hell you're going to do according to resets and so on.

You mean... the one I mentioned in my post as the most significant change for the class? :v:

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Some good news for the game http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/20/tera-mmo-has-more-subscribers-as-a-free-to-play-game-than-when-it-required-a-subscription/

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I don't know how you guys are having so much trouble finding boxed copies of TERA. I seem to just find them around at every single Gamestop I go to. All of the ones in my area, within a 10 mile radius have it listed as in stock with 1 as low stock. I guess I could possibly set up some sort of cartel service to get them to you guys?

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Xenoletum posted:

I don't know how you guys are having so much trouble finding boxed copies of TERA. I seem to just find them around at every single Gamestop I go to. All of the ones in my area, within a 10 mile radius have it listed as in stock with 1 as low stock. I guess I could possibly set up some sort of cartel service to get them to you guys?

By living in Slovenia :^)
I even have a founders edition, bought for 50 euros when it came out. EU of course.

I feel sad now :^(

I don't assume anyone wants to trade a EU version for a US one :^)

Out of curiosity. How much are they going for? If they are not to expensive I would love to buy one + some compensation for your troubles.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Xenoletum posted:

There are plenty on Ebay too, which is where I bought my copy. Person was nice enough to send out the Founder's key before they mailed it off too! Still the exact same price you'd expect for the boxed copy + a handful quarters for shipping.

I don't remember seeing a copy at my closest Gamestop, but then again, I wasn't looking, and there are two others that are 10 minutes away from my house that probably have them in stock. They're not that rare at all.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
This Dracoloths Rising event, can only level 60's partake in it?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Anyone can. I did it on a 56 back when it first happened.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Not sure what I ought to be doing with my Semi-Enigmatic Scrolls once they roll around at the end of this weekend. So many options to spend hundreds and thousands of gold on as a new 60 that I'm unable to focus on any specific one. I'm planning on joining my first endgame instance this weekend once I finally get my Jax armor tonight.

Abyss axe is at +7.
Same set boots and arms at +8 and +7 respectively.

Last I recall total item level was 148. What's the most productive way to blow all my daily quest money on today?

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I came back to this game with pretty much no gold and no assets, i spent my dailies gold this way: abyss set -> weapon +9 -> rest +9 -> masterwork weapon -> +12 weapon

now i swapped my +9 abyss for +9 regent due to dungeon drops cash injection and i'm in the process of masterworkng my gloves. The regent armor is generally not worth it other then the chestpiece and you're better off masterworking abyss gloves instead of getting it.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Out of interest, is there any way to use a boxed EU copy to log into NA servers? I'd rather not have to buy and download the NA game if I can use the discs.
Also, what's the population like at the minute? Are people still doing fresh 60 content?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Nope, you have to buy NA copy but you can reuse the game files somehow I guess.

Population is pretty decent and more than enough people are doing 60 content.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

:toot:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Now get the rest of us the same title and glowing red weapon! You can do it, we believe in you!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Shirmp hat is the best hat ever. Going to get it the day it comes out.

or is it a lobster

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dibs on maid costume

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
That afro rules so hard

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm totally convincing the three friends I roll with to don the maid costume and shrimp hat with me and form some sort of dumb posse.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Shrimp hat is a must-have for me.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They should never release the maid costume so the forums have a breakdown.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I took a crafting quest (still really low level, ~14ish) and started chugging away at making staves...jesus gently caress, do they expect me to just put all that money into buying the materials? I don't have anywhere near enough, and I figured this quest was for lowbies.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Crafting is leagues cheaper than ti was before, at higher levels it's chump change. The way the game isnow, you basically have no use in crafting until 60 so~

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Eigo posted:

Crafting is leagues cheaper than ti was before, at higher levels it's chump change. The way the game isnow, you basically have no use in crafting until 60 so~
Alright. Should I be vendoring the gear I get that I have no use for, or disassembling it and sticking the materials up with a trade broker?

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Just downloaded the game and am level 11. I went ahead and applied for DGKK. Is there a level requirement to get in or anything?

IGN is Fencehopper

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I was planning to get to 50 so I would get the mount tomorrow, but after a hectic couple of days where I didn't have a chance to play i'm stuck at level 44 and can't see myself getting 6 levels in what, 12 hours? Oh well, shades are good enough :unsmith:

edit - not that I need them on my main, though.

Thievery fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 23, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Please farm PP oh god.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Heh, I started it, started to like it then BAM servers poo poo themselves.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

(I already took the item, but the letter is either adorable or creepy I can't decide)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

KaneTW posted:

(I already took the item, but the letter is either adorable or creepy I can't decide)

What in the what.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

GMs sent out a parcel as an apology for a server crash.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Enmasse owns so hard

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Level 60 after like a year of screwing around and not levelling i'd like to thank my co-stars in DGKK and my agent and all the staff of TERA god bless and keep u safe

The question is do I risk getting better gear and throwing off my pretty princess knight ensemble, or do I power onward and hope I get an even more fabulous outfit nearer the top?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

KaneTW posted:

GMs sent out a parcel as an apology for a server crash.

Oh. OH. For some reason I thought it was some player-guild RPing a bit too hard. My bad.

e: Is there any way/where to preview the stuff in the cash shop?

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 24, 2013

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Hopefully someone can help tell me what I screwed up.

I used the optomizaiton guide from pastebin linked earlier in the thread and grabbed the AA injector to use. I've got an NVidia card and while the game runs fine, I'm having weird issues in cutscenes and main menus as seen here:

I'm... not sure what I busted here. I suppose I could just revert all the files back to default and poke at them one by one, though I figured I'd ask here first just in case this has been encountered before.

EDIT: Okay, this is really loving weird. It's like the in-game resolution went haywire. I closed out the game and reloaded it and the menus and stuff were back to normal. :psyduck: The character select screen before was really small too, almost like it was scaled to 50% or something of the sort. I'm uh, not sure.

Tensokuu fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 24, 2013

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?

Tensokuu posted:

EDIT: Okay, this is really loving weird. It's like the in-game resolution went haywire. I closed out the game and reloaded it and the menus and stuff were back to normal. :psyduck: The character select screen before was really small too, almost like it was scaled to 50% or something of the sort. I'm uh, not sure.

Do you use the FoV tweak? Having higher FoV than normal causes that, just add a binding to turn it back to default (I think 60?)

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Pollyzoid posted:

Do you use the FoV tweak? Having higher FoV than normal causes that, just add a binding to turn it back to default (I think 60?)

Yeah, I did. I'll go back and fix it. Thanks!

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Whoa, wait, what? Lancers have a weapon that's skinned out as a sword? This changes everything for me.

What's the best way to practice not dying in any form of PvP whatsoever? I know the best idea is to not play Berserker and stay out of Channel 1, but that's as far as I know, and in the case of something stupid like petty ganking during Nexus I'd like to be able to defend myself. More than that even, I think I might enjoy things like Battleground or eventually 3v3. How do I get over the hurdle of not having done any serious dueling or PvP in any MMORPG, ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Get a set of PVP gear and practice practice practice practice ask questions and practice some more.

• Locked thread