Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
drat. I logged on earlier today since I just picked up the DLC and I lost all my skins and my badass points were reset. The points I didn't mind since I got to rework those to what I knew I needed but the skins disappearing is a tad annoying.

:sigh: at least it was only a cosmetic issue. That said, I'm really enjoying the DLC. I'm doing Scarlett's right now but I'm psyched to play Torgues campaign. Can't wait.

Draven fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Jake Blues posted:

Sorry about my behavior yesterday. Some friends new to the game wanted to give it a go. Then one threw up.
I'll be on most of tonight if anyone's down.

It's all good. I have lots of people added just from the forums, and if I'm doing a specific thing I let them know and it's always cool. Feel free to drop in any of my game whenever. If I'm trying to do a thing, I'll say so.

That said, how did your friends like bar room?

Also, wtf is SowingOsprey875?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Two PAX East Shift codes:
KTWJJ-BXSXF-TTZBF-KFJBB-FX9RW

5JKBJ-H5WCF-KWST6-K6BJB-FZ9BJ

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The panel is live now at http://www.twitch.tv/2k

They just mentioned the level cap is being upgraded to 61 as part of an Ultimate Vault Hunters Pack, which apparently includes a third playthrough and a pearlescent gear starting at level 51.

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 24, 2013

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kifisonfire posted:

They just mentioned the level cap is being upgraded to 61 as part of an upgrade pack, which apparently includes a third playthrough and a pearlescent gear starting at level 51.

How much will this upgrade pack cost? Because I'm not very happy with them right now, and really don't feel like shelling out $10 for a level cap increase.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

How much will this upgrade pack cost? Because I'm not very happy with them right now, and really don't feel like shelling out $10 for a level cap increase.
$5 regularly, free with the season pass. Also everyone gets the third playthrough, you don't need to pay for that I guess.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
:stare: New DLC character is a Psycho.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kifisonfire posted:

They just mentioned the level cap is being upgraded to 61 as part of an Ultimate Vault Hunters Pack, which apparently includes a third playthrough and a pearlescent gear starting at level 51.

So wait, they're gonna bring back pearl gear? Gear that was about as rare as legendaries are now? What, are their draop rates gonna be something like .0000001%?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

So wait, they're gonna bring back pearl gear? Gear that was about as rare as legendaries are now? What, are their draop rates gonna be something like .0000001%?
They're adjusting the game to work with the UVHM pack, so I'd hope that legendary drops will be better if pearlescent will take their place.

Also Krieg looks badass.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Kifisonfire posted:

$5 regularly, free with the season pass. Also everyone gets the third playthrough, you don't need to pay for that I guess.

Third playthrough that can be done at level 50 without making oranges obsolete!? gently caress level raise, that's what I want!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
That class looks AWESOME to play!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Holy poo poo Krieg looks awesome! He has a skill which turns you into a suicide psycho and let's you explode just as you're about to die, which could cause a second wind.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So does the level cap increase mean that all the grinding for legendaries that people did already is going to all be made obsolete?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

raditts posted:

So does the level cap increase mean that all the grinding for legendaries that people did already is going to all be made obsolete?
Probably. But I imagine you'll have to finish Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode to get level 61 legendaries/pearls

Blotto Battalion
Mar 30, 2010
Did they mention any dates for the increase or new character?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Blotto Battalion posted:

May for the new character was what I read. Probably a little earlier for the other stuff.

Is the update that costs money or is free if you have the Season pass the fourth season pass thing then? Or just an added bonus? Cause I'd sort of want some new content to play through at the same time as they add all this functionality and side stuff.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

Blotto Battalion posted:

The new character comes out in May and will cost $10. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode (playthrough 3) will be free for everyone, but the level cap increase will cost $5 and is also included in the season pass. UVHM and the cap increase come out on April 2nd.

DLC4 is slated to come out by the end of June and is "the biggest DLC we've ever done, Borderlands 1 and 2 included" according to Randy. They didn't announce anything else about it, but if it's bigger than Knoxx, I am definitely psyched.

GammaShade fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 24, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Anyway here's a round-up of everything announced

Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack - April 2nd ($5 normally, free with season pass)
- Level increase to 61
- Pearlescent guns starting at level 51 will be introduced
- Entire game rebalanced to reflect these changes
- Third playthrough (Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode) will be added (NOTE: This is free for everyone, will likely be added via mandatory patch)

Krieg The Psycho - May ($10)
- New Vault Hunter, focus on aggressive melee/close quarters playstyle. Inspired by attacks/skills of existing Psycho enemies.
- Action skill: Buzz Axe, similar to Badass Psychos. Can be both thrown or used as melee. Loses health during action skill, kills with the action skill will replenish health to stay alive.
- Three skilltrees: Bloodlust (Seems to revolve around stacks ala Anarchy), Mania (High risk/high reward tree, tanking/weapon damage?) and Hellborn (Elemental/Fire damage, BEING ON loving FIRE!)
- Blood Bath skill (Bloodlust): Kills with grenades/explosive weapons will increase weapon damage/grenade ammo drop rate.
- Pull The Pin skill (Mania): When you die, you drop a grenade. If that grenade kills someone, you get double XP. (The wording doesn't say whether dying is dropping to FFYL or actually dying).
- Feed The Meat skill (Mania): Max health and shield recharge delay increase
- Fuel The Rampage skill (Mania): Taking damage reduces action skill cooldown, taking health damage reduces it faster. Friendly fire enabled for balance (NOTE: Maya's healing bullets override this)
- Light The Fuse skill (Mania): FFYL is replaced with Light The Fuse. You move like FFYL but instead of pulling out a weapon, you pull out a bundle of dynamite. You can throw sticks around, and the bundle detonates when the timer runs out/you suicide by holding X/Square. Killing an enemy in LTF results in a second wind and increased movement speed for the remainder of the timer.
- Strip The Flesh skill (Mania): Explosive elemental damage increase, increased further in FFYL (NOTE: The skill JUST says FFYL, doesn't say anything about LTF, although I imagine it must work with both)
- Burn, Baby, Burn skill (Hellborn): Increases burn damage, chance to light self on fire when igniting enemies. If you're on fire, you do additional fire damage. (NOTE: Both of Krieg's lowest skills include a chance to light self on fire. Being on fire is good for that tree. It owns.)

Fourth DLC: Tiny Tina's Racist Adventure Bunkers And Badasses? - June? ($10, free with season pass)
- Developed in-house by Gearbox (Not outsourced like previous DLC)
- "Biggest DLC yet"
- That's literally it. Also Brick is a pretty girl.

Also you can buy a loot chest with Shift codes for 20 legendary guns I guess?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm totally buying that loot box because I missed out on the launch one. Also I'm a little miffed that I just finished my legendary collection and then the level cap raise is announced.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kifisonfire posted:

Anyway here's a round-up of everything announced

Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack - April 2nd ($5 normally, free with season pass)
- Level increase to 61
- Pearlescent guns starting at level 51 will be introduced
- Entire game rebalanced to reflect these changes
- Third playthrough (Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode) will be added (NOTE: This is free for everyone, will likely be added via mandatory patch)

Krieg The Psycho - May ($10)
- New Vault Hunter, focus on aggressive melee/close quarters playstyle. Inspired by attacks/skills of existing Psycho enemies.
- Action skill: Buzz Axe, similar to Badass Psychos. Can be both thrown or used as melee. Loses health during action skill, kills with the action skill will replenish health to stay alive.
- Three skilltrees: Bloodlust (Seems to revolve around stacks ala Anarchy), Mania (High risk/high reward tree, tanking/weapon damage?) and Hellborn (Elemental/Fire damage, BEING ON loving FIRE!)
- Blood Bath skill (Bloodlust): Kills with grenades/explosive weapons will increase weapon damage/grenade ammo drop rate.
- Pull The Pin skill (Mania): When you die, you drop a grenade. If that grenade kills someone, you get double XP. (The wording doesn't say whether dying is dropping to FFYL or actually dying).
- Feed The Meat skill (Mania): Max health and shield recharge delay increase
- Fuel The Rampage skill (Mania): Taking damage reduces action skill cooldown, taking health damage reduces it faster. Friendly fire enabled for balance (NOTE: Maya's healing bullets override this)
- Light The Fuse skill (Mania): FFYL is replaced with Light The Fuse. You move like FFYL but instead of pulling out a weapon, you pull out a bundle of dynamite. You can throw sticks around, and the bundle detonates when the timer runs out/you suicide by holding X/Square. Killing an enemy in LTF results in a second wind and increased movement speed for the remainder of the timer.
- Strip The Flesh skill (Mania): Explosive elemental damage increase, increased further in FFYL (NOTE: The skill JUST says FFYL, doesn't say anything about LTF, although I imagine it must work with both)
- Burn, Baby, Burn skill (Hellborn): Increases burn damage, chance to light self on fire when igniting enemies. If you're on fire, you do additional fire damage. (NOTE: Both of Krieg's lowest skills include a chance to light self on fire. Being on fire is good for that tree. It owns.)

Fourth DLC: Tiny Tina's Racist Adventure Bunkers And Badasses? - June? ($10, free with season pass)
- Developed in-house by Gearbox (Not outsourced like previous DLC)
- "Biggest DLC yet"
- That's literally it. Also Brick is a pretty girl.

Also you can buy a loot chest with Shift codes for 20 legendary guns I guess?

I am going to buy the gently caress out of this new character. It is everything I ever wanted out of a bandit class and gently caress if I'm not gonna go whole hog with it via only using bandit tech with him.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Does this mean we get 11 more skill points? oh my god.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

burntpork posted:

I hope we only get 5. Don't need two trees maxed out/nearly maxed out.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

I hope we only get 5. Don't need two trees maxed out/nearly maxed out.

Why would you actively hope they arbitrarily limit the skill points we'd get for levelling 11 times? I mean they've picked 61 for a reason, they wouldn't just be like "well you don't get points for these 6 levels for no discernible reason". I'd assume that was a glitch if I levelled and didn't get a point. I agree it'll be unbalanced and silly but eh.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Haven't they already said that skill points on the new levels is unlikely? I mean, that was Pitchford, so maybe he was just spitballing.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

Why would you actively hope they arbitrarily limit the skill points we'd get for levelling 11 times? I mean they've picked 61 for a reason, they wouldn't just be like "well you don't get points for these 6 levels for no discernible reason". I'd assume that was a glitch if I levelled and didn't get a point. I agree it'll be unbalanced and silly but eh.

Cause I'd rather they do something different than "welp here's 11 more points." Give us five and new low end talents. Let us spend those talent points on increased chances of finding rare weapons. Give me something other than a way to imbalance my character.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'd rather they take a look at all the completely awful skills in the game before they give us any points at all. That said, balance is hard, so if they give us 11 it becomes far easier to live with picking up some of the awful skills in order to get to the good ones.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

They didn't mention skill points at the panel, nor did they have any questions about it (The way they took questions was kind of dickish to the people there to be honest, but gently caress them they got Krieg for free).

Maybe one skill point for every 2 levels? Just give me something to give Maya some survivability in UVHM!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Give me something other than a way to imbalance my character.

It's kind of funny to read these threads and see that, in a game where duping legendaries and adjusting drop tables is standard operating procedure, having enough points for two new skills and a game changer is crossing the line.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I do agree that they should fix some really lovely skills, but I still want the 7 points needed to max two skill trees.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

It's kind of funny to read these threads and see that, in a game where duping legendaries and adjusting drop tables is standard operating procedure, having enough points for two new skills and a game changer is crossing the line.

Who says I do either of those things?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

The point is that the game's already ridiculously and irreparably unbalanced, so eleven more points can only make it more fun.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

I was just saying that it's a funny thing to read in the context of everything else you see about these games. Realtalk though: I don't think being able to pick any two end-tree game changers is more game-breaking than the mere existence of the Torgue vending machine, which not only gives you access to on-demand purple and Legendary Torgue guns but also lets you cherry-pick your prefixes, grips and accessories by gaming the random store population that happens when you load the map (Double-Penetrating Unkempt Harolds are a popular example). I'd even say that having 11 more points would be a boon to players so even if they don't want two end-tree skills they could flesh out one and dabble deeper in another tree- like Salvadors could 24/7 Gunzerk and play with Brawn talents, or a Zer0 can focus on melee or sniping and flesh out the other a little better. The game is broke as hell, 11 points isn't going to hurt anyone.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I just want to be a walking apocalypse :(

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Im more worried about the new tier weapons' gimmicks and how mad Im gonna be when I can't get them to drop :mad:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Isn't there a skill point glitch anyway? I thought someone had posted a Youtube video of it earlier in the thread but I didn't understand how it worked at all.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I'm not digging the new character all that much, but seeing him in action might change my mind. Jazzed as hell about the next DLC and the possibility to add new levels to my Assassin. Hope they release more information soon.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

burntpork posted:

Oh God no! You get 11 more levels. To earn skill points with those levels, just buy the Season 2 DLC pass anffff:unsmigghh: Don't worry, that was just a joke... for the time being, at least.

Seneschal posted:

I'm not digging the new character all that much, but seeing him in action might change my mind. Jazzed as hell about the next DLC and the possibility to add new levels to my Assassin. Hope they release more information soon.

IGN just updated their report to include this six minute play video. I'm probably going to end up buying this to feed my insatiable bloodlust. :getin:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm a little confused about the diamond loot pack -- does it come with actual campaign dlc?

I still have the bare bones BL2, I haven't bought any dlc, was hoping the loot pack could catch me up...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It would make no sense at all to give us 11 more levels without giving us skill points along with them.

As someone else said, this game is already unbalanced and it's still fun as hell. Additionally, when this game was first announced like 2 years ago, Gearbox explicitly said that if they had a choice to nerf things or make them overpowered, they leaned toward overpowered because this a co-op game, not a competitive game. They'd rather people have fun going crazy with broken builds and weapons than getting frustrated with characters who didn't have any good skills or whose only good skills were in the bottom tiers.

Now what I want to see is those online skill tree sites to update with 11 more points so I can play around with them for a week and see how I want to spend those points.

Also, Krieg looks underwhelming to me personally because I already played Brick in BL1. I'll give him a try and being on fire looks pretty hilarious but he doesn't really look like my playstyle. My first playthrough in BL2 was Bloodshed Zer0 and I had a blast but that was more Grey Fox than Cyber-Psycho-Brick. Who knos, maybe I'll be wrong and end up loving him. I like the dude above's idea to use Bandit-only gear with him. That sounds like a really fun gimmick! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Krieg looks awesome to me just because no other character has anything that really enhances explosives. Gunzerker kinda does I guess what with two grenades but still.

• Locked thread