Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unclepenny
May 29, 2012

vote_no posted:

I'd really like to know what more he thinks he can take from us. He already took all of the tapes and recordings that we all made and put on the DC++ hub and shared with each other, then shut that poo poo down in favor of his own exclusive website, so does he think he's gonna break into our homes and delete our local copies?

I'm doing my best to stay out of all this but I must say I've done my hardest to credit every single taper for their work over the years on the site for each and every recording. I've gone out of my way to track down people I haven't talked to online in years (as well as a couple cases never) and ask if it was okay to give them credit, some didn't even want it and were just happy their files were being shared with the fans. Many pre-1999 shows were bootlegs from fans of whatever band was on the show, they didn't want to be mentioned whenever I came across a taper or tape source but were fine with the archival and sharing of the files for free. If anyone has a personal recording on the site they feel they should be credited or even removed please let me know and I can have it done for you. I'm not trying to be the bad guy here, just tell me what tapes and recordings from the Hub need to be credited and I'll gladly do it. Cheers - Adam D,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Thanks for the openness Adam. Regardless of how the majority of us feel about Geovanni, we are happy to see the shows getting more love.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I love Loveline Tapes, man. That site is everything I ever wanted for accessing Loveline episodes. Giovanni is bizarrely prideful and overly dedicated, and I guess it's nice that he secured all these unreleased episodes, but I'm not even really interested in the early days of the show because there's hundreds of episodes from 1999 on. I don't mind his contextualizing prefaces, but I also don't need them or listen to them.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

unclepenny I just want to say I have nothing against you or the Loveline Tapes site, I think what you guys do is great and you should be commended for your dedication to the show and desire to share with other fans. I appreciate the work you guys have put in and specifically yourself for meticulously adding notations and summaries to all the shows that I see on your site.

The issue I have with Giovanni is a personal thing from my (admittedly unproven) belief that he interferes with other fan sites in his quest to be the "Superfan" and curator of all things Loveline. Did I accept donations to help run my LovelineStream website? Yes. Did I make a profit from the site? Not even close, donations didn't even come to a quarter of the thousands of dollars I spent for the 2 years I had it running. Phil's Loveline Stream has come back anyways so my reasons for running the site in the first place has been resolved.

I'm not going to engage Giovanni anymore because its childish and a waste of time in the end, but I don't think I'll ever not take the opportunity to poke his big head once in a while.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 22, 2013

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
How many of the Loveline shows online are personal recordings of Giovanni? My understanding was:

1. Go to different sites and torrents
2. Download all episodes
3. Shutdown those sites and torrents
4. Upload those episodes to his site
5. Act like he's the reason why we get to listen to Loveline

Someone needs to blend :smug: and :spergin: to create :giovanni:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

To be fair lovelinetapes gets/got a lot of its content from cassette tapes sent to them.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

FCKGW posted:

To be fair lovelinetapes gets/got a lot of its content from cassette tapes sent to them.

So Giovanni was not responsible for anything. If he didn't do this, someone else could have. He acts like he's the only one on the planet to have recorded these episodes and we must all blow him so we get the privilege to listen to them.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Giovanni's got the overblown, overwritten prose style of a moron who has no idea how dumb he is. I bet listening to him talk is a delight. I, too, enjoy just listening to old shows only knowing who the guest is and nothing else. If you're into the show enough to seek out the old episodes why would you NEED anything else?

Aaaanyhow, I listened to the first part of the Dr. Drew interview on Alison Rosen's podcast and it's pretty fantastic. If the doctor ever opened up like he has on there and his own recent podcast while he was on Loveline I don't recall hearing it. Probably not, as I imagine he did his best to keep an air of authority on LL.

(I like Alison a lot but I haaaate the songs and segments on her show.)

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

unclepenny posted:

I'm doing my best to stay out of all this but I must say I've done my hardest to credit every single taper for their work over the years on the site for each and every recording. I've gone out of my way to track down people I haven't talked to online in years (as well as a couple cases never) and ask if it was okay to give them credit, some didn't even want it and were just happy their files were being shared with the fans. Many pre-1999 shows were bootlegs from fans of whatever band was on the show, they didn't want to be mentioned whenever I came across a taper or tape source but were fine with the archival and sharing of the files for free. If anyone has a personal recording on the site they feel they should be credited or even removed please let me know and I can have it done for you. I'm not trying to be the bad guy here, just tell me what tapes and recordings from the Hub need to be credited and I'll gladly do it. Cheers - Adam D,

I certainly didn't mean to imply that I don't want my tapes shared; as I know you remember, that was the whole point of the hub. We all want everyone to have access to these thousands of hours of engaging and funny programming. I certainly don't want credit, and I sure as hell don't want anything removed.

It's just frustrating when only a chosen few are allowed to share this content we all helped to save (and you can blame Westwood None for a lot of it, I know) and particularly when his attitude about it seems to be that the reason he's allowed is because of how awesome he is. If his attitude was, "Hey, we all helped to create this great archive and it's unfortunate that Westwood One is being uptight about it. I'd love it if it could be shared other places," that'd be one thing. Instead it's all about how great he is, and how he's the one who kept the fanbase alive.

Maybe that's the central point: we don't want recognition because all we did was make some tapes of a show and help share Loveline with as many people as possible. Not only does Giovanni want recognition, but he loves to imply that he's the reason we have an archive, and now apparently the people who helped share and contribute to that archive are "pieces of poo poo" trying to "gently caress with his position." All we've done is sit around talking about how the guy seems like a douche.

vote_no fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 22, 2013

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Unclepenny you seem like a cool guy, you should post more around here, we got like 4 different threads with pictures of cats.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This is the last I'm going to say of this because it's getting into offsite drama category but Giovanni has since protected his twitter feed so no one can read it now.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

FCKGW posted:

Look at this self important smug prick

Everyone get in line to suck "Superfan Giovanni's" dick!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Loveline/comments/195vl6/classicloveline/

Also, he's a racist men's rights rear end in a top hat.
Wow, he's a real piece of work. And I'm now seeing the story emerging here. That first post of his was about 25 days ago not long after the new Loveline recordings first started going up. He apparently wasn't involved very much at this point and this sent him into full on spaz out mode at the thought that they would dare to do something without including the PREMIER LOVELINE HISTORIAN in this project, and managed to find someone to harass to the point where they give in and let him do his dumb intros and start labeling all the episodes like he's cataloging Vivaldi works, just so he would leave them alone. Hence the reason why we now hear his flabby voice at the beginning of each episode. And apparently he's also managed to start/escalate some sort of slapfight with Itunes, which is why the latest couple episodes haven't gone up there as quickly.

Keep up the good work you gigantic headcase! Also quotin this again for posterity:

quote:

Not sure how long this will go or what, but I'm putting all personal feelings and squabbles aside to help make this as popular as it needs to be so we get full transparency into the archive and nothing gets "lost" along the way.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Man, I was listening to loveline waaay before Giovanni started bugging Adam on his radio show. Via the internet, I mean, in particular.

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 23, 2013

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
Sploser - n. (SPLOO-zer) Part spazz, all loser.
See also; Giovanni

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Actually I may have been wrong about Itunes, it wasn't showing the latest episode until I went and clicked "show all available episodes" just now and it popped up. Itunes has weird issues with podcasts sometimes.

Giovanni still sucks

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Oh, that's precious. Was anyone else beyond you and that other guy needling him? I can't wrap my head around someone making their profile private after a grand total of two jokes at their expense.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

FCKGW posted:

This is the last I'm going to say of this because it's getting into offsite drama category but Giovanni has since protected his twitter feed so no one can read it now.

What a colossal rear end in a top hat. I guess he's truly come around to believing that he made all those recordings himself and we didn't really do anything at all.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

WEH posted:

Oh, that's precious. Was anyone else beyond you and that other guy needling him? I can't wrap my head around someone making their profile private after a grand total of two jokes at their expense.

I barely said anything, he's getting himself wound up at this point. He's reading this thread I'm sure so I have nothing more to say to him except my sites have been gone for two years now and Phil restarted the original stream so I don't need to, my issues with WW1 were resolved and he's still proving himself to be a colossal tool regardless of how high a regard he holds himself to.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 23, 2013

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

WEH posted:

I can't wrap my head around someone making their profile private after a grand total of two jokes at their expense.

You see it a lot from whackjobs at the periphery of the Howard Stern Show.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
On another note...Drew and Mike have a podcast, and Anderson is producer....it's fascinating. I started with episode 5 and I can't believe it took me this long to listen to it: Mike and Drew from loveline, podcast one network.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
I think the answer will be really stupid, but I want one because it's been bugging me.

Anyone remember like two years ago where Mike would do this bit on a night with a full moon? Anyone remember what it was?

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

BrokenCycle posted:

I think the answer will be really stupid, but I want one because it's been bugging me.

Anyone remember like two years ago where Mike would do this bit on a night with a full moon? Anyone remember what it was?

Can you describe what he did in the bit? It wasn't Rudy, was it?

Edit:

Giovanni's outbursts aren't surprising. Listening to him bring up stories about Adam and Drew on their podcast as if he were there always felt a bit creepy.

Instrumedley fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 23, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
stinky pinky?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152828/
Anyone else watch this documentary? It is about fan obsessed with Tiffany the pop star from the 80's.

Anyone else think that the two creepy guys in that movie are exactly like Giovanni?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Instrumedley posted:

Giovanni's outbursts aren't surprising. Listening to him bring up stories about Adam and Drew on their podcast as if he were there always felt a bit creepy.

I think him writing up synopses of 2-hour chunks of radio 15 years old detailing the PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENTS between Adam and Drew is the creepy thing.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I feel like my prediction of Giovanni Mark David Chapmaning Adam is as healthy as ever.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

jyrka posted:

I feel like my prediction of Giovanni Mark David Chapmaning Adam is as healthy as ever.
He'll stay at the scene, reading The Phantom Tollbooth until police arrive.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
So how long until Giovanni tries to fashion a coat and hat out of the skin of Dr. Drew and Adam?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

I think him writing up synopses of 2-hour chunks of radio 15 years old detailing the PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENTS between Adam and Drew is the creepy thing.

Just imagine the inside of his house. It would be like that scene in Se7en with all the notebooks full of random serial killer thoughts, but instead they're full of details of Adam and Drew's interactions on a radio show.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

toggle posted:

Just imagine the inside of his house. It would be like that scene in Se7en with all the notebooks full of random serial killer thoughts, but instead they're full of details of Adam and Drew's interactions on a radio show.

"The killer's home was found to contain a series of books filled with the words 'You're gay' repeated over and over again, written hundreds of thousands of times. At the end of the final volume, the series ends with the mysterious phrase "Number One Asian Big Boob Queen."

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Don't play tennis no more.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Numba waaaa?

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
Here we are with Minka, number three Asian big boob queen.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Giovanni thinks I'm Phil and own a yacht for some reason.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/messages/

unclepenny can you please tell Giovanni I'm not Phil and he's sorely mistaken. I've posted my history for your last time you came in.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Gio is insane. What the gently caress.

quote:

I am now the official buffer/mascot for this poo poo, as it always was meant to be, I am the First Son Of Loveline and that's it, you got a problem shut your mouth or leave.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

FCKGW posted:

unclepenny can you please tell Giovanni I'm not Phil and he's sorely mistaken. I've posted my history for your last time you came in.

He is going to murder you and play with your blood. Stay safe friend.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

quote:

I've had friends die since he gas been around, had that money gone to westwood one, perhaps those people would have got a chance to hear these official files and had a quality of life increase.

Well fckgw, you have literally caused people to die.

I really can't even fathom how disconnected he is from reality at this point.

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

FCKGW posted:

:laffo: This is some Poe's law stuff, he's like a parody of himself.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Quick poll on which was scarier for Adam and Dr. Drew: Any time Pennywise was on the show, or every interaction with Giovanni?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Rack posted:

Well fckgw, you have literally caused people to die.

I really can't even fathom how disconnected he is from reality at this point.

Up until this point I thought he was just spergy and had a lot of time on his hands. He's delusional.

• Locked thread