Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Monicro posted:

I pray that I'm not glossing over some glaring hole in the Bloggers lineup and select 1915 Eppa Rixey, who will be replacing Lolich in the rotation immediately (fire Holtzman into the sun).

Dazzy Vance is better. Quick, change it.

vvvv: He's stuck with Eppa Rixley, which isn't so bad really.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Dazzy Vance is better. Quick, change it.

oh okay WE DRAFT DAZZY VANCE INSTEAD

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Finally can put Chuck Klein back into the lineup and ship Bobby Bonds somewhere far, far away where he can never make his way back from. Now time to make some more picks that have a smaller chance of being right then Florida Gulf Coast has of winning the NCAA Tournament.

Pick 'em: Death, Glory, or Something Stranger Still

South Bolton Eazy W's @ Ryleh Cultists

Walney Rakers @ Queens Mercuries

Patagonia Postmodernists @ Million Dollar Men

Rockford Losers @ Web 2.0 Bloggers

Intercontinental and Heavyweight Championships
Idaho Potatoes @ Finger Lakes Phoenixes (c)

European and Larkin-Downing Championships
Burma Imperialists (c) @ Cleveland Unicorns

United States Championship
Oneida Mighty Spooners @ Coburns (c)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Draft Sheet for new page.

The W's select '53 Early Wynn. Theacox, you're on the clock!

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

You assholes have succeeded in taking every pitcher I really wanted, so now I'm picking the one with the most nicknames.

The CERN Colliders take "Rapid Robert" "Bullet Bob" "The Heater from Van Meter" 53 Bob Feller. You all should be punished for making this manly All-American badass motherfucker move to Canada.

Also, Feller will replace Bob "Puke" Buhl in the rotation.

NotThatSamBeckett's non-Cheers rear end is on the clock.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

theacox posted:

You assholes have succeeded in taking every pitcher I really wanted, so now I'm picking the one with the most nicknames.

The CERN Colliders take "Rapid Robert" "Bullet Bob" "The Heater from Van Meter" 53 Bob Feller. You all should be punished for making this manly All-American badass motherfucker move to Canada.

Also, Feller will replace Bob "Puke" Buhl in the rotation.

NotThatSamBeckett's non-Cheers rear end is on the clock.

Please note that the Commissioner has over rulled the Eppa Rixley switch out so Dazzy Vance is still available.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Unspecs! If you're looking to replace your Hornsby with a viable 2B, I do have Larry Doyle of the 1915 NY Giants available for your draft pick or if you'd like to negotiate for a bullpen arm, that's also possible.

cbx fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 27, 2013

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

I will offer Craig Biggio, 1998 edition, same terms, though a quality BP arm is preferred.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Oh I will hurt you if you manage to turn that worthless sack of crap into a first round SL draft pick

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.
Alright, whoever it was that sorted the SPs in the draft spreadsheet alphabetically to make Dazzy Vance appear less appealing to others isn't fooling anyone. :ninja:

I don't know who did it, but somebody draft him before that cheeky arsehole gets his grubby paws on him. :argh:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

GrickleGrass posted:

Alright, whoever it was that sorted the SPs in the draft spreadsheet alphabetically to make Dazzy Vance appear less appealing to others isn't fooling anyone. :ninja:

I don't know who did it, but somebody draft him before that cheeky arsehole gets his grubby paws on him. :argh:

It was me - the reason I did it was because people where constantly asking smasher 'why isn't the list ordered' and expecting the next pitcher in the list to be the 'best' which just wasn't true at all, though it was just true enough to be confusing. To prevent further confusion, I have ordered it by year.

None of the lists are truly ordered, I know I edited some to be partly ordered (i.e. put Babe Ruth at the top of the right fielders) - but my player evaluations are questionable, so do not trust the order blindly. Similarly, some of the player categorizations are not strictly correct. Heinie Manush can sort of play every outfield position, and Goose Goslin can in theory play right field - the level of fielding quality is about the level of Andre Ethier for both of them so not exactly great but it's not the end of the world if you're running Goose Goslin out in Right Field.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Guys please stop getting swept? Pretty please? :ohdear:

And breaking one of my two decent relievers is annoying... Put Goose on his position till Sutter comes back.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pick 'em

Eazy W's
Mercuries
Million Dollar Men
Losers

Phoenixes
Unicorns
Spooners

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012
I'm in a bit of a jam. My center fielder just broke, and Betancourt is literally dying out there, but there's plenty of other holes to fill. So let's go with whimsy.

The Patagonian Postmodernists select

Michael Jeffrey Jordan, Underwear Salesman

Until he arrives, DL Averill, and start CarGo in center. Reggie Jackson's on a short leash, maybe he needs a new prescription.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Turns out Garcia was my middle relief. I like using spare starters there, seems to give you the edge in starter-ineffective games or extras. Anyway, Eppa Rixey to MR, DL Garcia. Ott should be playing full-time in right. And I hate to do it, but send down Det. Don Slaught, call up Posada to start, Bresnahan catches for Stieb and Siebert.

The Coburns draft

another Bert Blyleven. Happy Easter from Bert!

He should take over from Old Tom Seaver, who gets sent down.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

blackmongoose and the Antarctica Unspecifieds are on the clock!

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Forgot my Pick 'Em. Already missed the one over the weekend.

(though if I faced both Walsh and Pedro, I'd pick against myself)

Oh, and

quote:

Oneida Mighty Spooners
Tom Henke (RP) (He'll be back) - 8 days

that was pretty good. I do appreciate the injury jokes.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
(Sorry Cthulhu and cbx, but I've decided my long-term pitching needs are more important than a backup 2B who wouldn't play much past this year)

The Unspecifieds draft 1918 Dazzy Vance.

Put Vance into the rotation in Lee's spot. Bring up Perry and put him in Grimes' spot in the bullpen. Put Lee in the bullpen in Bill Pleis' spot. Send Pleis and Grimes to the minors.

Put Hornsby on the DL. Start Fregosi in his place, batting last in all lineups. Bring up Dave Parker from the minors.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

No worries.

ViscountSlim, you're on the clock. Hurry so I can make my pick before I have to go to work and make everyone wait an entire day.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

^^^ :argh:

That puts Viscount Slim and the Imperialist up to bat in the Draft.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

There's some good pieces, but my bullpen has always been a weakness. Guess I'll take young Eck and hope he can be his future self.

Send down Crowder and Thornton, bring Sam McDowell up to Middle Relief, Timlin to short, Eck sets up for Pap. While I remember, start Rickey again, start Cedeno at center over Edmonds. Send down Will Clark and call up Yount to be a defensive replacement, I guess. Thanks, Smasher.

Pick 'Em

W's, Mercs, PoMos, Losers, champs retain.

(I imagine cbx knows he's up, given his RUSH)

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Yeah, and you grabbed the piece I was eyeing hungrily.

But, seeing as how Ecks is gone, I'll go ahead and take 1979 Rich "Goose" Gossage.

Senerio, you and the Queens Mercuries are now on the clock.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

Send down Griffey for Schmidt, start Schmidtty at 3B for the week, platoon Utley and Grich at 2B, and start Larkin again at short. Swap the Babe and Mays in the order.

Pick 'em

Thanks, Smasher!

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
Pick 'em

-----

Pander: I saw your post yesterday about our trade for your second rounder. Give me until after my 1st round pick goes through to decide for sure, but I'm leaning towards yes and sending you Ventura/Roberto Hernandez/O'Toole.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

Anyone want to take my second pick off my hands? I'm looking for a utility infielder (at least someone capable of playing SS/3B but preferably all infield positions except 1B) or maybe a reliever or something, nobody of much value. I'll probably just end up blowing the pick on somebody stupid, anyway, so if somebody out there has more use for it than me, let me know.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League IX, Week 11: Plan C!

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

LOSERS COME BACK LATE TO SWEEP BLOGGERS

Your Mom's Basement- The Losers are not impressed with Monicro.

In fact, not only are they unimpressed, but Lord Mayor Humungus seemed downright enraged that his erstwhile divisional foe was back in the Super-League, "When I purged the Florida Dickshots, I had assumed that you would understand that your time in this league was at an end, Monicro! You were supposed to be nothing more than a memory, another testament to our greatness! But you have betrayed me, Monicro! You have, through deceit, resurrected yourself, and thus undone my great work of destroying you utterly! There will be consequences, Monicro, and I assure you, Mornacale will not have a team to return to once I am done with you!"

The game showed the sheer level of anger that Humungus holds towards Monicro. The Losers' commander held back his batters throughout the game, waiting for his moment to strike, just to make this loss all the more crushing for the Bloggers, who have floundered ever since mrnoun disemboweled Mornacale, the former owner of the team, in a similar act of spite two weeks ago. Once unleashed by their master, the Rockford Losers managed to easily score three runs on the inning, as Youkilis, Robinson and Charleston all hit RBI singles to give the Losers a 3-1 lead.

The Bloggers, down to their last three outs, played as if they just wanted to get the game over with, going down in order for another disappointing loss.

After the game, a blood-stained Monicro addressed the press, large wounds visible on his torso. "Let me just start out by saying that tigers are very hard to work with. I mean, you can't just wing it with them, that's for sure, and I definitely know that now. I guess that's really my own fault, though. I meant to do one hell of an illusion for you all, you know, to show that our spirits hadn't been broken by the Losers, and there was going to be a tiger involved, and rehearsal with Andrew McCutchen dressed up in the tiger costume went pretty well, but that tiger, man. He just did not want to be part of the illusion, and well, the important thing is that we kept casualties to a minimum. But hey, it would have been really cool if I had pulled it off, right? On a semi-related note, I..uh...didn't get the tiger back in the cage, so try and be careful walking back to your cars. I don't know, walk in pairs maybe? If you do see the tiger, do give me a call, because the security deposit for a tiger is kuh-razy expensive."

GAME NOTES

-Have you really earned game notes?

-Hippo Vaughn started today's game, despite being a persona non grata in the Super-League.

Box Score

Don May posted:

FAULKNERIAN DESTROYERS DEFEAT CATASTROPHES 2-1

Luis Tiant isn't really a reliever, Monathin, putting him at reliever isn't going to end well.

-Smasher Dynamo, a few days ago

Lafayette- At least Monathin learned an important lesson.

Monathin, whose bullpen has a lot of relievers, even if none of them are particularly good, turned to Luis Tiant, a starter with an ERA over 8 to be his new setup man. That did not appear to make a lot of sense, as, even in an ideal world. Tiant's talents would almost certainly be better suited to a role at the bottom of the rotation than as a short reliever, but Monathin was insistent: Tiant would be his setup man.

In today's game, Tiant was the setup man indeed, arriving in the bottom of the eighth inning in a game tied 1-1. He pitched a scoreless eighth, and a scoreless ninth, and a scoreless tenth. But Monathin grew proud, and was sure that if he put Tiant out there for another inning, that it would prove once and for all that his position on reliever usage did have great merit after all. Unfortunately, that is not how relievers work. The stress of warming up five or seven times a week makes it very hard for a reliever to last more than a few innings, and even though Tiant was a starter by trade, Monathin had been using him as a reliever for a while now.

In the end, much like Icarus, Monthain flew too close to the sun on wings of Luis Tiant, causing the wax of his wings to melt, and him to plummet towards the ocean, even though that story does rely on the imperfect understanding of the physical universe known to the Greeks.*

In the bottom of the eleventh inning, the end came quickly. Tiant walked the first better, and then gave up successive singles to allow the Destroyers to push a run across the place and win the game. Icarus had fallen.

After the game, Monthain was contrite, "Whoops! Well, I guess Smasher was totally right about Tiant, and I made a mistake. But people make mistakes all the time, so I guess it's no big deal!" Monathin said, and unnatural grin on his face, "Personally, being part of the Super-League has never been about winning or losing for me, it's been all about having a good time and making friends. I don't understand why people have to be fighting all the time. Why can't we all be the winners of the Super-League? Anyway, I know that CraigK beat me, and I'm totally okay with that. I'm just hoping that we can be friends now!"

CraigK did not want to be friends with anyone, "Now wait just a god-damned minute here, I tell you, Monathin, I don't what your game is, Monathin, but it'll be a cold day in hell 'fore I call you my friend! You don't get it, do ya? At the end of this season, most of our teams are gonna die. I know, I was there last season, I saw my expansion class smashed to pieces, and you want to be friends? You don't know poo poo about the Super-League. Also, Smasher, let's be damned clear on this: Faulkner was from loving Mississippi, not Arkansas. You think all of the South is the same? That'd be like me saying that the Red Sox are basically from New York. Hell, we don't even sound the same, the Arkansas dialect is much different from what those assholes in Mississippi sound like. Get your damned facts straight, rear end in a top hat."

In response, Smasher Dynamo reiterated his long-held position that, "Anything south of the Mason-Dixon line is essentially one giant amalgamation of undifferentiated tissue. You know, just like a tumor."

*-This simile was the winner of the 2013 Award for Greatness in Figurative Speech.

GAME NOTES

-It was somehow 49 degrees in Arkansas in June. There is no global warming in the Super-League. Note for readers who live outside of America, and thus use the metric system: 49 degrees converts to about 10 degrees or so Celsius. Oh, and Arkansas is famous for being painfully hot and humid during the summer, you probably didn't know that either. You should all learn more about American culture and geography.

-No one hit an extra-base in this 11-inning game, which makes me ashamed of both offenses, who have clearly failed themselves, failed their owners, and failed the very concept of the Super-League.

Box Score

Don May posted:

RAKERS SKATE PAST ELITES 5-4

Walney- The game ended in a hurry.

After ten and a half innings of deadlock, the Rakers finally made their move in the bottom of the eleventh, with Jimmie Dykes getting a clutch single, followed by a Ty Cobb sacrifice bunt and an Eddie Collins RBI single to end the game. Of course, with Mark Littel on the mound, such an ending was inevitable, and the Dykes hit a mere bagatelle, but it was still a good win for the Rakers over a divisional foe.

The Elites accepted their fate, with team owner and the Joseph T. McKinley Professor of Super-League Studies mooseontheloose sounding entirely dispassionate about the situation, "If I my speak from my ivory tower, today's game was ultimately meaningless. It told us nothing about where we came from, and where we are going, and thus does not illuminate the human condition at all. I personally have reviewed a draft copy of Smasher Dynamo's summary of the game, and find it crass and vulgar. Yes, Buzz Bissinger's article in GQ was amusing, but an extended joke about it has no place in the Super-League. These games should be showcases of the full range of the human experience! Anger! Joy! Sorrow! Mulliniks! All of the things that make life so extraordinary. It's pathetic, and it shows just how much the Super-League has declined."

In attendance at today's game was Buzz Bissinger, still trying to recover from his addiction to leather, which has consumed his life, "I have a leather problem. There, I said it. For so many years, I've tried to deny that I had a problem, that buying $15,000 leather boots, and ten pairs of tight leather leggings was somehow normal. But now I know that this addiction is more devastating than anything in the world that you can imagine. I envy the heroin addicts on the street, who are constantly jonesing for their next fix, because at least they do not have to find the perfect pair of leather gloves to match their new leather sports jacket. And the gambling addict whose compulsion has cost him everything he owns in the world? That pales in comparison to the horror of trying to find a pastel bolero jacket in a men's 38. And I envy the alcoholics, because at least tehy will not know the crushing emptiness that results from visiting the most high-class leather clubs in the world. No, this is a burden that I must bear alone. Personally, I only came to see the minotaur leather that the tourism board has been crowing about..."

gingemidget shed some light onto that last comment, "Right, ah, the minotaur leather. Well, as you know, Walney has been in a bit of...ah, a slump for the past few decades, and, once again, I figured you Yanks would flock to Walney if I made it some sort of magical wonderland. The baseball was just part of that. Apparently you all like some movie called "Field of Dreams" where a man who threw the World Series gets another chance to...throw another baseball game? I will admit to not giving the film my whole attention. Still, I figure that between the baseball and turning this place into a real life Hogwart's, Walney might just get back on the mend. The minotaurs were part of that, although we haven't quite gotten the kinks worked out yet. I have no idea where I'm going get that leather, though..."

GAME NOTES

-Joe Sewell made an error today. The first of many. I will purge him from my league, and any foolish enough to give him comfort.

-Who can pick up a late win,
not gently caress it up?
Who can keep the Rakers just alive enough?
The Candy Man can!

Box Score

Don May posted:

FORGETTABLES SMASH LOVABLE LOSERS 7-3, FEEL BAD ABOUT IT AFTERWARDS

Chicago- It was a great victory for a team that needed it, and yet no one felt good about it afterwards.

The Lovable Losers are not doing well in the Super-League. Actually, that might be understating the problem, as they currently hold a 19-48, and their owner, ScottyJSno, has apparently disappeared into the vast metropolises of Japan. Oddly enough, he would not be the first Super-League owner to do so.

So, when the Forgettables, a middling franchise, now as ever, defeated the Lovable Losers, it wasn't a surprise to anyone, because, after all, the Lovable Losers, despite having drafted Babe Ruth, were not even using him, and Shawon Dunston, who Bill James once called the "Eternal Rookie" because of his inability to master any of the fundamentals of baseball, was still starting a shortstop.

In fairness to the Eternal Rookie, Dunston did go 2-for-4 with a double, and wasn't really the cause of the Losers defeat in this game. No, that "honor" went to Whitey Ford, who gave up five runs in seven innings, and took another loss, bringing his win-loss record on the year to 1-11. At this point, even the most diehard sabermatricians would admit that Ford's win-loss record is ominous at best. Something is clearly wrong with the left-hander, but the team has chosen to remain silent on the issue, as well as every other issue, as the entire front office of the Lovable Losers appears to have disappeared into the ether, perhaps never to be seen again. No man can say where they have gone, or when they will return, as the only message left in the offices of Wrigley Field are a single word, "TREBIZOND" carved into the hold, apparently by some sort of knife.

The Forgettables collected the win, but Gabriel Pope could not muster a lot of enthusiasm, "My god, Smasher, don't you have any soul left at all? Forcing me to butcher these poor, dumb innocents? The Lovable Losers should be put to sleep, not forced into single combat against a team like mine! But no, you made them fight, even knowing what would happen. I killed them for you, Smasher! Are you happy now? Are you happy that you've turned me into a killer? Is that what you wanted? Is it? Answer me, drat you! They just wanted to have a carefree adventure in the Super-League, and you turned it into...into this! You monster! Well, now that you've turned me into a murderer, I guess there's only person left to kill...I'm coming to get you Smasher, you and your Macho Men! And this time, there's not going to be any dynamite factory to stand in my way!"

No one was quite sure what Gabriel Pope meant by any of that, but everyone present did appreciate his passion.

GAME NOTES

-Pete Alexander got a win in his first appearance as a Forgettable, taking the edge off the fact that the Forgettables still start Fred McGriff and the remnants of ancient Kenny Lofton.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Congrats on not selling CthulhuDreams a first-round pick for nothing.

Analysis

At least the Destroyers proved the viability of Randy Johnson as a bonafide Super-League starter.

Analysis

With Clarkson, the spirit is willing, but the defense is weak.

Analysis

Still not getting a lot of separation in the playoff race.

Analysis

If only you can get healthy...

Analysis

Clearly, your team is still doomed.

Analysis

Put the real players back in now.

Analysis

Stop disappointing me!

Analysis

If only the Coburns were in another division.

Analysis

I'm not sure what you changed about your team recently, but change it back! Quick!

Analysis

But can you beat the Mercuries?

Analysis

Things have taken an unfortunate turn, but it's not quite over yet. I'm not sure why you put Bonds in CF, though.

Analysis

Huh, your team is actually hanging in there. Now you just need to break through with a good week. Next week against the W's and Barons, for example.

Analysis

Much like Zack Ryder, the Jobbers are crashing back to earth at impressive speed. #WWWYKI

Analysis

Out of last place!

Analysis

So...Ruth? Want to use him? He just might be good.

Analysis

No notes needed.

Analysis

Losing four one-run games in one week can make things seem a lot worse than they are.

Analysis

Well, I'm rooting for, but I don't think Julio Franco's got your best interests at heart.

Analysis

Playing the Lovable Losers makes anyone look like a champion.

Analysis

Back over .500 as the Spooners continue to baffle me and everyone else.

Analysis

Still in a virtual tie with the Spooners, this is probably the best team you've ever built, NotThatSamBeckett.

Analysis

Assuming you don't do anything crazy, with, which Senerio, is a 50/50 shot at best, you're going to win this division.

Analysis

The only thing that's a potential problem for you is that the Coburns are, frustratingly enough, probably the second or third best team in the league, so you'll probably be in a for a bit of a fight for the division crown.

Analysis

Good news: You split with the Landers!
Bad news: That's cause for celebration, showing just how big a gap there is between your teams at the moment.

Analysis

Even after Halladay, you still need more pitching. But hey, at least you have another draft pick!

Analysis

This kind of reminds of the races you used to have with the Sonics, where Koop would try everything he could to get by your team, and, in the end, the W's still somehow won.

I miss Koop.

Analysis

I guess your team isn't as dead as I thought, although you need to start putting together a hell of a stretch run.

Analysis

Al Kaline! The answer to all of your problems! Granted, the problem was mainly that you needed to regress to the mean a bit, and that would have happened anyway. Still, Kaline!

Analysis

You call this stewardship?

Standings

Walney Rakers: 65 points
Lombard St. Gumshoes: 62 points (1 Perfect Week)
Montreal Manatees: 61 points (1 Perfect Week)
Canton Catastrophes: 60 points
Omaha Forgettables: 60 points
South Bolton Eazy W's: 59 points
Jacksonville Jobbers: 58 points (1 Perfect Week)
Million Dollar Men: 57 points
Cancun Tornados: 56 points
Doomsday Dervishes: 56 points (1 Perfect Week)
Detroit Cougars: 56 points
Idaho Potatoes: 54 points
Coburns: 52 points
Sad Pandas: 52 points
Burma Imperialists: 49 points (1 Perfect Week)
Rockford Losers: 49 points
Chicago Bobbleheads: 48 points
Menthol Mooses: 48 points
Patagonia Postmodernists: 44 points
Robert_Deadford's Deadmen: 43 points
Ryleh Cultists: 43 points
Harvard Elites: 41 points (1 Perfect Week)
Skyhawks/Wildcats: 37 points
Barons: 35 points
Queens Mercuries: 35 points
Luna Landers: 19 points
Lovable Losers: 13 points
Web 2.0 Bloggers: 12 points
Antarctica Unspecifieds: 9 points
CERN Colliders: 7 points

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hey, it's not all bad! We had a positive week! And... hopefully Matt Williams gets better really quickly. I'll break the curse!

And I guess I wasn't going to be able to avoid the risk of injury forever.

Joe Morgan and Davis back in the lineup, re-bencing Lofton, Baerga back to the minors, and Omar back on the bench in Baerga's place. Set Start on Short Rest to -5.

And now, we pray.

Meanwhile, in Pitching: STILL A DUMPSTER FIRE.

gently caress it, my current pitching situation isn't working out, and for some reason Zombie Clemens hasn't destroyed himself yet. Roger Clemens in #3, bump Marichal and McDowell down one, put Seibert at Short Relief.

Speaking of boneheaded moves, Move Luis Tiant to long relief, let's see if Jose Mesa has some magic as Setup Man.

vvv also with Senerio's pick that means TolietofSadness and the Rockford Losers are up.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 28, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sorry it took so long. Put my prefs in but they weren't gotten to apparently. '06 Justin Verlander is slotted in at SP 4, Hurst to 5, and my current SP5 to the minors.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

AAA: Trout, McGinnity, McGraw,
MLB: Hamilton, Campanella, Hughes

Newcombe in at #5
Hughes long relief

vs RHP w/o DH
CF Speaker
LF Williams
RF Snider
SS Banks
1B Stargell
C Steve
2B Stephenson
3B Robinson

vs LHP w/o DH
LF Kelley
C Steve
SS Banks
RF Williams
1B Hodges
CF Speaker
3B Cronin
2B Robinson

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

My team is picking a poor time to break down.

Put the 90 rated Stan Musial in LF, and the 96/97 rated one in RF I might have to recall Williams soon.
Platoon Arky Vaughn and Robin Yount because gently caress.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.
Put Bad Vlad Guerrero in RF for a week to give Walker a break. I'll figure out what to do with Martinez and Rodriguez later.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Smasher Dynamo posted:

You call this stewardship?

I'm trying my best :saddowns:

Replace Cutch and Freehan with Bonds and Fisk respectively. Put Bonds in the number 3 spot but I'll leave the choice of leadoff hitter up to you because frankly I have no idea.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

I find it funny that the Spooners are always four or five games under their Pythag despite already being surprising with their .500+ actual record.

Swap Cole Hamels and Roy Oswalt, making Hamels the fifth starter and Oswalt the middle reliever.

(I just noticed, MAN did Biggio get hit with some major ratings damage there! That's not good for my already precarious 2B issue.)

UZworm fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 28, 2013

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Ah what the hell? Pitching explosions galore!

Goose Gossage to Closer, Putz to Setup, Old Man Spahn to 2nd SR, Frank Linzy to 1st SR, Bill Henry to AAA, Bobby Bolin to Middle Relief, Tommy Bridges to #5 starter, Schoolboy Rowe to AAA, Rube Marquard to Long Relief.

Here's how it should look in Mogul:

Mathewson
Hubbell
Perry
Peavy
Bridges

Gossage
Putz
Linzy
Spahn
Bolin
Marquard

Henry
Rowe
Benton

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Whitaker, Olerud, Delahanty and Rolen return to their original, pre-rest, positions.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Pitching fell off a bit, but against the Landers I guess you could expect it. Took two of three from the W's, who were resting guys, but on the other hand, they were still likely the better team even with the tired players out of the lineup. Hope we can close out June strong. I really need a spark in the lineup, but I also needed to take care of Santana. I gotta ask the Coburns how they are getting respectable performances from Blyleven!

vs. lefties w/ DH

1. 2B Rod Carew
2. CF Ken Griffey Jr.
3. LF Gary Sheffield
4. RF Mel Ott
5. 1B Harmon Killebrew
6. DH Frank Howard
7. C Chris Hoiles
8. SS Snuffy Stirnweiss
9. 3B David Wright

vs. righties w/ DH

1. 2B Rod Carew
2. RF Tony Oliva
3. LF Gary Sheffield
4. CF Mel Ott
5. DH Harmon Killebrew
6. 1B Rafael Palmeiro
7. 3B David Wright
8. C Darrell Porter
9. SS Cal Ripken Jr.

On second thought, maybe it wouldn't be the best of ideas to bump speed related sliders(I miss Reyes more than you would ever know, Smasher!). I do need to change a few sliders though!

Hit and Run: 0
Pitching Around Good Hitters: +1
Letting pitchers pitch through trouble: 0

Armitage fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 28, 2013

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

I feel like I spent the middle months of SLVII saying "Hey, at least the pythag's still comfortably over .500, it could still turn around" too. I expect this version to end in much the same fashion.

Bring up Kaline and Pratt for Downing and DeCinces. Also, swap Lee and Brown's places in the rotation. Thanks, Smasher.

New lineups:

vs RHP:

DH Cobb
2B Collins
LF Simmons
1B Foxx
CF Mays
RF Kaline
SS Garciaparra
C Cochrane
3B Dykes

vs LHP:

DH Cobb
2B Collins
1B Foxx
CF Mays
LF Kaline
RF Furillo
C Cochrane
SS Pratt
3B Dykes

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Pick 'em when they're down!

Cancun Tornados @ Antarctica Unspecifieds

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaad Pandas @ Canton Catastrophes

Idaho Potatoes @ Barons

Oneida Mighty Spooners @ Million Dollar Men

Finger Lakes Phoenixes (c) @ Queens Mercuries

CERN Colliders @ Burma Imperialists (c)

Coburns (c) @ Omaha Forgettables

Oh, and ToiletofSadness, I just wanted you to know in advance that this is not April Fool's Day, and that the incoming injury report is very, very real. So, uh, try and do something fun today to counteract the apocalyptic nightmare that draws e'er nearer for the Rockford Losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Pick 'em when they're down!

Cancun Tornados @ Antarctica Unspecifieds

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaad Pandas @ Canton Catastrophes

Idaho Potatoes @ Barons

Oneida Mighty Spooners @ Million Dollar Men

Finger Lakes Phoenixes (c) @ Queens Mercuries