Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Brimmy posted:

I feel like I'll lose gooncred for asking but are we all supposed to know who this is?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75218.0

A 17-year old girl modeling for BitCoins, inspired by a known pedophile. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
the darkest timeline.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

THE LUMMOX posted:

the darkest timeline.

As an investor, you are party to this crime.

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
I'm sure that there are some partying goons in this thread so I hope that you'll be able to help me! I'll be travelling to Korea soon and I'm in charge of planning the clubbing activities for our group on Fridays and Saturdays. I've been googling around for some classy clubs to go to, and I've come up with Club Ellui, Octagon, Answer and 88 as being the 'must-go' clubs. We're pretty set on going to town at Gangnam because we're dumb tourists that like PSY. Including myself, my group has two girls aged 21/25 and a guy that is 25.

Would we be able to get into clubs if we started early at 10PM? I know in Melbourne where I live that some clubs are extremely harsh on groups that aren't all-girls and will simply refuse entry to groups that don't have a positive ratio. I also heard that table service is sometimes forced on you otherwise you'll get rejected? How many clubs should I have in mind before we set out to get rejected by all of them?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tiara posted:

I'm sure that there are some partying goons in this thread so I hope that you'll be able to help me! I'll be travelling to Korea soon and I'm in charge of planning the clubbing activities for our group on Fridays and Saturdays. I've been googling around for some classy clubs to go to, and I've come up with Club Ellui, Octagon, Answer and 88 as being the 'must-go' clubs. We're pretty set on going to town at Gangnam because we're dumb tourists that like PSY. Including myself, my group has two girls aged 21/25 and a guy that is 25.

Would we be able to get into clubs if we started early at 10PM? I know in Melbourne where I live that some clubs are extremely harsh on groups that aren't all-girls and will simply refuse entry to groups that don't have a positive ratio. I also heard that table service is sometimes forced on you otherwise you'll get rejected? How many clubs should I have in mind before we set out to get rejected by all of them?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460687&pagenumber=8#post399853036

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
Is Aeglus still active on SA and in the club promoting scene so I can contact him? I'm mainly looking for an answer as to whether I'm going to be rejected at the door for not spending $300 on a table when it's just for three people. I really do want to get into the bigger clubs that have a 'strict guestlist' as he mentions, and I don't know whether I should just squash my hopes before I go and line up in the cold. :(

But thanks for linking that post, I didn't realise that the OP had cut out some stuff from the original post!

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)

Tiara posted:

Is Aeglus still active on SA and in the club promoting scene so I can contact him? I'm mainly looking for an answer as to whether I'm going to be rejected at the door for not spending $300 on a table when it's just for three people. I really do want to get into the bigger clubs that have a 'strict guestlist' as he mentions, and I don't know whether I should just squash my hopes before I go and line up in the cold. :(

But thanks for linking that post, I didn't realise that the OP had cut out some stuff from the original post!

To my knowledge, as long as you are dressed not like a slob and are paying they don't really care too much. There are some places that don't allow foreigners, but the ones that Aeglus works with are all cool. Hell if you wanted to you could message him to get on the guestlist and get in for free, or facebook friend the club, or ask him to get you table service that suits what you want. If you just want to pay to go in I would be really surprised if they stopped you and you were dressed appropriately and not trashy drunk.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Whatever happened to him anyway? I feel like he hasn't been around in forever.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

On weekends the worst you'd run into is a line and they usually move pretty fast if you're just looking for dance floor access.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You can also get the "Clubmix" app for most smartphones and sometimes there will be some special deals or free entry to some places. It can be useful sometimes.

Brimmy
Jan 13, 2006

"Never gonna give it up, Adrian."

Jeoh posted:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75218.0

A 17-year old girl modeling for BitCoins, inspired by a known pedophile. Good stuff.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I'm not clicking that. I knew I shouldn't have asked.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

E_P posted:

Can one of yall link me a good bike to buy on gmarket; I don't know nothin about bikes except that I need one because it is taking to long for me to get to school in the morning. Please make it under 100 bucks though if you are willing to help my soft noob rear end.

For under a hundred it doesn't really matter, if you're buying new. They're all going to be kind of crummy. Just make sure it's your size and looks cool I guess.

I'd recommend looking for something used though. In the states it would be fairly easy to get a vintage frame that would be a little heavy but still good and sturdy for your price. It's probably a bit more difficult here, but you'll still do better than what's on gmarket at that budget.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Tiara posted:

I tend to lurk more on SA than post and this is the first time I've checked this thread since it became the new one. I'm pretty busy since I'm out all night every Thurs/Fri/Sat and am managing way more than I care to at the moment.

If you have kakaotalk my username is the same as forums here. Otherwise PM me or add me on FB (also shouldn't be too hard to figure out). A lot of info is out of date. If you're getting a table, there basically is no dress code other than no sandals/shorts (even that is debatable) and the amount of people doesn't matter as long as it isn't too many. If you come at 10PM you will have very little trouble; no one comes that early. The closer to 12 it is the more staff wants to tell you to gently caress off if you're holding things up. Either way, happy to help with either free entry or VIP. Have helped more than a few out of town lurkers.

Places you definitely should go to (and I happen to work indirectly with all of them):
-Answer (still probably the best layout of all the clubs but not usually having anything outside of top local electro DJs)
-Ellui (Biggest club as far as dance space goes, tends to be tamer music but brings international DJs such as Gareth Emery next month)
-Octagon (Basically will be the top ranked Korean club and possibly will be pretty highly ranked; most expensive but brings international DJs often)

If you like the underground scene more, I guess Cakeshop is good. It has free popcorn anyway but the attitude is very much "I'm more underground than you so I can be an elitist about it".

Zedd is coming April 6th to Walkerhill Theater and I can help with VIP for that if it's still available (probably not).

Despite working with them before and some of the owners being nice, I'm not a fan of 88. Crowd feels strange.

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012
Man I'm glad the only music I listen to can be easily enjoyed in affordable bars with no door cover that are not in Gangnam.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
If you're paying cover you're doing it wrong. But yeah even I prefer small venues and stuff not popular here.

I think the most fun I've had in Gangnam clubs is shooting straws at bartenders and photo bombing people with way too much plastic surgery.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

aeglus posted:

If you're paying cover you're doing it wrong. But yeah even I prefer small venues and stuff not popular here.

I think the most fun I've had in Gangnam clubs is shooting straws at bartenders and photo bombing people with way too much plastic surgery.
Commonly known as sending Koreans to the own zone. Lemme get in on that selca!!

guri
Jun 14, 2001
Had the pleasure of watching a Western guy flip out at the immigration office this afternoon. Yelling about the outrage of waiting 2 hours (which was sounding pretty good to me...) and demanding the great Korean service he has heard so much about. The best was when he threw his documents over the window onto the staff's counter in an attempt to get helped before the person currently sitting at the counter. The staff immediately just threw them over their shoulder which I thought was pretty impressive. Unfortunately it seems he eventually got what he wanted.

As for me, while I got the attendance stuff cleared up with Sogang, after dealing with 출입국관리사무소 nonsense for well over two hours, was told that it is too early to extend my student visa. Not that I had high hopes they would let me do it two months in advance, but it sure would have been nice. Off to Japan next week.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

guri posted:

Yelling about the outrage of waiting 2 hours (which was sounding pretty good to me...)

Make an appointment online, there's no reason for immigration to take more than like 10 minutes.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Brimmy posted:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I'm not clicking that. I knew I shouldn't have asked.

If you really want to know, Matthew N. Wright himself is back and in the Bitcoin thread under the name Dog Soup.

Dog Soup
Dec 26, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Bible posted:

If you really want to know, Matthew N. Wright himself is back and in the Bitcoin thread under the name Dog Soup.

If you want to figure out if it's her or not, just ask her directly. She does use email last time I checked.

Dog Soup fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 26, 2013

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hey Matt, who is the Peruvian photographer guy? Because I never see anything about him in any of your posts and stuff. Does he have a portfolio or something besides the bitcoin models?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Nooooo don't get banned! I need a new motorcycle http://seoul.craigslist.co.kr/mcy/3698110466.html and wanted to pay in cosbycoins!

Apparently he's leaving Korea in the winter, godspeed our pedo prince.

nullscan fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 27, 2013

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
We need to have a Seoul goon-meet this summer and hash this whole thing out with the Bitcoin guy.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

EasternBronze posted:

We need to have a Seoul goon-meet this summer and hash this whole thing out with the Bitcoin guy.

Seoul "goonmeets" happen like every week. Are you in the Kakao group chat? If not post your ID (make sure its searchable in the prefs).

nullscan
May 28, 2004

THE LUMMOX posted:

Seoul "goonmeets" happen like every week. Are you in the Kakao group chat? If not post your ID (make sure its searchable in the prefs).

"Goonmeets" more like "drunkmeats"

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
I guess thats one of the advantages of having most of the country in one city. Eventually I'll get Kakao for my computer but I'm still in China until June so I got some time for that.

Brimmy
Jan 13, 2006

"Never gonna give it up, Adrian."
I should probably join the goon chat on Kakao I guess seeing as now most of my friends have left the country and all my group chats have stopped.

How weird are you all on it?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Brimmy posted:

How weird are you all on it?

It's all dick pics, all the time.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's somehow both less weird than you'd think and exactly as weird as you'd think.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

It kind of rotates between pictures of everyone's lunch, talking about cute or frustrating students, and complaining about hangovers.

Spills the Moon
Aug 20, 2008
I've got a request that I'm hoping some of you here might be able to help me with.
My dad and step mom might be coming to Korea this summer, and my dad wants me to find a site where he can book hotels and search about the best places to go in Korea. The reason I don't know of anything like that is because most of my travels have been done on recommendations and out of guide books, and I've always just trusted to the fates that I'd be able to find someplace to sleep of a night. My dad, on the other hand, much prefers to have a watertight itinerary where every stop and hotel is booked months in advance. Any websites I can guide him to?

Also, does anyone know any particularly impressive place that most people may not know of? I've got all the basics set in my head, like Seoul, Jeju, Seoraksan, and Gyeongju. Also has anyone ever tried a temple stay? That sort of thing seems like it would be right up my step mom's alley.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Fear Mexichat. (Well any food chat)

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Spills the Moon posted:

I've got a request that I'm hoping some of you here might be able to help me with.
My dad and step mom might be coming to Korea this summer, and my dad wants me to find a site where he can book hotels and search about the best places to go in Korea. The reason I don't know of anything like that is because most of my travels have been done on recommendations and out of guide books, and I've always just trusted to the fates that I'd be able to find someplace to sleep of a night. My dad, on the other hand, much prefers to have a watertight itinerary where every stop and hotel is booked months in advance. Any websites I can guide him to?

The KTO website? It's pretty good. http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto
WikiTravel also has good info on Korea.

Maxsmart posted:

Fear Mexichat. (Well any food chat)

Fear any chat related to digestion, really.

nervana
Dec 9, 2010
i also want to meet the motivational speaker dude from last year

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Agoda's great for hotels.

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012

Spills the Moon posted:

Also, does anyone know any particularly impressive place that most people may not know of? I've got all the basics set in my head, like Seoul, Jeju, Seoraksan, and Gyeongju. Also has anyone ever tried a temple stay? That sort of thing seems like it would be right up my step mom's alley.

Well my parents came to visit last summer and I kept them on a pretty airtight itinerary. Here are a few recommendations:

-Look through the Sejong Center website. It has a lot of listings for cultural events all over the place at its affiliates, like Samcheonggak and Namsan Hanok Village. We saw the Jami lunch program and it was impressive.
http://www.sejongpac.or.kr/eng/main/main.asp

-Templestays aren't my thing, but there's also an interesting Hanokstay program that sounds a lot more comfortable.
http://homestay.jongno.go.kr/homestay/open_content/intro.html

-Take them to a baseball or soccer game. Soccer's more of a real sport, but baseball has a lot more enthusiastic fans that have to be seen to be believed.

-It's always good to check out a Nanta performance.
http://nanta.i-pmc.co.kr/nanta/Main.aspx

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Have went drinking/clubbing with Grrrr... and we're totally facebook friends now. Life mission complete.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
What's a reasonable contract for a smart phone? I was quoted about 70,000 a month for a Galaxy Grand and a wee bit more for an LG something or other which seemed a little nicer. She was pushing me hard to go for a 2 year contract, which was cheaper, but I honestly don't know if I'll be here for two years and assume breaking a contract is expensive.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Not really, from what I can tell, it is incredibly easy to have someone else take over your contract if you leave early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah, transferring the contract is easy. People do it all the time.

• Locked thread