Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I would frame a print like that and put it on the wall in my office. Tom, sell that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Man I know these aren't as much effort as the actual comic and that Tom is probably having a lot more fun letting himself free to use different art styles for these but it really doesn't feel like he's actually taking a vacation.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
As much fun as reading the next story will be, I'm sad we only have two more days of this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well we still have two more chances at seeing what Jonesy can do! (it will just be a perfect circle)

I guess we'll also get a Parley/Smitty collaborative City Face.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I like that this break shows off not just how the various charaters draw and write, but also what they consider a comic to be. Annie and Kat did little four-panel stories, Renard did a political cartoon, Mort a series of riddle jokes, Gamma and Blue going for something more artistic. The variety is nice.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Blackheart posted:

Well we still have two more chances at seeing what Jonesy can do! (it will just be a perfect circle)

Nah, that comic would just be us seeing the cast's faces of awe, horror, bliss, and consternation as they look at what Jones made.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Zimmy/Gamma's page was great but today's City Face is the best one yet, I love the style it's drawn in.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

If Jones tried to draw a pigeon she'd just end up with something so photorealistic it would look like an actual photograph.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

YF-23 posted:

If Jones tried to draw a pigeon she'd just end up with something so photorealistic it would look like an actual photograph.

Well, you're in luck, as it just so happens that tomorrows comic was leaked, and it is indeed Jones' turn to draw.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Blackheart posted:

I guess we'll also get a Parley/Smitty collaborative City Face.

They'll just teleport an actual pidgeon onto the scanner while nobody's looking.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Wrist Watch posted:

They'll just teleport an actual pidgeon onto the scanner while nobody's looking.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? Man, those two...

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Poor Laundry List, we hardly knew thee.

Also, there's only one more day left. Parley and/or Smitty, Jones, or someone else? Someone we don't expect? :tinfoil:

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

Headmaster? Can one dream? Also, how would you draw a slumped pigeon?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
A tragic rise and fall of one of theatre's greats.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Renard's getting really into this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fecha posted:

Renard's getting really into this.

His true calling as a political cartoonist is unveiled.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Just like Tom to introduce a new character then kill them off in a single panel <:mad:>

Av sized:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So, I was trying to illustrate myself on this new, tragic character and I did a google search:

Poor Laundry List can't even burp, who knew.

vvv You know, the best thing about that avatar is that it makes everything written next to it look sarcastic vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 28, 2013

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Can't wait to hear Laundry List's origin story.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It may not be the popular opinion but I personally feel the questions regarding Laundry List's involvement in the mysterious disappearance of piscine superstar Air Tunnel were never fully resolved. Frankly, Laundry got what was coming to him. :colbert:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You know I'd always heard rumors that Laundry List had a pretty serious problem stemming from PCP abuse, but I'd always just dismissed it as the standard tabloid garbage. I guess you never really know.

Anoia posted:

Speaking as someone from North Carolina, I'd also appreciate if the media never represented us as uneducated hicks ever again. People from South Carolina, however, are still fair game.

:argh: I'll not suffer this indignation at the hands of blasted tar heel! I challenge you to a duel sirrah! :wotwot:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Speaking of tar heels...

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
...I have that exact plate/bowl set.

In fact, if you're in England, I'm 90% sure you have or at least have seen them. I don't think there's an elderly person's home without that exact dining set.

Edit: Mine doesn't have ink, though. Toast, yes. Ink? No.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
What poor animal did you tie down and force into ink to make this photo, Tom? :colbert:

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Hotwire posted:

Funny, that was my first thought as well.

What you can't see is behind the camera there are feathers everywhere, the shocking aftermath of a battle royale pigeon showdown for who gets to be a part of Gunnerkrigg Court.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Hotwire posted:

In fact, if you're in England, I'm 90% sure you have or at least have seen them. I don't think there's an elderly person's home without that exact dining set.

Edit: Mine doesn't have ink, though. Toast, yes. Ink? No.

Me too, just the one plate though. :v:

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

For this page I made two pigeon feet out of wire and blu-tack and walked them across the page in front of the Birmingham museum.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Tea-san posted:

For this page I made two pigeon feet out of wire and blu-tack and walked them across the page in front of the Birmingham museum.

Well now the illusion is just SHATTERED.

Thanks

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Still want to see more of Renard's work/scathing commentary on humans.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I'm bummed we didn't see a Jones page, but I can't argue with how appropriate this ending is.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

RickoniX posted:

Well now the illusion is just SHATTERED.

Thanks

At least no pigeons were harmed making the comic? Not sure if that's a plus or a minus really. Actually the idea of Tom waiting outside with this setup and maybe some bread crumbs just waiting for the little flying rats to land and walk through the ink and the paper is highly amusing. The fact that didn't happen is sorta a letdown.

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'm bummed we didn't see a Jones page, but I can't argue with how appropriate this ending is.

I agree completely.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Brightman posted:

At least no pigeons were harmed making the comic? Not sure if that's a plus or a minus really.
Have we learned nothing from the trials of City Face? Respect our columbidaean cousins.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tea-san posted:

:qq: M...my immersion :qq:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Blackheart posted:

:qq: M...my immersion :qq:

Next he's gonna tell us that that Lindsey drawing wasn't done by a real giant prehistoric crustacean :mad:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Still want to see more of Renard's work/scathing commentary on humans.

He probably posts in GBS

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fellis posted:

He probably posts in GBS

Would that make Coyote FYAD?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fucknag posted:

Would that make Coyote FYAD?

No, Coyote is funny and entertaining.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Just a few days until the next chapter!

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Parts Kit posted:

Hot drat this is amazing.

I'm excited for the next storyline, but I really enjoyed this interlude. It must have been fun playing around with all these different art styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Parts Kit posted:

Man, this would be a fantastic custom title even without being a Gunnerkrigg Avatar.