Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I just got my 5th box and they are already starting to send me repeats on my 6th box. My first box had the Toffee Apples and Omega Booster seeds, which I put both at LIKE. Now my 6th box has both of those. I'm kind of not too happy about that because I want to try more things. I even have my settings set to go with more TRY than anything else.

WAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yep, box 6 and I have my first repeat. But it's florentine so I can't really complain since it's marked as a love.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

LTBS posted:

I just got my 5th box and they are already starting to send me repeats on my 6th box. My first box had the Toffee Apples and Omega Booster seeds, which I put both at LIKE. Now my 6th box has both of those. I'm kind of not too happy about that because I want to try more things. I even have my settings set to go with more TRY than anything else.

WAH

I only do "try" and "trash" because anything above that you run the risk of repeating more.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

That's what I'm going to start doing now. Though, I think some of the ones that I really like might get moved up to Like anyway. I don't mind repeats, just didn't think they would start this early.

Praelin
Jun 29, 2003

If anyone would be so kind as to PM me a code, I would be much obliged.

notmandatory
May 18, 2006
I have only tried Banoffee Pie and Honeycomb Crunch so far. Banoffee Pie was good, but I felt like the individual ingredients were better than the whole mix together. Honeycomb crunch was awesome; it was delicious with all the flavors mixed together, but I also saved a few honeycomb bits for last because they were so good.

Next week I will get Wee Bonny Oatbakes. I am looking forward to trying them, they seem to be the most controversial offering!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Box #4! This is more fun than it ought to be.

Super Fruity Tangtastic: I could have used a bit more tang, honestly. The green mango is tangy but really, really sweet, maybe overpoweringly so. The cherry-infused raisins aren't quite as interesting or flavorful as the orange-infused.

Summer Berry Flapjack: Yummy, but it has surprisingly little berry flavor. I definitely enjoyed the apple & cinnamon flapjack more.

Olive & Rosemary Bruschetta: Ehhh, I had this one as a Trash to begin with and should've gone with my first instinct. Too salty, and too similar to "pizza"-flavored snacks. The cashews were really nice, though, as cashews tend to be.

Poached Pear w/ Vanilla: Okay, this is weird. Do you remember that '90s kid cereal Hidden Treasures? This tastes just like that. The lemon raisins are I guess my second-favorite of the flavored raisins I've had so far, and the pear itself doesn't have much of a flavor other than "sweet," but the vanilla pumpkin seeds are wonderful. Sweet, toasty, and sticky, with a tendency to accumulate in little clusters. The mix as a whole isn't great, but I would highly recommend getting the vanilla pumpkin seeds by themselves. In fact, that's the first thing I'm marking as a "love" to ensure I get them.

My rankings of what I've had so far:
1. Smoky Gazpacho Dip (love)
2. Eton Mess (love)
3. Summer Berry Compote (love)
4. Apple and Cinnamon Flapjack (love)
5. Garden of England (like)
6. Marvelous Macaroon (like)
7. Summer Berry Flapjack (like)
8. Cheddar Gorge (try)
9. El Picante (try)
10. Pure Vitality (try)
11. Jaffa Cake (try)
12. Poached Pear w/ Vanilla (try)
13. Super Fruity Tangtastic (try)
14. Very Nori-sh (try)
15. Olive & Rosemary Bruschetta (trash)
16. Cookies & Cream (trash)

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 30, 2013

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
This seems like a fantastic idea. If anybody has a code floating around, I'd be much obliged if you could PM it to me. I'll be sure to post a code I get in return.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Box #2 - a few days late but again we are dealing with the US Postal Service here and it is being delivered to work and probably spends days floating around somewhere before they figure out what box to deliver it to.

Summer Berry Flapjack - like Rollersnake's previous comment, it is yummy. I find it to be chewy and sweet which I think is the cranberries which bring that out in it but I am no berry expert. I cannot see another ingredient listed that would make it that sweet though? Verdict - Love It

Cheddar Gorge - I like the cheese cashews and corn crackers, the salsa corn sticks I wanted to like.. some were tasty but others were a little stale making them hit or miss. Verdict - Like It

I have yet to try these two, I will visit them later as a snack and post back my thoughts on it but looking at the After Dinner Mint I am anxious as I love anything chocolate so the bar is set high on this one.

Toffee Apple -

After Dinner Mint -

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I am a kind and responsible young man who would like to get food boxes from the internet. If you send me a code by PM or to my email I will say a prayer for you and your loved ones every night for a whole week. I will also share the code that I receive. Later on I will say opinions about my food boxes after I eat them so other people can read my ideas.

My email is johnquincyadams at gmail

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
I had almost written off my third box, until it suddenly arrived alongside box #4! Woo!

Jaffa Cake: Dark chocolate, orange-infused raisins, and hazelnuts. Sweet, more of those lovely orange raisins! And there's a lot of them in this mix. The dark chocolate is pretty good as usual, and the hazelnuts, while bland on their own, provide a mild, nutty flavor that complements one or both of the other ingredients nicely. I'm leaving this one at Like.

Veggie Sushi Plate: Wasabi peas, nori rice crackers, and ginger peanuts. The big surprise here was the ginger peanuts - the two flavors, with the ginger surprisingly fresh-tasting, combine in a way that's evocative of a good pad thai. The sole disappointment? The peas. While pleasantly sweet and crunchy, they taste like they might have glanced at a wasabi root sometime in the distant past. Maybe. I've had much better from local Asian markets. Oh, and the rice crackers were surprisingly good - these guys can do things with rice crackers that I never thought possible! Overall, a solid Like for those awesome peanuts alone.

Summer Berry Compote: This was like a mini dessert! The little trough of compote tasted mostly of raspberries - which is fine by me - and the shortbread dippers were surprisingly buttery. Whoever said that the dippers were the best was right all the way. Love!

Pina Colada: Dried mango, pineapple, and coconut. If it weren't for the coconut then this would be a solid Like, but those dry, cardboardy, mostly tasteless flakes just ruined it for me. Which is a shame, because the mango and pineapple are both delicious, like something akin to chewy, tropical candy. I hate to do it, but this one's going in the Trash.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Weird, I have found the coconut flakes to be good albeit annoying to eat because they are tiny.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
If you go into this with the mindset that they are small portions of deliciousness that leave you yearning for more but keeping you from gorging like pigs if you had your way.. this all makes sense because trust me larger portions would be devoured and the whole purpose behind this would be lost. Give me a ten dollar box and thirty minutes later I am complaining that I ate the whole thing and now I am rear end out.

trinity3infinity
Jul 25, 2007
I've had a couple boxes so far. Here's what I've had:

Dark Rocky Road: one of my favorite mixes so far. Pecans, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate. Perfect snack mix for me.
Mumbai Masala: A mix of baked curry bites, spicy chick peas and masala cashews. I liked the cashews the most out of this mix, but the curry bites were only ok.
Tutti Frutti: blueberry infused cranberries, pineapple, cherry infused raisins and green raisins. I'm not a big fan of raisins generally, but I really did like the cherry flavored ones. The pineapple was a bit on the chewy side.
Apple and cinnamon flapjack: Flapjacks were great. I wish I could have a whole box of just these.

Mango Lassi: yogurt coated peanuts, pumpkin seeds and mango. The peanuts and mango was great. Pumpkin seeds I'm not sure sure about in this mix. It just seemed like filler and I normally like pumpkin seeds, but they were plain with no seasoning.
Korean chili rice crackers: These were actually spicy. It was a pleasant surprise.
Hot Cross Yum: sponge pieces, cinnamon and honey almonds and orange infused raisins. The sponge pieces were odd, but not a deal breaker for me. The almonds and orange raisins were good.
Hickory smoked nuts and seeds: smoked almonds, smoked cashews, roasted pumpkin and roasted sunflower seeds. I liked the choice of nuts, but the hickory flavoring was a bit too strong for me.

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.
Would be very interested in a code if anyone has one they could PM to me. This is a pretty neat idea.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I grabbed box 4 from my mailbox on the way to work today. It provided a very filling and nutritious lunch. Considering that my lunch is usually akin to a scoop of ice cream sandwiched between two cookies...

Summer berry compote: Easily the best thing I've had yet. I love pretty much anything raspberry, and this was the perfect thing. I'd happily eat this forever. The shortbread crackers had that perfect 'whole grain' flavor to them. Love love love!

Cheddar gorge: Also a quick love. This, I imagine, is the healthy, tasty version of Cheetos. I wasn't expecting much, but the cashews were great, and the corn sticks added an amazing crunch. The herb crackers were surprisingly strong, but they easily earned a spot on my love list.

Smoky gazpacho dip: This was very good. The wholemeal bread had just the right flavor to compliment the relish. It's definitely something I'd be happy to have again, but it wasn't particularly 'memorable.' I'm moving this to like.

Jaffa cake: I had the same problem here that kept Florentine out of the love category. It really depends on the chocolate buttons to unite the raisin's flavor and the hazelnut texture, and if you run out before you devour the other bits, it just kinda falls apart. Furthermore, to get the really good flavor, you need to take it in fist fulls, rather than picking at it like you can do with the others. I'm going to be less forgiving here and trash it.

They need something between Like and Trash. Try is great until you actually get the item. After that, I want to move it into a 'rated' category. Even something as trite as "Meh" would serve nicely as a 'send rarely' category.

Howling Bells
May 10, 2007

Dear Pat Monaghan and that other guy,

We believe 'Hey Soul Sister' to be a ponderous and heartless money grab. You should be ashamed. It's not enough that you used the I-V-VI-IV chord progression, Beato, but you do it on a ukulele? It sounds like a Vonage commercial. Stop the Train!
This looks fantastic. If someone has a spare code to hand out, I would really appreciate one. PM me, and I'll be sure to pay it forward.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
As a reminder to any fellow newbs, don't be like me and have PMs turned off in your profile. :ohdear:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
OK, just got my 3rd box and it has 2 repeats. WTF guys?

Mango Chutney
Hot Cross Yum
Fruit & Seed Flapjack (first repeat)
Black Pepper Pistachios (second repeat)

At least these repeats are loving delicious.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Does anyone happen to have a spare code they can PM me? I'd love to get in on this, if only to have a bit more variety in the snacks I have available each week.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Honeycomb Flapjack
Trip report: Saw Jesus.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
A spare code would be appreciated, I somehow never heard of this! Thanks!

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Box 2:

My Thai: This wasn't too bad; the sweet chile sauce is a bit spicier than usual, but it's nothing you can't get at a grocery store for $2. I did like the texture on the soy bites, though. (Like)

Salt & Vinegar Nut Selection: This one is okay as your general nut mix, but I wish it was just salted instead of vinegar-ed; I hate that taste. (Trash)

Florentine: This one was fine; I love the Belgian chocolate buttons, and the pumpkin seeds/Craisins are all right, but the mix seems a little uneven. (Like)

Hot Cross Yum: I really liked this one; the sponge pieces, orange-infused raisins and honey almonds combine really well to create an interesting mix of flavors. I'd eat this one again. (Love)

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I would love a code too, please! PM or e-mail to username@live.com (I thank you in advance)!

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
I finally received Bonnie wee oatbakes and I was absolutely terrified to open it due to reviews. After manning up and only having 1 box left to eat :( i opened it and........I liked it. The initial smell was gross, onions, gross. Initial tasting? ...weird. Youd expect something fruity in that kinda texture but it was ONIONY.. but the best thing about it was how those crackers worked with the marmalade. I would not eat either by itself since they are 'meh' but together, they taste pretty darn good.

edit: just went back to look at some reviews..and pretty much, its like eating caramelized onions..as a dip. Just very weird.

I also wonder why the hell we dont have flapjacks. Just dry lame granola MURICAbars. flapjacks 24/7 jesus

Malalol fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 31, 2013

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm still lookin for a code if anyone gets/has a spare. I have yet to find one in my searches elsewhere. Well, I found one UK code that won't work for US. I have PM's, or lucashoal @ gmail

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e - accidental double post MY BAD

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Malalol posted:

I also wonder why the hell we dont have flapjacks. Just dry lame granola MURICAbars. flapjacks 24/7 jesus

I am not sure why they insist on making the dry, hard lovely granola either. The chewy poo poo they sell is awful and I cannot bare to eat it. They are utter poo poo. Bring on the flapjacks!!

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Box 3:

Bonnie wee oatbakes: Lovely onion taste; the wrapper in the trash makes my desk area smell like onions. Oatbakes have a bit more dry/cardboard texture than they should, but it's still enjoyable. (try)

Chocolate orange granola: Thoroughly mediocre granola that brought back memories of what granola was like when it was made only by hippies. Most memorable aspect was sticking in my teeth. (trash)

Apple and cinnamon flapjack: Moist, rich, granola bar. Apple cinnamon flavor not that hot, but I can't wait for the other flapjack flavors. Left at try, but moved all the other flapjacks to Love.

Bounty hunter: Passable, but the coconut needs more to bring itself out. I wanted to trash it but it limped out of the bin. (try)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I got two boxes today, thanks USPS.

Black Pepper Pistachios were okay. (trash)
Eton Mess was delicious. The little meringues are really sweet and the blackcurrants are very tart. It's really impressive how much depth you can pack into a handful of nuts and berries. (like)

cementsocks
Jun 28, 2007
Zombies, Zombies, Zombies
If anyone still has a code available, please send to my forums name at gmail dot com!

Thanks!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Box shipped 3/14. Nada.

d00kie
Feb 22, 2003

You must have been the Dance Commander.. giving out the orders for fun.
Likewise... if anyone has a code, please send it to evolve555 at hotmail dot com.
Thanks!

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

Well you're just going to have to get over that.
Second box got here the other day, and although I've only tried three of the snacks, I had to share.

Summerberry Flapjacks were really good. Kind of tasted like a jazzed up Nutrigrain bar. Love.

Hot Cross Yum absolutely delicious. Ate it way too quickly. Love.

Bonnie Wee Oatbakes were DISGUSTING, but my boyfriend said he wanted to eat them everyday from here on out. So, ymmv. Putting it down as love for him.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

nm posted:

Box shipped 3/14. Nada.

It took a while for my second box to get here.. it looked like USPS beat it up too the edges were torn. I would still contact Graze and let them know although two days after I emailed them it arrived.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've now trashed more than half the snacks from experience and speculation. I think I'll probably end up with around 25 keepers.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Hoooly poo poo Mango Chutney so good. Probably the best out of the boxes I've had so far.

LikeFunOnlyBoring
Sep 3, 2008
This sounds awesome. I know I'm pretty late to the party, but if there's any chance I could get a code, that'd be great! Please send it to legend_224@lycos.com

Thanks!

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

https://www.graze.com/uk/breakfast

any other UK GOONS seen this yet?

Looks like 4 instant porridges (oatmeals) basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Schiavona posted:

Hoooly poo poo Mango Chutney so good. Probably the best out of the boxes I've had so far.

I just had this and holy poo poo you are right. I'm not a huge chutney fan, but drat if that wasn't some good poo poo.

• Locked thread