Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlexMoron
Jul 28, 2007
Attention all of you who are having problems with the latest update! After some intense searching for my girlfriend who had this problem, I found the solution!

Press and hold L+R+Up+A while powering on the system. It'll take you straight to System Update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pretty tempted to pick up Harmoknight after playing the demo. The regular levels kinda remind me of Bit Trip Runner, and the air level was basically Space Channel 5. Has anyone here bought it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Ubisoft has finally released a patch for ZombiU, should be up on the Wii U eShop now. No patch notes just yet, I'll post 'em when they come in.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

KimT posted:

Pretty tempted to pick up Harmoknight after playing the demo. The regular levels kinda remind me of Bit Trip Runner, and the air level was basically Space Channel 5. Has anyone here bought it?

It isn't out yet. HarmoKnight comes out on March 28. I'd buy it, but I just got Pokιmon Mystery Dungeon on Sunday and I'm still quite busy with that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Laser Spider posted:

It isn't out yet. HarmoKnight comes out on March 28. I'd buy it, but I just got Pokιmon Mystery Dungeon on Sunday and I'm still quite busy with that.

They're probably asking on the off chance someone has played through the Japanese version. :v:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh, my bad. Did not realise it wasn't out yet.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ubisoft has finally released a patch for ZombiU, should be up on the Wii U eShop now. No patch notes just yet, I'll post 'em when they come in.

At the very least, the infamous nursery bug has been confirmed to be fixed.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

deadwing posted:

At the very least, the infamous nursery bug has been confirmed to be fixed.

What was the bug? Is it the one where you poo poo yourself because the ghost jumps out at you on your gamepad? Seriously though I never encountered a bug on that mission so I don't actually know.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

At what time does the EU shop update? I want to play Fire Emblem.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

At what time does the EU shop update? I want to play Fire Emblem.

Yeah tell me about it... 3 more weeks. Gotta love pointless delays.

Harmoknight is releasing today too yeah? The demo was a fun little thing so I think I might get that.

I think the shop gets updated sometime in the next 3-4 hours.

jtm33 fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 28, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was just about to ask when the NA eShop updates; got a card waiting for Harmoknight and it's one of the only eShop titles I'm actually bothering with.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
EU store should be updated in about ~90 minutes. NA press release goes out around the same time but you can't count on everything being available right away.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 28):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    LEGO City Undercover - €59.99 / £49.99
3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Luigi's Mansion 2 - €44.99 / £39.99
    Resident Evil Revelations - €29.99 / £24.99
    Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D - €9.99 / £8.99
    Code of Princess - €29.99 / £24.99
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D - €19.99 / £17.99
    Heroes of Ruin - €24.99 / £19.99
    50 Classic Games - €4.99 / £4.49
    Fire Emblem Awakening (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    HarmoKnight - €14.99 / £12.99
    The Beet Party: Unidentified Flying Waffle (video) - €0.99 / £0.89
    3DS Save Data Transfer Tool (free)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Harvest Moon (Game Boy Color) - €4.99 / £4.49
SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Pokedex 3D Pro (3DS eShop) - €11.99 / £10.79 until April 4
    escapeVektor (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 11
    Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (Wii U VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30, available until April 20
    ZombiU (Wii U Retail Download) - €34.99/£29.99 until April 4th
    Assassin's Creed III (Wii U Retail Download) - €29.99/£29.99 until April 4th
    Just Dance 4 (Wii U Retail Download) - €24.99/£19.99 until April 4th
    Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Wii U Retail Download) - €24.99/£19.99 until April 4th
    Rabbids Land (Wii U Retail Download) - €24.99/£19.99 until April 4th
    Sports Connection (Wii U Retail Download) - €24.99/£19.99 until April 4th
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Wii U Retail Download) - €24.99/£19.99 until April 4th

NA update (week of March 28):

quote:

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Resident Evil Revelations - $19.99
    Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing Transformed - $29.99
3DS eSHOP
    HarmoKnight - $14.99
    3DS Save Data Transfer Tool (free)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Legend of the River King (Game Boy Color) - $4.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Smash Brethren #3 (Lyn, difficulty ***) - $3.00
  • Rogues and Redeemers #1 (Ephraim, difficulty ****) - $3.00
  • Rogues pack (contains Rogues #1, #2 [Celica] and #3 [Ike]) - $6.50
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity DLC
  • Poke Forest Dungeon (March 24) - free until April 30
SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing Transformed (Wii U eShop) - $29.99 until March 31
    Pokedex 3D Pro (3DS eShop) - $9.99 "for a limited time"
    escapeVektor (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until April 11
    Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (Wii U VC Trial Campaign) - $0.30, available until April 20

There are also big patches for both ZombiU and Sonic Racing Transformed that should be available in both regions.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 28, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
No new 3DS VC content for NA? The only thing I don't like about the VC service is that there's not near enough games on it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Haha, 60€ for LEGO, good job. Gonna buy it for 20€ from the bargain bin in two months. Also, the Fire Emblem demo isn't up yet, ugh.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
They must have the data that says that absolutely no one is buying these games for €60 on the eShop right? :ohdear: Why the christ are the so expensive.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

They must have the data that says that absolutely no one is buying these games for €60 on the eShop right? :ohdear: Why the christ are the so expensive.

Because people might live in one of those bizarro-universe cities where there's high speed broadband internet and absolutely no shops that sell games Because early adopters and impatient people Hey, remember when Amazon or eBay was a thing? Good times.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

All three consoles do the exact same thing and I don't really get it. I think the most ridiculous one I've seen is Modern Warfare 3 on the PSN store, it's currently £57.99. I get kind of jealous of the prices you see for PC games, I hope Steam's console has reasonable prices for digital downloads of retail games and makes Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft reconsider their crazy prices.

On the PS3 EU blog I remember a guy saying he always buys digital, and it's worth the extra cost because he doesn't have to keep changing disks. :psyduck:

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Wait, are they charging more for the digital versions than what you'd pay at retail in Europe? That really doesn't make any sense. Just as an example, over here Luigi's Mansion and Pokιmon Mystery Dungeon were $40 and $35, respectively, same as retail. Sure, Nintendo could get away with selling them cheaper (since with no costs for manufacturing and shipping the games and no middlemen in the form of other stores, eShop purchases are pure profit for Nintendo), but I'm sure they don't want to undercut their retailers.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

KimT posted:

On the PS3 EU blog I remember a guy saying he always buys digital, and it's worth the extra cost because he doesn't have to keep changing disks. :psyduck:

How do you switch disks often enough for this to be a problem worth throwing money at? I never play more than two games at a time, if that.

Laser Spider posted:

Wait, are they charging more for the digital versions than what you'd pay at retail in Europe?

All digital games (even Steam, outside of sales) are sold for more than retail everywhere around the world because no retailer sticks to MSRP. It's an outdated concept but you are correct, they (claim to) price that way because GameStop would get all angry if they undercut them and refuse to stock their games. Or something. Just keep buying physical/use Steam sales, games have never been cheaper than today even if you're stuck in Europe and the MSRP for a PS3 game is 69.99€.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lego City Undercover is only $49.99 so that's kinda ridiculous that it's 59.99 Euros!

Umlaut
Jan 15, 2009
NFSMWU was actually cheaper in the eShop than on Amazon.de (59,99 € vs 64,99 €). The real problem is that they almost never adjust the price after launch. That may be a good strategy for Call of Duty, but for everything else the prices should be lowered over time.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Umlaut posted:

NFSMWU was actually cheaper in the eShop than on Amazon.de (59,99 € vs 64,99 €). The real problem is that they almost never adjust the price after launch. That may be a good strategy for Call of Duty, but for everything else the prices should be lowered over time.

Don't go to Amazon.de for new releases unless they price match, MediaMarkt/Saturn usually have them for sick low prices during the first weekend. Bioshock Infinite was 30-40€ offline.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Laser Spider posted:

Wait, are they charging more for the digital versions than what you'd pay at retail in Europe? That really doesn't make any sense. Just as an example, over here Luigi's Mansion and Pokιmon Mystery Dungeon were $40 and $35, respectively, same as retail. Sure, Nintendo could get away with selling them cheaper (since with no costs for manufacturing and shipping the games and no middlemen in the form of other stores, eShop purchases are pure profit for Nintendo), but I'm sure they don't want to undercut their retailers.

I don't know about the rest of Europe but in the UK, yeah. PS3/WiiU games are usually like £50 to buy on the digital stores, but you can get them at retail or on Amazon for £10-15 cheaper.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Legend of the River King for GBC just came out in NA today

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fNKu-geW8EN-sjhEa9ifHK8XhiuqkkWu

No, seriously

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fire Emblem demo is up for PAL! :slick:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And about freaking time too! But what's up with the 10 uses? That's kinda stupid.

Oh well time to get a taste of some feetless strategy.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Pope Guilty posted:

No new 3DS VC content for NA? The only thing I don't like about the VC service is that there's not near enough games on it.

Legend of the River King came out today, somehow I totally forgot to put it in my post even though it's a sick game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mulderman posted:

And about freaking time too! But what's up with the 10 uses? That's kinda stupid.

Oh well time to get a taste of some feetless strategy.

10? NA got 20 uses for our demos. What the gently caress?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
...oh, and another correction: RE Revelations is $20 on the NA eShop, not $30.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

10? NA got 20 uses for our demos. What the gently caress?

The number of uses varies on publisher, and I guess NOE doesn't really talk to NOA. I think the NA version of Awakening got 30 uses, too.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Code of Princess is $40 on the eShop and $30 everywhere else. What're the odds Nintendo will take the hint?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

...oh, and another correction: RE Revelations is $20 on the NA eShop, not $30.

Is that a good price?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pope Guilty posted:

Is that a good price?

Yes, it's a fantastic RE game and was worth $40 new.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Why the hell is it $20, but €30/£25? :mad:

I already have it, but stuff like that is annoying. It's not 1990 anymore, we can see how much Americans pay for stuff, stop overcharging us.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Pope Guilty posted:

Is that a good price?

Definitely. It's the best Resident Evil game since 4. There are HD console ports coming out soon for I believe every platform, but the game is well worth it on the 3DS.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

Why the hell is it $20, but €30/£25? :mad:

I already have it, but stuff like that is annoying. It's not 1990 anymore, we can see how much Americans pay for stuff, stop overcharging us.

Mercenaries 3D is €10/£9 in PAL-land but $20 in NA, too, as far as I know. I don't know what the hell they're thinking.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
And all this is why I just bought a second Wii U so I could pay American prices despite living in Australia. It will pay for itself with the savings from 12 games!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You could have just used your Aussie Wii U to buy at EU prices and saved almost the same amount without having to own two consoles, but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

You could have just used your Aussie Wii U to buy at EU prices and saved almost the same amount without having to own two consoles, but whatever.

That's what I was doing, the difference still isn't negligible. I also wanted the superior Club Nintendo treatment with the free games and everything. Economically, it was worth switching over as soon as possible for the long run.