Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

hope you kept your receipt btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Tears of joy, as flow every time Monty comes to the crease. Even better than Ronald "No Obvious Flaws" Bell by having some obvious flaws.

Juxtapose posted:

You're welcome

This is about as good as Ponting_EnglandFlag.gif

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

thehappyprince posted:

hope you kept your receipt btw

No mate, I'm saving it for the ashes

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Lionel RichTea posted:

Reminder that New Zealand posed for a team photo before their historic victory.

We have a team photo every series.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This is probably the poorest the two Ashes sides have looked going into a series since 86-87 really.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

We have a team photo every series.

Beaten, but seriously, having a team photo doesn't mean anything more than any other team photo taken in any other series.

edit: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/8478540/Captaincy-saga-not-over-suggests-Taylor At this point Taylor needs to suck it up and move on or he's going to see public opinion turn against him very rapidly.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 27, 2013

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I've found our opener for the ashes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wfwjK8JmuU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Jokes aside, that is a crazy level of hand-eye coordination for a three year old.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Beaten, but seriously, having a team photo doesn't mean anything more than any other team photo taken in any other series.

edit: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/8478540/Captaincy-saga-not-over-suggests-Taylor At this point Taylor needs to suck it up and move on or he's going to see public opinion turn against him very rapidly.

I think it was just a poor choice of words, more than anything. I mean I can't blame the guy, but it sounds like the quote was taken a little out of context.

Juxtapose
Dec 21, 2012

Lost in time
like tears in rain

That cover drive at 45 seconds :D

Smorgasbord posted:

Couldn't agree more, he is coming off as a whiny little bitch now.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Her foot work is pretty reasonable for a little kid.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Gah, no test cricket for one and a half months unless you count the Bangladesh - Zimbabwe series. Any domestic cricket going on anywhere that I can follow?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
It's almost time for the :qfg: IPL! :qfg:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

Controversial cricketer Jesse Ryder is in Christchurch Hospital in intensive care with a fractured skull after an incident last night, reports say.

Fairfax media reported Ryder was involved in a fight at a fast food outlet in Papanui Road shortly after midnight.

New Zealands such an unsafe place

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Scylo posted:

New Zealands such an unsafe place

Fuuuuuck, hope he'll be ok :(

Juxtapose
Dec 21, 2012

Lost in time
like tears in rain
loving Christchurch scum

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Latest police release has changed the location to (surprise, surprise) a Merivale Bar. The McDonalds is quite close to a few bars in that area.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

On the bright side, the Barmy Army have another New Zealand song to add to the repertoire.

Juxtapose
Dec 21, 2012

Lost in time
like tears in rain
An eye witness, who only wanted to be known as Adam, said Ryder had his shirt ripped off his back and was on the ground as four men kicked and punched him outside Aikmans Bar in Merivale.

Ryder was lying in a bush "shaking, vomiting and covered in blood" in the car park of Merivale McDonald's, which is opposite the bar, when two ambulances arrived to assist him shortly after midnight.

Adam, who was drinking at the bar, said the brawl broke out behind him.

"From what I could tell it looked pretty unprovoked," he said.

Four caucasian men, believed to be in their lates 20s, started punching Ryder in the bar's outdoor courtyard and the fight was quickly pushed out on to Aikmans Rd, Adam said.

"Four dudes were just laying into him and absolutely smashing him on the ground. His shirt was ripped off and they were kicking him and punching him while he was down."

Ryder managed to stand up during the attack but was quickly knocked back to the ground, Adam said.

He was not sure if the men were friends of Ryder, but said they "drat knew who he was".

Ryder's attackers were swearing at him as they beat him.

The four men ran off when police sirens were heard, he said.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Loving the Herald article that's just a big list of all Ryder's indiscretions since 2008.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

what do you expect, the herald is poo poo

Looks like we'll never see him back in the black

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Juxtapose posted:

He was not sure if the men were friends of Ryder

Get Columbo in to solve this mystery.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

nzspambot posted:

what do you expect, the herald is poo poo

Looks like we'll never see him back in the black

Sounds like he'll be lucky to even wake up.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
What the gently caress, this is horrible

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

thehappyprince posted:

Get Columbo in to solve this mystery.

I'd like a verdict in less than 8 years thanks

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, he's in the ICU and everything.

Someone's really bet big on the daredevils not winning this year.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Poor guy :(.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
There needs to be a word to describe anger born out of frustration with humanity.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
That's horrible. What kind of gutless shithead keeps kicking and punching someone while they're on the floor.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

4 of them, even.

gently caress Christchurch.

Juxtapose
Dec 21, 2012

Lost in time
like tears in rain

quote:

According to a report just heard , he was standing outside the bar when a car pulled up, they yelled abuse at Ryder and then 4 jumped out pulled his shirt over his head and beat the crap out out of him and then just drove off when finished. So he may have said something earlier to them if they were in the bar , if so they will be on camera.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

goatface posted:

Wow, he's in the ICU and everything.

Someone's really bet big on the daredevils not winning this year.

This is actually potentially true, sadly.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

They said on the news he was in an induced coma. Sounds like a bunch of frustrated poms angry at not winning a test all tour.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

4liters posted:

They said on the news he was in an induced coma. Sounds like a bunch of frustrated poms angry at not winning a test all tour.

A half eaten crumpet was found at the scene.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Mister Chief posted:

A half eaten crumpet was found at the scene.

...and several dummies, solidly spat

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

4liters posted:

Maybe he watched Stuart Broad's innings

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Hyperriker posted:

...and several dummies, solidly spat

With enough force to penetrate a barn door.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Interesting suggestion from Steve Waugh: let women play in the Big Bash.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/let-women-play-in-big-bash-league-says-steve-waugh-20130329-2gy8j.html

I was actually wondering the other day, given that the Australian women's team are world champions and the men's team are shithouse, why couldn't some of the women play for the Australian Test side? Surely they couldn't be worse than Watson/Hughes/Doherty/Maxwell etc.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Did you actually watch any of the women's world cup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I did, and there is no way any of the female bowlers could ever make it in the men's game. They are just too slow.

However surely the batsmen could. They obviously have the freakish hand-eye co-ordination required so all they'd need is a shitload of practice against 140km/h bowling. I bet they'd face bowling machines and men's club bowlers who bowl that pace all the time. Plus I believe they use a slightly lighter ball so they'd need to get used to a heavier ball as well.

• Locked thread