Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Bad rear end phone sex too bad I nut all over myself.

edit: who the gently caress gave me this avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
After some time dealing with my anxiety I decided I would go to an actual party with real people on Saturday night. Not only did I have fun, but I met a cute guy who I am now exchanging messages with who likes industrial music and cats and video games and warhams. :3:

And maybe it's nothing at all but it sure feels pretty good, especially after spending the time before the party having a panic attack.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I'm just having a good week :) My roommate moved all her stuff out so the place is pretty empty. It's starting to hit me (in a good way) that I'm going to be living alone. I already bought some furniture for the place and this weekend I'm going to be painting and decorating.

Also, I've been making my own beer for the first time and I just finished bottling. I have 6.5 bottles (16 0z) of IPA that will be ready in a couple weeks.

AND my very first 5K is this weekend!

Baby Ruth Ginsburg
Jan 29, 2013
I got to hang out with my roommates all day. Since it was sunny we walked from Union Square up to 34th and found a cute thrift store on the way where I got a new mug.

Shopped some sale stuff and got a bunch of mega comfy super functional stuff. Then got to eat a Chipotle burrito which made everything even better.

Also my roommate bought these bomb stockings that ended up being too long for her, so I bought them from her for 5 dollars. Now I have some fancy stockings.

Also my cat is purring on my shoulders and watching Star Trek with me.

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

I got my eyebrows waxed ( :smuggo: --> :smug: ) and the nice lady dabbed my tears away so I gave her an 8 dollar tip.

Also!
I got a job for the summer that isn't going back to the 9th circle of hell (the restaurant where I bussed table for uppity old women)! Hopefully I don't lose it before I get back for the summer :smith:

I also closed a bank account and felt like an independent adult for once.
Then I went home to my grandparents (negating the independent part) and pan fried some pizza :c00l:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Sean_Miller posted:

Bad rear end phone sex too bad I nut all over myself.

edit: who the gently caress gave me this avatar

Better question: How does a dog use a phone?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Found a 10 dollar note in my jacket that I'd forgotten about :unsmith:

I got blown by a rent boy in Thailand. I paid him the money up front and he followed me back to the hotel room I was staying before sucking my dick to completion, then he left without saying a word :swoon:

Now I'm eating delicious Paella with some new cutlery that I bought. :cool:

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I entered one of my photos in the Smithsonian photo contest. I don't even dare hope that it wins or elicits any reaction at all really, but just entering the contest gave me this really odd feeling of, I don't know, maybe if my photos are good, it's not just luck and maybe I have something to do with it.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

morcant posted:

:swoon: How old is she? She looks tiny... Have you had her since she was kitten? (Man, maybe I should start going to Pet Island, I need more cute kitty pictures in my life.)

She's 9 months old, got her at 3 months

Today was awesome because my mom visited and we got a bunch of books for like 50 cents each. One of them is a Christian inspirational crime novel about the mean streets of Gresham, Oregon and the opening scene is in a Fred Meyer. Another one is about a planet inhabited by sentient, telepathic cats, and another one is entirely composed of wonderfully abysmal cat puns.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I checked my bank account and found out I got an $850 bonus from work on top of my paycheck, which sets me up nicely for the con I'm going to next month.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Caitlin posted:

After some time dealing with my anxiety I decided I would go to an actual party with real people on Saturday night. Not only did I have fun, but I met a cute guy who I am now exchanging messages with who likes industrial music and cats and video games and warhams. :3:

And maybe it's nothing at all but it sure feels pretty good, especially after spending the time before the party having a panic attack.

After last night, I would say this is going pretty well so far. :3:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Saw my girlfriend's tumblr. Lots of posts about me after we'd gone on dates and such. She was embarrassed because she'd forgotten how much she wrote about me when she sent me the link, but it just totally made my day.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm leaving grad school at the end of the semester (the week of April 30th), but because I'm on a teaching appointment instead of a research appointment I get an extra full paycheck in the first week of May :toot: I feel a lot better knowing I'll have an extra month to figure the rest of my life out.

Also I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I went out for a bit of St. Partrick's day-drinking yesterday and the bar we went to have a acoustic guitar duo that kicked rear end, including an awesome version of The Man Who Sold the World :iia:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I got free booze from an internet friend. First time meeting in person, was pretty fun except for the furries that tagged along. Still, free booze.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

As of today, I'm officially calling my apartment "done". My roommate moved out (and took 95% of the stuff) and I've spent the past week painting, moving furniture, trying to decorate, make the place liveable. I finally am at the point where it's just small things here and there and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out :) It's such a difference in my life when I feel more comfortable in my own apartment.

Also, I took my SO to his very first NBA game tonight. It was a close game but we won so I think I've officially converted another person into being a fan!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My day was Awesome because a) I finally got the money from my previous job that they owed me. YAY $6500 that I had written off as a loss!

and b) One of my students, (I teach ESL), told me after class "We think you are so gentleman." Which is one of the coolest things ever said to me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A girl I like has shown a little bit of interest in me as well, and I finally succeeded in motivating myself to go to the gym instead of it depending on my mood and whether said mood was trashed that day :toot:

Arbor Day
Jun 24, 2004

vrooom vrooom crash
Someone gifted me Organ Trail on Steam, that was pretty rad and unexpected. I don't even really know the guy who bought me a game. He must be rad, though.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I get to go see Pedro Pramo performed by Teatro Buenda at the Goodman Theater and take part in a Q&A session with the director afterwords, all for free.

EDIT: It was amazing. I <3 magical realism so much.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Mar 24, 2013

Ashheap Empire
Jul 22, 2000

Kings taste terrible at best
and rest in peace raw
The rest are recipes
*CAAAWWWW*
I went to a concert with the girl from my math class who I've been talking to nearly everyday for the last 3 months and who I've been falling hard for and who told me early on that she wanted to just be friends. We'll we somehow ended up watching the enter 6 band concert with her snuggled up in my arms and getting close and PDA'y enough to probably start making people around us uncomfortable. I do feel kind bad about that but it was worth it. After the show she told me she's been falling for me as hard as I've been falling for her.

So yeah, I've never posted in this thread before, but had to now because I just had THE BEST NIGHT EVER!

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Ashheap Empire posted:

I went to a concert with the girl from my math class who I've been talking to nearly everyday for the last 3 months and who I've been falling hard for and who told me early on that she wanted to just be friends. We'll we somehow ended up watching the enter 6 band concert with her snuggled up in my arms and getting close and PDA'y enough to probably start making people around us uncomfortable. I do feel kind bad about that but it was worth it. After the show she told me she's been falling for me as hard as I've been falling for her.

So yeah, I've never posted in this thread before, but had to now because I just had THE BEST NIGHT EVER!

This is all sorts of cute. :3:

novak
Aug 8, 2006

Turnin' on the screw
null

novak has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Apr 3, 2013

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
This is just me being needlessly self-congratulatory but I just spent a night with the most stunning redhead i've ever laid eyes on. And to top it off she's my best friend and she's crazy. This will be an awesome E/N story one day but for now i'm just going to enjoy the poo poo out of this.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
I just took the best piss of my life.

Because it was into a cup in a laboratory.

As part of a pre-employment drug test.

For a job.

After 6 loving months, 3 of which I spent treating job searching like an actual job.

loving FINALLY :woop: :toot: :hellyeah:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I made this :3:

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
Went to Trader Joe's for the first time ever and picked up some great snacks. My mother sent me a care package of random goodies. Was able to bench press a little bit more weight this time. It's been a good day.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
Woke up when my six-year old daughter bored under the covers and snuggled in between my wife and I.

Found out my timid attempts at yoga is already paying off when I could effortlessly stand on the floor and rest one foot on the windowsill while toweling off after my shower.

Had an apple and oatmeal for breakfast while the sun was shining through the kitchen windows.

Kissed my wife goodbye and got a group-hug from the kids. they'll enjoy their Easter holiday while I enjoy the calm and quiet of working over Easter (and taking my holiday a few weeks from now)

Today is a good day. :)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
A book I've been waiting for is due for shipment today, I just found out I'm not in fact fired and actually have two decent shifts on the schedule for the rest of the week! Plus due to yesterday's snowday, my homework doesn't have to be done until tomorrow night. Awwww yeah.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Went to get a sandwich for dinner and the dude gave me five holes on my punch card instead of one. Not really sure why but hey.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My landlord finally said they'd remove the toilet thats been randomly sitting under the stairs in front of my apartment for the past couple years!!! :woop:

Also, I had an awesome party this weekend. I'm still recovering today but it was totally worth it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Got a letter from the university regarding my program transfer. As long as I can avoid losing 0.9 points on my GPA this semester and spring semester, I'm officially transferred! This is my second attempt, so I'd have to miss all my finals and my spring field school courses to fail. New program, here I come!

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
Putting away the last of our stuff from vacation turned into a huge cleaning/organizing binge and my house is so nice and clean. Also helps that my toddler took a two and a half hour nap, leaving me enough time to finish cleaning and also relax for like an hour. It was a good day.

(But then I ruined it by almost running a red light. Seriously, who puts traffic lights on a teeny pole on the side of a road for a loving four lane, one way road. Thanks for the heart attack, Worcester.)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Lackadaisical posted:

My landlord finally said they'd remove the toilet thats been randomly sitting under the stairs in front of my apartment for the past couple years!!! :woop:

Aw man...now where are the raccoons and stray cats gonna poop? :(

All kidding aside, got 2 good job offers today, one full time permanent and one temp contract. Definitely taking the full time position, the other one is $1/hour more but no guarantee of it going from temp to permanent. Just gotta finish up paperwork when I go in Monday for new hire orientation, then a couple weeks of OTJ training and I'll be set. Feels good after my last contract ended sooner than expected (was supposed to be 6 months, new company came in and took over, ended up outsourcing at least 75% of IT functions to their own outside company and my last day was 2/1/13) and I've been fidgety and concerned about finding work for almost 2 months.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My condo voted to totally replace our 40 year old pipes rather than fill them with lovely epoxy stuff that costs almost the same but would've caused a bunch of problems five years from now.

I am pleasantly surprised at the non-cheapness of my neighbours.

Now I just have to come up with $9,000 by November 1st. :(

QueenQuintessence
Dec 26, 2012
It was my birthday :toot:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Went on this thing called a Grouper last night. Basically they take three guys that are friends and pair them with three girls that are friends and send them on a happy-hour group date thing. The girls we met up with were really a lot of fun and we had a great time. More importantly I hit it off really well with one of them and we're going on a date Saturday.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Saw the complete works of Shakespeare abridged live with improv parts. It was funny.

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Had the long weekend off work because off Easter - Went bike riding for the first time with my daughters and wife around the lake near our house.

My daughter is 3 1/2 and its the first Easter that she has understood the whole search for chocolate eggs thing (we're in Australia I hear the custom is different elsewhere) so it was pretty cool seeing how excited she was over it all. She is convinced that our pet rabbit laid the chocolate eggs.

Hopefully she wont eat the small pea sized 'chocolate' that he 'lays' in his pen.

Neif has a new favorite as of 06:38 on Mar 31, 2013

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I am now the size I was when I graduated college for the first time. I have taken off all the weight I've put on in this century. I have one more size to go until my original goal weight and size, but you know what? My body can do more if I just continue to work at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
While at work in a day care I was bored and coloring with the students. I drew a moon wearing sunglasses and a star wearing sunglasses while playing the saxophone, a kid across from me suggested I draw an owl wearing sunglasses while playing the guitar. That kid is too young to be that cool.

I also checked my bank account and realized I hadn't spent NEARLY what I somehow thought I had been and had about $200 more in my account than I thought. It's less now because after work I went and bought shoes for myself (I seriously can't remember the last time I was able to afford to do that) and a pair of shoes to wear in a wedding in May.