Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I like that everyone has rubbed off on each other over the past three years. Some of Kanaya's lines sounded very Dave-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

It amuses me to no end that Dave and Karkat are the only "got it together" duo.

You know, maybe this is finally Dave's big moment to step it up and be the hero.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love how Rose-y Rose still is when drunk. It's incredibly charming!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Tallcircles. That is all.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
So basically I'm now imagining that Kanaya actually says all her punctuation out loud. Like that lone '!' on the first page? That was her straight up saying 'shout pole'... or 'exclamation mark' depending I guess.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
From now on all my cylinders will be tallcircles.

Valley Gunship
Sep 22, 2005

Eternity lies ahead of us, and behind. Have you drunk your fill?
Someone is going to produce a real manifest list of codes and values for rebuilding can town. Someone else will really make it to every exact detail. This will all be blurred into a photo montage within 90 minutes of the last update.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

So basically I'm now imagining that Kanaya actually says all her punctuation out loud. Like that lone '!' on the first page? That was her straight up saying 'shout pole'... or 'exclamation mark' depending I guess.

Everyone knows what a lone exclamation point sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Android Blues posted:

I love how Rose-y Rose still is when drunk. It's incredibly charming!

Yeah, when you're drunk you're a caricature of yourself, so recognizing the symbolic importance of Can Town is pretty spot on.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

We know that "dying is a hell of a way to sober up quick," and I worry about how exactly that fact is going to come into play.

Do you think that it is rad to have alcoholism Rose

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

We know that "dying is a hell of a way to sober up quick," and I worry about how exactly that fact is going to come into play.

It'll come into play two months ago when the Alpha kids died and went god tier.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Do you think that it is rad to have alcoholism Rose

I wonder if someone taking a utilitarian approach to get Rose sobered up in time for important things by just killing her and letting her revive would edge a bit dangerously close to a just death. :ohdear:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
You'd think Rose, or (perhaps more likely) someone who's been having to put up with her, would have found time to alchemize some antibooze (by inverting the hole pattern for wodka or whatever, because obviously that would work) for important occasions.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Roxy is gonna be really really depressed when she finally has a conversation with Rose, isn't she :(

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Like some have mentioned already, I love the fact that Drunkrose isn't just "Roxy", it's still very clearly Rose. Roxy is a lot more like Dave I guess. Derse Kids are the best.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Hey it's friday, hope ya'll are knocking back some tallcircles of soporific.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
This is depressing. I'm depressed. I want to appreciate the humor here but I can't because of how depressing it all is.

Get it together, Rose. Jesus.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Plom Bar posted:

This is depressing. I'm depressed. I want to appreciate the humor here but I can't because of how depressing it all is.

I wish I could just emptyquote this, but yeah. This is just sad.

In fact it seems like over half of all the characters on this meteor are becoming more and more pathetic every time we see them.

My prediction: Hussie is going to sink every ship he possibly can and end Homestuck with all the characters alone and alienated from one another. The anguished cries of one million shippers will fuel his body for thousands of years.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Plom Bar posted:

You made me think there was a new update. What the gently caress are you talking about that's depressing?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MrBims posted:

You made me think there was a new update. What the gently caress are you talking about that's depressing?

Rose being a mega-alcoholic?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MrBims posted:

Do you think it is rad to have alcoholism, mr bims?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
She seems pretty happy to me. Can Town is awesome.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Aw man, this is heading towards Heartbreak Hotel, ain't it?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fucknag posted:

Rose being a mega-alcoholic?

Again, I don't know that "drunk on-screen twice" is enough to blanket her as an alcoholic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cabbit posted:

Again, I don't know that "drunk on-screen twice" is enough to blanket her as an alcoholic.

KANAYA: You Have Been Drinking Your Soporifics In Excess Again
KANAYA: Rose This Is Terrible

That probably is, though.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Please enumerate the tragic consequences this cartoon character is going to face in her life because of this devastating (DEFINITELY not comically exaggerated) inebriation addiction.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Indecisive posted:

Please enumerate the tragic consequences this cartoon character is going to face in her life because of this devastating (DEFINITELY not comically exaggerated) inebriation addiction.

Fact: No one in the history of anything has felt any kind of investment in a fictional character's development, especially in Homestuck. I am a bold pioneer in reader-author relations, blazing new trails of attachment to fictional entities. Literally the first.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

We saw her drunk out of her mind at the end of Year 2 and now we see her drunk out of her mind at the end of Year 3, a whole year later. And Karkat, Dave, and Kanaya have all made references to Rose's tendency to drink.

I think it's safe to assume that, yes, this is a problem! :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This is all just leading up to the funniest intervention ever.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

JT Jag posted:

Karkat's going to get another chair out, isn't he?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I feel pretty bad for Kanaya, as well. After all the stuff with Smart Rose And Idiot Rose, she is getting to experience the Idiot firsthand.

Clearly we need to rebuild the Snarky Horseshitometer.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ariong posted:

Karkat's going to get another chair out, isn't he?

Nah, Dave and Kanaya are gonna do a lovely afterschool freestyle rap, while Karkat's head is projected out of a constantly flitting about crow-puter.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Thinking Kanaya needs to be auspiticising between Rose and Booze here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mazerunner posted:

Nah, Dave and Kanaya are gonna do a lovely afterschool freestyle rap, while Karkat's head is projected out of a constantly flitting about crow-puter.
"DO YOU HAVE ME ON SPEAKER CROW? THAT IS THE WORST, WHAT THE gently caress DAVE. DO NOT PUT ME ON SPEAKER CROW."

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

JT Jag posted:

They'll have a clown and everything.

"DID YOU KNOW? THAT poo poo WAS POISON."

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Too bad it's the clown's fault they needed the meteor lab's first intervention to occur. :v:

I'm almost surprised Hussie didn't go for the drinking trifecta, and have Kanaya develop a taste for even more blood after the Trollpocalypse.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is the worst update ever.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
At least rose is a happy drunk :gbsmith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I miss sober Rose and not-sober Gamzee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Midnight Raider posted:

I'm almost surprised Hussie didn't go for the drinking trifecta, and have Kanaya develop a taste for even more blood after the Trollpocalypse.

There's a missed opportunity here for Kanaya to be drunk from drinking Rose's intoxicated blood.