Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

GC dates have now slipped to 4/2.

This is a confusing rollout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

magiccarpet posted:

GC dates have now slipped to 4/2.

This is a confusing rollout.

Losing hope on mine (and I preordered in February)

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

Zzounds just switched from April 6 to Coming Soon so yeah, it might be a minute.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I preordered mine from a Canadian music chain (Long and McQuade). Kind of similar to Guitar Center. The representative I spoke to told me L&M had ordered a batch of 140 units for their warehouse following the NAMM show, of which I was the ~40th person to pre-order. So if anyone is in Canada, that might be a route to go. I love L&M service and have found their support impeccable.

Now I know this rollout is confusing as all hell, but I'm assuming the same stock and shipping apply to L&M as does Guitar Center. So I'm assuming I'll get mine around the same time as most people who ordered from Guitar Center. I'll let y'all know when I get mine in. I should note though, the same representative said mid/late April is a possibility.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

It's here!

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

spaceship posted:

It's here!

>:(

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Apparently their fulfillment center is here in Austin, which must be way I received it in less than 24 hours. I won't get much time with it tonight unfortunately, but i'm super stoked. The build quality is flippin fantastic.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

spaceship posted:

Apparently their fulfillment center is here in Austin, which must be way I received it in less than 24 hours. I won't get much time with it tonight unfortunately, but i'm super stoked. The build quality is flippin fantastic.

Did it work without registration? I don't understand why you would need to put in the registration code unless you need the copy of Live 9 Intro.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

spaceship posted:

Sell it to me right meow! I'll love it with all of my heart.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

pyrotek posted:

Did it work without registration? I don't understand why you would need to put in the registration code unless you need the copy of Live 9 Intro.

I just plugged it in and it started working immediately. I didn't have to type anything in...

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

spaceship posted:

I just plugged it in and it started working immediately. I didn't have to type anything in...

OK, thanks. I thought they made it sound like it was required in the Learn Push videos they posted, but I couldn't understand why considering they said it doesn't even require drivers.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

spaceship posted:

It's here!

Haha you're putting that picture up everywhere. Always a weird feeling to recognize a goon under a different name on another forum. :hfive:

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
So how is it?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

ProAudioStar has Push in stock.

Guitar Center keeps pushing their date back further and further. They're about to get a phone call.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

ProAudioStar has Push in stock.

Guitar Center keeps pushing their date back further and further. They're about to get a phone call.

My Guitar Center order just shipped. I ordered way back on Christmas, so it is possible mine is one of the first.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

pyrotek posted:

My Guitar Center order just shipped. I ordered way back on Christmas, so it is possible mine is one of the first.

Thank you for the heads up - looks like mine went in on Valentines Day, so maybe it'll go soon.

Edit: shipped! Woop

dj bobby bieber fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 28, 2013

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

dj bobby bieber posted:

Thank you for the heads up - looks like mine went in on Valentines Day, so maybe it'll go soon.

Edit: shipped! Woop

Did you get an email or did you have to call?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

MixMasterMalaria posted:

Did you get an email or did you have to call?

Email.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Well I guess I'll be waiting until jun...WAIT THERE IT IS!

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Fuuuuccck, where's my email? :f5:

(I ordered on St. Paddy's weekend, so it might be a while. Hopefully I'm in the first batch of them at least and don't have to wait months!)

Begby
Apr 7, 2005

Light saber? Check. Black boots? Check. Codpiece? Check. He's more machine than kid now.

Vidmaster posted:

Fuuuuccck, where's my email? :f5:

(I ordered on St. Paddy's weekend, so it might be a while. Hopefully I'm in the first batch of them at least and don't have to wait months!)

I ordered mine a week or so before you. If you could be so kind as to post back here when you get your email I would appreciate it. My boss ordered mine for me under his email address and he is on vacation so I won't bet getting any email at all.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
I got mine last night - and unfortunately I have company from out of town, so I only got to play with it for ~15 minutes. However, just in using it for ~15, the build quality feels fantastic, the pads are stiff (great for tapping out rolls/fills/quick runs on a piano) but not uncomfortable to play at all, and the interface is really intuitive and fun to use. I am already satisfied with the purchase.

The only (incredibly minor) complaint I have is that the labeling on the non-note/grid buttons is a bit lacking. I imagine I won't care after I use it for a few hours and learn all the locations, but the backlit buttons are a bit hard to read (even with the power cable plugged in for extra brightness) and the knobs for master tempo and swing are (iirc) unlabeled.

I'm hoping to have a little time on Saturday to play with it again, and I'll post any new impressions that I get - so far I am very happy with it.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

My Push, ordered on 2/26 from Guitar Center, just shipped.

SkandalousPanda
Jul 14, 2004

ya diiig
Ordered mine 3/5, just shipped today from GC. Letsgetitshawty!

Begby
Apr 7, 2005

Light saber? Check. Black boots? Check. Codpiece? Check. He's more machine than kid now.
I think mine got ordered on the 6th, but I had to remind the guy like 8 times to order it, so who knows. Sounds like they are slowly getting them shipped out, I am on the edge of my seat giddy with anticipation. As soon as I find out what day it is supposed to arrive I am going to try and take a half day off of work.

Edit: Just came through at 7:30pm EST.

Begby fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 31, 2013

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
Just got the shipment notification from musicians friend :)

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Begby posted:

I think mine got ordered on the 6th, but I had to remind the guy like 8 times to order it, so who knows. Sounds like they are slowly getting them shipped out, I am on the edge of my seat giddy with anticipation. As soon as I find out what day it is supposed to arrive I am going to try and take a half day off of work.

Edit: Just came through at 7:30pm EST.

I was just coming in here to post that mine showed up around 6:15 EST. Glad you got yours too!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Not really the perfect thread for this, but I thought I'd share a picture of my in-progress Live pedalboard.

4 switches for 4 loopers, 6 more buttons for fx/patches, and a shift key.
Soldering begins in a bit.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So I finally upgraded to Ableton 9 Suite from 8 Suite and am in the process of installing all the packs and things that came with it. I noticed some stuff from 8 appears to be missing, like Amped Guitar packs. Is that something I can yank from my 8 folder or are they hidden in there under other names? I haven't had the chance to click around much since I'm trying to get everything installed in one go

edit: btw brilliant move to include Max 4 Live with this upgrade. Bumped it up from Want to Neeed

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Jonny 290 posted:

Not really the perfect thread for this, but I thought I'd share a picture of my in-progress Live pedalboard.

4 switches for 4 loopers, 6 more buttons for fx/patches, and a shift key.
Soldering begins in a bit.

that's...so awesome. I love it.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
Push impressions: holy gently caress. I thought it would take me awhile to get used to finger playing, but since it's laid out similar to a typing keyboard, I'm really picking it up fast. I'm seriously jamming out Goblin - Tenebre as loud as I can. It owns so hard.

From a live performance standpoint - anyone have any suggestions for mapping buttons? I had my APC40 setup to override some buttons so I could kill eqs and what not - I don't seem to see a similar way to do it with this. That's fine, I'm ok with picking up something like a Novation Nocturn, but it'd be cool to do without it.

dj bobby bieber fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 2, 2013

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Up until now I've used a crappy old USB Alesis MultiMix8 from 2006 to perform live. I've been having to use ASIO4ALL to get the latency down, but it's still pretty awful. Now I want something to just run a single mic into so I can mess up my vocals on stage. I'm using a PC with USB 2.0 ports. Any suggestions for small USB audio interfaces? I'm totally out of the loop.

EDIT: Steinberg UR22 <-- would that work?

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 2, 2013

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

Gaspy Conana posted:

Up until now I've used a crappy old USB Alesis MultiMix8 from 2006 to perform live. I've been having to use ASIO4ALL to get the latency down, but it's still pretty awful. Now I want something to just run a single mic into so I can mess up my vocals on stage. I'm using a PC with USB 2.0 ports. Any suggestions for small USB audio interfaces? I'm totally out of the loop.

EDIT: Steinberg UR22 <-- would that work?
Yep, the UR22's pretty great for the price. I keep a USB interface on-hand for when I want to do production stuff on my laptop, and I'm probably going to sell my Komplete Audio 6 and get a UR22.

The KA6 is actually more full-featured, but it simply doesn't work on USB 3.0 ports (which all new notebooks, including mine, have), and the one USB 2.0 port on my laptop is a little funky... I've had trouble with the KA6 on it, but other devices as well. The UR22 is USB 2.0, but I haven't heard any incompatibility reports on it like I have with the KA6.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Radiapathy posted:

Yep, the UR22's pretty great for the price. I keep a USB interface on-hand for when I want to do production stuff on my laptop, and I'm probably going to sell my Komplete Audio 6 and get a UR22.

The KA6 is actually more full-featured, but it simply doesn't work on USB 3.0 ports (which all new notebooks, including mine, have), and the one USB 2.0 port on my laptop is a little funky... I've had trouble with the KA6 on it, but other devices as well. The UR22 is USB 2.0, but I haven't heard any incompatibility reports on it like I have with the KA6.

Rad! I went ahead and got it on the way home. Loving it.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hey is anyone using Vizzle or V-Module for incorporating video and OpenGL effects into their sets? Or has something easier come along that I should jump into instead?

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Got my Push today, it is as badass as everyone has said it is. I still need to get used to the new workflow style and figure out how to add effects and instruments and such, but actually playing notes with it is really nice. Making beats is super easy, and the pads are really springy and nice for finger drumming (at least once you're over being super clumsy with them). Actually seeing what all the parameters you're messing with is nice too, the LCD is a great addition and makes it much nicer than the APC40 in that regard - I always hated having to touch every knob to see what they were actually changing.

If anyone has any questions about it, I'll be happy to answer them!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

My wallet hates you guys.

So it's worth upgrading from an MPC40 to a Push?

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
Push Day for me! Sat down for my first real session a few hours ago, and was immediately so inspired I more or less jammed out a full song:

https://soundcloud.com/lemondropkid/push-thing

This is one of the most amazing machines I've ever used. Also, there's a really cool class at macprovideo.com called Push 201 taught by Jordan Rudess. A couple of sample chapters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XF41rVzKbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz39lPgqfhE

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Man, he looks like a right twat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RivensBitch
Jul 25, 2002

spaceship posted:

that's...so awesome. I love it.

I have a max for live patch that controls four looper plugins, but requires some internal midi mapping to control the extra features. My controller is a cardboard box with clear joystick buttons and leds for feedback.