Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HrungTheGi
Oct 30, 2012
Exchange. Because the last change we made to Kanta's appearance was comedy gold, and I'm hoping for more of the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

You see this thing that you love? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Dress us up Lady! Gift Exchange

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Change. NOW!

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Exchange and get, uh, something.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I'm starting to wonder if ruining this date might actually be doing Kanta a favor in the long run.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Gift Exchange Getting female friends to pick your clothes is the real reason to go shopping with them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Gift Exchange: ∞

This looks nice and cute on you, let me buy it for you as a gift.
Oh, I can’t simply accept such kindness.
Then let’s do it this way. I buy this as a gift for you and you buy something for me as a gift!
Agree, let’s do it!
Kanta.
Ah?
Here’s my present for you…

“What do you think? I believe it fits you well!”

(The price is about the same, but…I don’t wear sport shirt normally… would it suits me?)

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Finally some cosplay it looks wonderful

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Actually, it looks pretty nice but gently caress you!

Also, those are called polo shirts in America. Dunno if that's consistent in other English-speaking nations.

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 31, 2013

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Do I look like a jock to you, lady? gently caress your sports

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What do we look like, Usain Bolt? Dikembe Mutombo? Fuckin' Ichiro? Sports are poo poo.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
It's wonderful thank you. :shobon:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
She's an expert on fashion, so what she's picked is bound to suit our hero. Therefore he must say it sucks, because he's not allowed to be well-dressed at any time.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

That terrible shirt doesn't fit into the standardized Japanese salaryman dress code and therefore it sucks!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Also, those are called polo shirts in America.
Oh okay. I will just stick with sport shirt for international reader's sake.

Edit: But we all know Polo Shirt is a much better name. :patriot:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 31, 2013

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Polos are awesome, they work on anyone.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Okay, did a little research on the history of Polo shirt. Looks like everyone else call it Polo shirt, but I will just leave it unless there's a demand to change it to polo shirt. :wotwot:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Pure suckage.

On that note, the first thing the guy does is note its price. Really man? Kanta is pretty much a terrible person, through and through at this point.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Ramos posted:

Pure suckage.

On that note, the first thing the guy does is note its price. Really man? Kanta is pretty much a terrible person, through and through at this point.

If we're being charitable, I think he was just checking to make sure she didn't buy him something super-expensive, since the thing he bought her didn't cost that much.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Kanta is basically a dudebro by this point, so accept that wonderful polo and pop that collar for good measure.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just like yo mama, this shirt sucks!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress dis shirt yo.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Accept this wonderful gift and begin cosplaying as A Guy In A Polo Shirt.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Death to sport shirts!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That shirt looks wonderful

We're cleaning up our act to land a classy lady :colbert:

lonesiekarp
Mar 9, 2013
this is the coolest loving shirt. thank you.

now all we need is Kanta with his Mohawk and his Polo Shirt.
He will become...
Douchebro

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

:japan: It's time to learn about foreign cultures! :japan:

In Japan, there are strict rules around proper gift giving etiquette. Some of the rules pretty basic, such as parties of equal social standing should give gifts of equal worth, or a gift should always be given/received with both hands to show that the two parties are devoting their undivided attention to one another, and anything with writing on it should be given in the orientation that makes it easier for the recipient to read. Sometimes, these rules can lead to weird social situations, like having to use both hands whenever you give/receive a credit card to/from a cashier, and having to double check that said credit card is facing the right way every single god drat time you take it out of your wallet. By checking the price tag, the game is telling the player that the woman feels that their relationship is based on mutual friendship and respect. Another big part of Japanese gift giving etiquette is that you should always refuse a gift at least once, to show that you do not want to dirty a relationship with material things.

Of course, this particular lesson is probably trying to teach stuck up nerds to use modern and informal manners and that only old ladies and politicians follow old fashioned rules, but gently caress voting correctly.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 31, 2013

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
This shirt is an amazing shirt.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Tenik posted:

Of course, this particular lesson is probably trying to teach stuck up nerds to use modern and informal manners and that only old ladies and CEO's follow old fashioned rules, but gently caress voting correctly.

Don't forget the language used in each option. "I'd feel embarrassed" would be a kind way to do a refusal-oh-fine-you-talked-me-into-it, whereas "this shirt sucks" is an outright insult.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

This is one of the worst shirts of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Don't forget the language used in each option. "I'd feel embarrassed" would be a kind way to do a refusal-oh-fine-you-talked-me-into-it, whereas "this shirt sucks" is an outright insult.

Oops, I read through the choices quickly before looking at everyone's votes. Guess I should read more carefully. Let's refuse to take the shirt anyway, on the grounds that it is the same color as a cheese-it. If it's not cheeto orange, it ain't good enough.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
That shirt sucks. It's not nearly cosplay enough.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Tenik posted:

By checking the price tag, the game is telling the player that the woman feels that their relationship is based on mutual friendship and respect.

That's interesting to know. I suppose I was wrong earlier then, amazing how big of a difference context can make.

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
A gift? From a woman? That's really embarrassing.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Polos are loving great and those who don't like polos aren't. It's wonderful.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I like polos and all, but this one really sucks. :colbert:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

It's cool but I'm awfully insecure.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
How embarrasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I like it but I'm embarrassed you think so much of me on the first date!

• Locked thread