Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Today I found a dead Rottweiler in the ditch of a forest service road. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Yeah, this is really familiar. Bingley actually came over to me this morning, meowing/crying, because his left ear was itching and he couldn't get it. I gave him a good hard ear scritching and he just started purring. Ah the pitfalls of missing a rear leg..... :sigh:

Esme Nova
Jun 28, 2006

adventure in the sandbox posted:

Today I found a dead Rottweiler in the ditch of a forest service road. :smith:

Today I ended up taking a stray rottweiler (mix, I think) home because he was stumbling along the middle of the road, in traffic. He isn't too friendly, has no collar, has his tail docked, but isn't fixed. CRD is closed for Good Friday, so we have a very unhappy, old, skinny, kinda crippled rottie as an overnight guest. He's whining almost constantly, but at least he's not in the ditch.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Uh, hey Feldman? Your lip is uh...

Nevermind. :catstare:

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Esme Nova posted:

Today I ended up taking a stray rottweiler (mix, I think) home because he was stumbling along the middle of the road, in traffic. He isn't too friendly, has no collar, has his tail docked, but isn't fixed. CRD is closed for Good Friday, so we have a very unhappy, old, skinny, kinda crippled rottie as an overnight guest. He's whining almost constantly, but at least he's not in the ditch.

Oh good :unsmith: I've been thinking about the dog I found all day. My dogs have gotten ~10x the normal amount of treats since we got home.

We found a lost dog ad and called up the woman. Maybe she would have been happier not knowing. :(

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

We found a lost dog ad and called up the woman. Maybe she would have been happier not knowing. :(
I think not knowing is worse. You did a good thing.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Oh good :unsmith: I've been thinking about the dog I found all day. My dogs have gotten ~10x the normal amount of treats since we got home.

You did the right thing. Still sucks, but you did the right thing. Muchos hugs for the sheppies tonight!

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Once when I was on a road trip I saw a dead dog in the middle of the road that looked EXACTLY like Pistol. I still had a moment of "aah that's Pistol!! :qq:" even though I was an hour out of town and I had just dropped him off at daycare back home so it was physically impossible for him to have gotten all the way out there before I did.

He still got the biggest hug of his life when I got home. He is very much alive and keeps pressing my caps lock key while I am typing this because he is a dick.

I think if someone found one of my dogs dead I'd want to know so I wouldn't keep searching and hoping to find them alive and wondering what happened to them forever.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

I'm sorry you witnessed that but you did do the best thing. One of my parents cats vanished years ago and it always bugged me the not knowing if she was dead or taken in by someone else.

I have Artie back and he's learnt to bark bark bark and must have eaten sharp plastic as he's been crapping it out and has blood in his stools/fur agh.

...I'm loving being back in the madhouse though with them
All :3:

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
One of the neighborhood feral cats had recently moved in under my porch defying my dog in the process. I found it dead in the road last night. :(

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

When I was a teenager we had a cat wander into our garage while we were out. Found it when we pulled the car in when we got home on some folded towels we used for drying the cars after washing. She was the sweetest thing. She really wanted in the house and so we took her in and fed her, taking care of her while trying to decide what to do.

She was a very sweet cat but was kind of strange and quirky. She loved getting into the bathtubs and would wait for you to turn the faucet on to drink water, and she had very short stubby legs.

Well about a week later, we end up finding her passed away under my bed. :( We didn't know what had happened...but kind of assumed she was really old..

We later found a missing cat ad that described her to a T, short stubby legs and all. My mom called the women and told her what happened, and that we had buried the cat on our property.

Despite the description and even the cats behaviors of liking to drink water out of the tub, the woman REFUSED to believe it was her cat. :sigh:

Oh well, we at least tried to let them know.

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
My elderly childhood indoor-outdoor cat had been missing for several weeks, I put up signs at the end of our road and all. Almost a month passed and I was just about to start college and our neighbor called and told us they found him on their property and looked like he had been dead for a while. They had taken care of him for us so we wouldn't have to see. For some reason I kept forgetting that he was dead and I kept thinking I'd see him when I came home on breaks. :(

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof
A little break from SadTalk:

I am full of cold, so Barky got to play with the Electric Dog while I stood there trying not to die.

Wrong way, idiot

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Barky is awesome.

Got both of the doggies in here at the moment, both sleeping, snoring and twitching. I think they're chasing dream rabbits. :3: Or animated biscuits, hard to tell with these two.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Today I let the dogs hang out outside on my patio while I washed my car.

I didn't realize it would be so mentally taxing on Pistol, with me opening and shutting the car doors multiple times and not one single time did I come get him to put him in the car to go to the dog park. Not even once. There was much crying and the mental anguish was palpable.

My friend took this picture of him at the park the other day:

When he wants to take a break from frisbee he puts his frisbee in that hole until he's ready to go again.

And here's a stupid picture of Max for good measure:

Apparently that was comfortable. (his head was falling off the couch)

Problem! fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 31, 2013

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

The photo of max is brilliant!

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Tycho insists on sleeping in his kennel like this:

The kennel is long enough for him to lay down if he turned 90 degrees, but nope. Gotta pile my toys up and sleep like this.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

As long as he lives, Wheatley will stink.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Golden-i posted:

Tycho insists on sleeping in his kennel like this:

The kennel is long enough for him to lay down if he turned 90 degrees, but nope. Gotta pile my toys up and sleep like this.

That's the exact position Pistol sleeps in, regardless of where he is. Either that or stretched out as long as possible diagonally across my bed so no one else can sleep comfortably on it.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta
Aaaand the neighbor's kid is crying because their Lab ate some of the Easter eggs in the yard before she could find them. Dog is laying on the porch looking all :smugdog:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

demozthenes posted:

Aaaand the neighbor's kid is crying because their Lab ate some of the Easter eggs in the yard before she could find them. Dog is laying on the porch looking all :smugdog:

I sure hope they weren't plastic eggs. :ohdear:

I keep forgetting today is easter because of game of thrones. Is that bad?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

demozthenes posted:

Aw don't cry kid. The odiferous ghosts of the eggs will arise later, heralded by a mighty trumpet blast.

Truly an Easter miracle.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh man I pretty much kept forgetting it was both, but now I am excited for GoT. :neckbeard:

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

No, you just have your priorities straight. :colbert:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

All of the dogs in my wifes family have i.d. tags with the house crests on them from GoT. And they correspond to the dogs personality. It's getting a little ridiculous.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

I'm so looking forward to GoT! We don't get it for another day or so over here though :(

Here's my little angel

Showing his real side

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I don't think I'll ever get tired of pictures of your cloudpuppy, Zenithbliss. :kimchi: He looks like a cheeky chappy. How big do Samoyeds generally get?

Zenithbliss posted:

I'm so looking forward to GoT! We don't get it for another day or so over here though :(

Tomorrow, I think. Still sucks having to wait though. :(

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

It's officially 145 days since my girls were introduced to the rams so lambs should be here any time now. I ended up staying home for Easter instead of travelling to my parents' house and the storm the forecast was predicting is a light sprinkle so there's no way they're having them today. I need to take the dog to the vet tomorrow for some weird mouth problem he's having so I'll probably come home to 3 different ewes lambing.

Just pop them out already ladies! That can't be comfortable and you're driving me nuts.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Lola's still not back to 100%. She was only retching (and, later, puking) for a single day, and then yesterday she devoured her meals, but today she has been very reluctant to eat (she's eaten about a quarter of what she'd usually have in a day), and still very quiet. I hope she is just recovering from whatever's wrong with her, but if she's still quiet and not really eating I'll have to get her to the vets on Tuesday. :ohdear:

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

TVs Ian posted:

All of the dogs in my wifes family have i.d. tags with the house crests on them from GoT. And they correspond to the dogs personality. It's getting a little ridiculous.

I totally want to do this. Cambria could totally be a mini Stark direwolf.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Are we allowed to post Bo because holy poo poo look what came over the White House twitter...

I want to mooooosh his face.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
They made him loving faaaattttt

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Abby with her Moby Dick collar from 3pooches on Etsy. A woman I talked to online said she wasn't interested in seeing me since she had a cat (Abby isn't cat safe). I told her to teach the cat martial arts. I guess that's nicer than saying "let me know when your cat dies."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pandaid
Feb 9, 2004

RAWR

Captain Foxy posted:

They made him loving faaaattttt

That *could* be just his coat's cut. Maybe he's due for a trim or they let it get longer for the colder months. I mean, look at the poof on his bib.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Just LOVING the experience of living next door to a pair of retarded new puppy owners. The puppy shrieks A LOT, their approach to training consists entirely of "SIT! NO! SIT! NO! NO! SIT! NO! SIT! NO! SIT! NO! AAAAAARRRRGH SIT! NO!" and they snatched Hugo off the fence and shoved him in the new puppy's face to, I assume, get him used to cats. I approve in principle with the idea of getting dogs used to cats but hey, way to ask me first before grabbing my cat to use in your loving retarded haphazard approach to dog ownership you cunts.

E: \/\/\/ I wish that was my next door neighbours :( Honestly, I think dogs are rad and would not mind living next to one except that these guys are oblivious assholes and they are going to turn this pup into a neurotic, untrained mess.

Tamarillo fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 1, 2013

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:
My neighbors have a new-ish puppy, a Great Dane. He is in the awkward teenager stage where he is still figuring out how his limbs work. I have been very impressed with how they are training him. Our backyards are pretty big and they have been taking him around on a leash and teaching him commands. I never hear any yelling or any barking from him. Honestly, I have no idea how long they've had him because he is such a quiet dog and they don't just put him outside and let him bark at nothing. I was first made aware of his existence when I finished up a walk with my dogs and was in the driveway and they were taking him out. We let our dogs say hello and he was polite. Apple was a dick but only snapped once which is pretty good actually. Riley cried and wanted to play with him :3: so yeah, very impressed. I would love to bring Riley over there by herself because it would be great for the dog to learn and be exposed to such a calm tiny dog. I also need to tell them they are awesome.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
poo poo guys, I think Mouse might be pregnant.... D:.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

notsowelp posted:

poo poo guys, I think Mouse might be pregnant.... D:.

You were worried about that around this time last year too. Weird.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Today is Bailey's birthday (according to the shelter I got him from). He's 6 now, and if the cattledog part of him is any indication he'll hopefully be an annoying little poo poo for another 5 or so years. I'm planning on getting him a stupid birthday hat and some sort of dog cake or cookie this weekend and taking pictures of him. It'll also be "Happy Two Years Of Me Putting Up With Your Sorry rear end" day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Zoso's 9th birthday is 12 days away. I'm trying to think of something nice to get for him or do but since he's on a restricted diet (no treats/snacks) and could care less about most toys... and has the fanciest dog bed I'm willing to pay for, I don't know what we can do.

I can't believe he's going to be nine years old :ohdear: and Ed's going to be turning eight in June.

• Locked thread