Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Seriously would pay good money for a mod like this.

I loved the formations:

and attributes:

Even better if the play by play was spoken in old-timey Victorian speak too. Good reminder I need to start using the word "fizzing" to describe things more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God drat I want that to exist.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
i am so angry this is not real

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

trem_two posted:

Balotelli, Niang, and El Shaarawy on the train back from Verona.
haha i was on this train a couple months ago

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://www.leagueslider.com/premier-league-2012-13

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
That game would be amazing. Would you even be able to pick up cards? You get have the team set to brutal.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Ahahahahaha

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

This looks amazingly fun and I would buy it immediately. Natural Fitness 1, Skill 1, Ball Kicking 16 hahahaha

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Pepe Reina loves you, Thailand.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

:laugh:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

You should show the bottom half of the table to show how wrong he was about Wigan and Swansea too

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
I just made a random league position generator and randomised it once, producing this:

Three correct positions to Lawro's four. Of course he had the freedom to put Man Utd first.
Didn't Hulk Hogan get more scores correct in the weekly guessing game? And Hulkster predicted a 40-0 or something.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEFuq62-I

Whitehawk v Wealdstone

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

peanut- posted:

Is Arsenall-till-I-die Jack Wilshere actually a West Ham fan?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm pretty sure Lawro has been using his predictions to make his league table more accurate. Earlier in the season he was predicting Norwich to lose all the time so we were bottom or second bottom of his table, along with QPR we were the wrongest team in his table.

Now we can't score or win to save our lives, are in a ridiculously bad run of form and he's been predicting wins for us to balance out his earlier idiocy.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be fair, I don't think anyone suspected QPR to be QUITE this bad this year. They had a strong squad coming in and were playing decently at the end of last year.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Abu Dave posted:

To be fair, I don't think anyone suspected QPR to be QUITE this bad this year. They had a strong squad coming in and were playing decently at the end of last year.

I did.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
So did I

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Yeah I'm pretty sure almost everyone predicted QPR to go back down. Villa and Newcastle are probably the biggest surprises, I definitely didn't expect them to be so low.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:
I'd be amazed if everyone didn't have West Brom to go down before the start of the season

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Abu Dave posted:

I'm pretty sure that everyone thought they were doomed after replacing their entire first team or whatever. How much turnover was there over the summer and January window again?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Spiffeh posted:

I'd be amazed if everyone didn't have West Brom to go down before the start of the season

I didn't. They finished strong, bought well and brought in a very astute coach. Saying they were shoe ins for a relegation with the hilarious QPR, Reading coming up but not really strengthening much that summer and far worse teams than West Brom like Norwich (sorry BSE), Sunderland and Villa (were dire under McLeish, didn't buy much when Lambert came in) is a bit ludicrous to be honest.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Don't have to apologise WBA clearly are a much better team than Norwich. Even if I did predict them to go down like an idiot.

Some of what you say was evident though I'm not sure was at the start of the season. I can't remember anyone in the prediction thread saying Sunderland would go down, only a few people said Villa (maybe you were one of them Ninpo?), and there were plenty of people saying QPR would finish top half.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

The twist is that he had a Barca Overmars shirt. Barca DNA. Get him sold.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I bet 75% of Arsenal fans have no idea who Overmars is

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Screen Error posted:

Don't have to apologise WBA clearly are a much better team than Norwich. Even if I did predict them to go down like an idiot.

Some of what you say was evident though I'm not sure was at the start of the season. I can't remember anyone in the prediction thread saying Sunderland would go down, only a few people said Villa (maybe you were one of them Ninpo?), and there were plenty of people saying QPR would finish top half.

I honestly don't remember but I didn't at any point think Villa would be a given for "safe", even after appointing Lambert, the money situation spoke for itself. A top half finish for QPR I hope was laughed out of the thread.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Have a look, funnily enough I think only AVBadvertising called Villa going down.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: ^^^ Belge did too.

Just gonna post this for some posterity:

e: lol

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 2, 2013

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

A few did predict WBA to go down and I (sort of) understand why. Going from a hugely experienced manager like Roy to an experienced coach like Steve who had no management experience. You can see Steve's inexperience at times with his subs but other than that he's got us playing some nice stuff, defence has been much better since he came in.

I did always think we'd survive easily but didn't quite expect us to be 7th at this stage of the season, hopefully we can stay there.

E: Just realised this was the Photos/Videos thread, don't ban me Greg I can only apologise.

Thirteenth Step fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 2, 2013

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Ninpo posted:

So Pissflaps isn't Nostradamus?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ninpo posted:

e: lol

My predictions were made just so I could spell a bad word

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peanut- posted:

Have a look, funnily enough I think only AVBadvertising called Villa going down.

The current top five is as you called it, loving nice.

e: I think Dudley got the first sacking call correct by stating Hughes? Or did Di Matteo go before him? I don't recall.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 2, 2013

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you guys post my predictions

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Hell of a lot of people predicted WBA would go down. About a 50/50 split on people thinking QPR would go down vs finish comfortably midtable. Only one person predicting Sunderland to go down.

Here's some of my favourite predictions from it, good and bad:

quote:

Also anyone who thinks that Villa will not finish better than they did last season after replacing the worst manager in the premiership and getting their health back is insane.

quote:

I'm also a tad worried about Cisse running into the sophomore slump. Gut tells me he's going to get found out.

quote:

Villa will see dramatic improvement under Lambert while Norwich will see a corresponding decline

Now watch United win the league despite still not having a central midfield, and embarrass all of us who thought City would retain it.

quote:

This is it guys. The year when Everton are totally going to have a good start to the season.

quote:

Tottenham will not adapt to AvB's methods and he'll be chased out of England (again) after a disastrous start, never to return.

Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby will not play 10 full 90 minute league games start to finish between them.

quote:

QPR will be comfortably midtable.

Borini will be a good signing and will lead Liverpools charge into the top 4.

The Lambert effect will lead Villa to a top half finish, and see Norwich relegated.

quote:

Considering Paul Lambert carried Norwich along with Holt and Ruddy, I don't see how you could have AV finishing lower than them.

quote:

anyone who thinks Villa will get relegated after they survived despite suffering through horrible injuries and McLeish last season :stare:

quote:

Prediction - RVP becomes the next Torres-level transfer disaster.

quote:

-Biggest Player Value Increase - Dempsey

Blue Star Error fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 2, 2013

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

I had Villa, Souton and QPR going down.

Of course, I also had Arsenal winning and United dropping to 4th as a hopeful comedy gesture.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Not gonna name the posters? Poor show BSE, poor show.

Abu Dave posted:

Can you guys post my predictions

They were (shockingly, I know) all wrong.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly 100% thought United wouldn't qualify for Champions League.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Did I make any predictions? I hope not, I vaguely remember saying QPR would stay up and City would win the league and stupid things like that.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I don't think I posted in that thread but I didn't have United as winning the league. Think I said City again. The logic was that Rooney was due a poor season. I made the prediction before they signed RVP, but even then this has been one of Rooney's better years. Definitely had Reading going down though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
No idea why I predicted City to win the league, it seemed pretty obvious we'd weakened over the Summer and that United had strengthened, blind optimism I suppose.

• Locked thread