Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
4 Gunzerkers. 8 Gunnerrangs. Bazillions of Fight For Your Life. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

KidKrampus posted:

4 Gunzerkers. 8 Gunnerrangs. Bazillions of Fight For Your Life. :shepicide:

The best idea.

RE: pre-order heads. Are all characters you start supposed to get it, or just the first one? My soldier has it, but nothing else.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

delpheye posted:

The best idea.

RE: pre-order heads. Are all characters you start supposed to get it, or just the first one? My soldier has it, but nothing else.

Think all of them do, but I could be wrong.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Gaige and presumably Krieg don't get the Special Edition or Vault Veteran heads. Everybody else should get the head and skin the first time you start a save with them.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Everyone has the vault veteran but only my first character has the special edition one. this is disappointing.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

Everyone has the vault veteran but only my first character has the special edition one. this is disappointing.

I specifically remember my Assassin having the special edition head, and now my Siren does but Zero's lost it. I need to check my Commando and Gunzerker to see if they do because honestly I don't know. I just hope the glitch doesn't take my other heads.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
New codes:

PS3: CT5JB-XJ3X3-CCCWT-ZJKJJ-KJ9KB
WinPC/MAC: K3CBT-CT56C-ZC6TT-3BTTT-WJTRS
X360: C3CB3-FRHRR-JB9TR-W6TJB-CK3JF

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Seneschal posted:

I specifically remember my Assassin having the special edition head, and now my Siren does but Zero's lost it. I need to check my Commando and Gunzerker to see if they do because honestly I don't know. I just hope the glitch doesn't take my other heads.

I'm drunk and I know GBX's address(because I'm 15 miles from it). therefore I'm going to be a giant prick until someone either fixes this bullshit or tells me to gently caress off.

I love sunday nights.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Finished my first playthrough. Beat the Warrior easily (admittedly I cheesed the gently caress out of that fight) but I still can't kill Dukino's Mom.

Aside from the reduced loot drops compared to BL1, this game is a blast. Man did taking out first aid kits ramp up the difficulty level though. On the plus side I can now carry more guns.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Here are tomorrow's updates:

PS3:
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22127181-PlayStation-3-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

360:
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-Xbox-360-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

quote:

Fixed a bug where players were able to do far more damage than intended by exploiting a buff from the Evil Smasher.

quote:

Fixed an exploit involving Vladof rocket launchers that could result in having infinite ammo for any weapon.
:cheers:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

April 2, 2013: The day the music died. :911:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Father Wendigo posted:

April 2, 2013: The day the music died. :911:

Got that right. At least I got to abuse it one last time. drat beacon eating Thresher deserved it :colbert:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Ah, poo poo. That will make farming for pearlescents a lot more annoying.

Oh well.

The Bee is still kind of broken. Guns that don't list the number of pellets fired still have damage calculated incorrectly, and splash damage is calculated incorrectly with it as well. This is why the DP Harold + Bee is so broken, but of course that gun is broken even without the Bee.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress you Gearbox.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Faerunner posted:

gently caress you Gearbox.

Seriously? Since when was making bullet sponge enemies even spongier equate to "balancing"

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

abaddonis posted:

Seriously? Since when was making bullet sponge enemies even spongier equate to "balancing"

(that screenshot is from November, I just like to make sure everyone sees it repeatedly)

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Faerunner posted:

(that screenshot is from November, I just like to make sure everyone sees it repeatedly)
Was this from the Aliens: Colonial Marines launch kerfluffle? His A:CM twitter meltdown was the stuff of industry legend; I'm surprised anyone at Gearbox let him near a computer after he had his wife get onto her account to finger-wag the internet.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm totally fine with the ES Glitch fix if they change the drop rates to something more... non-MMO-esque.

And I'm still waiting on that "Knoxx level" DLC.

EDIT:

Ya know what? I don't give one hot poo poo about them fixing the ES Glitch, actually- every legendary I've found while grinding has been from the goddamn Treasure Room. gently caress your drop rates, Gearbox.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 2, 2013

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
Hey guys don't start getting upset about tomorrow and all of the changes (that I think are going to be amazing, personally) it's going to bring.

Watch this amazing April Fools video instead!

http://youtu.be/Xz0Wq10uel0

Also I've updated the OP with stuff regarding tomorrow and whatnot.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Just fix the really bad skills Gearbox. And make your drat superbosses more like Pete and less like the others.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ya know what? I don't give one hot poo poo about them fixing the ES Glitch, actually- every legendary I've found while grinding has been from the goddamn Treasure Room. gently caress your drop rates, Gearbox.

90% of my stuff came from there too, so hey I'm cool with no more ES glitch.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Anybody have the zebra skin for Zero they'd be willing to dupe? In return I can dupe my Dahl Predator skin I just unlocked for Salvadore and I have access to most level 50 legendaries.

Also if anyone is up to stomp a mudhole in Pete's rear end and collect some crystals for a little bit I will be on for the next half hour destroying him with the ES glitch while it's still viable.

360: kr0jar

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I just started using the Evil Smasher this last week, so I haven't had a chance to be done with it yet. I'll be on tonight farming Terramorphous or whatever I can do until it updates.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
So they balanced the bad guys as if we had the ES glitch... and killed the ES glitch.

Even punk "nothing" mobs are a pain to kill. Named are going to be BRUTAL.

This is solo, YMMV or teams MMV.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I lost over 10K badass rank in the title update, whelp I got through 3 updates without that happening so I guess it was good run. And they didn't "fix" the ES glitch as far as I can tell they just took away it's effect completely.

E: I'm pretty much walking around with my Norfleet out. I don't think they thought the quad health completely out for people playing solo.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 2, 2013

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Did they raise the cap on how much eridium you could carry? I haven't played in a long time and I thought the cap was 100, but I just picked up another brick and the ticker went to 101. Is there even any use for the stuff aside from the measly 4 it takes to get to Terramorphous?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
You can now carry 500, and there's extra stuff at Earl's to buy. 1 Ammo SDU, 2 backpack, 3 bank I believe.

Also, more raid bosses take more.

Tachikama
Nov 28, 2003

I think they buggered tier 3 on Pyro Pete's Bar Brawl. On THM its level 60 now with 62 level Badasses, and on even normal mode it's level 50 with 62's spawning. Looks like farming the bar for xp solo just got drat near impossible.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Did they raise the cap on how much eridium you could carry? I haven't played in a long time and I thought the cap was 100, but I just picked up another brick and the ticker went to 101. Is there even any use for the stuff aside from the measly 4 it takes to get to Terramorphous?

It goes up to 500 now with the patch- also added in the patch are extra SDUs for your bank/backpack- you have to buy 'em from Earl,though. Still not nearly enough storage space for my collection of dumb digital toys IMO. Another use for all that Eridium is spawning the SUPER SECRET raid boss in the Hammerlock DLC- you need approximately 90-99 to do that.

EDIT:
F, B

Also they just took away the Evil Smasher's effect entirely? Pretty lame fix, Gearbox, pretty lame.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Yeah UVHM feels pretty brutal for solo play. Tried it with my zero and my 30K damage Jakobs rifle with 180% critical plus a bee shield still took a minimum of two headshots to kill anything. Plus, now my gunzerker can't farm the tier 3 beatdown bar brawl anymore since the enemies all scaled up to lvl 61, even in TVHM.

On the bright side, they apparently fixed the deathtrap audio glitch though. That poo poo was annoying. So that's good I guess.

Edit: beaten to the beatdown

Tachikama
Nov 28, 2003

I am duel gunzerking with The Sham and two Topneea's and its like I am doing nothing on UVHM. I may not like this...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm not having too much trouble, but then again I'm playing a Siren with the Bee and DP Harold. And tons of slag potential. :v:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So the new mode is basically:

"UVHM: Slag or GTFO!"

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

Monkey Fracas posted:

So the new mode is basically:

"UVHM: Slag or GTFO!"

Yeah, pretty much. My gunzerker is doing ok. But he's dual wielding ravager shotguns, which means I have to get close, which means I go into FFYL far more often than I'd like. Also the enemy health regeneration is not as minor as they made it out to be.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
UVHM is amazing! Everything I wanted hard mode in this game to be.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I kept 15 gold keys just for this . Gonna open it once at every level and then a couple times at 61!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
I have the feeling I'm going to have nightmares tonight from what y'all are talking about.

That said, 30+ keys in reserve should help (hopefully). Perhaps sticking to Cataclysm as Maya through TVHM will pay off in UVHM with the slag.

Have any numbers come out yet as to whether they increased the resistances/vulnerabilities of the different elements?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ShadowedFlames posted:

I have the feeling I'm going to have nightmares tonight from what y'all are talking about.

That said, 30+ keys in reserve should help (hopefully). Perhaps sticking to Cataclysm as Maya through TVHM will pay off in UVHM with the slag.

Have any numbers come out yet as to whether they increased the resistances/vulnerabilities of the different elements?

Use fire. No seriously, use fire. I was getting stomped until I started using my incendiary Drummed Jolly Roger and now I'm just ripping through everything. Pack a shock weapon for the shields and you'll do just fine.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\EDIT/\/\/\
I like rolling with a fire weapon and offhand slag weapon/shock weapon on the 'zerker, it's pretty great. I've got a Slagga, now I need a Hellfire :getin:

It looks tough, but then again I'm a bit of a videogame masochist. I'm working on getting Gold on all of the VR Missions in MGR: Revengeance right now :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Fibby Boy posted:

Use fire. No seriously, use fire. I was getting stomped until I started using my incendiary Drummed Jolly Roger and now I'm just ripping through everything. Pack a shock weapon for the shields and you'll do just fine.

My normal loadout is a Consummate Hellfire, Shock Infinity, Corrosive Sledge's Shotgun, and I'll have to find a different fourth since I kept the Evil Smasher for dire emergencies (likely something slag while Phaselock is on cooldown). Just trying to picture how difficult the first set of Bullymongs/bandits are gonna be and judge from that.

EDIT: Monkey Fracas, if you're on 360 I could dupe my aforementioned Hellfire for you if you'd like.

• Locked thread