Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
Apparently there was a Misfits game but it's been removed from the store. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

Have you found the lamp?

I've found the lamp, I'm level 16, and the underground dead end(?) with Golems is the farthest I can seem to go.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Poke around behind the pillars. And the other pillars.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
I've gotten the three green gems, the hatchet, 3 logs from cutting down dead trees, the seedling, the warrior statue aaaaand I'm stuck again. This game is neat but a little too obtuse.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

Poke around behind the pillars. And the other pillars.

Thank you.

Bummey posted:

I've gotten the three green gems, the hatchet, 3 logs from cutting down dead trees, the seedling, the warrior statue aaaaand I'm stuck again. This game is neat but a little too obtuse.

Totally. Have you gotten the lamp? It's in the lava zone, but you need a couple things from the grassland.

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 2, 2013

Kwasimodick
Apr 2, 2013

by XyloJW
has anyone here tried Warping War Pig?
it's slow on iphone 4 and crashes ipad 2 but great on iphone 5!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warping-war-pig/id590069443?ls=1&mt=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae841uO4eOU

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
The OUYA thread is up there.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Totally. Have you gotten the lamp? It's in the lava zone, but you need a couple things from the grassland.

Nope. What? Where's the lamp? Spoil me!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Anyone heard any kind of updated date on the Phoenix Wright HD remake lately?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bummey posted:

Nope. What? Where's the lamp? Spoil me!

North of the lava zone start screen. You need to pass a few bridges full of ghosts, and bring the oil from the beach and the flame icon to light it. Then, with the lamp, you can traverse the dark tunnel.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
So there's a new app that let's you join and create servers with the Minecraft Pocket app. It even has built in voice chat. It's retarded. I'm going to pair my PS3 controller and see how it runs.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/multiplayer-for-minecraft-pe/id609704981?mt=8

Bummey
May 26, 2004

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

North of the lava zone start screen. You need to pass a few bridges full of ghosts, and bring the oil from the beach and the flame icon to light it. Then, with the lamp, you can traverse the dark tunnel.

I don't have either of those items! Aaa!

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
If you've found the pick, hit the beach. Flame's in lavaland, you've got all you need for it. If you haven't found the pick, retrace your steps and look more carefully for hidden paths.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Bummey posted:

Post pictures of ones you're not familiar with.

Do you know who the guy with the pink trousers and pink armbands is in the All American Wrestling Roster? He's at the top of the sixth column. I thought he was Bret or Owen Hart or Neidhart but they're all in the Canadian roster.

For anyone crazy enough to want to edit the names to match real life I found these three pages useful but be warned, they're not exhaustive and I'm not sure they're right!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1363269
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=167743&page=5
http://www.mdickie.com/wm2008_names.htm

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Is there a Tiny Tower thread? I have no idea what all the numbers and coloured tabs mean in the Bitizens menu. Also is there a reason to visit bros like in Happy Street, or is it just to check out the goofy names?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Not sure - but the numbers are their proficiency in the job, 1-9, which reduces the cost of restocking when they're employed in jobs of that colour. The coloured tabs sort the bitizens based on their proficiency in that colour (then by some secret voodoo that I'm sure is related to their seed). If a bitizen is employed in a job at which they have 4 or less proficiency then they'll be unhappy, which as far as I'm aware does nothing except help me sort out where my extras are using the happiness tab.

Apocron posted:

For anyone crazy enough to want to edit the names to match real life I found these three pages useful but be warned, they're not exhaustive and I'm not sure they're right!

http://www.mdickie.com/wm2008_names.htm
It's made by MDickie, so I figure his website is probably right about them :v:

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Corridor posted:

Is there a Tiny Tower thread? I have no idea what all the numbers and coloured tabs mean in the Bitizens menu. Also is there a reason to visit bros like in Happy Street, or is it just to check out the goofy names?

Might be in archives now. Don't remember specifically what the tabs you are referring to are, but there shouldn't be a reason to visit friends' towers except for fun.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Found it!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

It's made by MDickie, so I figure his website is probably right about them :v:

I think that list is from an older version of the game though so he has adapted certain names and other names are not even included. Brock Lesner for example I think is in a different stable with a different first name but still has Laser in his last name. In any case I couldn't use that list to translate all the names and had to use the other two lists as well.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Just got an email from Amazon about Jones on Fire for PC/Mac. Hopefully this marketing push helps.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

eeenmachine posted:

The game has received great reviews everywhere and has a 4.5 star rating on the App Store (and was selected Editor's Choice), you should probably expect a good number of people to talk about enjoying it. Also we've been considering the controls for 7 full months of development while you have been considering them for maybe an hour. I fully realize there are many different possible control methods that would work in such a game but we wanted to stick with the strongest one and perfect it as much as we could.

END OF DISCUSSION

The marketplace has voted. The game is excellent and it's a hit. There are always going to be nay-sayers.

Nice work.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

We are so over that, CVetEOmobileGame.

Big Bang Theory and Tyler Perry movies continue to make millions. Mass market success isn't an indicator of quality.

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

If you've found the pick, hit the beach. Flame's in lavaland, you've got all you need for it. If you haven't found the pick, retrace your steps and look more carefully for hidden paths.

No pick. Yuck. I really want to like this game but is it wrong to want a teensy bit more direction? I'll be the first person to criticize modern games for linear gameplay (linear / on rails isn't always bad, though) and hand holding but sometimes you do your game a disservice by making it this obtuse. Oh well, I'll give it some more time and then probably delete it.

Apocron posted:

Do you know who the guy with the pink trousers and pink armbands is in the All American Wrestling Roster? He's at the top of the sixth column. I thought he was Bret or Owen Hart or Neidhart but they're all in the Canadian roster.

I don't have the app so I can't even begin to guess, sorry.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 2, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bummey posted:

Big Bang Theory and Tyler Perry movies continue to make millions. Mass market success isn't an indicator of quality.

Bummey I like you but sometimes you have quite the stick up your rear end. :)

Who gives a gently caress about some overall objective metric of "quality". (and also who judges that, anyway??)

Lots of people like a game made... wait for it... to be liked by as many people as humanly possible.

Game = success and game = good on at least 2 very important metrics. The only remaining metric is if game = financially successful for developer.

Whether YOU like the game or not, is an entirely personal thing. You know?

I hate Tyler Perry and Big Bang Theory but somehow love Nimble Quest. So now what??

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Feenix posted:

Whether YOU like the game or not, is an entirely personal thing. You know?

That's sort of exactly what I meant. I was mostly poking at VetGameCEO than the Nimble Bros or anyone else. Y'all goons gotta stop being such goons and accept that people have their own preferences.

For the record I don't dislike NQ, but I also don't see myself playing it much. It's definitely more of a game but there's still the freemium grind and that turns me off.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 2, 2013

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Angry Bjorks is the only good game on iOS.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Bummey is the self anointed Roger Ebert of the iOS Games Megathread.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Angry Bjorks is the only good game on iOS.

I would play this. Two thumbs up.

el Brainvomito
Dec 30, 2008

by T. Finninho
This wasn't mentioned in OP, but is "We sort of need some testers for our game, is anyone interested?"-posts here okay or not?

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
If anyone cares, we're running a (test) contest between two colleges in Word Carnivale (iOS word search game). See the contest page on Facebook:

https://apps.facebook.com/wordcarnivalecontest

Open to all (pick a school etc.), good chance of winning a prize.

I figure instead of giving the advertising networks $$$, might as well give it to the players.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

el Brainvomito posted:

This wasn't mentioned in OP, but is "We sort of need some testers for our game, is anyone interested?"-posts here okay or not?

Many people have done it before. Contact Shalinor if you're worried, but you should be safe to post away.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

VideoGameVet posted:

If anyone cares, we're running a (test) contest between two colleges in Word Carnivale (iOS word search game). See the contest page on Facebook:

https://apps.facebook.com/wordcarnivalecontest

That's not the contest page. That's the App Page (aka the permission asker aka the data gatherer). Also, you're not eligible if you're in a bunch of states...

PlayScreen ToS posted:

PlayScreen's games of skill may not be played for cash prizes in the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon and Vermont and such other states where such play is not legally permitted.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Kwasimodick posted:

has anyone here tried Warping War Pig?
it's slow on iphone 4 and crashes ipad 2 but great on iphone 5!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warping-war-pig/id590069443?ls=1&mt=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae841uO4eOU

One of the worst iOS games I've ever played, although I think that's the point?

waste of internet
Sep 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Corridor posted:

I can't see how it would be a derail to talk about Tiny Tower ITT. It's not like there's a whole lot to talk about.

Smiley Face = sort bitizens by level of happiness.
Job = sort bitizens by employment first then happiness.

Job is basically what you use to see who is unemployed.

Checking out the racist goofy names is enough of a reason.

waste of internet fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 2, 2013

Bummey
May 26, 2004

waste of internet posted:

Checking out the racist goofy names is enough of a reason.

Naughty nimble bros

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

devilmouse posted:

That's not the contest page. That's the App Page (aka the permission asker aka the data gatherer). Also, you're not eligible if you're in a bunch of states...

Thanks for the heads up. That's for skill based games where there's 'consideration'. Not for the free stuff. We haven't launched paid games of skills.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Brogue just came out on the iPad (and not the iPhone :argh:)

This was mentioned awhile back without much reaction, but it's worth mentioning again. For anyone who likes roguelikes (and has an iPad), grab this. It's free. It's a good port of a really good game. Pretty accessible for those who aren't yet deep into roguelikes, too. Nice controls, you can drag to move, double tap to move, or use on-screen directional buttons. Also has an auto-explore button like Stone Soup does.

My only complaint is that it can feel a little sluggish, but the developer is working on making it snappier in the next version.

If you want to check out the PC version first, it's here. But the iPad version is free, so might just as well check it out on there.

Couple of screenshots:

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

el Brainvomito posted:

Dangit, why is today not April Fools. I could be all Aprils Foolsio.

Yes, it's fine, post away. Hopefully it won't suck (and if it does - you'll know).

Bummey posted:

For the record I don't dislike NQ, but I also don't see myself playing it much. It's definitely more of a game but there's still the freemium grind and that turns me off.
This is also me. I kind of got burned out on the grind. Even so, it's a fantastic game for mobile, I just find myself avoiding the grinders more lately.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 2, 2013

el Brainvomito
Dec 30, 2008

by T. Finninho

Shalinor posted:

Dangit, why is today not April Fools. I could be all Aprils Foolsio.

Yes, it's fine, post away. Hopefully it won't suck (and if it does - you'll know).
Yay, that's what we want to test! :v:

Go! Bee! Go! is a platform game with bit similar game mechanics as 10 000 000 had. We wanted to find out would platform games be catered better with that way and would it still have similar charm as platform games general. It's still raw, but we really need feedback to know is there potential in this concept and further more, who is really the target audience of the game.

So, if you are interested, here you can join our Testflight team. There will be feedback questioner/form in the game, so we hope we don't hijack the thread...at least not too much.

el Brainvomito fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 3, 2013

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Now I want someone to make a Henry Hatsworth style combo endless runner / match 3 game. Is that basically what this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I'm currently trying to decide between the iPad and iPad mini. Is there a significant in terms of gaming besides screen size? Say I wanted to play Avadon would the mini suffer in terms of gameplay?

• Locked thread