Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

The Duke posted:

Anybody have the zebra skin for Zero they'd be willing to dupe? In return I can dupe my Dahl Predator skin I just unlocked for Salvadore and I have access to most level 50 legendaries.

Also if anyone is up to stomp a mudhole in Pete's rear end and collect some crystals for a little bit I will be on for the next half hour destroying him with the ES glitch while it's still viable.

360: kr0jar

I believe I have that skin. That's the crouching tiger challenge one, right? gt: arkitekt4k

Haven't been able to play for a couple of days. Excited to see how hard the game is now. Also, just freed up 5 inventory slots since I don't have to hang on to a bunch of evil smashers now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
drat, they fixed my favorite gunzerker glitch that made every offhand fired bullet do over 100k when I had a certain launcher in my on hand.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I really hope they release Krieg early like with the mechromancer.
I really want to be a psycho vault hunter.

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.
I'd love to play with some goons. I'm glad there's finally a level cap increase. I also don't have a ton of awesome weapons/shields/relics, just the usual fare from before the Hammerlock DLC. :(

PSN ID: jobehaix

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Se7en Sins is reporting raid boss lockouts are back.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Is there anyone playing the 360 that happens to be on Toil and Trouble on the second play through? Or before that quest? I got glitched out of using the elevator (went up to the top after the ambush, stopped playing there, when I re-logged, I was at the start of Sawtooth Cauldron and the elevator was up at the top. No ambush). There doesn't seem to be a way to get to the top and I haven't found anyone around my level/quest through matchmaking. I'll gladly help with whatever is up to that, I just really want to finish the second playthrough. :( My GT on the 360 is iamjackduluoz.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

Se7en Sins is reporting raid boss lockouts are back.

I've got enough crystals to buy whatever and just dashboard out so I can do it again, suck it Gearbox. How frustrated must they be that there's just nothing they can do about duping?

My single-player game balance :qq:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I bought the DLC and I'll be on tonight figuring out upgrade paths. I was able to finish PT1 with my siren last night at lvl30 so if things start getting too rough in the expansion I'll gladly host an easier TVHM session.

Edit: You can replay story missions? I'm going to run through the Torgue DLC a hundred times tonight.
Feel free to jump in! xboxGT: R0BERTC0P

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 2, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

Edit: You can replay story missions? I'm going to run through the Torgue DLC a hundred times tonight.
Feel free to jump in! xboxGT: R0BERTC0P

Only in the new ultimate mode, or in someone else's game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Geokinesis posted:

I really hope they release Krieg early like with the mechromancer.
I really want to be a psycho vault hunter.

Does nobody here have him already? I thought they gave away unlock codes for him at PAX or something, someone in SA-Mart was selling one.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

raditts posted:

Does nobody here have him already? I thought they gave away unlock codes for him at PAX or something, someone in SA-Mart was selling one.

I assume you can't redeem the code yet, he's probably still being tested and poo poo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Anyone on 360 having difficulties downloading the updates? Buddy of mine can't the the bit from the downloadable content menu because it keeps telling him the content is unavailable at the this time. He also had two of his characters corrupted because of this.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man, I thought I was done with BL2 until they released more actual story DLC. But... I actually can't wait to jump back in and bang my head against UVHM. Hey, something has to be able to stand up to my Gunzerker. I cannot wait to get more skill points so I can max out (or at least put a few points in) every firing rate and non-ammo-consumption related skill.

Now witness the firepower of this fully operational Rough Rider Gunzerker Build!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

delpheye posted:

I believe I have that skin. That's the crouching tiger challenge one, right? gt: arkitekt4k

Haven't been able to play for a couple of days. Excited to see how hard the game is now. Also, just freed up 5 inventory slots since I don't have to hang on to a bunch of evil smashers now.

The zebra skin you get for completing I Like My Monsters Rare with Zero. The Dahl Predator skins come from crouching AR kills (a lot of them). Speaking of that, I would also love the DP skin for any of the other classes if anyone has them!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

ah ok. I had them mixed up. someone duped me the Zer0 predator skin, so I have that. would def like to get ym hands on the rest of them. I'm currently working on getting the Axton one, but I don't know if I'll have the patience to do it for more than one character.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

They fixed the Siren invulnerability glitch too. Farming is going to get a lot shittier now.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm happy they're fixing a lot of this stuff. It was definitely nice to be able to go farm whatever, and it was pretty funny to have out of control infinity stacks to kill raid bosses in 3 seconds but it made the game trivial.

Rocketzerker is more fun anyway.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

delpheye posted:

I'm happy they're fixing a lot of this stuff. It was definitely nice to be able to go farm whatever, and it was pretty funny to have out of control infinity stacks to kill raid bosses in 3 seconds but it made the game trivial.

Rocketzerker is more fun anyway.

Hey you know how you can avoid making the game too trivial? Don't use it!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Faerunner posted:

Hey you know how you can avoid making the game too trivial? Don't use it!

Hold up, let me go tell everybody online this wonderful idea. Wait, nobody wants to play multiplayer now? But.....

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Hold up, let me go tell everybody online this wonderful idea. Wait, nobody wants to play multiplayer now? But.....

You replied with words to me but failed to reply to anything in my post. Good job.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Faerunner posted:

You replied with words to me but failed to reply to anything in my post. Good job.

"Don't use things that make the game trivial" Alright, let me go online and play multiplayer. "Oh hey dude, I see you're using the evil smasher glitch. Could you not do that? Take the fun out for me since I don't get to shoot things while you rampage through everything. Aww he left." Repeat ad nauseum. Saying don't use something is just telling him to play single player only.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

"Don't use things that make the game trivial" Alright, let me go online and play multiplayer. "Oh hey dude, I see you're using the evil smasher glitch. Could you not do that? Take the fun out for me since I don't get to shoot things while you rampage through everything. Aww he left." Repeat ad nauseum. Saying don't use something is just telling him to play single player only.

I know, finding friends to play with or other people with your playstyle is hard :( Let's just be happy when things get nerfed because gently caress those assholes who used them.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Faerunner posted:

I know, finding friends to play with or other people with your playstyle is hard :( Let's just be happy when things get nerfed because gently caress those assholes who used them.

Maybe he doesn't have any friends who play the game? I don't get it. Fixing bugs in single player games is generally wanted but in this game it's some sort of personal offense by gearbox.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
5 Golden Keys, no expiration date listed, probably based on X number of redemptions.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
KBWTB-T6XSC-JJHBF-WXBJJ-WRWKF

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
C3KTB-F6ZKB-KC5WJ-ZTKJ3-XC569

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

Maybe he doesn't have any friends who play the game? I don't get it. Fixing bugs in single player games is generally wanted but in this game it's some sort of personal offense by gearbox.

Not so much a "bug" as an "exploit". I mean, it's unintended, sure, but people here were using it mostly as a means to take out raid bosses and farm poo poo to counterbalance what they saw as unfairly low drop rates on the best items. I would think the game would be a little better if they stopped being so drat stingy with the legendary drops- and they may have actually fixed that in UVHM, we'll see.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Not so much a "bug" as an "exploit". I mean, it's unintended, sure, but people here were using it mostly as a means to take out raid bosses and farm poo poo to counterbalance what they saw as unfairly low drop rates on the best items. I would think the game would be a little better if they stopped being so drat stingy with the legendary drops- and they may have actually fixed that in UVHM, we'll see.

Well yeah I can get on the fixing the drop rates thing since I've got a problem with those too. I'm just annoyed that whenver I see something being fixed there's a usual "gently caress you gearbox" stream of angry comments and most advice on killing the raid bosses is "use the bee/evil smasher glitch" or nothing at all. Then there's the whole multiplayer thing I mentioned with people without friends who play the game having problems finding others who won't just rampage through everything via exploit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It was a legitimate bug, just one that benefitted the player rather than, say, making the game crash. That was obviously not how the weapon was meant to behave, exploits are bugs by nature.

It's a shame some parts of the game will now become inaccessible without putting together a party of 4 top characters, though.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Just got my first new E-tech Relic. They seem to be slightly less than existing relics (And my current level anyway), but contain combos which didn't exist before.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

Well yeah I can get on the fixing the drop rates thing since I've got a problem with those too. I'm just annoyed that whenver I see something being fixed there's a usual "gently caress you gearbox" stream of angry comments and most advice on killing the raid bosses is "use the bee/evil smasher glitch" or nothing at all. Then there's the whole multiplayer thing I mentioned with people without friends who play the game having problems finding others who won't just rampage through everything via exploit.

Trying to play with pubbies is a waking nightmare, anyway- it is certainly gauche to go online and use the game-breaking exploit to steamroll everything in your path, but I don't think I've ever played with pubbies that weren't assholes in ways besides that.

Besides the widely derided drop rates, Gearbox also created a lot of neckbeard bad blood by making the first few Raid bosses (in the first DLC, anyway) utter bullshit to try and fight. Hyperious has a gigantic arena-wide shockwave that near kills your rear end (and he sometimes does it twice in a row) and Gee just isn't fun and takes forever.

(Not related to this game, but the company also brought a lot of bad vibes their way by way of their sneaky handling of the press releases before that turd of an Aliens game was released and by their childish antics on social media outlets. People just start to look for things to poo poo on when you behave like that. I still love BL2, but they certainly could have handled some things better.)

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Just got my first new E-tech Relic. They seem to be slightly less than existing relics (And my current level anyway), but contain combos which didn't exist before.

I will squeal with glee the moment I find a Maliwan damage bonus plus SMG accuracy or rocket launcher reload. Hell, I want there to be gold relics now. JESUS GOD ADJUST THE LOOT TABLES WILL YOU. I like having the gear I've gotten, but I would have really liked to have found most of it myself.

On a side note, I ran into a level 52 Bullyrott, and died almost instantly. But I'm happy enough with my experience bar being active again that I don't even care. Respawning is only money, and it's mostly useless in the game anyway.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Monkey Fracas posted:

Besides the widely derided drop rates, Gearbox also created a lot of neckbeard bad blood by making the first few Raid bosses (in the first DLC, anyway) utter bullshit to try and fight. Hyperious has a gigantic arena-wide shockwave that near kills your rear end (and he sometimes does it twice in a row) and Gee just isn't fun and takes forever.

Even Terramorphous was ridiculous until the cc/bee exploit was discovered. A friend and I tried to beat him at least 100 times on normal vault hunter mode. Every fight ended with Terra knocking us both down with a wild swing that covered half the zone and then going underground (with all the tentacles) until we died. That or just flick us off the side of the mountain if his health got too low. Hyperious was untouchable. Pyro Pete was the only raid boss that was fun to sink time into. He's difficult to beat, but he and Voradicious are the only ones (Gee to a MUCH lesser extent, neither of the other 2 at all) to feature a fight that relied on communication, strategy, and environmental awareness to bring down. And Dexiduous was just plain stupid, but I liked the theory of summoning him by having to find and light all the fires instead of just depositing 4E and pulling the lever. Hopefully Pyro and Vora are the models for the Raids in the next DLC.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Hyperius isn't a bad raid boss. He has a really hard set of attacks, but he calls out his nova and it's clear when you can and can't attack him. Gee is the only one I can think of who sucks. Pete is definitely the best to fight though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Terramorphous can be beaten solo if you just abuse the 2 spots where he can't hurt you. That's how I beat him the first time. I didn't even have a Bee or Conference Call. It took me a while to get used to the pattern but if you know where to go and when to do it the only thing you have to worry about is the tentacles that spawn in places where they can hurt you. Only other thing you have to worry about is running out of ammo. That's just a matter of taking a calculated risk when he goes underground and there are no tentacles.

All the other raid bosses are complete bullshit though and I have no shame about using the ES glitch to beat them.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ultimate dumb-rear end question time... How do I start UTVH Mode with my level 50 dude? I'm in whatever the previous hardest mode was in Hammerlock's DLC.

I just don't want to lose or overwrite my character like a dildo...

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Ultimate dumb-rear end question time... How do I start UTVH Mode with my level 50 dude? I'm in whatever the previous hardest mode was in Hammerlock's DLC.

I just don't want to lose or overwrite my character like a dildo...

Select your character then select UVHM.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So wait what got added this week? I'm a little lost. E-tech relics, the new difficulty, and the new character levels?

Starz
Sep 7, 2003

I figure this is a good time to get back into the game. Would anyone be willing to dupe some good items for me? GT is Starzipan.

I would really appreciate it. I am a level 50 soldier who likes to run assault rifles/pistols/smgs. I have no legendaries, I don't have the time or drive to farm for some of that stuff but I sure would like to have it.

I wish Gearbox would adjust the drop rates for people like me who don't want to grind for poo poo.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Starz posted:

I figure this is a good time to get back into the game. Would anyone be willing to dupe some good items for me? GT is Starzipan.

I would really appreciate it. I am a level 50 soldier who likes to run assault rifles/pistols/smgs. I have no legendaries, I don't have the time or drive to farm for some of that stuff but I sure would like to have it.

I wish Gearbox would adjust the drop rates for people like me who don't want to grind for poo poo.

I'll dupe some stuff for you later when I get home. Also good news, gamefaqs hates "casuals" like you.

So apparently they're going to break the infinite bank because..... They won't give a reason why.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh god, I knew this day was coming- all my lvl 50 legendaries will soon be useless to my main characters. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ann crap ultimate mode is not available to me...

Best guess: I've beaten True VHM in a friend's game but not my own... Do I seriously have to slog through True to get ultimate??! I am level 50, etc.... :(

• Locked thread