Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Would anyone be able to set up my Necromancer, Choriok, with a set of Abstruse? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I updated ZlizUI to support over 100k HP without truncating the numbers.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Does anyone have any Minor Nebulous Dream Fragments for the level 86 HoT Rank 2 spells? I just hit 86 on my enchanter and would like to upgrade some of my new spells if possible.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

JustJeff88 posted:

Does anyone have any Minor Nebulous Dream Fragments for the level 86 HoT Rank 2 spells? I just hit 86 on my enchanter and would like to upgrade some of my new spells if possible.
Yeah I have tons, try sending me (Zliz) a mail in-game or hit me up while I'm online and I can parcel you some.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

Tomahawk posted:

Would anyone be able to set up my Necromancer, Choriok, with a set of Abstruse? I'd greatly appreciate it.

I sent you some stuff the other day, not sure if I sent everything though.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
My 3 man team of Cleric, War, Enchanter is catching up to my 2 man SK/Druid. I was thinking of switching out the Enchanter for the Druid (They are on the same account) and going Cleric, Warrior, Druid. Any thoughts or opinions?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Comfortador posted:

My 3 man team of Cleric, War, Enchanter is catching up to my 2 man SK/Druid. I was thinking of switching out the Enchanter for the Druid (They are on the same account) and going Cleric, Warrior, Druid. Any thoughts or opinions?

Go bard.

It's really easy when you use Isboxer.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Go bard.

It's really easy when you use Isboxer.

Tooncez is on the Warrior/SK account you JERK!

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004

Comfortador posted:

stick with the enchanter. you're going to lose haste, clarity, rune, mez, slow, charm, and a ton of other utility. also, i don't know what level you are, but if you plan on doing anything 90+ then you're going to want that enchanter. the only box group where a druid is useful includes either a mage or a necro and even then, cleric or shaman is probably a better choice.

druid/enchanter duo's used to be really really good though. they might still be.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zombones posted:

stick with the enchanter. you're going to lose haste, clarity, rune, mez, slow, charm, and a ton of other utility. also, i don't know what level you are, but if you plan on doing anything 90+ then you're going to want that enchanter. the only box group where a druid is useful includes either a mage or a necro and even then, cleric or shaman is probably a better choice.

I'm curious, what does a Druid do that enhances a Mage/Necro?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Does anyone know what's up with Drakkin and faction? I'm going to play either a drakkin Magician or Necromancer heard that the necromancers are KOS in both Overthere and FV - are there are old world factions that are just going to clown me for worshipping veeshan?

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004

Medullah posted:

at higher levels mage and necro pets can tank better than most actual tanks and the druids ability to heal/dot/nuke compliments those two classes pretty well. shaman is just as good, for the slow, but sometimes burning something down faster is just as efficient. also pet kiting used to be a thing; having a druid kite a mob around while the pet attacks it from behind but i don't know how viable that is now that most things summon.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
druids have a spell that increases spell damage on a target. so really they enhance all caster-related dps. mage/nec/wiz being the primary non-melee magic doers.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Medullah posted:

They have debuffs that cause increased damage from spells, their buff has mana regen, they have aura's that add a nuke to any damage spell you cast, and they have AA lines that I'm not too familiar with that are cooldowns for casters. They also have some neat buffs that proc off of tanks to do some more dps.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Druid is just a very versatile box for casters. You got decent dps (for a priest class), enough utility healing wise for any situation, fire/ice debuffs, DoTs, a nuke aura (doesn't stack with reiterate unfortunately), paralytic spores way later and can adapt to pretty much any situation on the fly. With the way mobs mitigate slow these days debuffs are nearly as good anyway. If my BST/Bard combo wasn't enough for 95% of RoF named I'd probably do Dru/Mag(Nec) for boss stomping. Necro pet tanks worse but is more ideal for RoF content since pulling is back as a role if you want to kill any named worth a poo poo.

If I had my choice out of those, I'd go for the SK/Enc but I really don't like any of your choices to be honest. :x

Tanking and main healing on one box sucks, two healers aren't good unless you're clearing a zone of named after a crash/reset and clerics do the worst dps out of the priests. Not having anyone who can pull is going to gently caress you too, and I REALLY dislike the tank as the puller in the first place.

EDIT: Also you're the guy who's been afk in Paw? You are extremely lucky I didn't choose to train you for picking such a dumb spot to AFK. If I can find you afking in <1 minute, you've picked a bad spot. There's at least 3 good spots where it isn't so obvious in there and they aren't even along the main roamer highway.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I take minimal mobs, people don't care. I've been there for a month now I think. (with different characters)

I didn't know the goal was hiding from people. :)

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Does anyone know what's up with Drakkin and faction? I'm going to play either a drakkin Magician or Necromancer heard that the necromancers are KOS in both Overthere and FV - are there are old world factions that are just going to clown me for worshipping veeshan?
IIRC, Veeshan-worshippers are pretty much neutral in most places - more or less the same as agnostic. Most necros are KOS because they're forced to worship one of the evil gods.

This is me trying to remember stuff from a dozen years back, mind you, so don't take it as gospel. :v:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

BJA posted:

I sent you some stuff the other day, not sure if I sent everything though.

Yes, I got your care package of RoF gear I believe it was. Thank you so much!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Comfortador posted:

I take minimal mobs, people don't care. I've been there for a month now I think. (with different characters)

Play on zek and afk so i can steal your peeveepee points

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

I Love You! posted:

Play on zek and afk so i can steal your peeveepee points

Hah Rallos is a different matter entirely. I went to the most obscure areas to level cause the big bad PK would get trained and hunted to the ends of the earth. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Hah Rallos is a different matter entirely. I went to the most obscure areas to level cause the big bad PK would get trained and hunted to the ends of the earth. :)

I Love You! knows us pretty well, though I can never remember his character names. He gave me poo poo for leaving for Test.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
This is maybe a long shot, but is there anyone who plays on test or can copy that can request Ashengate North raids? That flagging process looks like a big pile of poo poo and I just want the high elf illusion clicky. :(

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Is there something going on with the Login server this morning?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Stanos posted:

Druid is just a very versatile box for casters. You got decent dps (for a priest class), enough utility healing wise for any situation, fire/ice debuffs, DoTs, a nuke aura (doesn't stack with reiterate unfortunately), paralytic spores way later and can adapt to pretty much any situation on the fly. With the way mobs mitigate slow these days debuffs are nearly as good anyway. If my BST/Bard combo wasn't enough for 95% of RoF named I'd probably do Dru/Mag(Nec) for boss stomping. Necro pet tanks worse but is more ideal for RoF content since pulling is back as a role if you want to kill any named worth a poo poo.

My incredibly biased opinion is very much in favor of druids in any group combos.

I can't really speak for splitting my attention 3 ways in exp groups, but in groups full of real players I can compete with some of the best rogues in the game on sustained dps parses with a bard and shm in group. At least untill I have to start sneaking in med breaks because everyone else has burst mana/endurance regen abilities. gently caress my Quiet Miracle-less life. One of the nice things about druid's dps is that we can carry a lot of our adps with us. We have smaller versions of some of the bard/enc adps effects as spells/AAs/clickies so we don't lose as much when those are missing.

Healing, blah blah blah, it's boring because it has less cool things going on. All 3 priests can that portion of the role, so look at what else they can do along with effort vs returns if you're going to be lazily boxing them.

Having a dedicated puller is a lot less needed these days, with so many classes having a fade. Between fades, snares, roots, mezes, grabs, pacifies, and pushes, any two people should be able to pull just about anything. Maybe not as pretty or as easily as an SK, bard or monk, but you can get it done.

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012
Is the Mage 1.0 worth doing these days? I plan on getting to at least 71 as soon as possible, but I can buy some of the components in FV before copying over to make it a little easier.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

VenimeuxHaine posted:

Is the Mage 1.0 worth doing these days? I plan on getting to at least 71 as soon as possible, but I can buy some of the components in FV before copying over to make it a little easier.

Both mage epics aren't worth doing nowadays unless you want them for the looks or are going to stay in the very short window of levels that they are useful. The 1.0 is only good before 61 and the 1.5/2.0 is actually a dps hit post 75.

Talk to Marshe before you copy over. I may have some stuff you would like to copy for the mage.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Malt posted:

Both mage epics aren't worth doing nowadays unless you want them for the looks or are going to stay in the very short window of levels that they are useful. The 1.0 is only good before 61 and the 1.5/2.0 is actually a dps hit post 75.

Talk to Marshe before you copy over. I may have some stuff you would like to copy for the mage.

I also have a few things. One of our rogues has a warrior on Live that he copies for Quillmane cloak, but he has not been around in weeks.

My collecting of level 92 gear is going well, but it has rather drained my coffers - can anyone send Tingal a pile of platinum on Test? Also, thank you to Slowdive for the Minor Alaran Cantrips for my level 91 spells, but does anyone have Lesser Alaran Cantrips for the level 92 ones? I think that that is the last level that I can get spells without getting my language skills up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

Also, thank you to Slowdive for the Minor Alaran Cantrips for my level 91 spells, but does anyone have Lesser Alaran Cantrips for the level 92 ones? I think that that is the last level that I can get spells without getting my language skills up.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5978

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5979

Do those two quests, takes all of an hour and congrats, 100 Alaran.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

I actually bookmarked those and plan to do them, but I still need the cantrips.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Are most goons still playing on Test?

I was planning on picking a server so I can find groups but I have a feeling every server is going to be empty before lvl 80.

Velvis
Aug 18, 2005

Corn tastes good.

JustJeff88 posted:

I also have a few things. One of our rogues has a warrior on Live that he copies for Quillmane cloak, but he has not been around in weeks.

My collecting of level 92 gear is going well, but it has rather drained my coffers - can anyone send Tingal a pile of platinum on Test? Also, thank you to Slowdive for the Minor Alaran Cantrips for my level 91 spells, but does anyone have Lesser Alaran Cantrips for the level 92 ones? I think that that is the last level that I can get spells without getting my language skills up.

I have cantrips. Who are you?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Clinton1011 posted:

Are most goons still playing on Test?

I was planning on picking a server so I can find groups but I have a feeling every server is going to be empty before lvl 80.
Yup, almost all of us are on Test. Test isn't the most populated server, but it's decent, and totally free of course.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Yea that was a big factor as well. Last time me and a few friends played we got to 95 and tier 4 of the VOA expansion but didn't have much fun. I want to go through all the old school zones and take my time leveling up and exploring zones I haven't gone to much since they first came out.

Don't know how many people I will be able to get to join me but I plan on playing a Mage, that with a healer merc seems like I could do a great deal of content solo.

I have been considering boxing something else and using a tank merc on that character. I'm leaning towards an enchanter, normally I wouldn't want to box an enchanter but with how easy it is to play a mage that combo doesn't sound all that bad.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Clinton1011 posted:

Yea that was a big factor as well. Last time me and a few friends played we got to 95 and tier 4 of the VOA expansion but didn't have much fun. I want to go through all the old school zones and take my time leveling up and exploring zones I haven't gone to much since they first came out.

Don't know how many people I will be able to get to join me but I plan on playing a Mage, that with a healer merc seems like I could do a great deal of content solo.

I have been considering boxing something else and using a tank merc on that character. I'm leaning towards an enchanter, normally I wouldn't want to box an enchanter but with how easy it is to play a mage that combo doesn't sound all that bad.

I'm still trying to consider what to level, I was thinking either a mage, necromancer, or beastlord. If you're leveling as a mage, I'll probably go as one of the latter two. What level are you?

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
I'm a lvl 9 mage / chanter combo in game as Quickben and Salk.

I'll take a break for a bit as you create your character and get a few levels. Do the tutorial to grab fast lvls early on.

VVV Edit: O yea do that and we will both be 25

Clinton1011 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 2, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Clinton1011 posted:

I'm a lvl 9 mage / chanter combo in game as Quickben and Salk.

I'll take a break for a bit as you create your character and get a few levels. Do the tutorial to grab fast lvls early on.

If you're playing on Test, just type "/testbuff" and watch your levels go up even quicker. :)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Comfortador posted:

The official SOE stance has been: as long as you arent disrupting the zone for other players they dont give a poo poo about afk mercing. Theres been dudes afk in katta castrum for literally years

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Velvis posted:

I have cantrips. Who are you?

Tingal on Test. I only need 8 Cantrips for my Rank 2 spells at 92, then I am going to stop leveling for a while and catch up on AA as time permits.

No More Heroes posted:

The official SOE stance has been: as long as you arent disrupting the zone for other players they dont give a poo poo about afk mercing. Theres been dudes afk in katta castrum for literally years

At times, good AFKing spots have been a topic of considerable discussion. I always like to hear about places to go for that sort of thing. It kind of says something, not too flattering perhaps, about EQ that it is so grind-tastic even after so many years, so many changes, and with double exp on Test, that people would want to do that sort of thing. There may well be better ways (I did a short quest in Shard's Landing on my enchanter and got 11% regular exp at 91) to level up - via tasks and the like - but I think that myself and a lot of other people are just into the grind mentality of EQ and do not know how to break out of it.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

JustJeff88 posted:

At times, good AFKing spots have been a topic of considerable discussion. I always like to hear about places to go for that sort of thing. It kind of says something, not too flattering perhaps, about EQ that it is so grind-tastic even after so many years, so many changes, and with double exp on Test, that people would want to do that sort of thing. There may well be better ways (I did a short quest in Shard's Landing on my enchanter and got 11% regular exp at 91) to level up - via tasks and the like - but I think that myself and a lot of other people are just into the grind mentality of EQ and do not know how to break out of it.

Why would you not want to do that sort of thing? I'm not sure what it says about anything, it's like logging out in an inn in WoW to gain rested bonus. Walk to a place where you will wake up in the morning with extra AA points? Why the hell not?

I don't see that reflecting negatively on the game in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's only a negative if it's all you do, really. I got zero problems with afk mercin (considering I did it before myself :v:) as long as you're not causing a disturbance to me or you aren't in a camp I want. That's why I suggested something more secluded that people wouldn't be tempted to train you at. Obviously this isn't a problem later but it was especially bad in Paw for a while where there was at least 2 afk trios constantly on the highway to remove every time I dragged my box crew there.