Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Holy poo poo that's loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

anotherblownsave posted:

Holy poo poo, any word on prices?

Based on past years, 120-140$ per pack, 1400$ per 2 box case(10 packs), 6500$ ish per 10 box master case

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sorry for intruding on the hockey card thread, but Dark do you work at a card shop? I'm looking for some Upper Deck SP Authentic and Game Used Golf(I know I know).

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

mattfl posted:

Sorry for intruding on the hockey card thread, but Dark do you work at a card shop? I'm looking for some Upper Deck SP Authentic and Game Used Golf(I know I know).

Nope, I get all my product from online distributors. Also hahaahahaahha golf. Can we interest you in some pro bull riding cards?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

darkwolf220 posted:

Nope, I get all my product from online distributors. Also hahaahahaahha golf. Can we interest you in some pro bull riding cards?

Check out what the auto or 2001-ish Tiger Woods stuff goes for, especially if it's graded. And that's only going to go back up now that he doesn't suck. The Phil Mickelson stuff is nothing to sneeze at either.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Check out what the auto or 2001-ish Tiger Woods stuff goes for, especially if it's graded. And that's only going to go back up now that he doesn't suck. The Phil Mickelson stuff is nothing to sneeze at either.

I didn't say it was not worth money.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

I was going to buy a few boxes of 12 SP Golf from dacardworld and they were throwing in a free box of the pro bull riding cards! :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

As promised, cards mailed today. Again, sorry for the delay. Next break is TBD. I think I am going to be doing a few smaller ones. Maybe not cost wise, but more concentrated products. As much as I am sure everyone would love their 8th copy of Erik Condra's Pinnacle rookie, the sheer mass of cards is daunting both from a shipping cost and sorting standpoint. I still plan to provide good value and quality products though. Stand by for details in the ~near future.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

darkwolf220 posted:

As promised, cards mailed today. Again, sorry for the delay. Next break is TBD. I think I am going to be doing a few smaller ones. Maybe not cost wise, but more concentrated products. As much as I am sure everyone would love their 8th copy of Erik Condra's Pinnacle rookie, the sheer mass of cards is daunting both from a shipping cost and sorting standpoint. I still plan to provide good value and quality products though. Stand by for details in the ~near future.

Sounds good man. You feeling any better?

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

I've started making a few 1/1 special memorabilia/sketch cards (inspired by leaf best of) that can be a part of the next break. They are really terrible good!

Edit: And it's taking all I have not to buy up all the terrible Leaf Best Of Hockey sketch cards. Man some of them are terrible.

Eating the Pudding fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 1, 2013

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I saw that disgusting poo poo. It makes it a lot harder to search ebay for 1/1s and filter it only buy it nows, recently posted to try and pick up poo poo on the cheap because someone was dumb or typoed. Bad enough having someone list the first or last of series as a 1/1, now we have this garbage being technically a 1/1

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

What, those cards are amazing!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDDIE-SHORE...=item1e78f2c2eb

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

I saw that disgusting poo poo. It makes it a lot harder to search ebay for 1/1s and filter it only buy it nows, recently posted to try and pick up poo poo on the cheap because someone was dumb or typoed. Bad enough having someone list the first or last of series as a 1/1, now we have this garbage being technically a 1/1

I want to point out, some of them are very nice.

Few examples

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2013-Leaf-Be...1#ht_500wt_1414

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2013-LEAF-BE...1#ht_500wt_1414

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/13-LEAF-BEST...1#ht_631wt_1397

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/13-LEAF-BEST...1#ht_631wt_1397

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Got my cards, thanks again Darkwolf. My wife is a huge Marleau fan, she's pretty in love with the dude. I said hey look what I got and handed her the Marleau gamme worn jersey and she sniffs it.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Whale Cancer posted:

Got my cards, thanks again Darkwolf. My wife is a huge Marleau fan, she's pretty in love with the dude. I said hey look what I got and handed her the Marleau gamme worn jersey and she sniffs it.

Oh god dude that Marleau swatch it pit-vent too. Your wife may as well have stuffed her face in Patty's steamy crevasse itself.

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

Mine came in too! Thanks again!

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Oh god dude that Marleau swatch it pit-vent too. Your wife may as well have stuffed her face in Patty's steamy crevasse itself.

Oh yeah She knows hahaha.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Joe Thornton's bobbling head, cheesy smile, and lazy eyes will be watching me as I sleep tonight.....

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Quantrill posted:

Joe Thornton's bobbling head, cheesy smile, and lazy eyes will be watching me as I sleep tonight.....

:flashfap:

In lighter news, MRI is tomorrow, maybe if they look hard they can find a trace of a brain :ohdear:

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Got mine in the mail as well! The Gaborik mini-jersey is awesome, and the extras you sent for a first break are incredible. Loving the look of the Pacific cards and having some great flashbacks of my return to the hobby. Thanks!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Schremp Howard posted:

Got mine in the mail as well! The Gaborik mini-jersey is awesome, and the extras you sent for a first break are incredible. Loving the look of the Pacific cards and having some great flashbacks of my return to the hobby. Thanks!

No probs, glad you like it, make sure to share that Sharks swag with your bro ;)

Also guys, a coworker heard I was in to hockey cards so she brought me her little brother's old collection to appraise/give her whatever money it is worth. Frankly it is all 90s crap highlighted by a Darren Puppa electric ice (no it is NOT for trade) and a Score Gold Line holo of Pierre Turgeron. But the real treasure is not what is in the binder, it IS the binder. Feast your eyes on this:

loving. Awesome.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Oh man you got a Jumbo Bobblehead! jealous.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Welp I didnt die, lets see how long before I hear any results.

e: Just got word, not so good, be gone for a while

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 2, 2013

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

drat dude. God speed, hope everything turns out okay :(

Surmy
May 25, 2010

anotherblownsave posted:

This x1000

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

anotherblownsave posted:

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

darkwolf220 posted:

Let's all chip in and send DW a care package full of bullriding trading cards!

e: Serious though, get better ASAP :)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

darkwolf220 posted:

Get better soon dude <3

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

:( get better, dude.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Eating the Pudding posted:

:( get better, dude.

ETP, did you get those cards I sent you yet??

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

Yep! Just got home from work and they were waiting on me. Thanks!

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Eating the Pudding posted:

Yep! Just got home from work and they were waiting on me. Thanks!

No problem, I still have your list so if I get any more of them I'll pass them right along

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Get better brother.

At least I don't need to get more vincour cards...

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Posting to you live from my hospital room :toot:

The bad news: I have a loving brain tumor

The not so bad news: It isn't really a brain tumor, it is just a tumor made of other poo poo, living way way too close to my brain.

Basically it is a tumor that is inside my skull, pushed right up against the brain to the point where things are getting mighty crowded. I talked with my neurosurgeon this afternoon and he tells me that worse case scenario I will temporarily lose some function on my right side (like a month). As long as the tumor is the kind he thinks it is and not cancerous. So I guess that is good news. I am not too thrilled with the prospect of them cutting a hole in my skull to get this thing out, but thems the breaks. So yeah, brain tumor, :stare:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Posting to you live from my hospital room :toot:

The bad news: I have a loving brain tumor

The not so bad news: It isn't really a brain tumor, it is just a tumor made of other poo poo, living way way too close to my brain.

Basically it is a tumor that is inside my skull, pushed right up against the brain to the point where things are getting mighty crowded. I talked with my neurosurgeon this afternoon and he tells me that worse case scenario I will temporarily lose some function on my right side (like a month). As long as the tumor is the kind he thinks it is and not cancerous. So I guess that is good news. I am not too thrilled with the prospect of them cutting a hole in my skull to get this thing out, but thems the breaks. So yeah, brain tumor, :stare:

Jesus Christ man. So sorry to hear this. Seems like hockey cards just aren't that important at the moment. Keep us posted when you can/if you can. I wish you all the best with recovery, and my thoughts are with you, cat wife, and cat bird. Our hockey card family here isn't the same without you, so hurry your rear end up and get better :)

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

I'm sorry to hear that, but i'm glad it's not a real tumor. I'm also glad you insisted on that MRI!!! Looking forward to you cutting that joker out of there and getting back to breaking with us =)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

^^ Oh it is a real tumor for sure, it is just not a tumor made of brain stuffs, which I gather would be much worse.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Can you get the doctor to put a hunk of it in a card maybe

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
God speed with the recovery. It's always fun reading what you and others have picked up in your mailboxes these days :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Feel better friend

• Locked thread