Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

genderstomper58 posted:

if you make it through your time as a nuke without a dui or njp you're probably a square!!!!*

I was and am most assuredly a square, though I never noticed a higher proportion of nukes doing stupid poo poo compared to topsiders. Maybe things are different now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Madurai posted:

I was and am most assuredly a square, though I never noticed a higher proportion of nukes doing stupid poo poo compared to topsiders. Maybe things are different now.

i had bros with 2 duis, one guy got a dui @ over a .3, domestic violence convictions swept under the rug, you name it shipmate!!! that was probably one of the only cool perks about being on a sub they really couldn't afford to kick you out for stuff especially if you weren't a retard(drugs were still an auto kick though)

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
yeah, the nukes generally partied harder and dirtier than anyone else on the boat. Granted, they were also a lot better at keeping poo poo on the dl so it didn't get around as much, but I know fo sho that there were several people in teh engineroom who were maybe, possibly, hypothetically getting high on the regular.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Please ask this guy if he's the down and dirty candidate willing to reach around to come from behind to score in the poll.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
That post is :psyduck: on so many levels.

1337_ScriptKiddie
Mar 21, 2009

What is going on in here?
What is a lawn dart buddy? As in:

Instructor posted:

When you get to the boat I am going to claim you. You will be my lawn dart buddy.

Is it a submarine thing or does it carry over to the surface as well?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think it means he's going to put his dilz in you.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

1337_ScriptKiddie posted:

You have been Spoken for. You are his nub and he is your sea-father. You shall refer to him as such.

I have been out for a year and my sea-child from 2009 still occasionally messages me with "Good evening, father" when he sees me log on facebook.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
creepy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He's going to use you up and then sell you for a pack of smokes and half a tin of skoal.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

if you hear something on a sub, and don't know what it means, it's either something technical about equipment, a buttsex joke, or (most likely) both.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

go get me a tube of boy butter

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.
There are fewer more time honored traditions of the submarine force than butt-sex jokes. Honestly, my first thought when I heard they were putting chicks on subs was "Sad, there go the gay jokes.".

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Women can be just as depraved as men, maybe even worse. Once everyone gets over the fear of sexual harassment charges*, it'll be business as usual again.

edit: * or at least figures out who to tell dick jokes in front of without fear of reprimand

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 14, 2013

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

I still think the funniest conversation ever was between a gay eoow and a female RO over who sucked dick better.

p sure eoow won

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.

KetTarma posted:

I still think the funniest conversation ever was between a gay eoow and a female RO over who sucked dick better.

p sure eoow won

That's awesome. Thanks, I feel better about my fears being poorly founded.

1337_ScriptKiddie
Mar 21, 2009

Six more weeks of Power School left.

It gets better right?

e:Of course not.

1337_ScriptKiddie fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 17, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

It gets better right?

ya heres a good support site for these issues youre having

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

It gets better right?

Power school is the easiest your nuclear career will ever be. You have full privledges to enjoy life, are not in Norfolk or Groton, dont stand 3 section duty, dont stand watch, dont bust your balls in the engineroom, arent on shiftwork, arent on deployment, dont know what a shipyard is, have the lowest amount of working hours of your career, and are still filled with hope that it gets better from this point.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
I loved the poo poo out of power school. I'm so glad that I appreciated how awesome it was when I was in it, but then again, I had utter dread for what was coming at the end of the pipeline, and rightfully so. Easily the best time's I had in the navy, one exception being T-Track (which I understand is kind of lovely now), and the one time I got augmented. And even the augment only lasted for a week and a half instead of two and a half months. The fuckers gave the 'OMG you have to be back here right away its a military need!!!' and I had to rush back from leave the day after going on leave (which was a 14 hour drive by the way), fly out to Guam, and I get there and nothing is any different. They wanted me so they could pull a bunch of nukes off the watch bill because our EDMC was a piece of poo poo who couldn't do his job. Seriously, the Logroom Yeoman didn't stand watch, the EDMC's sidekick didn't stand watch, and there was another permadrill guy who didn't stand watch.

I guess the reactor needed another hot happiness injection. Rant over.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I'd say the best part of the pipeline is at prototype after you qualify, because there's really no reason for anyone to make you do anything at all other than occasionally show up. Plus you're living out in town and getting paid bank. This assumes you're not going SPU. I was living it up for almost two months, I think I stood two watches and had to stick around for field days but that's about it.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'd say the best part of the pipeline is at prototype after you qualify, because there's really no reason for anyone to make you do anything at all other than occasionally show up. Plus you're living out in town and getting paid bank. This assumes you're not going SPU. I was living it up for almost two months, I think I stood two watches and had to stick around for field days but that's about it.

There were huge mechanical issues with the MTS's when I was going through, and I didn't actually get my watches until a couple weeks before graduation. Heck, I finished my comprehensive exam before standing any watches. So when I finally qualified there was hardly any time left :( At least I wasn't dinq the whole time.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

there have always been problems with the MTSs. thats what you get for renovating submarines built back when hitler was a recent memory.

1337_ScriptKiddie
Mar 21, 2009

KetTarma posted:

Power school is the easiest your nuclear career will ever be. You have full privledges to enjoy life, are not in Norfolk or Groton, dont stand 3 section duty, dont stand watch, dont bust your balls in the engineroom, arent on shiftwork, arent on deployment, dont know what a shipyard is, have the lowest amount of working hours of your career, and are still filled with hope that it gets better from this point.

Is why people become shitbags?

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Nah, most shitbags come into the Navy as such. Few ever get culled out, sadly.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

One of my classmates got/is getting medically retired because his heart exploded. Whenever I think about him, I always think about how jealous I am of him.

camino
Feb 23, 2006
Only in the Navy would having your heart explode be considered the good deal.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

camino posted:

Only in the Navy would having your heart explode be considered the good deal.
I think the Marines would, too.

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.

Hobolicious posted:

Nah, most shitbags come into the Navy as such. Few ever get culled out, sadly.

The real shitbags are destroyed until they ~go sad~, the real superstars are overworked until they absolutely give up on life and quit (or ~go sad~). About the only people who really thrive are us mediocre types.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

grover posted:

I think the Marines would, too.

As someone who had all four wisdom teeth pulled in basic, the amount of blood in that comic is eerily accurate. He got more SIQ than I did, though. :argh:

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
I only got a day of SIQ for getting my wisdom teeth pulled in basic. Thankfully I still got my other two to cash in later though.

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
This day in NNPTC history: Duty Chief just left for county lockup.

To pick up the CDO.

nuke power

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

loving story
right now

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost

KetTarma posted:

loving story
right now

I'm just as anxious to hear it as you are, but thats all I know right now. DCPO happens to be my SLPO. He's in the classroom explaining :siren:NOFORN:siren: to one of my classmates when the duty phone rings. "NNPTC Duty Chief...yes sir...oh goody, no I haven't had THAT one yet", runs for the door, stops on his way out to explain that he has to pick up the CDO from jail. Asked to clarify whether from jail or just at jail, he grins and says "he's in handcuffs", then leaves. I'll get the details tomorrow.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Haha, we had a pretty cool chief that was banging some student(he was marrried etc)

Got busted to e-6, and was caught banging her again....he was a pretty chill dude though

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I hope she was at least an 8.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Mad Dragon posted:

I hope she was at least an 8.

NNPTC 8 yeah

:xd:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Some of them big girls looked mighty fine in tight dungarees. No telling what horrors lurked beneath, though.

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
So it wasn't county, it was the brig. LTJG blew past the security checkpoint on his way to DTP, guess he thought he didn't have to stop. He was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

scripterror posted:

So it wasn't county, it was the brig. LTJG blew past the security checkpoint on his way to DTP, guess he thought he didn't have to stop. He was wrong.

Not near as good a story, but still a great one nevertheless. I always love hearing about gate guards tackling an O-6 or something.

• Locked thread