Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

speakXout posted:

was this at PAX East this year? That Gandalf looks awfully familar

Wondercon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2cEvFDJl40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Avulsion posted:

A bit of wire getting vaporized should be enough to generate an ion channel, and it's easier to predict than a lightning strike. Just tie it to a rock and throw it over the power lines (don't do this).

Yeah, from the dark clouds and the unfortunate cropping-out of the top of the bolt in that gif I had just assumed that it was a chance recording of a lightning strike (and also assumed that no one would be dumb enough to try and do this on purpose, loving Russia). I stand corrected.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lord Gaga posted:

you push slightly to the left on the rlling part whenever you feel the pin go in. So push up on first pin, when you feel it give slightly, turn harder to the left to make it stay that way and very slightly start the rotation. Thats the general idea anyway

In gif form.

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Did he just get caught at high tide or did he do this on purpose?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

HBomb posted:

Did he just get caught at high tide or did he do this on purpose?

And did the wave pull his jacket off?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gromit posted:

And did the wave pull his jacket off?

I think his shirt turned from light gray to dark gray when it got wet.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
The ocean is full of magic.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

MagnumLode
Apr 10, 2004

Have some Kool-Aid, dipshit.

Uncle Enzo posted:

Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Thank you for this.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Trespasser is a better game than I remember.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

CannedMacabre posted:

The ocean is full of magic.

I'm pretty sure that is the lakefront path along Lake Michigan in Chicago. There's one spot that is right up on the lake, and when the winds pick up it will flood that part of the trail. Usually the city closes the path when that happens.

Edit: Yes, definitely is. There's a video in the link of the same thing happening to some bikers. http://www.nbcchicago.com/weather/stories/Huge-Waves-Knock-Down-Bikers-Close-Path-130848718.html

Bird in a Blender has a new favorite as of 14:14 on Apr 4, 2013

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

It occurs to me that it would be the easiest thing in the world to murder someone at a rally. Just stand behind them and give an accidental shove as the cars come around...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Was there a story behind this, like was the guy actually a jumper or just somebody meditating/having a bad day and coping with it in a weird way? It just seems like a waste of resources to send the fire department and police to punt a guy into an air mattress.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

We've all heard the cliché about a woman "whose body won't quit." Well, there she is.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
Looks like it could be the setup for Future's Channel [B] Stage Dive promo or something similar

holttho
May 21, 2007

Tewratomeh posted:

Was there a story behind this, like was the guy actually a jumper or just somebody meditating/having a bad day and coping with it in a weird way? It just seems like a waste of resources to send the fire department and police to punt a guy into an air mattress.

He probably climbed up there and threatened to jump and then the fire department came. Once they had everything set up, they gave him the boot so they could pack up and head home and stop wasting time.

Though, that would be an incredibly poor place to jump from; not much altitude. Probably just break his legs.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Never seeing her face always bothered me as a kid. :argh:

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I think I understand what's happening here but I'd sure appreciate someone explaining it to me because I'm probably wrong.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

nutranurse posted:

Never seeing her face always bothered me as a kid. :argh:

You can actually see her face for a split second in the very last episode (the one that came out like 10 years after the show ended).

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Leovinus posted:

I think I understand what's happening here but I'd sure appreciate someone explaining it to me because I'm probably wrong.
Someone is using the fact that bitmaps have a very simple byte-wise RGB storage format to use paint as a hex editor to manually put the bytes for a c hello world program (as shown with notepad at the end, it still includes the bmp header binary data generated by paint).

RoadCrewWorker has a new favorite as of 18:55 on Apr 4, 2013

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

"Laura", something with Nick Cave, "This Island Earth", "Zardoz", "Bronson"

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Tewratomeh posted:

Found the original video:
http://statter911.com/2013/01/16/check-out-this-video-firefighter-kicks-man-off-ledge-to-save-his-life/

Apparently it's from Saudi Arabia.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

holttho posted:

He probably climbed up there and threatened to jump and then the fire department came. Once they had everything set up, they gave him the boot so they could pack up and head home and stop wasting time.

Though, that would be an incredibly poor place to jump from; not much altitude. Probably just break his legs.

I image there were probably many more cars on the roadway before the cops and fire dept. showed up.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Bilbo knows you have the Ring!

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Astrofig posted:

Bilbo knows you have the Ring!

I had thought I was done being scared of movies until I saw this in theaters.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

"Audition", "The Dark Knight Rises", "The Thing", "Inglourious Basterds", "The Silence of the Lambs"

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
My cat Appa:

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat

Robert Denby posted:

something with Nick Cave

Pretty sure that's Johnny Suede.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I kept getting distracted by this one while making it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Bubba Watson's Hovercart! That thing is actually better on the greens than a human foot walking on it. I can't wait for all courses to get fleets of hover carts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Audition is the best romantic comedy to watch with anyone who has never seen Audition before.

• Locked thread