Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

A black and white movie from the 40s or 50s which was shot entirely in first person. I remember seeing the film's trailer in my film 101 class but I can't recall the name of the film and google isn't turning anything up. I think it was a detective film where the main character (whose viewpoint the audience had) was the detective. I also think that it had voice over narration detailing his thoughts during the scenes.

edit: It was Lady in the Lake

TTBF fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

TTBF posted:

A black and white movie from the 40s or 50s which was shot entirely in first person. I remember seeing the film's trailer in my film 101 class but I can't recall the name of the film and google isn't turning anything up. I think it was a detective film where the main character (whose viewpoint the audience had) was the detective. I also think that it had voice over narration detailing his thoughts during the scenes.

Lady of the Lake

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thank you, that's the one. I knew that someone would remember that quickly.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

snickles posted:

Looking for a movie I saw a few years ago. I believe it's Korean. The only thing I remember about it is a scene (possibly in a police station) in which a character has tissues sticking out of his nose. I don't think this was done for comedy and I don't even remember there being a rationale for this in the movie (in fact, I thinks it goes completely unnoticed by other characters). I originally thought it was a scene from Oldboy, but recently rewatched it and that scene did not appear. Anyone?

The Man from Nowhere?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

AmateurHuman posted:

There was a subtitled movie I saw once (Russian or Hungarian, I think) with these two girls in high school and they realize they want to be with each other. There was a depressing scene on a bus, one girl was named Enid or Ened and it was in black and white. At the end, they were kissing in the bathroom and then they walk off down the hall while all their classmates are clapping. It reminded me a little bit of that Tatu video. I saw this around 2002, I believe.

This is the Swedish film loving Amal, it was released as Show Me Love in America.

Propaganda Panda
Dec 26, 2010
I've got a good one.

A eastern European movie in non English. Protagonists are two teens, a boy and a girl. The girl tells the boy that a third party, a young man from their school, had visited sexual violence upon her.
So, A violent and terrible revenge. Then they realise they're in trouble because you can't just go around killing people. They flee from society to the wilderness (woodland) , and discover a shack owned by a sadistic rapist who owns a gun. He doesn't act like a normal person would. He owns a gun, and points his gun at them and locks them up in a cage. Then he starts raping the boy every night or just whenever he's horny. ( he is a woodsman, so he could be and most likely is horny at any given point in time.)
The rapesman also favors the boy with food that he's caught or killed or whatever. And the girl is starving, literally STARVING, and she's still copping the beatings so in a way she's all confused 'like what the hell. Why aren't I the one who is getting raped. I'm a girl' Then eventually they escape and the girl is like '... hey by the way, remember the guy at the start of the movie who we killed? He never raped me, I made it all up. I wanted him to suffer because I asked him on a date and he said no or something really stupid like that." And the boy is like "Oh cool, interesting factoid... Hey while we're on the topic of rape, guess what's happened to me for the last 6 months?"

Help me find it goons!

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

snickles posted:

Looking for a movie I saw a few years ago. I believe it's Korean. The only thing I remember about it is a scene (possibly in a police station) in which a character has tissues sticking out of his nose. I don't think this was done for comedy and I don't even remember there being a rationale for this in the movie (in fact, I thinks it goes completely unnoticed by other characters). I originally thought it was a scene from Oldboy, but recently rewatched it and that scene did not appear. Anyone?

I saw the Devil?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588170/

Same main actor as Oldboy, and the tissue nose scene is not in a police station, IIRC

snickles
Mar 27, 2010

ladron posted:

I saw the Devil?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588170/

Same main actor as Oldboy, and the tissue nose scene is not in a police station, IIRC

oldpainless posted:

The Man from Nowhere?

I don't think I've seen either one of these, and I really thought that it was many years ago. I will go rent these and see! Thank you!

AmateurHuman
Mar 20, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is the Swedish film loving Amal, it was released as Show Me Love in America.

A million times, thank you! I've been searching for this movie for so long. I bow to your Movie Knowledge Greatness.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

snickles posted:

I just want to point out that there is a scene about two minutes into Oldboy where this happens. I know you said that it was not in Oldboy, but I am just making sure that you did not misremember or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EESV7OOSF9k

snickles
Mar 27, 2010

Fat Lou posted:

I just want to point out that there is a scene about two minutes into Oldboy where this happens. I know you said that it was not in Oldboy, but I am just making sure that you did not misremember or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EESV7OOSF9k

Uh, yeah. That pretty much confirms I'm an idiot. I even went back and scanned Oldboy before I posted to make sure I wasn't mistaken and still missed the scene. Thank you!

Anyway, I rented I Saw the Devil to check out the tissue man scene in it and will be watching that tonight, so it wasn't a total loss.

Menses at Work
Oct 16, 2006

where women glow and men plunder
I posted this in the wrong thread:

I posted:

I have a question that I don't really expect anyone can answer, but this thread is my last hope, as the vague childhood memories are of no help with google. My grandmother passed away recently, and I've been thinking back a lot to when I was younger. I remember she took me to the cinema once to see an animated movie, which I remember as really trippy.

Did anyone see an animated movie in the 90s where one guy had cabbage for a head and there was an airship involved, or did I dream this all up? If this wasn't a dream, I want to see that movie again. That is literally all I remember, apart from the movie staying with me for many years after, in other words making a lasting impression. It is very possible this was not a major production. This must have been 16-17-18 years ago, and memories have a way of evolving.

I'm guessing it was some weird European production, as it does not show up on any of the lists of 90s animated movies that I have found so far.

Edit: Others have asked for something similar on smaller forums (no replies), describing one character as having ears made of cabbage (as opposed to the entire head), and wearing a grey coat. There could be a factory involved (and not an airship).

I should stress that the more I think about it, the more I seem to recall it having perhaps an Eastern-European feel to it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Menses at Work posted:

I should stress that the more I think about it, the more I seem to recall it having perhaps an Eastern-European feel to it?

Howl's Moving Castle?

Menses at Work
Oct 16, 2006

syscall girl posted:

Howl's Moving Castle?

No, no... way older and shittier, and probably European. Howl's Moving Castle actually looks like it might be worth a watch, though.

It also looks a lot like what I described.

Could be what I'm looking for is too obscure.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
It wasn't James and the Giant Peach, was it?

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

A couple years ago (I want to say 2011?) I read a thread on these forums where this film was mentioned as being really dark and intense and horrifying. I watched a trailer for it but I can't remember much - it seemed like an action sort of premise, it was about two assassins or hit-men, modern-day. I'm pretty sure the trailer showed that they had families. And I think they were on a job in or around a big house in the country. Might have been British? At the end of the trailer there was this quick shot that looked like a bunch of guys were on their way to attack them, maybe? Anyway I just remembered I never followed this up although I wanted to, and now I can't remember the name of it.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Sounds to me like Kill List (2011).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeDTmho3jEQ

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

Yes! Thank you.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Menses at Work posted:

:words:... airship... cabbage head...

It's really unlikely, but it's the only thing I can think of, the "Nothing to Fear" episode from Batman: The Animated Series was about the Scarecrow and it's climax was set on an airship.

He's a crappy youtube clip of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yux61Y4L6Z0

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Menses at Work posted:

I don't recall anybody with those specific features being in it but it's incredibly strange and is set on an air strip:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088678/

Menses at Work
Oct 16, 2006

Thanks, everyone, you found something that fit my memory of the movie better than the movie itself. A friend of mine was able to help me piece together a few more key events, leading me to The Journey to Melonia. I guess there is no airship, but at least this guy made a lasting impression:

I wouldn't have guessed it was a Scandinavian production.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I remember watching this B-movie, posssibly C-Movie around 7-9 years ago, and ever since I've been baffled by it. If I went for names, I'd say the name sounded like "Operation Condor" or "Operation Cantor", but given how baffling portuguese movie names can be, the moment I googled that name it didn't even register anything, and the tv station's site was so bad that even getting a listing of stuff from a day was impossible. The movie quality suggests mid, early 1990's.

Here's everything I remember from the movie:
-Main villain is a fat white old dude on a white shirt and slacks, takes over office building with several armed henchwomen. He finds a remote on an office that can kill dignitaries around the world. This is showcased with stock footage of a plane going down and a car getting riddled with bullets. He aims said remote while playing with a regular globe.
-Movie jarringly is filmed with 3 filming modes, changing between a movie camera, a video camera and what appears to be a red-tinted camera, it probably being the same camera. Scenes around and out of the office complex are filmed with movie camera (with a relatively decent sound quality), scenes inside the office with the remote are filmed with film camera. They're also shot at night, whereas other scenes and shot in the morning or the afternoon.
-Insider on office complex is a blond pony tailed dorky looking dude, is relaying info from the inside of the office complex to the CIA? team right out of the building. Is murdered by main villain and henchwoman, who wears all red and appears to be pregnant. Dying words are "I won't let you get away with this", while henchwoman tries to clumsily try to find a revolver inside her purse.
-Personal trainer has a 5-10 minute sex scene, shot awkwardly from a red-tinted camera. Is also recruited by CIA? team, and has a segment where she stares at the viewer while slowly putting on an army gear.
-Main villain has a bunch of henchmen holding a CIA? agent in a junkyard. Agent tells them that "they won't get away with this", proceeds to get slapped across the face from henchman asking if he thinks he is being funny.
- The Army proceeds to save CIA agent through a lot of stock footage from the Iraq war, probably other wars as well but within footage from the 80's , 90's. Keeps flipping between night and day footage. Shots of another CIA guy screaming generic catchphrases like "LET'S ROCK AND ROLL"
- Movie is probably American? I didn't notice an accent from another country.

I watched this movie nearly a decade ago on portuguese tv. They had little to no information about the movie, so when I tried looking for info, they stuck a very generic title and their website didn't let you look at synposes of previous movies, much less access them at a certain point due to them streaming footage from a reality show or two.

Buh
May 17, 2008
When I was a child (in the UK, sometime in the 70's or possibly the early 80'S) I remember seeing a clip from some sort of horror or sci fi programme. I think it was from a television show rather than a film.

I recall that it featured someone (a man) sitting (?) in a locked room. A vent with horizontal flaps is on the wall. The vent opens and a tendril (seaweed?) comes through the vent towards him; I'm sure that there was also a bust of foam through the vent as well. The man screams as the tendril reaches towards him...

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
My girlfriend wants to know the name of a film where a guy crashes in an airplane or something similar and wakes up in a town with only children. There's an evil woman there who controls this town and has some huge cages and forces people to fight. Also there's a desert involved.

It may be two movies mixed together. I thought some of it was Mad Max.

EDIT: Nvm, I think it actually was Mad Max.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Boz0r posted:

My girlfriend wants to know the name of a film where a guy crashes in an airplane or something similar and wakes up in a town with only children. There's an evil woman there who controls this town and has some huge cages and forces people to fight. Also there's a desert involved.

It may be two movies mixed together. I thought some of it was Mad Max.

EDIT: Nvm, I think it actually was Mad Max.

It's all Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

Pooka
Sep 12, 2003

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Trying to find the name of a movie (possible TV show) that includes the following scene and dialogue:

A woman is offered a bowl of Atomic Fireball type of spicy candy balls. She politely takes one and puts it in her mouth and says "it's good", then spits it back out into her hand while quietly explaining that it is "hot". Don't know who the actress was but she seemed to be playing a polite or shy character, I think she was sitting across from a desk or table and I saw this scene within the last few years, movie is less than 20 years old. For some reason I keep thinking that its related to The Wire tv show but no idea how.

So a Fireball candy and a woman saying "it's good. ..hot..." Is all I have to go on and this is driving me crazy.

This is from What Lies Beneath. Michelle Pfeiffer is offered the candy in the therapist's office.

Nahrix
Mar 17, 2004

Can't afford to eat out
Looking for a sci-fi movie made in the past decade. It's set on some planet that might be Mars (looks like a desert). In the beginning, the protagonist is wearing an alien-looking suit, and it's sort of a reveal that he's human after all when he takes it off. The movie is primarily him fleeing from a couple other aliens that are hunting him, and trying to survive in the harsh environment. It turns out he's the last human in existence, I believe. The movie seemed kind of low budget / indie, but it was pretty good.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Hunter Prey

Nahrix
Mar 17, 2004

Can't afford to eat out

gently caress yeah!

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm trying to remember what this movie is... It was something about a pair of orphans and a creepy old guy is trying to marry the girl. The orphans were geniuses I think? There was also a scene involving dynamite, a car, and a train.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

Anony Mouse posted:

I'm trying to remember what this movie is... It was something about a pair of orphans and a creepy old guy is trying to marry the girl. The orphans were geniuses I think? There was also a scene involving dynamite, a car, and a train.

Could it be Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events?

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Yes! Thanks. Time to watch it and see if I was remembering it even remotely right haha.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
A hard one: my girlfriend remembers watching a horror movie with a cover with a red mansion. Nothing about the actual movie, though. And I don't think it's Amityville Horror. It's a dvd cover.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Boz0r posted:

A hard one: my girlfriend remembers watching a horror movie with a cover with a red mansion. Nothing about the actual movie, though. And I don't think it's Amityville Horror. It's a dvd cover.

That's a pretty common visual, does she remember a single other thing about it?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Rose Red?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Oh man Gary Chang?!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Boz0r posted:

The House on Haunted Hill remake from 1999?

EDIT: Probably not, cover is red, but it's all faces, no mansion

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nancy Travis, Emily Deschanel, Julian Sands and Stephen King as a pizza delivery boy. What's not to like?

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

syscall girl posted:

Nancy Travis, Emily Deschanel, Julian Sands and Stephen King as a pizza delivery boy. What's not to like?

It's enjoyable for sure. The problem is that it is four hours long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
What's the movie where a white guy and black guy hit each other on the freeway, they both are late to stuff because of it and then spend the movie trying to screw each other over? Early 2000s.

There's another one, had to be late eighties, maybe early nineties. It's about some high school kid that everyone loves but is actually a jerk. The only scene I remember is him and a friend sitting next to each other during a chemistry class. There's a beaker of boiling water on the desk in front of them. The jerk kid wraps the cord of it around his, chem partner's leg, so when the partner gets up the beaker spills all over him and makes him seem incompetent.

Another one I can't remember is this horror movie from the late eighties. Pretty typical plot where a bunch of people young adults are trapped in a mysterious house. I only ever saw the trailer for this movie. Only two things stick out to me about it:
There's a "money shot" in the trailer for a large white centipede appears near someone and then suddenly shoots up their leg.
The place they're in isn't particularly run down or old, just looks like a typical late eighties suburban home.

People have suggested, but the movie is NOT:
Creepshow 2
The Gate or its sequel
Lair of the White Worm
Night of the Demons series
They Came from Within/Shivers/Orgy of the Parasites