Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
I think I'm over the initial shock of UVHM. It was a rough start for my Zero but I made it to Sanctuary and I'm about to start the firehawk missions at lvl 52. Progress has been slow, and I'm taking out bandits without too much trouble as long as I keep my distance, but I've cheesed pretty much anything resembling a boss so far. I sniped Boom Bewm from what seemed like a few hundred yards out (outside of their spawn area), and I didn't even bother attempting Flynt straight up. I jumped off that barge immediately and plinked away at him from the bottom of that lift that claptrap rides. If nothing else, UVHM is a good training mode for exploiting AI and terrain features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Flynt wasn't too bad for me- just slagged him and threw like 4 (8) Bonus Packages at his area-burstin' rear end and that pretty much set him up for me to empty a Torgue minigun and a Harold into his face and kill him. TORGUE. Man, slag also lasts a long time in UVHM.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Farming for a new Blockhead now that I've got the caverns open, of course the first thing to drop was a Longbow. Which is cool and all, but it's still not a god drat Blockhead!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Xidus posted:

Still not fixing splitscreen framerates on PS3. What a surprise. :argh:

Which orientation are you using? My wife and I had awful framerates using horizontal split, but when we switched to vertical split it runs nice and smooth.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Just got a new Catalyst mod for my Mechro, and the Team Elemental damage is the same as my level 50 one. Can anyone confirm if they've had better stats on higher level mods, or are my level 50 mods going to be OK for the remainder of UVHM?

Finally killed that goddamn Thresher too. That was really annoying. Onto easy quests now!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Anyone pulled any pearl gear yet? Me and NHB managed to pull a Stalker and a Sawtooth from loot midgets on release night, but nothing since then.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Just got past Wildlife Preserve with my 54 Gunzerker. I'm still mostly using my level 50 legendaries but I did manage to get a 53 Slagga off a loot midget in the preserve. Slagga + CC and throwing Stormfronts all over the place is still going strong, though I did die to Bloodwing once.

Managed to pick up a couple eridium relics as well, Bone of the Ancients which does like 23% Shock damage and 30% Cooldown which would be fantastic for a Mechro, and another one which I think someone posted a few pages ago that did FFY and Sniper Damage.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Dear Gearbox:

In regards to UVHM, Badass Constructors are the biggest pains in the rear end. gently caress them. gently caress them, and pre-emptively gently caress Sawtooth Cauldron. gently caress that place too. I can't wait to die a lot there!

Warm regards,

Dr.Smasher

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

Minorities posted:

Which orientation are you using? My wife and I had awful framerates using horizontal split, but when we switched to vertical split it runs nice and smooth.

Vertical (I think, I forgot which is which. Side-by-side not top/bottom). For example when one person is mucking around in their inventory and the other isn't framerates go to poo poo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Dear Gearbox:

In regards to UVHM, Badass Constructors are the biggest pains in the rear end. gently caress them. gently caress them, and pre-emptively gently caress Sawtooth Cauldron. gently caress that place too. I can't wait to die a lot there!

Warm regards,

Dr.Smasher

Electric Vladof snipers are pretty much a requirement for Badass Constructors.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm amazed at the amount of blues, purples and e-techs UVHM throws at you instead of the usual lovely whites and greens that plagued the other two modes. Farming the treasure room has been very lucrative so far.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

I'm amazed at the amount of blues, purples and e-techs UVHM throws at you instead of the usual lovely whites and greens that plagued the other two modes. Farming the treasure room has been very lucrative so far.

I'm thinking I should get around to that real soon.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

How are you already in the treasure room in UVHM :psyduck: Don't you have to beat like all of Captain Scarlett for that area to even be open?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Yeah I got to 61 as Zero yesterday and rushed the scarlet dlc in a day. Got a thunderball fists which made up for the conference call I lost thanks to being stuck under the drat warrior.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

The Duke posted:

How are you already in the treasure room in UVHM :psyduck: Don't you have to beat like all of Captain Scarlett for that area to even be open?

I've already done the whole story and the Oasis DLC and am halfway through torgue's.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I manage to play around 4-5 hours a day and I'm just over halfway through the main story, drat dude.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Kifisonfire posted:

Just got a new Catalyst mod for my Mechro, and the Team Elemental damage is the same as my level 50 one. Can anyone confirm if they've had better stats on higher level mods, or are my level 50 mods going to be OK for the remainder of UVHM?

Found a lvl.61 Catalyst mod with +45% Team Elemental Effect Dmg, but with the same +6/5.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

edit: oops, this is for the PC version, but...

If you're looking to pick up a PC copy of Borderlands 2 for yourself or someone else, Amazon has the game AND the season pass on sale for $25 today.

Game by itself is $20 and Season Pass by itself is $10.

raditts fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 5, 2013

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Probably stupid question: If I have a team class mod (i.e. "Team cooldown rate 16%") that applies to my character as well, or *just* to teammates?

Marogareh posted:

Yeah I got to 61 as Zero yesterday and rushed the scarlet dlc in a day. Got a thunderball fists which made up for the conference call I lost thanks to being stuck under the drat warrior.

If you can get up on his body directly over the item and look straight down, you can pick up anything trapped under him.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Lumpy posted:

Probably stupid question: If I have a team class mod (i.e. "Team cooldown rate 16%") that applies to my character as well, or *just* to teammates?

If you can get up on his body directly over the item and look straight down, you can pick up anything trapped under him.

If it's where I think it is, there's way too much distance between the ground and the body. They'll have to run through hero's pass again to get the corpse to despawn.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Lumpy posted:

Rudoku posted:

If it's where I think it is, there's way too much distance between the ground and the body. They'll have to run through hero's pass again to get the corpse to despawn.

It was dead center in the middle where I couldn't get it and I did run all the way back again only for it to hang on the loading screen forever. I've been getting those a lot now for some reason and I have to exit the game to fix it which is really annoying.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Lumpy posted:

I have tested this with my couch co-op buddy and it applies to you and any teammates in your game session.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So, wait, they finally raised the level cap? Hallelujah. I haven't touched the game since Torgue came out and I read some article where Gearbox was saying they couldn't raise the level cap without breaking the game (because of potential skill combos that were never meant to happen).

Looking forward to Krieg when he comes out. I've wanted to play a Psycho since I saw ads for the first Game. I was honestly disappointed when I found out they were enemy only.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 5, 2013

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer
So I was pretty keen to dig into the new level cap, and check out the DLC I've let stack up over time. Sadly UVHM is bullet sponge bore-a-thon, and I'm constantly out of ammo (because I'm double stacked on +SMG damage in order to do more than a pittance of damage anything bigger than a run of the mill bandit).

I notice that back in TVHM that I'm still earning experience, but does ALL TVHM content cap at 50? Or will it scale to my level as I level up?

Arach fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 6, 2013

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
For the time being, I am grinding my way through the beat down on UVHM. I'm at level 55 playing a Rocket-zerker build and my level 50 launchers + bonus package is still kicking rear end. If you want in on XP and guns, come join me on XBL, GT: KidKrampus .

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
Man, the vehicles were made of wet tissue by the end of TVHM. I am not looking forward to how useless those things will be in UVHM....

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I dunno, my scootermobile was pretty sturdy at level 53. I think it had something like 2.5~3 times my health and shield total, which was at least enough to shoot a little and then get out instead of "oh, there are enemies, time to get knocked into ffyl because the car will explode while I'm still stuck in my getting out of the car animation" happening like in TVHM.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Bee still applies to the car for some reason, so take a Runner with a machine gun and just go to town. Car missions are way easier with that shield.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The folks over at gamefaqs have discovered that the seraph gear we thought was removed is still in UVHM. The only way to get them though is through the DLC raid bosses.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

The folks over at gamefaqs have discovered that the seraph gear we thought was removed is still in UVHM. The only way to get them though is through the DLC raid bosses.

Wait, what now? Explain this now because I've never heard of anything being taken out before.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
So I got this thanks to the Amazon deal. I'd love to play with some goons, so hit me up anytime (I'll also stark lurking the irc channel). How fun is the game multiplayer? So far I'm have a blast (like I did with Borderlands 1), but it's probably much more fun with others (like in Borderlands 1).

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Father Wendigo posted:

Wait, what now? Explain this now because I've never heard of anything being taken out before.

gamefaqs posted:

In UVHM, for some reason, Gearbox made it so that the useful Seraph items can no longer be bought and are now only found as drops from raid bosses. I don't like the decision.

List:

DLC 1

Store
Actualizer
Seraphim
Blood of Seraphs

Boss
Evolution(Hyperius)
Retcher(Hyperius)
Tattler(Hyperius)
Patriot(Master Gee)
Ahab(Master Gee)
Devastator(Master Gee)

DLC 2

Store
Crossfire
Pun-Chee
Sponge
Might of Seraphs
Meteor Shower

Pyro Pete
Hoplite
Big Boom Blaster
O-Negative

DLC 3

Store
Breath of Seraphs
Lead Storm
Infection

Voracidous
Interfacer
Hawk Eye

I had thought they had taken the hoplite out altogether.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I think that's awesome. Not entirely looking forward to going back and fighting Hyperius/Gee, but still. I need my 61 Evolution.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Anyone have a Sham in UVHM? I was wondering how good the L50 performed to see if I wanted to try farming one.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Finally beat UVHM a few minutes ago. Sawtooth Cauldron to the end of the game was pretty much one giant stream of gently caress you and I think I died about 20 times on Hero's Pass alone. Granted, I was using level 50 gear all the way through for the most part but holy poo poo getting one shot by a constructor over and over again is just about the least fun thing I can think of. I ended up cheesing the Ultimate Badass Constructor 3.0 from extremely far away with a 120% crit burst sniper which whittled him down painfully slowly. I still have no idea how to kill these bastards efficiently on UVHM other than getting better gear in general. Even at ~56 I think sniper rifles are just terrible now. We'll see how this changes once I get a couple 61s but for now that sucks. I'm going to be sad if my favorite sniper, the Pimpernel, is useless on UHVM.

Got a 57 Impaler off The Warrior and other than the Slagga I got in the WEP earlier I didn't see a single other legendary or pearl the entire time.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 6, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

The Duke posted:

Finally beat UVHM a few minutes ago. Sawtooth Cauldron to the end of the game was pretty much one giant stream of gently caress you and I think I died about 20 times on Hero's Pass alone. Granted, I was using level 50 gear all the way through for the most part but holy poo poo getting one shot by a constructor over and over again is just about the least fun thing I can think of. I ended up cheesing the Ultimate Badass Constructor 3.0 from extremely far away with a 120% crit burst sniper which whittled him down painfully slowly. I still have no idea how to kill these bastards efficiently on UVHM other than getting better gear in general. Even at ~56 I think sniper rifles are just terrible now. We'll see how this changes once I get a couple 61s but for now that sucks. I'm going to be sad if my favorite sniper, the Pimpernel, is useless on UHVM.

Got a 57 Impaler off The Warrior and other than the Slagga I got in the WEP earlier I didn't see a single other legendary or pearl the entire time.

You can also use weapons with hidden projectiles (DP Harold, Lead Storm, Sandhawk, pimpernel) and a bee shield to deal with them. That last constructor in hero's pass wasn't that bad if you run into that large container that it spawns next to and cheese it from there.

-----

The treasure room hasn't gotten me any desirable legendaries, but I did manage to get topenaas of every element so far! I really want the new pearl sniper (storm) for my mechromancer. I'm wondering how it will proc Interspersed Outburst with the explosion and tiny orbs of electricity it also spawns.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 6, 2013

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

The Bee still applies to the car for some reason, so take a Runner with a machine gun and just go to town. Car missions are way easier with that shield.

Yeah, I figured that trick out almost immediately after getting my first Bee. It's why I kept a level 30 shield all the way through TVHM. :hellyeah:
Sadly, it ultimately just meant that I could kill single enemies and small groups about as fast as they could kill me.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
Speaking of stupid vehicle tricks, about a week ago I found that if you fired from the back (passanger position) of an otherwise empty technical, enemies wouldn't notice you killing them, no matter how long it took. I haven't checked to see if it still works since the patch.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

I've started UVHM on my Siren since they're a necessity to a party of more than one now, and Holy Hell this is so much easier than with Sal. I'm running a Ruin spec with side trees in self healing, Crit Bonus, and RoF/Damage bonuses with a class mod that gives +85% damage to SMGs and a Lv. 50 Bitch. poo poo is melting. I am killing people so fast that I have phaselock time left over. I actually killed midge-mong without dying. The only problem is that I'm getting swarmed and flanked while I'm busy killing people without even slagging them first.

Which is why I'm asking if anyone is looking to roll through the rest of the Southern Shelf tonight. I don't want to hop in with 61s because I'd throw off the loot pool for everyone, but I'd be happy to throw in with someone looking to start again.

Oh, one more thing - I think Loot Midgets in all modes have the wild loot table. I killed one in Thousand Cuts last night while finishing up TVHM story last night and got a plump lv. 46 KerBlaster off of him! Less inspiring was killing The Warrior and spending three minutes trying to get the Volcano rifle that had dropped under his jawbone. All in all, a good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't there some kind of way to get drops that fall under the Warrior, like zoning out and coming back in?

• Locked thread