Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Crown for a king. I mean fillings for...what are you again? Anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!
I've been rewatching Blood and Sand recently, and one thing I miss is the dream/hallucination sequences. There's a scene in ep4 where Spartacus and Varro are having a conversation, but Spartacus is talking to his wife. The previously mentioned escape plan (and all the refinements he makes) in ep6 was great as well.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

GordonTheDeadFish posted:

I've been rewatching Blood and Sand recently, and one thing I miss is the dream/hallucination sequences. There's a scene in ep4 where Spartacus and Varro are having a conversation, but Spartacus is talking to his wife. The previously mentioned escape plan (and all the refinements he makes) in ep6 was great as well.

Well it fits with the narrative -- the dreams/hallucinations are all Spartacus' imagination and desire to flee the ludus becoming "corporeal." Once he gains his freedom, reality comes crashing down like an anvil.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Fifteen minutes 'til the episode airs. I am all atingle with excitement. The next episode is called 'The Dead and the Dying', I hope the title doesn't concern my man Gannicus. I've been rewatching Blood and Sand (The name of a cocktail that sounds tasty BTW) and the consensus here is correct- It's the show we know and love by episode 4. I've been trying to think of shows that improved so drastically from their pilots forward and have been drawing something of a blank.

Speaking of Episode 4, and the series as a whole, I love how they had a dude with 'FUGITIVUS' tattoed across his face just so someone could remove his face and wear it on their own. It reminds me of how Caesar's weird knife blowjob ended up actually carrying some plot significance, and how they gave that guy Segovax a huge cock just so it could be 'parted from his body' later on as he gets crucified.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It's go time!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Man I get the feeling tonight is gonna suck :(

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ugh the head :smith:

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Spartacus with the masterstroke!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Goddamn I hope Tiberius gets hosed up in the best way imaginable.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Agron :ohdear:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And of course Caesar totally did recognize the guy.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
That guy could have sliced Spartacus open at any point during that speech.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh poo poo Spartacus smiled!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Reverse DDT on two swords is up there with my favorite fatalities.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Holy poo poo this is the best episode of Spartacus ever

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I loved how we got the craziest crowd ever in the second to the last episode. I mean, they threw a Roman into the crowd and they tore him apart.

Edit: Am I crazy or does Liam look crazy scrawny this episode?

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 6, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

YES!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rest in poo poo Tiberius.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deserved end for the bastard.

Yay for Agron!

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Awwww! Agron! :allears:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This was such a fantastic loving episode.

BlackArtistik
Feb 19, 2011

Oh my god this episode was nothing short of amazing. I felt something was missing...
The crazy sex in the audience from GotA and BaS.

I'm not ready for this finale though.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Such a great episode I'm so going to miss this show.

Also Yay Agron made it after being crucified.

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009
So Caesar was just going to rape Tiberius all the way home, right?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Conquistador posted:

I'm not betting against Gannicus.

E: Because he has to live and end up becoming friends with Brad Caesar and they need to go on awesome loving and fighting adventures together and and and

And meet up with Vorenus and Pullo and find the fountain of youth and kick rear end throughout time.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
This was the feel good episode of the year. Too bad next week will be the feel bad episode of the year :(.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Holy loving poo poo I want a gif of the eyeball move when Spartacus killed that roman soldier :black101:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Man that episode was nothing short of amazing. I didn't expect to see Agron back but I'm :unsmith: as gently caress because of it. Gannicus continues to be coolest of dudes. At the end there when they were name dropping all our fallen heros was really something else. I was expecting them to make the romans fight each other but it was a great throwback to the earlier seasons having them face the gladiators. You just gotta know the dudes that went up against Spartacus and Gannicus knew they were hosed. Bonus having Lugo smash some dudes faces with his hammer. Man this episode had it all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chef Bromden posted:

So Caesar was just going to rape Tiberius all the way home, right?

Probably.

I liked the cue that there was something up in the envoy scene considering he was standing there sweating like a motherfucker.

Forum Actuary
Jan 23, 2004
BRITISH

Athropos posted:

Holy loving poo poo I want a gif of the eyeball move when Spartacus killed that roman soldier :black101:

I was just waiting for them to do a characteristic over the top kill, and yep, there it was. I will miss this show :(

Also worthy of mention/gifs: two unnamed Gladiators doing the Bro-wrist after throwing a roman into the crowd behind them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Athropos posted:

Plus even more Lugo scenes this week chasing after Romans with his beatdown hammer.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I was all excited for the funeral games. I thought I was excited for the combat but I realized I was excited for the extras that give 110%.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

There were so many cool things that happened that episode. Agron is alive! They had the old school arena fights. Gannicus didn't die! Tiberius did die! Crixus! Crixus!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gangringo posted:

I was all excited for the funeral games. I thought I was excited for the combat but I realized I was excited for the extras that give 110%.

It makes me wish extras could get a Emmy award, they are amazing on the show.

etalian fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 6, 2013

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Fragmented posted:

There were so many cool things that happened that episode. Agron is alive! They had the old school arena fights. Gannicus didn't die! Tiberius did die! Crixus! Crixus!

They also made shout-outs to old fallen comrades that we thought we all but forgotten since they didnt get mentionned much at all recently, especially Sura, Varro and Mira. It was amazing :unsmith:

I'm also pretty sure Tiberius was completely boned either way, even if he would have been able to go on with Ceasar. Nothing would have prevented Ceasar from just killing him along the way and then claiming to Crassus that Spartacus rejected the deal, and that his son died at the hands of the rebels after the deal failed to got through (or before he got there). That was how I originally thought Tiberius was gonna die, would have been more satisfying imo. Compare the stab he got from Kore compared to what the kid that ordered Varro's death got in season 1, and Tiberius deserved even worse.

Athropos fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 6, 2013

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Naevia gave Tiberius that sick burn about his little sword though. I'm sure that hurt.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Athropos posted:

They also made shout-outs to old fallen comrades that we thought we all but forgotten since they didnt get mentionned much at all recently, especially Sura, Varro and Mira. It was amazing :unsmith:

I'm also pretty sure Tiberius was completely boned either way, even if he would have been able to go on with Ceasar. Nothing would have prevented Ceasar from just killing him along the way and then claiming to Crassus that Spartacus rejected the deal, and that his son died at the hands of the rebels after the deal failed to got through (or before he got there). That was how I originally thought Tiberius was gonna die, would have been a more satisfying imo. Compare the stab he got from Kore compared to what the kid that ordered Varro's death got in season 1, and Tiberius deserved even worse.

Yeah Ceaser pretty much smugly hints that Tiberius would not survive the trip back to the roman camp

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

AFewBricksShy posted:

And meet up with Vorenus and Pullo and find the fountain of youth and kick rear end throughout time.

This would be the best show on television

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Forum Actuary posted:

Also worthy of mention/gifs: two unnamed Gladiators doing the Bro-wrist after throwing a roman into the crowd behind them.

I came into this thread hoping for that exact gif, that was loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I liked how the three people that meant the most to Spartacus were Sura, Mira and Varro

• Locked thread