Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Zeph posted:

Been sitting on this for a while, but I just got a definitive answer to my issue so I'm cool posting this now.
I know it's not a big deal, but there were people here who wanted this toggle, so here it is.

The issue is, the developer of NCSettings somehow broke the new-toggle-detection in the latest version 1.7.1 (his words), so simply installing the .deb won't work. I have not tested it with any older versions, which may detect it just fine.
The way it has to be done until he fixes the issue (which he said he would do "sometime"), would be adding a string to the "Hidden" array with the value of "MatchInMusic" (case sensitive) in it's settings plist, located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.jamied360.ncsettings.plist.
Here's the link: http://limelinx.com/e1py6

This is great thank you, but
I'm a bit confused as to where I drop this file I've downloaded.

Also is there a download manager for chrome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Blimpkin posted:

Are you doing this from your phone? That sounds like a nightmare. Do you have a laptop/desktop from which to SSH?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Bucket Joneses posted:

Are you doing this from your phone? That sounds like a nightmare. Do you have a laptop/desktop from which to SSH?

Haha I will, but I'm also pretty good at iFile, and I was hoping that by using chrome I would've downloaded the file to the downloads folder sometimes used by apps. I'll be home at my apt in an hour or two, but I'm still not sure where I'll need to drop that toggle.

Navigating via iFile isn't that awful.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

Blimpkin posted:

So, you need to install the .deb file first, like any other Cydia package. Cydia has an auto-install system but to be honest I've never used it, you can search for how to do that.

You can do this whole thing on-device via iFile (it should install the .deb fine, definitely can do the plist edit). But, if you can't do it in iFile, just SSH to your phone (or use an app like Prompt in the AppStore and connect to 127.0.0.1)

Step 1: Installation. So, either in iFile or a terminal, navigate to wherever you put the file (regarding Chrome download manager: I don't know if one exists; there's a Safari one in Cydia that's really good). Use iFile to install it (or, terminal command: dpkg -i whatever_you_saved_the_file_as.deb).

Step 2: Plist edit. Using iFile now, navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and open up com.jamied360.ncsettings.plist in the plist editor. You'll see there's an array key called "Hidden", where you'll see names of other hidden toggles. Add a new entry, and make the value of it "MatchInMusic" (case-sensitive). I personally also increase the number of toggles visible (the key names are obvious), but that's your call.

Step 3: Respring, go to Settings.app and drag your new toggle to the "Visible" section in NCSettings. Done!

Bucket Joneses posted:

It's really not so bad, but it's obviously far from ideal.
I've talked to the dev of NCSettings a bit, and there's no telling when he'll push out the bug fix that makes step 2 unnecessary (techtalk: he re-wrote his preference bundle and forgot to write a toggle detection function). Because of this, I can't just submit it to a default Cydia repo, because it won't show up for anyone without the plist edit! It's the reason I was sitting on this for a while, but since there's no timeframe of when it'll be fixed, I figured at least some people can use it, and my work won't go to waste.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
You're the man, dude. Do you want me to buy you a thing or something this tweak is the tits, and your walkthrough was quite explanatory.

It does futz with your NC toggle arrangement, but it's easy enough to fix. Goddamn, you are a saint.

e: also, the toggle icon is adorable, glad you found a source for that

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 1, 2013

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

Blimpkin posted:

You're the man, dude. Do you want me to buy you a thing or something this tweak is the tits, and your walkthrough was quite explanatory.

It does futz with your NC toggle arrangement, but it's easy enough to fix. Goddamn, you are a saint.

e: also, the toggle icon is adorable, glad you found a source for that
Nah I don't need anything, I appreciate it though. Glad you got it working. I ended up making the icon myself :hellyeah:

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Cawd Rud posted:

You're in luck since you have an iPhone 4... IF you have your SHSH blobs saved for whatever version you want to downgrade to... AND if they weren't saved by Cydia automatically. So if you saved your own SHSH blobs, you can use sn0wbreeze.

Cheers for that advice but it looks like I'm really hosed since I don't have the previous blob version of any updates. Only able to extract the 6.1.3 SHSH.. :sigh:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is there a tweak that lets you change the app that the camera shortcut on the lockscreen uses?

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Bucket Joneses posted:

Is there a tweak that lets you change the app that the camera shortcut on the lockscreen uses?

AnyLockApp lets you choose.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Mobile facetime is only allowed on tiered data plans. Generally on grandfathered unlimited data plans (AT&T) you get this:

if you try to toggle Use Cellular Data on Settings-Facetime. Somehow my phone enabled it and I can now do mobile Facetime on an unlimited plan.

Do you have 3G Unrestrictor installed?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Do you have 3G Unrestrictor installed?

Nope. Nor My3G. The only things I have that could affect the network would be tetherme and pdanet. This is also a "fresh" install so no old backup carrying anything from a previous phone when I did use My3G.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"
Hi I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 5 its on 6.1 at the moment and I have the blobs for 6.1.2 saved with tiny umbrella. Does that whole TSS server stuff work for the iPhone 5 like it did for previous models? I'm having a bit of trouble getting it working with a Shift restore method. Just wondering if there I am doing something wrong or using the wrong program.

Mujaji fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Apr 4, 2013

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
From what I'm aware, and I might be wrong, but the i5 won't allow you to shift-restore even with saved blobs. If you want to jailbreak ten its best to stay in 6.1

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

Hamburlgar posted:

From what I'm aware, and I might be wrong, but the i5 won't allow you to shift-restore even with saved blobs. If you want to jailbreak ten its best to stay in 6.1

Sucks if true Because I just got my phone carrier unlocked but I need to restore for it to take effect

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
The only version of iOS 6 that A5 and newer devices can install is 6.1.3.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Anyone know if the carrier update from T-mobile can be applied on jailbroken phones? (iPhone 5 running 6.1.2)

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

tonic posted:

Anyone know if the carrier update from T-mobile can be applied on jailbroken phones? (iPhone 5 running 6.1.2)

Carrier updates have nothing to do with your jailbreak, so you will be fine.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Is it possible to get dashboard x and iWidget working at the same time? I'd like to have the music controls of dashboard x and the jellybean widget from iWidget both on the first page.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has this been posted? Because it looks awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cMnFciSSo

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Has this been posted? Because it looks awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cMnFciSSo
No joke, I might make this my first paid jb app.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
That will be a day 1 buy for me! Good bye Activator and SBSettings!

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Damned awful app won't let me edit!

Velox will be $1.99!!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hamburlgar posted:

Damned awful app won't let me edit!

Velox will be $1.99!!

Try logging out then back in?

Ooner
Sep 24, 2005

drat Velox looks amazing. Can't wait.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Holy poo poo Velox looks awesome. I hope that Apple has things like that planned for iOS 7 -although swiping an icon is a little bit unintuitive, so possibly some other way of activating that sort of feature.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
In case anyone still relied on Cydia to grab your SHSH blobs (it hasn't been reliable in a long time), the blobs it did manage to get are all invalid:

http://www.saurik.com/id/15

Saurik has deleted the invalid blobs off the server. That means many people (that relied on Cydia) will no longer see 6.0-6.1.2 at the top of the page. You must manually upload a valid SHSH blob that *you* downloaded.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I just got an iPhone 5 and it came with 6.0.2. My old 3GS was running 6.1.2 so I can't restore my backup.

Is there any way to manually transfer (via SSH or whatever) each individual app in such a way that it will keep its settings?

Also, is there any way to transfer the saved WiFi networks/passwords from the old phone to the new one?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

What's the point of Velox? You're not saving any taps, it just opens a smaller and less useful version of the app :psyduck: The only thing that actually saves time is the Settings toggles.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Kazy posted:

What's the point of Velox? You're not saving any taps, it just opens a smaller and less useful version of the app :psyduck: The only thing that actually saves time is the Settings toggles.
I thought the same thing. I mean, it looks neat, probably because it's different, but after thinking about it I don't see any benefit above the gee whiz factor.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Two questions:

1) Is there any tweak that will let me show just the battery percentage indicator (ie: hide the battery icon)? Google isn't helping much because it just tells me how to enable the built-in percentage indicator.

2) I'm using Typophone Weather on my iPhone 5, in conjunction with Lockscreen Clock Hide and a tweak to remove the statusbar clock in the lockscreen. For the most part it works great, but I'm having a small issue where when I start playing music, it will show the album art, but it won't show any clock at all. Is there any way for my lockscreen to display the typophone clock even when I'm playing music?

Here's a couple of images to illustrate what I mean:

Default:

With music playing:

Ev
Aug 3, 2006
Try Bolt for hiding the battery icon.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Has anyone tried Quick Reply for Facebook Messenger yet? 1,99 from Cydia. Looks good but could maybe use some polishing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wunTGiMHzik

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Hi guys, thanks for all the info in this thread.

Is there a way I can make Equalizer or any other app for that matter, my default music player? I ask because I started using one of those hands free earphone/mic combos that has volume controls on it along with start/stop. After a while Equalizer loses focus and music takes over.

While I am at at, is there a way to restore the downloading pictures from facebook function?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Rabite posted:

While I am at at, is there a way to restore the downloading pictures from facebook function?
That still exists, it's just built into iOS now. Settings > Facebook > Update All Contacts.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Is there any iOS 6 replacement for Ipsum? I mean, Ipsum still works but now you can only clear the notification from the lockscreen, but it won't remove badges, and it won't remove it from the Notification Center.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

SHSH blobs are unique to a physical device right? If I exchange my current phone for a replacement, the SHSH blob I've saved locally wouldn't work for stitching the blob to the 6.1.2 .IPSW to upgrade to that, right? (Sorry if my understanding of upgrading to non-current firmware is lacking).

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Correct. And if you have an iphone5 there is no downgrading period since SHSH blobs aren't enough.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
Is it still true that iPad 6.1.3 owners are out of luck, until iOS 7 is released? I stupidly updated mine for absolutely no reason, then thought, "Hey, I should finally jailbreak this thing. D'OH!"

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Correct. And if you have an iphone5 there is no downgrading period since SHSH blobs aren't enough.

drat. I'm pretty sure there's a loose pin in my 4S and I'm pretty sure I'm still under warranty (got a replacement a month ago or so). It'll probably come with firmware that's jailbreakable but not the latest 6.1.2 :(

Duranki posted:

Is it still true that iPad 6.1.3 owners are out of luck, until iOS 7 is released? I stupidly updated mine for absolutely no reason, then thought, "Hey, I should finally jailbreak this thing. D'OH!"

Yeah. evad3rs, the group who did the iOS6 jailbreak, said they wouldn't work on a 6.1.3 at all, and wait for 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SparkPeople
Nov 10, 2012

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Is there any iOS 6 replacement for Ipsum? I mean, Ipsum still works but now you can only clear the notification from the lockscreen, but it won't remove badges, and it won't remove it from the Notification Center.

Lorem will let you clear from the Notification Centre. Although, it won't clear badges.

• Locked thread