Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

...he's going to cut to Slick and then immediately cut away again because Spades and Ms. Paint have hooked up, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Even Caliborn doesn't want to hear about how you creep on twelve year old ghost aliens Hussie.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bobulus posted:

...he's going to cut to Slick and then immediately cut away again because Spades and Ms. Paint have hooked up, isn't he?

Better yet, John will wind up in Hussie's study, breaking up a slickpaint makeout

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Ok I swear I'm going nuts, but is anyone else getting hyperlinks from the text in this update? Or did I just get viruses on my computer?

EDIT: ok nevermind, I just reengaged my adblock on the page and it went away. Got some weird toolbar installed on chrome, time to uninstall/reinstall

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 7, 2013

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You've got viruses, dude.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why yes Andrew Hussie. I, too, wonder what Spades Slick is up to! Nice to see that we share so many interests, like salamancers naming skeletons for hours.

VVV There wasn't a single drop of irony in what I said, I really love Spades Slick and consort shenanigans. VVV

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 7, 2013

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

For a moment I wondered if you had one of those MSPA add-ons like the ones that translate Serenity text, or snip out Troll quirks, or auto-open pesterlogs and they had just broken.

But it probably is viruses.

Blackheart posted:

Why yes Andrew Hussie. I, too, wonder what Spades Slick is up to! Nice to see that we share so many interests, like salamancers naming skeletons for hours.

This except unironically.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Midnight Raider posted:

For a moment I wondered if you had one of those MSPA add-ons like the ones that translate Serenity text, or snip out Troll quirks, or auto-open pesterlogs and they had just broken.

But it probably is viruses.

Yeah on any other page I would just go straight to the virus scanner, but who knows how meta this webcomic will end up at the end.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Clearly the revelation that Lord English's henchmen are really made of felt and he calls them puppets foreshadows his own demise through time and space shenanigans: The green puppet is really Lord English

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So on the horizon we can see the END OF YEAR 3 text as well as the END OF YEAR 4 text that'll be coming up in a week. But...uh...

What's that thing between END OF YEAR 4 and Act 6 Act 6? :ohdear:

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Homestuck is just the best. It doesn't stop being funny and experimental. I really want to know Hussie's background, though- I'm guessing an art BA plus some English.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I still say Slick should be the one to kill Lord English. gently caress everyone and their destinies and all that other fake magic bullshit. Want to know what isn't fake? Dibs. Calling dibs isn't fake and guess who called dibs before everyone knew dibs were being called. Go forth and kill the gangster pirate mummy etc etc time lord, gangster robot Spades Slick.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Spades Slick will no doubt have pride of place in the Rube Goldberg-esque mechanism of Lord English's defeat, although many players will likely take part. It's neat matching villains to who's most likely to defeat them - who has the best claim on getting to beat Bec Noir? The Condesce? Gamzee? Homestuck's villains have a lot of enemies.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I cannot BELIEVE it took me this long to finally realize why they were called 'the Felt'. The whole pool association thing.

I'm so so dumb :doh:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Homestuck is just the best. It doesn't stop being funny and experimental. I really want to know Hussie's background, though- I'm guessing an art BA plus some English.

He got a degree in computer science from Temple, though he was always drawing stuff. He has several patents from his former job at Master Colors, designing a photoshop plugin.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 7, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yesss time for more Spades Slick at last. What's he looking at, the Act 6 curtains?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wait, if these curtains are both on Caliborn's Earth and Hussie-planet, does that mean that Hussie-planet is an earlier Earth?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bobulus posted:

Wait, if these curtains are both on Caliborn's Earth and Hussie-planet, does that mean that Hussie-planet is an earlier Earth?

Slick doesn't give two shits. It's trophy time!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Spades Slick wearing the Calliope horns is goofy as heck.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

It's interesting to get a sense of scale for English with this. I'd had the impression he was more around one and a half times as tall as one of the adults or the Midnight Crew, not three times their height.

Akett fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 7, 2013

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Lord English did not get the wand in [S]: Caliborn Enter from killing Hussie. We have lost a foothold on his personal time line.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I find it appropriate that the build-up to the End of Year 4 is taking place exactly where it left us last year - over top of Hussie's gunned down body.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So Math posted:

Lord English did not get the wand in [S]: Caliborn Enter from killing Hussie. We have lost a foothold on his personal time line.

Upbubububub! The wand that Hussie had was fakey bullshit. But it looks like English took Doc's pistol instead, which might have the duality to swap into the wand he wielded in [S] Caliborn: Enter.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Triskelli posted:

Upbubububub! The wand that Hussie had was fakey bullshit. But it looks like English took Doc's pistol instead, which might have the duality to swap into the wand he wielded in [S] Caliborn: Enter.

Thank you; I misremembered those as being the same object. :) Looking back at that sequence, I wonder if Hussie let himself be killed to give Vriska another chance at living.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Well this is certainly a canon I can get behind! :allears:

Also I love the whole third-person communication thing going on with the Midnight Crew. In fact, there is a lot I like about this comic, even if I'm too dumb to understand most of it!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
:3: MsPaint x Slick OTP 4 life

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Finally a ship we can all get behind.

Anyway, it's sort of a shame that LE just ditched his gun. That thing is pimp as gently caress and way cooler than any wand.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

lotus circle posted:

I still say Slick should be the one to kill Lord English. gently caress everyone and their destinies and all that other fake magic bullshit. Want to know what isn't fake? Dibs. Calling dibs isn't fake and guess who called dibs before everyone knew dibs were being called. Go forth and kill the gangster pirate mummy etc etc time lord, gangster robot Spades Slick.

I've been hoping this for a while, ever since the plot seemed to be ramping up to LE actually being a thing to contend with as opposed to merely some kind of antagonistic but background element or plot device. Which may have been before we even saw LE himself. But ever since then, every time Slick came back into relevance it made me happy.

As mentioned, though, I have a feeling that if anything he might only be one of several in a chain of people who end up sealing his doom in some way through some unknown means, which would at least be okay.

But if he got the last shot as it were, that'd be the ideal scenario.

Dorroile posted:

Finally a ship we can all get behind.

Anyway, it's sort of a shame that LE just ditched his gun. That thing is pimp as gently caress and way cooler than any wand.

As Slick implies, maybe it makes me mentally ten years old to think that horrifically gaudy thing is so totally rad. But if liking a gold AK-47 with garish flashing multicolored lights on it is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Edit: Perhaps there was a particular reason LE left it behind, though. :tinfoil:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I know Ms. Paint came about from a joke Ryan North made about "Ms. Paint's Adventures", but I wonder if maybe she's also some kind of physical representation of the comic? The comic has all these other manifestations (like a transmitter Caliborn could whack and cause the website to fall apart), being embodied in a person wouldn't be too far-fetched.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

A big flaming stink posted:

In general, it's basically a subversion of the Platonic view of reality by making the supreme being (the Demiurge) an incredibly flawed and evil entity to explain the existence of suffering. To the followers of Plato, the Demiurge (literally "Artisan") was the perfect expression of reality and any flaws in his creation were a result of distance from him.

It's amusingly ironic that these viewpoints aren't mutually exclusive despite the one subverting the other; creation would probably seem a lot more perfect to someone who is characteristically similar to the hateful bastard that made it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Midnight Raider posted:

As Slick implies, maybe it makes me mentally ten years old to think that horrifically gaudy thing is so totally rad. But if liking a gold AK-47 with garish flashing multicolored lights on it is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Edit: Perhaps there was a particular reason LE left it behind, though. :tinfoil:

I'm guessing that people he kills with the gun just regular die, instead of get wiped from existance when he uses his mouth-beam. Maybe for whatever reason he didn't want to kill Hussie for good, or at least wanted him to continue to exist to feel the pain of his death? And now that that is done the last person he cares enough to wish pain on is dead, the rest will just get lasered.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Midnight Raider posted:

Spades Slick is now a cyborg with a glowing eye and a gun the size of a 2 by 4.

Just sayin'.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
For once, I want Lord English to not be there. Slick and Ms. Paint must live. Please. :ohdear:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Graceful Graveler posted:

For once, I want Lord English to not be there. Slick and Ms. Paint must live. Please. :ohdear:
How do you expect to run into him, when he already left.

Seriously though Lord English is too busy killing ghosts and making circles to bother with Slick. It also may be that he just wants Slick to live because all Jack Noirs are awesome and deserve life.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like the idea that Hussie is now writing his own shipping fanfic of his comic in his comic.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Also I love the whole third-person communication thing going on with the Midnight Crew. In fact, there is a lot I like about this comic, even if I'm too dumb to understand most of it!

The way the Midnight Crew third-person interaction works is the same as the narration in Problem Sleuth. Remember the Midnight Crew were originally PS fanvillains.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Is anyone else not finding the meta-commentary in this latest intermission funny right now? It just feels kind of obnoxious and forced, like he's doing it because it's a joke he's been doing so he has to do it now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Not me, I find it pretty cool. It's just that many characters are becoming increasingly aware that they're in a webcomic. Pretty well done in fact, which makes me think it's fully intentional rather than an adopted in-joke.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The way the Midnight Crew third-person interaction works is the same as the narration in Problem Sleuth. Remember the Midnight Crew were originally PS fanvillains.

I know. In fact I read right the way through PS before I even touched Homestuck so that isn't new to me. It still doesn't change the fact that I like it because it reminds me of simpler times when boss fights took numerous chapters and various incarnations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wrist Watch posted:

Is anyone else not finding the meta-commentary in this latest intermission funny right now? It just feels kind of obnoxious and forced, like he's doing it because it's a joke he's been doing so he has to do it now.

Nope, I'm loving this.