Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

KoldPT posted:

Since this seems to have also turned into a "translation discussion" thread, what's your perspective on this, thread?

As soon as he said "Eotenas," I was like, "This is how Alexander O. Smith must think!" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As I put the finishing touches on another episode (the third one down the line for release, FWIW), I'm mildly curious about something. Do you watch through the King and the advertisement at the end of the show?

Don't read too much into the question; we're going to keep including them. I was just kind of curious if people are closing the videos are soon as the credits start to roll.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Random Stranger posted:

As I put the finishing touches on another episode (the third one down the line for release, FWIW), I'm mildly curious about something. Do you watch through the King and the advertisement at the end of the show?

Don't read too much into the question; we're going to keep including them. I was just kind of curious if people are closing the videos are soon as the credits start to roll.

I do.

e: I mostly got in the habit of it when I was watching the show in chronological order and wasn't caught up on releases.

kimpira
Jul 11, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I do! Usually there's some kind of cute callback to something that happened in the episode.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Random Stranger posted:

I often don't, but that's mostly because Mac VLC shits itself sometimes if you let a video run all the way to the end and has nothing to do with me not enjoying them.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I do! I love reading the next episode hints. I also love hearing any relevant GCCX news!

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I also watch all the way to the end.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
I always watch the king, at least. Tend not to pay as much notice to the ad since it's advertising something that was only available in another country three years ago...

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I always skip the beginning and end.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

I typically stop when the credits start to roll

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Generally I watch the intro, but close it off once the credits are done.

Michael Carnage
Nov 7, 2004

To find the light you must embrace the darkness.

Random Stranger posted:

I always watch the King and then wish I could go enter the contest.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I usually watch through to the 'one lucky winner will win the game used in this episode and (whatever other prize)' bit at least. Can't remember off the top of my head if the king is before or after that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Generally I watch the intro, but close it off once the credits are done.

I skip the opening, but I try my best to scan for the preview text and speech bubble. 90% chance I see 'em.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I like to watch the whole thing from beginning to end, including the advertisement stuff after the final king scene since they advertise the Japanese DVDs, and I like to see which episodes we got in the RGM DVDs. However, if you do decide to cut out the ads at the end, I wouldn't be too upset by it.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
I watch the whole thing.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
I watch the entire video until it stops.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
All the way.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I watch the full opening, but I stop at the King's message.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I click 5 random spots on the video's progress bar, watching 30 seconds for each click. I can usually fill in the blanks on my own.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
I watch all the way to the end. I like the king's goofy messages and the goofy translations they get.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I watch all episodes in reverse. The epic struggle of one man returning to level 1 after the end boss is resurrected.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I like to watch the king's message.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have an unpaid intern watch each episode and write up a short summary for me. Who has time to watch things these days?!

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I like to watch the king's message.

This.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I watch, but only after it has been translated back into Japanese for me. After I've taken a stab at translating it into Chinese.

Oh that King. He rarely makes any sense, but I like the cut of gib.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I sometimes watch, though if depends on how I'm watching the episode (home or gym).

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I pretty much only watch the King. I skip the whole challenge segment, the Tamage, and whatever segment they have that season. It's all about the King and those sweet, sweet promos for the DVDs at the end.

No really I watch the whole thing, and do enjoy those commercials at the end.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I watch the whole thing start to finish and the people that don't are weird!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
I skip the beginning until where Arino shows up with the speech bubble and stop watching when the viewer gift screen comes up. Before I used to watch until the king had said what he was going to, but since it didn't add much to the experience for me, I stopped doing so.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I watch the whole thing, but there's been quite a few times where I'll be watching the show really late at night and fall asleep about 3/4 of the way through. But if I'm awake until the end I watch the King segment, because it just feels incomplete without it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

As long as I'm posting, you guys better block out a lot of time for watching GCCX this weekend...

It's 3pm on Monday where I live. :colbert:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I let the video run until it stops every time but I'll admit to tuning out when a lot of the post-King sendoff ads play.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

It's 3pm on Monday where I live. :colbert:

And things happen. Sorry about that. But you've got big stuff coming soon...

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

I always watch the entire video, including the ending. I love the consistency of always seeing the King at the end.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
I usually skip the ode to joy bit, but generally watch everything else.
I don't really watch any other Japanese tv so it's kind of interesting to see the promos at the end. I think it makes it feel a bit more genuine, rather than just a rip.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I watch the whole thing.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Someone made a Robot Ninja Haggleman 3 famicom label

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I usually watch all the bits with the King, skip the part with the kids, try and get the bit with Arino's bubble and I end up closing the video before the advert at the end usually, but I do watch them if the episode had me more hooked than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
That famicom label is amazing. I want to make a fake cart now.