Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

platedlizard posted:

That's got to be worth at least one neurotic house cat, and I have several. Want to trade?

Sweet, I'll take three!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

cryingscarf posted:

Sweet, I'll take three!

Awesome! They all hate each other so you're in for some fun, fun times.

Content:

quote:

Need husky/wolf/German Shepard
Looking for a husky mix preferably, but will look at German sheppards and wolf mixes too. My close friend lost his dog 2 days ago and had to put him to sleep after only having him for 2 days :( will pay up to $100 rejoining fee. Contact me :)

platedlizard fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 21, 2013

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

cryingscarf posted:

Guys! Lets start trading our pets like pokemon cards. What can I get for a neurotic terrier mix??

I will trade you for one house cat who rubs her paws on your nightgown if it's flannel, sorts her treats before eating them and refuses to drink tap water; if she sees you washing her water dish in the sink, she bangs on the water cooler with her paw as if to say "my water comes from here"

No trade backs.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

platedlizard posted:

Need husky/wolf/German Shepard
Looking for a husky mix preferably, but will look at German sheppards and wolf mixes too. My close friend lost his dog 2 days ago and had to put him to sleep after only having him for 2 days will pay up to $100 rejoining fee. Contact me

welcome to your new home! you've got 48 hours to get housebroken, good luck!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Chihuahua equivelent of a pitbull.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
"They can be either inside or outside dogs as long as they have a little house and enough water and food."

I don't even want to think about someone taking these little rat dogs then keeping them outside 24/7. :(

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Amberlyn posted:

"They can be either inside or outside dogs as long as they have a little house and enough water and food."

I don't even want to think about someone taking these little rat dogs then keeping them outside 24/7. :(

You would not BELIEVE the amount of "outdoor" toy dogs I see. A lady down the street from me has like, a small herd of mini dachshunds (hosed up BYB "teacup" ones, not ones that are like actual dogs) and they just run around her yard screaming and shivering and being filthy and I really do not see what the point is. :psyduck:

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
This ^^ makes me so angry, and sad, and I don't know what the point is either. Why even bother? :(

And so it begins:

There are several ads already having shown up for "Easter" bunnies, rats and guinea pigs on my local craigslist. You can bet there will be more. And then not too long after Easter, even more ads looking to rehome one or more bunnies, rats or guinea pigs because whatever. :argh:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

There's easter guinea pigs, ducks and chicks right now. I live in one of the last subdivisions before town ends in a death desert. I fully expect to see small animals of some sort wandering around before long.

Baika
Jul 8, 2011

Cap on, apply directly to the rats head.
So who wants a pet dinosaur...head?

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
I want that triceratops head mounted, and above my fireplace. Those are rad.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Baika posted:

So who wants a pet dinosaur...head?

Those are awesome. I want Tracy, I need a hat-rack.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

Gold in all the wrong ways.

10 weeks.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

bunnybean posted:

Gold in all the wrong ways.

10 weeks.

Oh, hey, it's Clifford.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Mixed with a bull master. what?

Also, yes, $35 will ensure the dog gets a good home.

Sidenote, :ohdear: that dog is so drat adorable I wish I could have limitless time and room and money to take in dogs like this!

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

What the hell is a mirco-cat and why would you want to sedate one?

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

:ohdear: I wanna go get this poor baby before something terrible happens to him/her, but I already have 2 cats. Might anyway and just take him/her to a rescue like this person should have. :saddowns:

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

platedlizard posted:

What the hell is a mirco-cat and why would you want to sedate one?

I assume you mean a micro-cat?

Google tells me it's just a kitten. I guess the person in downtown PDX doesn't realize that a micro-cat will just grow up to be a normal-cat.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Amberlyn posted:

I assume you mean a micro-cat?

Google tells me it's just a kitten. I guess the person in downtown PDX doesn't realize that a micro-cat will just grow up to be a normal-cat.

:blush: That's what I get for trying to spell while sleep deprived. Thanks, I was wondering if there was some sort of "toy"-sized cat out there that I had somehow missed.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Boston terror. Hm.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

"Miracle" chihuahua/pit mixes.

Nothing really weird about this one, I just want that dog. She looks like she's wearing eyeliner :3:

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Silly Hippie posted:

And they love..music?

I'm surprised they didn't list their individual favorite activities too, like soccer or ballet.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Silly Hippie posted:

Wait. Pit bull and teacup (even though there's no such category) chihuahua mix? That has got to be one of the most irresponsible things I've ever heard of. The mating and/or the birth of the puppies could easily have killed the bitch AND the pups. WTF?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Amberlyn posted:

Wait. Pit bull and teacup (even though there's no such category) chihuahua mix? That has got to be one of the most irresponsible things I've ever heard of. The mating and/or the birth of the puppies could easily have killed the bitch AND the pups. WTF?

I'm pretty sure the pit was the bitch, not the chihuahua ("mommas[sic] breast was too large for their little mouths").

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I'm pretty sure the pit was the bitch, not the chihuahua ("mommas[sic] breast was too large for their little mouths").

One thing's for sure, that male chihuahua is damned proud of himself.

And those puppies are gonna have some interesting problems growing up.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
Christ I HOPE the pitbull is the "momma" in question. The pictures looked like pretty average byb pits to me, for what it's worth.

So... presumably this ad should say "pregnant basset hound" instead? You have to wonder what happened in a grand total of two weeks that made him realize breeding his dog was a bad idea. He wants a rehoming fee :v:

e: Holy poo poo someone is selling a muntjac deer on Craigslist. "They are litter box trainable making them good house pets!" This is amazing.

Silly Hippie fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 8, 2013

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Silly Hippie posted:

e: Holy poo poo someone is selling a muntjac deer on Craigslist. "They are litter box trainable making them good house pets!" This is amazing.

Well, this sure is something that I want for a pet.

They make a really disconcerting loud barking noise too. They always scared the poo poo out of me when I ran across them in Bangladesh.

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper
Confession: I would have a muntjac in a heartbeat, especially a Leaf over a Reeves :allears:

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Pardalis posted:

Confession: I would have a muntjac in a heartbeat, especially a Leaf over a Reeves :allears:

Counter confession: I totally considered it for like five seconds, but it would probably be eaten by a coyote.

Also I deeply apologize for my third contribution to this thread in so many days, but this has gotten addictive. Most people around here are just selling cute mutty farmdogs, but then you get the batshit insane-

Someone on Craigslist posted:

i am considering trading a few things in EXCHANGE FOR :
Sphynx
ragdoll
rex
birman
white leopard bengal
balinese
siamese
other hairless cats
DOGS: (must be FULL AKC registration and i will want to see pictures of the dog and the parents. female preferred) puppy preferred.
papillon (phalene or standing ear tail carried over back)
Chihuahua (apple head tail carried over back)
Pomeranian (correct double coat and teddy bear head)
toy fox terrier
american hairless terrier AKC FCI registered
bull terrier standard or mini

things for trade:
my old toshiba laptop i will return to factory settings it does have 1 problem with the charger port HOWEVER i can fix this and show you how to if it happens again and it is slightly used requiring a new touch pad mild cosmetic damage . the batteries need to be replaced.

another toshiba laptop that requires a new operation disc possibly a touch pan error.

nintendo DS

konica minolta Z6 camera (needs repairs) no longer holding charge

lenses wide angle and telephoto lenses i do not have the adapter any longer i will throw in the other lenses as i find them..

hova bator incubator with egg turner

video games:

n64:
zelda
pokemon stadium

GBA:
ruby
emerald
harvest moon

DS:
sims racing
harvest moon tale of two towns

nintendo hand held:
pokemon red, yellow and blue

PS2:
orphen
kingdom hearts

PC:
spore and expansion creepy cute pack
overlord

XBOX
halo

xbox 360:
zoids assault

gamecube:
beyblade
amazing island
pokemon colo.
pokemon xd gale of darkness

will also consider trading a kinect for xbox 360 and a printer/ scanner

and 1 male ragdoll cat unaltered not registered.

i will trade multiples but it depends however so contact me. =]!

Look at all that stuff you could get for a cat! ...Or a dog! It doesn't really matter which!

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

Craigslist posted:

We recently adopted this little girl (lab mix puppy) without knowing how much attention she really needs. Shes about the same age as our daughter... 6 weeks. So, we have our hands full already. She's really sweet. Kind of skittish but she was like that when we brought her home.

I'm guessing the dog and the baby were born on the same day and they thought this was cute? Or something? But by the time the dog was old enough to leave its mother (not that it is now, either) wouldn't they have already realized the newborn was a lot of work? I really wish I knew the thought process of people like this.

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE
One of the things that annoys me most is getting rid of pets you've had for a long time because you got a new pet. Also, all four feet declawed.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

hhgtrillian posted:

One of the things that annoys me most is getting rid of pets you've had for a long time because you got a new pet. Also, all four feet declawed.

these ads posted by someone doing something obviously lovely always include "we'll be very careful choosing new owners so be prepared to answer questions"

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

How on earth do you not have time to take care of a betta? :psyduck:

NewsGunkie
Jul 23, 2007
Sometimes, there's a clog in the pipelines.

hhgtrillian posted:

These cats are so close to me. And these sort of ads are way too frequent in this part of the country/anywhere, I guess. :( If I didn't think the roommate would disapprove of another cat or two, I'd gladly help these guys get into a better situation.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Here are a few smaller ones I ran across today. There was one last night that got flagged and taken down that was a lady yelling about how mean people are because she has responded to a bunch of ads for puppies for her daughter and the people never respond and they are breaking her daughter's heart and she is willing to settle for a kitten too. Then went off saying that these craigslist people are forcing her to go to a pet store to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a dog or cat for her daughter. IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT :'( Someone posted an ad in response saying "Uh... why not go to the shelters?"

You would think a person would know how to spell the things they want to get but that is just asking way too much.

Intersexshun.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Silly Hippie posted:

Look at all that stuff you could get for a cat! ...Or a dog! It doesn't really matter which!

I dunno man, Zoids Assault is getting hard to find nowadays. Dogs are loving EVERYWHERE. Hell, I got one right next to me.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 14, 2013

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
My favorite part is that it's obvious by the list of games that that kid is like maybe 14, desperate for a pet, any pet.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

How does someone just "not notice" that their dog is gone? I realize it's a chihuahua, so it's small, but I have ridiculously tiny chihuahuas too, and there's just NO way I could fail to notice if one just somehow wasn't there after a few minutes. It looks about 1 1/2 hours went by at minimum before this person realized their dog was gone...it may have been longer. The way they are describing the event makes it difficult to know exactly what happened, when.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I dunno, if my dogs were all curled up asleep somewhere I could see how I might not notice one as missing until an hour or two after in happened. If you're busy doing stuff and the dog is presumably sleeping it could take a while before you look up and go "oh poo poo where's the dog." Especially if the dog is a tiny chihuahua that sleeps all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

InEscape posted:

My favorite part is that it's obvious by the list of games that that kid is like maybe 14, desperate for a pet, any pet.

I'd guess in their 20s. All three original pokemon games, n64 stuff, etc. I'm 23 and I own/owned most of the stuff on that list.

• Locked thread