Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Tom has brought up the one good thing to come from Annie's association with the forest. The fact that she is the only one running is a little disconcerting though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

He also posted this on his Twitter:

quote:

Gunnerkrigg ‏@gunnerkrigg 9h

When I was a kid I sliced all my fingers open with bamboo by accident. I put my hand in the river and the blood flowed out like ribbons.

Which sounds like something Bobby would write.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Right there, panel two. Utter greatness. :allears:

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
I am not sure if Annie is the worst Forest Medium ever or the best Forest Medium ever.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Assuming she's the second forest medium ever, then I would say she's the best.

For some reason, I can't stop seeing Antimony as mini-person dancing on Eglamore's shoulder in panel two.

Given this is my first post and all, I'd like to say that I'm grateful this thread exists. The official forums are kind of meh, and it's nice to see competent discussion of this comic. Also, the avatars are great and many.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

karmicknight posted:

The fact that she is the only one running is a little disconcerting though.

Why? Parley & Smitty will teleport away at the most perfectly convenient moment; and Eglamore can jump across the bridge in a tenth of a second.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Cat Mattress posted:

Why? Parley & Smitty will teleport away at the most perfectly convenient moment; and Eglamore can jump across the bridge in a tenth of a second.

I was sort of wondering about that; have we ever seen anyone cross the Annan Waters by any means other than the bridge? Is it as supernatural as Coyote's stories imply? Maybe it can stop Parley's jumps and Eglamore's actual jumps. In particular, it seems like Eglamore always goes across the bridge, even when there is reason not to - for example, when Annie blocked the bridge with fire.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Carv-fieeeeld!

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.
So many excellent faces on this page.

Wili posted:

I am not sure if Annie is the worst Forest Medium ever or the best Forest Medium ever.

Both.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Wittgen posted:

For some reason, I can't stop seeing Antimony as mini-person dancing on Eglamore's shoulder in panel two.

I didn't see that at all until now. :argh:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

That is just it, they can flee, but they aren't, meaning that this is a weird thing, deer-in-the-headlights weird. That means the forest has something weird, and Annie and Smitty decided to all up and pester it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I was sort of wondering about that; have we ever seen anyone cross the Annan Waters by any means other than the bridge? Is it as supernatural as Coyote's stories imply? Maybe it can stop Parley's jumps and Eglamore's actual jumps. In particular, it seems like Eglamore always goes across the bridge, even when there is reason not to - for example, when Annie blocked the bridge with fire.

I imagine if you try to cross the Annan Waters without using the bridge Jeanne will not be best pleased with you.

Anyone else getting a lot of 500 errors when trying to access the site?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Anyone else getting a lot of 500 errors when trying to access the site?

Yup, came here to see if it was just me or not.

E: Well the page finally loaded but it's covered with mysql errors (I don't what mysql is).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

karmicknight posted:

That is just it, they can flee, but they aren't, meaning that this is a weird thing, deer-in-the-headlights weird. That means the forest has something weird, and Annie and Smitty decided to all up and pester it.
I feel like it was more Annie's decision that Smitty's. She seems a lot more okay with this situation than he does.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Works for me.

Fruits of the sea posted:

E: Well the page finally loaded but it's covered with mysql errors (I don't what mysql is).

It's some database software that's used on a ton of websites to, well, store website data stuff, like forum posts, or the images to show on comic pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow you to store telescopes.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Annie just got tapped for the Forest's Olympic team. Of course she's going to run at every opportunity.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Wittgen posted:

And avatar-sized.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Edward_Tohr posted:

And avatar-sized.

All I can see now is WIGGLE HE.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Dammit I haven't been able to read the comic all day.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I'm still calling that this is actually Coyote shapeshifted as Annie, as an introduction to what Smitty will have to go through. :colbert:

Edward_Tohr posted:

And avatar-sized.

Snatching this for myself.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

♪I'm a young lady who's as tough as a man♪
♪I can shake-a my booty, I can shake-a my can♪
♪I'm a fine, fiery lady, I can spank all yer bums♪
♪I'll spank all yer bums, I'll spank all yer bums!♪
♪If you're a wicked god, then I'll spank ya for fun!♪

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I could see Mort composing ballads about Antimony, then travelling along with her singing them and shape changing constantly to provide her with dramatic lighting. His job is to scare people, and Antimony is pretty scary.

Those gifs are amazing.

Also, the site is working fine for me, in case that's a problem people are still having.

Edit: I have an avatar now? That's kind of magical.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
Almost certain they're running from a mildly amused but still terrifying Coyote. Else why would Annie be so happy?

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
So do you all think there would be some kind of fan backlash if Reynardine took his fox body back? We're all so used to him in his toy wolf body now that it would be a definite adjustment but I have to admit I'd love to see him as a fox.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

So do you all think there would be some kind of fan backlash if Reynardine took his fox body back? We're all so used to him in his toy wolf body now that it would be a definite adjustment but I have to admit I'd love to see him as a fox.

I've actually wondered if Reynardine would actually want to do so, at this point. He'd directly lose a lot of court access, since even though a lot of mid-ranking people are comfortable with him now (Anja/Donny/Eglamore/Jones), the Headmaster certainly wouldn't be, and he's willing to go to some pretty crazy lengths for whatever his Long Game is.

More silly as a reason: It's possible the reason he can shapeshift at all right now is because his body has no bones. Going back to being a Bones McGee might make him think twice. Remember, Annie's lockpicks are one of his sets of claws. I wonder if she could kit him out..

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Wittgen posted:

I have an avatar now? That's kind of magical.
Ah, you've received the Avatar Fairy's blessing! Excellent. :getin:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Keep in mind that this is the fanbase that has watched Robot go through three different bodies, with a fourth one to come.

What happens with the fox body seems rather a major thing, though; I don't know when Tom will feel right dealing with it. It isn't really about the body itself so much as Rey's relationship with the forest, and with Annie, and those are all big weighty plot elements that aren't likely to get resolved simply.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Ah, you've received the Avatar Fairy's blessing! Excellent. :getin:

When I join the GC avatar club, I think I'll pick Paz because I never see Paz avatars, and she's super cool. I think I saw a couple in the avatar repository, but nothing noteworthy. I can't get access to international credit cards too often so I'm not in a hurry however.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Annie B. Goode.

Alliterate Addict fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 9, 2013

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ursine Asylum posted:

Annie B. Goode.

Running away from my posts

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Blackheart posted:

When I join the GC avatar club, I think I'll pick Paz because I never see Paz avatars, and she's super cool. I think I saw a couple in the avatar repository, but nothing noteworthy. I can't get access to international credit cards too often so I'm not in a hurry however.

Paz, you say? Your vaguely-expressed wish is my occasionally-completed command.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

idonotlikepeas posted:

It's probably not a good thing that I can place where those all came from.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

heheheh. Cows. Paz really is underratedly supercool.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Ursine Asylum posted:

It's probably not a good thing that I can place where those all came from.

That's one three distinctive arcs, so that's not to bad.

Unless you mean page numbers. Then you need some help.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ay... sus mensajes...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Holy poo poo, those are all awesome. I guess I didn't see all of the avatars! En mi defensa however, there's a lot of them.

vvv Wow, you are an extra cool dude. I'll be saving them for safekeeping, then! (can't buy one just yet) vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 9, 2013

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

You didn't see those before because they didn't exist until you asked for them!

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Rasamune posted:

Ay... sus mensajes...

Aww, this has always been one of my favourite Paz drawings. It's just so evocative and relate-able. I know that feeling, Paz. I know it well.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Annie, you troll! How the hell was she even telling that story without mentioning why they ran away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ah goddamnit Tom, you giant tease!