Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

bpc908 posted:

Someone made a Robot Ninja Haggleman 3 famicom label

The Haggleman 3 fanart is by zarigani. She was commissioned to do the art work a while ago.

http://space-coyote.tumblr.com/post/46458320735/haggleman-3-from-retro-game-challenge-ninja#_=_

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

joek0 posted:

The Haggleman 3 fanart is by zarigani. She was commissioned to do the art work a while ago.

http://space-coyote.tumblr.com/post/46458320735/haggleman-3-from-retro-game-challenge-ninja#_=_
I know that was posted earlier in this thread, but that picture loving rules. :)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Good Lord, is there anything you DON'T do, zari-gani?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
The label was commissioned by Blackchamber. Here's the actual label I put together:

I'll refrain from posting a printable high-res version unless Blackchamber says it's okay.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Kan's bloodlust knows no bounds! As if watching Arino suffer Quest of Ki live in front of the entire nation wasnt enough, this time he must face his old arch nemesis Beat Takeshi. Arino must defeat the "classic" "game" Takeshi's Challenge in this two hour live re-match special. This Zari-gani translation was proofread by the new Hirayuki, making sure the words are made up of the correct letters.

Download torrent81 (1 file; 1.08 GB)
View torrent stats

http://depositfiles.com/files/2outui9le

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And they say Monday mornings suck!
:allears:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
You guys are awesome for doing this, but I'm sad that it might be a while before I watch this due to a bunch of IRL stuff going on in the next couple days (unless this downloads really fast, which I hope it does). :(

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Oh dang, is this the special where everyone hates Inoko MAX?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Awesome. I wasn't expecting this to be subbed for ages if ever.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Kan's bloodlust knows no bounds! As if watching Arino suffer Quest of Ki live in front of the entire nation wasnt enough, this time he must face his old arch nemesis Beat Takeshi. Arino must defeat the "classic" "game" Takeshi's Challenge in this two hour live re-match special. This Zari-gani translation was proofread by the new Hirayuki, making sure the words are made up of the correct letters.

View torrent stats

This was one of my most wanted episodes. I love you guys so much.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

View torrent stats

The microphone being a Famicom controller is a very nice touch in that art.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I finally caved and got a new avatar.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Awesome. New episode.

Anyone have good wallpapers for the Vita? Especially for the lock screen. I thought someone mentioned they made a good one or two.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

Awesome. New episode.

Anyone have good wallpapers for the Vita? Especially for the lock screen. I thought someone mentioned they made a good one or two.

Agreed. Downloading now! Can't wait to see it. Glad to hear you guys got a new QCer.

Speaking of this, are there any decent 1080p GCCX wallpapers? The only one I saw was the wanted poster, and I don't particularly care for the colors.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Agreed. Downloading now! Can't wait to see it. Glad to hear you guys got a new QCer.

Speaking of this, are there any decent 1080p GCCX wallpapers? The only one I saw was the wanted poster, and I don't particularly care for the colors.

There's one made from the Z-G birthday poster, I don't have the link, but that's what I'm running and it's awesome.

EDIT: I didn't yet find it, but here's something else:

EDIT: Here's the one (page 80 for different resolutions):

Ineffiable posted:

Here's a couple (from around page 67):

makere fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 8, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

I finally caved and got a new avatar.

That's awesome :v: I made that picture, so it's neat to see it in "action" so to speak.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I have this one on my harddrive:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

You guys are awesome. Just set a new desktop background as well as a vita background.

edit: the pixel king is in the perfect placement that he stares at me over my desktop sticky notes. What have I done.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 8, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Anyone have the wallpapers that were made in promotion for Arino Chousenjou 2?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

That's awesome :v: I made that picture, so it's neat to see it in "action" so to speak.

I love Pixel art. You are so talented zarigani.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*

zari-gani posted:

Well done, you even nailed Nakayama's posture.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SpaceGodzilla posted:

Later on in the comments is this gem, apparently from a member of the translation team:
<attack on titan is a dumb name>
Yeah gently caress the author.

To be fair, "Attack on Titan" IS a dumb name in the same way you'd get odd looks if you spoke of "Retro Game Master" over here in most instances. However, using an obtuse word when something like "Advance of the Giants" would have sufficed is just TV Nihon grade nonsense.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 8, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

zari-gani posted:

The label was commissioned by Blackchamber. Here's the actual label I put together:

I'll refrain from posting a printable high-res version unless Blackchamber says it's okay.

This really makes me want to make a fake Famicom cartridge for this.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I can already tell this is going to be great. :allears:

kimpira
Jul 11, 2012
My pitch for Game Center CX: The Movie:

Beat Takeshi plays Arino playing Takeshi's Challenge during the live special. During the one hour wait for the map to develop, he solves a hostage crisis taking place elsewhere in the building. :allears:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

For those curious, this challenge is the first one of season 11. That's why Nakayama botching the opening was featured in the Lemmings 24 hour challenge later that season.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kimpira posted:

My pitch for Game Center CX: The Movie:

Beat Takeshi plays Arino playing Takeshi's Challenge during the live special. During the one hour wait for the map to develop, he solves a hostage crisis taking place elsewhere in the building. :allears:
The climactic sequence will involve Abe (as himself) driving his bike through a window to run over the villain's right-hand man before he stabs Arino in the back, who's celebrating having stopped the lead antagonist.

This will be the only time he appears in the film.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

This will be the only time he appears in the film.

It was amazing until this part.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/08/farewell-umihara-kawase-is-planned-for-overseas-release/#czxLiqyQtbCQcsmF.99

Sounds like we may actually get to play Farewell Umihara Kawase without going through a lot of trouble. It has me really excited, i'd love a chance to actually play the game series.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Since the discussion here is almost as frequently about translation as it is about a middle aged comedian playing old video games on camera, I think Umberto Eco's thoughts on the subject would be appreciated by many of you: http://www.themodernword.com/eco/eco_guardian94.html

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Anyone know a place where one can find full episodes on Youtube? I'd like to show the series off to a friend, but I don't know how comfortable they'd be with torrenting it right off the bat. :sweatdrop:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Anyone know a place where one can find full episodes on Youtube? I'd like to show the series off to a friend, but I don't know how comfortable they'd be with torrenting it right off the bat. :sweatdrop:

FujiTV is pulling GCCX videos off of YouTube. Try Dailymotion.

Lik
Apr 8, 2013

Kachou ON!
Yay, I'm finally a SA member so I can tell you guys that I love you all. Your fansubs are awesome~

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I didn't draw these. I just wanted to share.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

I love how when we see these things as if we were in the universe it looks so damned creepy. XD

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I didn't draw these. I just wanted to share.

Haha yes, I remember finding these. Some brilliant people out there.

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013
Cameraman Abe has posted a message for us on the Facebook page.

quote:

Hey guys, I have this message from Cameraman ABE for you. He says, "I LIKE, HAKATA KARASHI MENTAIKO" which literally means he likes food made of salted cod roe with red pepper, a Japanese favorite and speciality from Hakata, Fukuoka. I don't know what he wanted to tell you exactly, but he likes Karashi Mentaiko! Hope you guys enjoy this. Photo attached.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=508298599228572&set=a.215094185215683.52825.183607395031029&type=1&theater

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Someone get the police! There's some kind of young motorcycle punk on Facebook!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I'm glad I did it justice. Your artistic talents never cease to amaze me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

He really, really reminds me Kazama Kiryu in this picture.