Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The part in the newest Retsu video sounded pretty forced though.

I dunno, this is kinda funny at the moment but I have a feeling it'll be pretty annoying if you keep doing it for several more videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Diabetus, your puns are tearing the LP family apart! :qq:

I can't really stay angry when he's so proud of them.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
So I've heard Diabetus rage and THEN Slowbeef rage individually in one night. And THEN you bring in BioShock Infinite references, jesus christ guys are you trying to make me break my face from grinning too hard?

...bad omen's a-coming :tinfoil: also I was really happy to hear CherryDoom again :D I missed hearing her, she's always fun to have around.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jeez! You must have spent the entire break from the previous video coming up with all those tree puns.
Also nice to see Cherry take a break from having a life to be talked over again. Hope she shows up again.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Speaking of ghosts, you know the one thing I wish they'd brought over from the first game?

This ice cold muthafucka, right here.

He is far and away the best "Race him to the finish for a star" character in the whole series. He could loving murder The Chimp without breaking a sweat.

ArgonMatrix
Jun 11, 2012

The Nonagram loves you, truly.

Enormatron posted:

So ArgonMatrix, is it possible to do the comet in Tall Trunk and get every purple coin? Also, would you be able to get them all for the other purple coin comets with more than 100?

Believe me, I've tried. Oh Lord, have I tried. As far as I know, it's impossible to get every single coin on the slide since, as Serperoth mentioned, there are parts of the slide where two sets of coins run adjacent to each other, so you can't get both sets. I'd love to be proven wrong on this, though. Maybe there's some freaky glitch that can be exploited to move back up the slide and get the other ones or something.

As for other Purple Coin missions with more than 100, I think it's possible to get them all. I can only think of two off the top of my head, though, so I'm not 100% sure.

BearJazz
Oct 28, 2007

I love being the goddamn BATMAN.
That last video may be a good indicator that it's time to bring some new guest commentators into this LP. Kinda getting the vibe that Slowbeef may not be as into this as he was at first. And by vibe, I mean literal vibrations that my speakers caused from all the shouting in this video.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It's a schtick. And I feel it's getting old at this point.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Suspicious Dish posted:

It's a schtick. And I feel it's getting old at this point.

I'd agree with that. This last video was kind of draining to watch. Maybe it's time to change the commentary style or something.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
But Diabetus is so good at making bad puns!

Also I didn't think there was any way you'd get that purple coin star in the slide. I guess 40 extra coins is a pretty big pad.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I love the puns. Don't stop those ever.

KevinCow
Oct 24, 2009
I guess this video answers how the guesting should go: Betus, beef, and a therapist to moderate between them.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

KevinCow posted:

I guess this video answers how the guesting should go: Betus, beef, and a therapist to moderate between them.

Anyone seen Blister lately?

Neko-Bakene
Oct 27, 2012
Maybe the shtick needs to stop here.

Otherwise good video, not a fan of the yelling but still as informative as it could get. Would like to see a Diabetus/Cherrydoom video whenever she's free and slowbeef is busy.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does Diabetus sound like he's recommending Huey Lewis and the News 24/7 or does he just play it up for the videos?

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004
I'm with y'all, I don't think the entire rest of the LP can be that silly/chaotic. I'll be recruiting some newer blood for World 4 to keep things sane.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

Diabetus posted:

I'll be recruiting some newer blood for World 4 to keep things sane.

Next on Super Mario Galaxy 2: BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Dectilon posted:

Next on Super Mario Galaxy 2: BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!

Super Mario Galaxy 40k: Space Mario. The most horrifying thing that could happen.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bladeworksmaster posted:

Super Mario Galaxy 40k: Space Mario. The most horrifyingexcellent thing that could happen.

Is this considered empty-quoting or something in between? Who knows what anything is in this crazy world?

Also, bring back blister. He's the most sane one of us all. Yeah, that's the ticket.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It is completely soul crushing to finish that purple coin slide with 99 coins. It's even more so to do it three times in a row.

No, I'm not bitter, why are you asking?

I also genuinely had no idea you could jump on the skull-floor-eater things' heads. Huh, learn something new every day I guess! Do those things have a name at all?

ArgonMatrix
Jun 11, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

It is completely soul crushing to finish that purple coin slide with 99 coins. It's even more so to do it three times in a row.

I also genuinely had no idea you could jump on the skull-floor-eater things' heads. Huh, learn something new every day I guess! Do those things have a name at all?
They're called Mattermouths, if my ridiculous capacity of Mario terminology hasn't failed me.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

ArgonMatrix posted:

They're called Mattermouths, if my ridiculous capacity of Mario terminology hasn't failed me.

I believe you are correct good sir.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Having 140 coins might seem like a nice pad, but yeah, gently caress that star. It took me around an hour non-stop to finally end up with 100 purple coins from the slide.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I never had any difficulty at all with the purple coins on the slide, interesting how different people have widly differing experiences.

Alternately you guys are just bad at slides :P

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Dectilon posted:

What this actually means is that Slowbeef will continue to guest in, to further his descent into frothing rage.

The last update posted to this thread will consist entirely of prankster comets, gurgling sounds, and Blister just talking about how his day's been going.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

bladeworksmaster posted:

Super Mario Galaxy 40k: Space Mario. The most horrifying thing that could happen.

:eng101: Face Mario

Warren Waters
Feb 27, 2011
I'm almost glad I never played Galaxy 2. Those purple coins are bringing back some unpleasant memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my8cqp8u1HI

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

bladeworksmaster posted:

This can only work if we get TheLastRoboKy and Coolguye in on it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Slowbeef posted:

gently caress anyone who is a subscriber to Diabeetus.

Looks like someone just lost himself a subscriber. :colbert:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Diabetus posted:

I'm with y'all, I don't think the entire rest of the LP can be that silly/chaotic. I'll be recruiting some newer blood for World 4 to keep things sane.

If you want to increase the bad pun level, there is only one person to call.

Lithuanian Dad.

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"
Though I agree that maybe mixing things up a little would be a good idea for variety's sake, I thought that update was hilarious. May your puns never cease and slowbeef's rage never quell.

I enjoyed the Mario 64 throwback in the slide music. A very nice touch and nostalgically pleasing to the ears.

Firecube fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 9, 2013

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I've got to ask, was that a schtick planned out before the commentary began, or were you guys actually bitching at each other?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Jersey Mike posted:

I've got to ask, was that a schtick planned out before the commentary began, or were you guys actually bitching at each other?

Neither. Betus and I rarely script things (we'll talk about game plans for unusual content, but to my recollection, we didn't here.)

Any bitching we do is just light-hearted nonsense. I'm personally not a fan of doing too much wordplay myself, and he's good at it, so you'll hear more clever poo poo from him, whereas I like to make dick jokes about everything, while bellyaching.

gently caress, I legitimately like Dead to Rights (the original, not Retribution), but you'd barely know it from that LP.

At any rate, there was no like apology the next day, or awkward moments after the video or anything. We actually went right onto the next video.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

slowbeef posted:

Neither. Betus and I rarely script things (we'll talk about game plans for unusual content, but to my recollection, we didn't here.)

Any bitching we do is just light-hearted nonsense. I'm personally not a fan of doing too much wordplay myself, and he's good at it, so you'll hear more clever poo poo from him, whereas I like to make dick jokes about everything, while bellyaching.

gently caress, I legitimately like Dead to Rights (the original, not Retribution), but you'd barely know it from that LP.

At any rate, there was no like apology the next day, or awkward moments after the video or anything. We actually went right onto the next video.
This makes me happy to know, shows how good the two of you are together as an awesome duo in how pro and fast you guys are with what you do.
So thanks for letting us know man. :)

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
Diabetus is so good at puns it almost makes me want to stop trying to make them ever again :ohdear: I just can't compete.

The 100 Purple Coins thing was the only style of gameplay that annoyed me in Galaxy, so I'm amused to see that so far they don't seem nearly as toothgrinding in Galaxy 2. I might just have to get this game.

Never stop with the face jokes, Diabetus

IGotMine
Feb 12, 2009
Man people take the interpersonal relationships of LPers very seriously in this day and age.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

slowbeef posted:

I am legitimately concerned that people on the internet don't know what friends bullshitting sounds like. On a lighter note, these videos have been great, and I cant wait to hear more diabetus puns (sorry slowbeef).

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dickey Butts posted:

I am legitimately concerned that people on the internet don't know what friends bullshitting sounds like. On a lighter note, these videos have been great, and I cant wait to hear more diabetus puns (sorry slowbeef).

People on the Internet often don't know what having fun friends is like.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

slowbeef posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was pretty clear that you were enjoying Dead to Rights, as dumb as the game was at times.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

People on the Internet often don't know what having fun friends is like.

People on the internet often don't know what having friends is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgonMatrix
Jun 11, 2012

Andorra posted:

People on the internet often don't know what having friends is like.

Lord knows I don't. But who needs friends when you've got Let's Play?

I'm gonna go slump into that corner over there now.

• Locked thread