Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Blackheart posted:

I love that Doze is so incredibly far behind. :D

I also like how Itchy is in a different place every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Color Printer posted:

I also like how Itchy is in a different place every time.
Haha, I didn't even notice. He ran ahead to scout out the pool table area, ran back to his buddies, and then they all set it up. Or that's what it looks like.

Also, I'm glad Doze is catching up. I worry about that guy sometimes.

Totally random thought after reading about the felt for a while: There were still four elements back in WV's original story. Chalk, Oil, Uranium, and Amber. Corresponds nicely to Dersites Prospitians, and the Felt, now that we know the Felt are indeed Sburb game constructs. Now all we need are yellow people, possibly associated with Calliope's potential screwed up one player session.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Now that we know about the Felt's bodies actually feeling like felt to the touch, it's the perfect opportunity for Andrew to announce... The Felt Plush collection! (you get a random one per order, collect them all!)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Blackheart posted:

Now that we know about the Felt's bodies actually feeling like felt to the touch, it's the perfect opportunity for Andrew to announce... The Felt Plush collection! (you get a random one per order, collect them all!)

They'll also be the correct size relative to each other, so your random Felt may be a few inches tall or large enough to terrorize local school kids.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 8, 2013

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Biscuits comes with an E-Z-Bake oven.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I wonder what the deal with 14 guy is.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Ariong posted:

I wonder what the deal with 14 guy is.

He has coins. They each have two numbers; one for each of the Felt. One side of each coin has a low number, and the other has a high number; 1 and 15, 2 and 14, etc.

When a coin is flipped, the flipper switches places with whoever lands face up. If you get your own number, you die.

Or did you mean why does he look so pissed?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

$5 says that wherever they're going is the same place John is. Doc would TOTALLY have a doorway leading out of existence.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ablative posted:

He has coins. They each have two numbers; one for each of the Felt. One side of each coin has a low number, and the other has a high number; 1 and 15, 2 and 14, etc.

When a coin is flipped, the flipper switches places with whoever lands face up. If you get your own number, you die.

Or did you mean why does he look so pissed?
If I recall correctly, one coin has 4 and 14 on it. Quarters lets Clover keep that coin, on the basis that Clover's so lucky that he'll never get his own number showing up on the coin.

operative lm
Jan 27, 2009

> Fondly regard crustacean

Eiba posted:

Now all we need are yelloworange people, possibly associated with Calliope's potential screwed up one player session.

Hussie?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Paul.Power posted:

If I recall correctly, one coin has 4 and 14 on it. Quarters lets Clover keep that coin, on the basis that Clover's so lucky that he'll never get his own number showing up on the coin.
Yes that's right. In an alternative reality Quarters killed Slick through Clover using the coin to switch places. Snowman prevented it and then they had a hate snog to celebrate. Just another example of Hussie saving Slick's life through storytelling mechanics. Lets just face it, Slick is probably the one character guaranteed to survive Homestuck at the end.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I can't describe how happy I am about these updates. There isn't a single thing about them which isn't utterly delightful. :swoon:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Arthour gets to come along too! :neckbeard:

On a not Felt-related note, my friend snapped this picture at MondoCon in Hungary a few days ago:

e:smallerer

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 8, 2013

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

quote:

You look the clock up and down. Doesn't look the same as you remember. It was a lot fancier when you smashed it with the Crowbar. You mean the crowbar. All purple and gold and... ticking. As if deciding the fate of someone you don't know or care about. Someone who doesn't understand a golden opportunity when she sees it. sdkljfhkldhfsdkhfk Someone whose behavior may have been controversial, and whose sentence apparently had to be arbitrated by a magic timepiece. Just as well you smashed it. That way nobody could outsource their judgment to the verdict of a stupid clock. Yes you definitely thought all that now.

I'm suddenly struck by the strange notion that all the Midnight Crew style dialog is just Hussie playing with dolls, and they're actually completely mute.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
These updates have rocketed to the position of my Favorite Thing with astronomical speed and grace.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

SS telling people to get in the oven, holocaust remembrance day too. :stare:

Yeah I am probably reaching with this.

vvv

Fat_Cow fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 8, 2013

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
^^^^^ Might be overthinking things here champ.

I think the biggest twist here is the fact that the replay button works like normal.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Now how the hell is he going to get the oven into that clock?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah. Where's Gamzee when you need him?

mOtHeRfUcKiN mIrAcLeS

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Lizard Wizard posted:

He'll probably just store it in the item slot of his inventory and duck through.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

These updates are just reminding me home much I enjoyed Problem Sleuth. Here's hoping Problem Sleuth 2 is Hussie's wind-down project after Homestuck.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 8, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Slow and steady wins the race, Doze! Slow and steady...

drat, the narration just made me miss the rest of the crew even more. DD is just the classiest motherfucker, even when he's real tired of Slick's poo poo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spades is just going to throw the oven into the green sun, isn't he?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
He would never do that to Ms. Paint.

Also, my Kickstarter loot literally JUST arrived! At least, a couple of packages of it did. Might not be all of it. I'mma give it an unboxing and have a look.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Tunicate posted:

Spades is just going to throw the oven into the green sun, isn't he?

Why would he do that? Ms. Paint is in there!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ablative posted:

Why would he do that? Ms. Paint is in there!

He's on the rebound from a bad black romance. Anything is possible.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
It seems that these updates have been coming with a lot of speed, 48 updates over the past three days, and 28 in the last two days. What are the chances that a lot of this stuff has been written for a while, perhaps not even in the context of the story as it is now, and Hussie was just waiting for the chance to work it in, and that is why we are getting so much stuff all at once?

I almost am wondering if we are going to get something like 100 updates and 3 flashes on the 13th, that the end of the story has been finished for months and we are just having it released to us slowly.

I don't know if that is the case, but I think we might be getting a lot of material that might have been written before as a speed job leading up to what is going on on the 13th.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

glowing-fish posted:

It seems that these updates have been coming with a lot of speed, 48 updates over the past three days, and 28 in the last two days. What are the chances that a lot of this stuff has been written for a while, perhaps not even in the context of the story as it is now, and Hussie was just waiting for the chance to work it in, and that is why we are getting so much stuff all at once?

I almost am wondering if we are going to get something like 100 updates and 3 flashes on the 13th, that the end of the story has been finished for months and we are just having it released to us slowly.

I don't know if that is the case, but I think we might be getting a lot of material that might have been written before as a speed job leading up to what is going on on the 13th.
Nah it's because Spades Slick is awesome and Hussie knows it, so no dumb cliffhangers to toil over for days. These updates are just easy to churn out because there is only narration text and he's just reusing art aspects that already exist.

I highly doubt the comic is ending on the 13th. It would be stupidly rushed and we all know it. There are still a lot of things not resolved in the Alpha session (Jane and Jade mind controlled, Jake and Roxy kidnapped, Dirk being who knows where now, and so on) and we still haven't seen the ending of Caliborn's intermission segments.

Anyways this got me thinking about that clock door. Yaldabaoth's door has the same imprint as this clock does, so maybe the clock is a gateway to Caliborn's session?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I expect this intermission will end on the 13th, at which point John will wake up and get started on saving the day, exploiting an opportunity created by the arrival of the meteor.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
He's gonna shrink it down with his totally real robot eye.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

This page features the END OF YEAR 3 text that came between Act 6 Act 2 and Act 6 Act 3, and the other blob of text between Act 6 Act 5 and...a black hole??? (seriously, what) is most likely END OF YEAR 4, meaning this intermission will probably end on 4/13.

The comic is definitely not ending on 4/13, that's way too short a time period to wrap things up.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I'm disappointed there were no shenanigans with the replay button this time around

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Color Printer posted:

This page features the END OF YEAR 3 text that came between Act 6 Act 2 and Act 6 Act 3, and the other blob of text between Act 6 Act 5 and...a black hole??? (seriously, what) is most likely END OF YEAR 4, meaning this intermission will probably end on 4/13.

The comic is definitely not ending on 4/13, that's way too short a time period to wrap things up.
Makes sense. In comic everyone should be arriving on 4/13/2012 anyway after a three year gap period, so the comic will be caught up to it's own timeline continuity...for a single day anyway.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

lotus circle posted:

Makes sense. In comic everyone should be arriving on 4/13/2012 anyway after a three year gap period, so the comic will be caught up to it's own timeline continuity...for a single day anyway.

It's 2013 you fat nasty trash.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's 2013 you fat nasty trash.
SAYS YOU. WHAT ARE YOU, THE DATE KEEPER?

:saddowns: I'm sorry.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
No, you see, the black hole after the End of the Intermission is going to catch the narrative, and because relativity apparently works oppositely in Homestuck, time will speed up as the comic approaches the event horizon, bringing the whole mess right into 2013.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Valex posted:

I'm disappointed there were no shenanigans with the replay button this time around

Perhaps that WAS the shenanigan.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Maybe Jack will say gently caress it and pull the last pin.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Lizard Wizard posted:

Perhaps that WAS the shenanigan.

Spades Slick doesn't have time for those shenanigans. He does have time for other things though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

No, you see, the black hole after the End of the Intermission is going to catch the narrative, and because relativity apparently works oppositely in Homestuck, time will speed up as the comic approaches the event horizon, bringing the whole mess right into 2013.

Imagine four Table Stickballs on the edge of a cliff...

time works same-ways.