Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

Isn't there some kind of way to get drops that fall under the Warrior, like zoning out and coming back in?
Yeah, you can exit back into the Hero's Pass by falling into the lava to get back up top, then come back in. It's kind of a pain but it works if you're fine with losing a chunk of cash.

UVHM has made me realize how worthless money is. I don't spend it on anything, so I don't care if I die now. Which is a good and bad thing I guess. It's good since it means nothing to lose, but it makes me value my life less and charge head first into situations where I can't survive.

I'm looking forward to the run with Maya though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

I'm pretty much just left with the arena challenges and Terramorphous in TVHM, and I'm getting by rear end kicked on both. Anyone willing to lend me a hand? Online right now, GT: SubConcept

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

burntpork posted:

I really want the new pearl sniper (storm) for my mechromancer. I'm wondering how it will proc Interspersed Outburst with the explosion and tiny orbs of electricity it also spawns.

I have one and a bone of the ancients with shock damage and cool down rate but I can't enter your game for some reason since it only says invite. I managed to get a legendary off a loot midget but it was the shittastic flakker that had the absolute worst fire rate and reload speed I have ever seen on a gun :negative:. At least tumba gave me a slag deliverance which is loving awesome in UVHM.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Marogareh posted:

I have one and a bone of the ancients with shock damage and cool down rate but I can't enter your game for some reason since it only says invite. I managed to get a legendary off a loot midget but it was the shittastic flakker that had the absolute worst fire rate and reload speed I have ever seen on a gun :negative:. At least tumba gave me a slag deliverance which is loving awesome in UVHM.

Cool, I'll send you a message when I get home. Got a murdering slagga and slag cc, and topneaas for you.

edit: Storm is everything I ever wanted and I now must respec around it.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 7, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

I got the Flakker once, tried it on some bandits, and sold it immediately after. Goddamn that is a lovely gun no matter what. I'd sooner have a white level pistol than that thing.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
Been playing through UVHM this weekend with my Siren, and there's a few things it's brought to my attention.

First of all lets talk spec. These all assume a Slayer of Terramorphous class mod, hence the vagrant points floating around here and there on the tier 1 options.

At the moment I'm running this at level 54;

The goal is to end up like this, with one point left over, which will give me chance to experiment with Ruin and Thoughtlock working together;

However, there is also this spec possibility;

The way I see this spec working is primarily through survivability from Harmony accompanied with the DPS provided by Cataclysm, however I'm yet to really experiment with it, due to being level 54 and all. The main thing I'm really going for is slag opportunities. Harmony provides Scorn which and Motion gives Sub-sequence. This third spec loses out on Converge however, which lowers the value of Ruin overall. The other thing is dropping Cloud Kill (and as seen in the spec I'm using now, Blight Phoenix) but this is mostly because the damage these abilities do just doesn't scale at all, it's loving awful. Reaper has always been a sort of "ehh" skill for me too, but I'm generally just not a fan of skills that do more damage when an enemy is its farthest from dying as opposed to its closest.

Ruin and Converge just seems extremely useful given that it's a guaranteed slag against a hell of a lot of enemies, and combined with a Tesla/Cloud/MIRV grenade it makes for some gorgeous fireworks. You can just point a SMG into the chaos and you're guaranteed to hit something, too. Everything is also so staggered or confused by the amount of damage they're taking that you get a good few seconds respite from everything shooting at you. It's a delicious combination.

Either way I'd be interested in hearing from Sirens who've hit 61 and what they've been playing with.

Beyond that a few things have jumped out at me, since I started playing UVHM. As mentioned I'm level 54 and I'm up to Tundra express. So far the most apparent thing is how much of an asset having The Bee and Moxxi's Good touch is. The amount of health enemies have is utterly insane, and the increase in damage output even with slag in mind from using The Bee is worthwhile. The second point about The Bee is how much damage you take - most shots will deplete your shields in a few hits, regardless of Shield Strength, from what I've noticed. The primary drawback to The Bee is the low shielding it provides, but given it's recharge rate and the fact that more shields doesn't really make much difference that ends up being negligible. You do take a lot more health damage as a result, but this is why pairing it with Good Touch has worked so well for me, thanks to the incredible amount of health regen it provides when accompanied with the damage output you're doing in general, add in the Terramorphous Siren mod and you've got a recipe for constantly regenerating health (plus that which you get from Sweet Release) and a poo poo ton of damage.

That being said it strikes me as odd that if I'm not using these two items as much as possible that the game is a lot less fun - harder sure but not in the fun way. Using the Bee means I need to keep it topped out at all times in order to be effective, and that involves making clever use of cover and in more open areas (i.e. when dealing with Badass Mutated Varkids in Tundra Express) being able to maneuver and use the terrain to my advantage. The way I'm playing at the moment is some of the best fun I've had in a game I find it personally difficult to fault, but there's this nagging feeling that whilst I'm finding things balanced and interesting, it's because of what I'm using. Sooner or later my level 50 Good Touch is going to become out of date too, and whilst I can always get another one there's also the fact that I'd prefer one at level 61.

Anyway, I'd love to hear more thoughts from Sirens and other classes about how they're dealing with UVHM, in particular if you're going solo like I am.

iTrust fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 8, 2013

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
UVHM is absolutly crappin' loot for me. Loving it so much again.

I'm loving joining random games on the minion mission with my undergeared Gaige and dying repeatedly on route to Flynt with 3 other undergeared people. People get so angry lol

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
iTrust, try splitting the difference so you can get Ruin + Converge + Wreck.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Does Sub-Sequence reapply Ruin? If so I'd go heavy on that first build. Maybe put points in Suspension instead of Inertia if that's the case.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

Kifisonfire posted:

Does Sub-Sequence reapply Ruin? If so I'd go heavy on that first build. Maybe put points in Suspension instead of Inertia if that's the case.

Need to test this when I have more skill points at my disposal, but that's what I was hoping for when looking into where I was going to go. Suspension over Inertia definitely seems like the logical step if that ends up being the case.

If not though, then Ruin, Converge and Wreck as jackofarcades has mentioned would probably be the next best thing.

I think the biggest excitement I have overall for UVHM is trying out all these new skill combinations.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

That's the one thing I miss about Gaige. She doesn't have a native slag skill, so really the best I can do is go Make It Sparkle. But even then I end up hitting Deathtrap with whatever element I'm using anyway. It kind of sucks (Although when he's the right element and the enemy is slagged, DT will kill pretty much anything in one robot rampage swipe. It owns)

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kifisonfire posted:

That's the one thing I miss about Gaige. She doesn't have a native slag skill, so really the best I can do is go Make It Sparkle. But even then I end up hitting Deathtrap with whatever element I'm using anyway. It kind of sucks (Although when he's the right element and the enemy is slagged, DT will kill pretty much anything in one robot rampage swipe. It owns)

Doesn't Interspersed Outburst slag?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Rudoku posted:

Doesn't Interspersed Outburst slag?

It's not a very reliable way to slag. At 5/5 skill points it has about 50% chance to slag 1 enemy you hit (if you left it to stack from 1 to 5). You can use a class mod to get up to 90%-100% (Slayer of Terramorphous and Technophile class mod), but you still have to wait for it to stack.

It also sucks if you play in close range since it only applies to one bullet, and you have to NOT shoot for it to re-stack.

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

Kifisonfire posted:

I've been having moderate success hitting Deathtrap with a slag weapon and then firing away at enemies with their corresponding elemental weakness. Either DT slags them/does extra slag damage, or I accidentally hit him with the element which will do bonus damage anyway. And while this might seem obvious, switching to higher damage/slower firing weapons (basically Torgue weapons and sniper rifles) really ups the effectiveness of Interspersed Outburst.

On a sidenote, does anybody happen to have an extra Mechromancer Terramorphus mod around level 50 lying around they'd be willing to part with/dupe? I've had heinously awful luck with drops (1 legendary drop throughout my entire play experience thus far from normal up through getting to Sanctuary in UVHM), and I'm hitting a bit of a wall now.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
Subsequence does reapply ruin.

However, in my experience on UVHM, phaselock doesn't last long enough for subsequence to really be useful. If you max suspension it might be a bit better, but everything has so much HP you'll never get it activated more than twice, and the usefulness of that is suspect. Once you have everything converged and slagged, picking up a second guy for a fraction of a second doesn't do much for you.

I'm going with ruin+converge+wreck (and res), maxing cooldown while intentionally skipping suspension.

Government
Nov 2, 2004
I picked this up on the weekend since I'm finally getting bored of me3 multi as my time killer of choice. If I was to buy the dlc at this point what would be the cheapest place to start if I wanted most of it? Should I get the season pass or this add on disc http://www.amazon.ca/Borderlands-2-Add-On-Combo-Pack/dp/B00BBS9STE ?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Wilhelm was pretty fun as Maya solo on UVHM, I resorted to sniping him to death from the respawn beacon since his aoe laser attack was pretty much instant death, not to mention the packs of PWR and GUN Loaders running about, now I'm on the horrible "Bright eyes, Flying City" quest and the infamous Gluttonous Threasher waits for me.

On a side note, I've gotten a crapload of E-Tech guns from chests, most of them are terrible Bandit weapons but its the thought that counts.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I've been having some poo poo luck with the drops on UVHM- it's dropping a lot of E-Techs. Specifically, a lot of Darts- I loving hate Darts! I swear I have seen like 4 of the goddamn things; one popped out of a drat Bullymong pile. The only worthwhile weapons I've gotten are a 52 electric Topaneaa and a 53 Thre Dog (which I can't use yet :argh:). Just cleared the Firehawk quest, so I guess I could try farming Scorch for a Hellfire and see how that goes.

I think UVHM is basically balanced for Legendary/Purple gear.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Throw some money at moxxi every other level so you can get an upgraded good touch/bad touch. I was having trouble because my Seraphim wasn't cutting it anymore, but the combination of a binary slag rubi and a level 55 good touch cleared out the first few levels of the bandit slaughterhouse pretty easily

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Donny J posted:

On a sidenote, does anybody happen to have an extra Mechromancer Terramorphus mod around level 50 lying around they'd be willing to part with/dupe? I've had heinously awful luck with drops (1 legendary drop throughout my entire play experience thus far from normal up through getting to Sanctuary in UVHM), and I'm hitting a bit of a wall now.

If you're on xbox I might be able to help you out with that.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

If you're on xbox I might be able to help you out with that.
Are you going to be on today? I could use some help at the moment on WAFTT.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

I'm getting the last of my remaining characters to the beginning of UVHM so I can help out anyone that wants to start at the beginning. Hit my up if you are online an want a buddy to shoot-n-loot with. GT: Adregan.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I've got a mechro and soldier at 61 if anyone needs help. I have a few 61 drops: norfleet, a CC or 2, a fasterfied slagga, alkaline bee... mostly been working on heads/skins/challenges for the last week or so.

If anyone wants someone to go through UVHM with 50's, then I've got some of those too. gt: arkitekt4k

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

I've got a mechro and soldier at 61 if anyone needs help. I have a few 61 drops: norfleet, a CC or 2, a fasterfied slagga, alkaline bee... mostly been working on heads/skins/challenges for the last week or so.

If anyone wants someone to go through UVHM with 50's, then I've got some of those too. gt: arkitekt4k
Added you (FREE SHRUGS).

Has anyone tried joining someone in UVHM with a level 1 to see how fast they level up yet?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

iTrust posted:

Been playing through UVHM this weekend with my Siren, and there's a few things it's brought to my attention.

First of all lets talk spec. These all assume a Slayer of Terramorphous class mod, hence the vagrant points floating around here and there on the tier 1 options.

At the moment I'm running this at level 54;

The goal is to end up like this, with one point left over, which will give me chance to experiment with Ruin and Thoughtlock working together;

However, there is also this spec possibility;

The way I see this spec working is primarily through survivability from Harmony accompanied with the DPS provided by Cataclysm, however I'm yet to really experiment with it, due to being level 54 and all. The main thing I'm really going for is slag opportunities. Harmony provides Scorn which and Motion gives Sub-sequence. This third spec loses out on Converge however, which lowers the value of Ruin overall. The other thing is dropping Cloud Kill (and as seen in the spec I'm using now, Blight Phoenix) but this is mostly because the damage these abilities do just doesn't scale at all, it's loving awful. Reaper has always been a sort of "ehh" skill for me too, but I'm generally just not a fan of skills that do more damage when an enemy is its farthest from dying as opposed to its closest.

Ruin and Converge just seems extremely useful given that it's a guaranteed slag against a hell of a lot of enemies, and combined with a Tesla/Cloud/MIRV grenade it makes for some gorgeous fireworks. You can just point a SMG into the chaos and you're guaranteed to hit something, too. Everything is also so staggered or confused by the amount of damage they're taking that you get a good few seconds respite from everything shooting at you. It's a delicious combination.

Either way I'd be interested in hearing from Sirens who've hit 61 and what they've been playing with.

Beyond that a few things have jumped out at me, since I started playing UVHM. As mentioned I'm level 54 and I'm up to Tundra express. So far the most apparent thing is how much of an asset having The Bee and Moxxi's Good touch is. The amount of health enemies have is utterly insane, and the increase in damage output even with slag in mind from using The Bee is worthwhile. The second point about The Bee is how much damage you take - most shots will deplete your shields in a few hits, regardless of Shield Strength, from what I've noticed. The primary drawback to The Bee is the low shielding it provides, but given it's recharge rate and the fact that more shields doesn't really make much difference that ends up being negligible. You do take a lot more health damage as a result, but this is why pairing it with Good Touch has worked so well for me, thanks to the incredible amount of health regen it provides when accompanied with the damage output you're doing in general, add in the Terramorphous Siren mod and you've got a recipe for constantly regenerating health (plus that which you get from Sweet Release) and a poo poo ton of damage.

That being said it strikes me as odd that if I'm not using these two items as much as possible that the game is a lot less fun - harder sure but not in the fun way. Using the Bee means I need to keep it topped out at all times in order to be effective, and that involves making clever use of cover and in more open areas (i.e. when dealing with Badass Mutated Varkids in Tundra Express) being able to maneuver and use the terrain to my advantage. The way I'm playing at the moment is some of the best fun I've had in a game I find it personally difficult to fault, but there's this nagging feeling that whilst I'm finding things balanced and interesting, it's because of what I'm using. Sooner or later my level 50 Good Touch is going to become out of date too, and whilst I can always get another one there's also the fact that I'd prefer one at level 61.

Anyway, I'd love to hear more thoughts from Sirens and other classes about how they're dealing with UVHM, in particular if you're going solo like I am.

Thanks for this big ol' post! It gave me some great ideas. I'm only level 52 with my Siren but so far I've had really good success using Ruin with max duration, a Bee shield, and either the Infinity Pistol or the CC. I also use a Hellfire on flesh enemies when I need to and I have a Nukem for when I go into FFYL. I was really really scared of Rabid Skags but as long as I can take them on 1 at a time I'm good. The Legendary Siren mod helps the cooldown enough that I can usually keep up with the heavy hitters.

I really like the Ruin+Wreck+Converge combo idea and I'll be specing towards that. I currently only have Ruin + Wreck but that's working extremely well for now. I already spec'd out of Sub-sequence because as someone else said, even with max duration it won't affect more than 2 enemies tops before it wears off.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Kifisonfire posted:

Added you (FREE SHRUGS).

Has anyone tried joining someone in UVHM with a level 1 to see how fast they level up yet?

I'm not sure XP is that much better in UVHM than TVHM, but we got someone here from 1 to like 25 or so just doing everything from End This to killing Jack. Bar room is still the best XP. My commando went from 57 to 61 in like an hour and a half.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I am seriously at a loss now with my Mechromancer. I'm running into most battles with a Hoplite; and my PBFG does most of the work, since my usual legendary weapons aren't scraping poo poo off anyone's health. Running solo has been really brutal in UVHM and I haven't really encountered any better weapons. Is there an area I should focus on in particular [besides raid bosses] to find the best loot while getting above level 55?
I spent all 5 golden keys for sniper rifles and shields. :(

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I've been having some poo poo luck with the drops on UVHM- it's dropping a lot of E-Techs. Specifically, a lot of Darts- I loving hate Darts! I swear I have seen like 4 of the goddamn things; one popped out of a drat Bullymong pile. The only worthwhile weapons I've gotten are a 52 electric Topaneaa and a 53 Thre Dog (which I can't use yet :argh:). Just cleared the Firehawk quest, so I guess I could try farming Scorch for a Hellfire and see how that goes.

I think UVHM is basically balanced for Legendary/Purple gear.

KEEP YOUR SLAG DARTS. I use Zero, and your approach may be different, but you have about two seconds before the darts go off, so use it! I toss in a grenade (Breath of Terramorphous) and dart the target about eight times, swap to the Sunny Blockhead (with bee shield) and that poo poo ALL hits at once. If I'm low on health I may melee the thing right before it dies to get some more regen.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

I am seriously at a loss now with my Mechromancer. I'm running into most battles with a Hoplite; and my PBFG does most of the work, since my usual legendary weapons aren't scraping poo poo off anyone's health. Running solo has been really brutal in UVHM and I haven't really encountered any better weapons. Is there an area I should focus on in particular [besides raid bosses] to find the best loot while getting above level 55?
I spent all 5 golden keys for sniper rifles and shields. :(

Keep the doctor's orders quest open and farm loot loaders in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I had like 20 keys, and saved them for Sanctuary in UVHM. I burned 10 of them and only got purps that were fairly uninteresting. Did I mis-hear or does the chest have a CHANCE of giving you better gear now in UVHM?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

So I had like 20 keys, and saved them for Sanctuary in UVHM. I burned 10 of them and only got purps that were fairly uninteresting. Did I mis-hear or does the chest have a CHANCE of giving you better gear now in UVHM?

I don't remember hearing anything about legendaries or pearlescents coming from the Sanctuary chest. Its still a good place to go if you have 4 or 5 keys and need a new gun or two at your level. One key is useless because you never know what you'll get, but if you have a 4 or 5 you'll be sure to get at least one good pistol or assault rifle or something.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
So, I got my grinding done on my Gunzerker, and I still have the firehawk and onward as far as the story mode goes. If any goons are interested in hopping into my game this weekend with their puny, non-rocket spamming classes to score mad EXP and the chance for high level loot, feel free to jump in. I could always use extra hands to slag enemies and keep me alive when I blow myself up every 5 seconds, and free space for picking up level 61 loot.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

PS3: C3C3B-BKTRT-55C5T-HBC3B-JK6X9
X360: 5BCTJ-3SZFR-BJ93F-C6BBJ-X33HH

These Golden Key codes will most likely help you all on your way.

Doing the Gluttonous Thresher on UVHM by myself was beyond insane, you really need to gently caress with its AI pathing to stand a chance. Fighting it straight up was basically impossible.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

iTrust posted:

*siren builds

You could drop cloud kill and helios. They're just not good after PT1. Put 1 point into blight phoenix if you play co-op to show off kewl wings. The last I remember reading Recompense was just bad so I never bothered trying it.

You could also try out different class mods with different builds. Scheming Cat for boosting Wreck and smg dmg. Mirrored Trickster for 10 in Kinetic Reflection. Chrono Binder for keeping Thoughtlock up as long and often as possible (long enough to see the benefits of Sub-Sequence).

Xidus fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 8, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
It took me 29 minutes to kill Pyro Pete and he didn't even drop a Hoplite. The new invincible fights border on being retarded; I ran out of ammo 3 different times and had to scurry from one side the room to the other trying to get the ammo boxes and then get back in my hidey hole. My recommendation is a team of 4 gunzerkers with double penetrating harolds and bees because anything else is just a giant boring time waste.

diablos666
Oct 25, 2007
Only slightly deranged...
Very successful evening yesterday. Got a lvl 56 Tactical Hornet to drop off Knuckle Dragger, a load of E-Tech guns and a Dva Stalker (my first pearlescent!).

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

diablos666 posted:

Dva Stalker

Wow!!!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So after playing through the entire game and DLCs, playing through many, many, many hours of co-op with friends, and playing through TVHM up to the info stockade, I finally saw my first Orange drop at level 49.5, which was a Legendary (are all orange things legendary) class mod for my siren. I equipped it, and to quote Maya: "wow". it's like superhero mode.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
The wife and I reset UVHM last night, so we could use it to level to 61 then tackle the "blue loot" quests. The issue is now she doesn't receive quest exp, just kill exp. I ended up being almost 1/2 a level ahead of her before we noticed. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

brickswereshat posted:

The wife and I reset UVHM last night, so we could use it to level to 61 then tackle the "blue loot" quests. The issue is now she doesn't receive quest exp, just kill exp. I ended up being almost 1/2 a level ahead of her before we noticed. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Did both of you complete all the quests during your original run? I thought about just replaying the liar's berg stuff to farm easy quest exp, but never actually tried it. I wonder if the game keeps track of which quests you complete on your first playthrough and then won't award exp for those when you reset.

• Locked thread