Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sonata Mused posted:

He really, really reminds me Kazama Kiryu in this picture.

Kazuma Kiryu doing Hideki Kamiya's pose:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

I lost it at this point. Inoue was brilliant in this episode.

Actually, I've been wondering - is there somewhere I can download raws of the Quest of Ki and Pilotwings live specials? I have the Lemmings one, but I've been having trouble locating these two.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mister Chief posted:

I'm glad I did it justice. Your artistic talents never cease to amaze me.

I hate to be a jerk, but I also hate to see pixel art distorted via photoshop. So I made this.

It's a little smaller and has a different animation but it's not all full of artifacts.

E: Slower version.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 9, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I realise now that I messed up by saving it for web when it was already small enough. Send me $5 so I can change. :)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It's strange how a few recent posts have hit on things that are coming up in the next couple of days...

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Random Stranger posted:

It's strange how a few recent posts have hit on things that are coming up in the next couple of days...

Secret underground Yakuza episode confirmed.

edit: the episode THEY don't want you to see!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Mister Chief posted:

I realise now that I messed up by saving it for web when it was already small enough. Send me $5 so I can change. :)

I made a slightly larger version of that if you want to change it. Though I think the artifact version looks fine.

Random Stranger posted:

I was just thinking that myself.

vvv I took it away because there was no way to fit it in.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 9, 2013

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

You forgot the "GCCX Live!" sign behind them.

Also, I feel like that episode was the real April Fool's joke around here. Dear god, did I want the terrible karaoke to stop. None of them can sing. Inoko MAX can KINDA sing. But even then that's like saying "God, these knives feel better than the stream of bullets I was just hit with". T_T

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You need to clean out your ears dude, Inoko's voice is heavenly :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Dear god, did I want the terrible karaoke to stop. None of them can sing.

That's kind of what karaoke is about.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

AzraelDarkheart posted:

You forgot the "GCCX Live!" sign behind them.

Also, I feel like that episode was the real April Fool's joke around here. Dear god, did I want the terrible karaoke to stop. None of them can sing. Inoko MAX can KINDA sing. But even then that's like saying "God, these knives feel better than the stream of bullets I was just hit with". T_T

Eh?! You bastard! My karaoke voice is heavenly! ! [/takeshi]

Thanks so much for this taste of live GCCX everyone!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Does anyone have a link to a video of Takeshi? I'd like to know just how terrible Inoue's impression was.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Andorra posted:

Does anyone have a link to a video of Takeshi? I'd like to know just how terrible Inoue's impression was.

Best example I could find of him angrily yelling "you idiot!" a lot (which I think he does in every single movie he's in) is a trailer for Kikujiro, which he directed, wrote and starred in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9CER73AS5E&t=0m47s

Couldn't find an example of his distinctive twitchy shoulder movements though.

Here's an example of a good Beat Takeshi impression. This guy is famous for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gklEtCZaSQ

ETA: Remember this from June last year?:

zari-gani posted:

Yes, they tried calling Arino but he wouldn't pick up so Inoko MAX scolded him Beat Takeshi-style on his voice mail. Then Kan took the phone away and apologized.

Next, they tried calling Kibe but no answer. So Inoko MAX scolded him as Beat Takeshi, then Kan took the phone and... scolded him as Beat Takeshi.

zari-gani posted:

Arino called back.

"I got a call from Mr. Takeshi. May I speak with him?"

Inoue making smalltalk with Arino as Beat Takeshi, as Kan and Abe crack up.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 9, 2013

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*

zari-gani posted:

I made a slightly larger version of that if you want to change it. Though I think the artifact version looks fine.

I was just thinking that myself.

vvv I took it away because there was no way to fit it in.

You forgot something.

I was a bit worried about the episode until the ADs started kicking in around the karaoke.

TemporalParadox fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 9, 2013

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
When resizing pixel art in Photoshop you have to make sure you're using nearest neighbor instead of bilinear filtering and, as mentioned, save for web.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I just found that out but it can also mess up a lot of the art when converting to such a small size. Can anyone convert this to 125x125 for me without it looking messed up?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You should try to always scale by a power of 2, too. Anything other than nearest neighbor and quarter/half/etc will introduce some pixel-destroying interpolation.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

:mmmhmm: just kidding

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I hate to be a jerk, but I also hate to see pixel art distorted via photoshop. So I made this.

If it wasn't for you I'd be $5 richer. :argh:

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*

Mister Chief posted:

I just found that out but it can also mess up a lot of the art when converting to such a small size. Can anyone convert this to 125x125 for me without it looking messed up?

Yes, but it's not as simple as just resizing. You'd have to either extend the scene or crop it in to make it properly scalable, which means you'd lose the plant and you might also have to move or at least alter the shelving to avoid having the king cut out. As was mentioned, you need it to be in powers of 2 or you'll get a mess, and 395 doesn't scale nicely to 125.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I cropped it down to 375 to get it to work and now I'm stuck with this avatar forever because I'm not spending any more money.

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Thank you for the live special! I am interested to see Arino sing into that Famicom controller for a while...

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I just got done watching the second half of the live special (I watched the first half last night before going to bed), and between the singing and Takeshi impressions, I thought Inoue stole the show from everyone even though most fans hated him for his appearance at the time they did this.

Also, another obligatory great job on another awesome video, SAGCCX. :) Now, let's all get this song stuck in our heads a little more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX9hUzTHRpw
:suicide:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The whole time timing that episode, I was thanking God that there wasnt lyrics. 53 Stations nearly made me blow my brains out.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Hell yeah. GCCX really does work to please the fans.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Arino can beat puzzles games but can he beat two at once when Lemmings and Tetris come together to make Super Gussun Oyoyo?

This episode was translated by Onimaru and had a quality check by Hirayuki, the dynamic duo who fight crime in their spare time!

Download torrent81 (1 files; 649.62 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Cue the triumphal music because season eleven is cleared!

There's now one episode between the first episode and 101 yet to be done and four episodes between that first episode and 116.

But that situation isn't going to last long.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kachoya Kiryu. There are no words.

zari-gani, you are the best person at drawing on the planet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh my god that loving picture.

Unfortunately, now I have a mental image of Arino Kiryu running away from a beefy transvestite.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

You already translated the arcade trip where Arino notes that he did indeed beat it :)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

You already translated the arcade trip where Arino notes that he did indeed beat it :)

Yes, we did. But as a rule of thumb I assume that anyone watching a current release has no context for it.

Also, Super Gussun Oyoyo has its own plot twists. :v:

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Now I want to see Arino play Ryū ga Gotoku (Yakuza).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh hey, would someone mind sending me some crudely drawn dicks GCCX stationary? Friend code's 4081-5518-4442.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

There's now one episode between the first episode and 101 yet to be done and four episodes between that first episode and 116.

But that situation isn't going to last long.

Thanks for another episode guys, as always. But, i must say, i like the way that sounds. Mendel Palace is in my top 5 of episodes left, and I've been waiting for a very long time to see it. Sounds like it might be soon....

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Obeast posted:

Now, let's all get this song stuck in our heads a little more.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who needs a support group for that.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Obeast posted:

Also, another obligatory great job on another awesome video, SAGCCX. :) Now, let's all get this song stuck in our heads a little more.

You could listen to the orchestrated version instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlXuLX_aRY

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

You could listen to the orchestrated version instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlXuLX_aRY

Emoto conducting the orchestra playing that music was the best part of the Taito Game Makers DVD (but I can't find video of that online...).

(It occurs to me that I could translate that segment myself since it consists entirely of game titles and I could look that stuff up...)

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 9, 2013

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive been looking forward to this episode for a long time, I really wanted to see it. It must be fate that I just got off 'bation so I could give my thanks.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man years ago I had a game on PS1 called Yoyo's Puzzle Park, I think it might've been some kind of sequel to the game in the latest episode. They aren't similar at all gameplay wise though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I asked this before but unfortunately the one suggestion given didn't end up working for me, but does anyone have a link to where I can buy/listen/acquire/whatever the full version of the music that plays during the portion of the arcade visit segments where Arino reads the postcards? According to the OP, it should be from Hiwou War Chronicles, but now the link I had to the song on Youtube was removed by FujiTV due to a copyright claim and I've had absolutely no luck with various Google searches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

KimT posted:

Man years ago I had a game on PS1 called Yoyo's Puzzle Park, I think it might've been some kind of sequel to the game in the latest episode. They aren't similar at all gameplay wise though.
Good eye: it was called Gussun Paradise in Japan. Here's some gameplay.