Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Scott Bakula posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eff-Powell.html

I guess someone was going to write an article complaining there was no minutes silence for Thatcher. Winston Churchill is mentioned as early as paragraph 5. It fails to mention the ID card system she wanted implemented though. The tiny bit about Hillsborough is the worst though

I no longer support Man U - disgusted

- Richard, Northumberland, United Kingdom, 9/4/2013 13:07

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Who loves you, and who do you love ?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Hallowed Turban posted:

Can someone translate please? Looks like Messi's calling Ibra an elephant and Ibra Messi a lesbian but I'm not sure that's correct.

It's hard to translate directly because they're both using nose-related idioms (:thejoke:) and it makes very little sense even in Spanish.

Ibra: Injured! You don't even get your nose into the pitch! ("meter las narices" is similar to "being nosey" so this makes no sense and is a forced nose pun)
Messi: You don't have a goalscoring sense of smell. ("olfato goleador" is kinda like "goal scoring instinct" or something)
Pinocchio: Who's lying?

I do agree that Messi wearing a huge shirt is hilarious

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Drogadon posted:

It's hard to translate directly because they're both using nose-related idioms (:thejoke:) and it makes very little sense even in Spanish.

Ibra: Injured! You don't even get your nose into the pitch! ("meter las narices" is similar to "being nosey" so this makes no sense and is a forced nose pun)
Messi: You don't have a goalscoring sense of smell. ("olfato goleador" is kinda like "goal scoring instinct" or something)
Pinocchio: Who's lying?

I do agree that Messi wearing a huge shirt is hilarious

Thank you Drogadon, much appreciated. I only hope I can be as helpful should anything Punjabi ever come up.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Probably fake but

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Hallowed Turban posted:

Probably fake but

doesn't he know St. Peter is at the gate ffs all that Nietzsche and can't get the simplest poo poo right

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Hallowed Turban posted:

Probably fake but

I don't think a man named "@notcarlcole" is actually Carlton Cole but I can't prove this

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Maybe he's trying to be covert.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Scott Bakula posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eff-Powell.html

I guess someone was going to write an article complaining there was no minutes silence for Thatcher. Winston Churchill is mentioned as early as paragraph 5. It fails to mention the ID card system she wanted implemented though. The tiny bit about Hillsborough is the worst though

Amazingly enough the best rated comment is Not Bad:

quote:

she hated football and despised football fans she thought we were all animals, not just the hooligans, she just didnt get sport at all, the photo ops are pathetically self serving, oh yes then theres the hilsbrough cover up, ok so the daily mail has its thatcher is perfect narrative going on but please keep it out of the sport pages, whenever politics and sport get intertwined its always tacky, give it a rest on here please

Sombrero!
Sep 11, 2001

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kurtofan posted:

Amazingly enough the best rated comment is Not Bad:

Are you kidding? Comma splices galore.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I think he means the content rather than the grammar

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I don't think a man named "@notcarlcole" is actually Carlton Cole but I can't prove this
I can't imagine why anyone would want to pretend to be Carlton Cole, though. :confused:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

irlZaphod posted:

I can't imagine why anyone would want to pretend to be Carlton Cole, though. :confused:

Perhaps they are deranged enough to desire a move to the potteries?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

irlZaphod posted:

But he's not! His name is specifically pointing out that he is, in fact, NOT Carlton Cole. It's more than the rest of us have done to avoid that unfortunate misunderstanding.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

On signing Andy Carroll at the end of the season:

Facebook posted:

anything under 12 million would be good business, just need to get him a bloody good partner....hernandez from Manc utd would be good

its funny because hes poo poo compared to messi imo

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I can't even begin to understand what they were going for with this

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bland posted:

dicanio is an assassin because he murders geordie dreams

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Bland posted:

honestly I think it was just the red tie waving in the wind when he was celebrating

also he's mostly bald and a complete nutter

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
An Everton fan's take on Kenwright's speech:

quote:

Totally agree. He is such a phoney, and everything he says makes me cringe as well. That was overly sentimental and such a pandering speech. He comes across as slimy and doesn't sound in the least bit genuine. The whole being carried over the kop sounds like the bull**** fairy tales that are passed on by them to make their history more legendary. And a fair way off the old "boys pen" stories he usually spouts.

Oh, and "The other place"? Really?

BEST... SALESMAN... EVER...

This is not a go at any Liverpool fans or families, this is not me being in any way against justice for the awful things that happened...

This is me being amazed how a few trite words from an insincere man can blind so many people.

The man is a self serving illusionist, and this is his best trick yet.

I wouldn't trust him if he told me it was Monday.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 18, 2013

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I'm a dumb idiot but I think that last one is kind of funny in all its stupidity

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
PLEASE READ: LPOOL WS A CLB THT WS FEARED BY TOP CLASS EUROPEAN CLUBS. RAFA MADE US HAVE 1 CL CUP, 1 HISTORIC FA CUP, 2 CL FINALS, AT 1 SESON I REMEMBERED WE WON BOTH HM N AWY FIX AGAINTS MU, TORRES WHO WS PLAYIN AT HIS PEAK, MADE GERRARD A 1ST CLASS CAPTAIN.. NOW TELL ME R U HPY UNTILL NOW SNCE RAFA LEFT?? I GUESS THE ANSWERS NO.. LOOK HE LT DWN TH CLUB JST 1CE DUE TO PROBLEMS WITHIN TH CLUBS MANAGMENT N NT DUE TO TH PLAYERS WHCH HE TRAIND GIV HIM 100M LKE DGLISH TRST ME WE WILL BE IN CL AGAIN.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TyChan posted:

PLEASE READ: LPOOL WS A CLB THT WS FEARED BY TOP CLASS EUROPEAN CLUBS. RAFA MADE US HAVE 1 CL CUP, 1 HISTORIC FA CUP, 2 CL FINALS, AT 1 SESON I REMEMBERED WE WON BOTH HM N AWY FIX AGAINTS MU, TORRES WHO WS PLAYIN AT HIS PEAK, MADE GERRARD A 1ST CLASS CAPTAIN.. NOW TELL ME R U HPY UNTILL NOW SNCE RAFA LEFT?? I GUESS THE ANSWERS NO.. LOOK HE LT DWN TH CLUB JST 1CE DUE TO PROBLEMS WITHIN TH CLUBS MANAGMENT N NT DUE TO TH PLAYERS WHCH HE TRAIND GIV HIM 100M LKE DGLISH TRST ME WE WILL BE IN CL AGAIN.

:stonk:

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

TyChan posted:

It concerns me that I can read that so easily.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Dzhokhar_

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Check this out if you like conspiracies #batmanshooting #sandyhook #connecticut http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theories/2012/12/sandy-hook-reference-in-batman-dark-knight-rises-movie-2446750.html

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

What does this have to do with football

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

T. Finninho posted:

What does this have to do with football

its from the twitter I was just pointing out it was stupid T Finn

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He deleted all the United and Liverpool insults. :qq:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Abu Dave posted:

He deleted all the United and Liverpool insults. :qq:

That was never his twitter, it was some stupid UK footy twitter

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
His real twitter shows him as a Anzhi fan though apparently.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Abu Dave posted:

His real twitter shows him as a Anzhi fan though apparently.

I'm gonna play as New England Revs and brutally stomp Anzi on fifa single player mode and i'm gonna put all the worst players on their team, as vengeance.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

vaginal culture posted:

I'm gonna play as New England Revs and brutally stomp Anzi on fifa single player mode and i'm gonna put all the worst players on their team, as vengeance.

but then who will be left to play on the New England Revs haha tbp

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing