Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Quality over quantity, fella.

If he wasn't deathly ill every other week AC would be on issue #100 by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

GorfZaplen posted:

Source unknown.

I hope someone can identify the source, because I dare to dream whatever mental malady has befallen the Caped Crusader leads to Batman sitting at a Knicks game with baffled bombshells, blonde and brunette, one on each arm.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

FredMSloniker posted:

I hope someone can identify the source, because I dare to dream whatever mental malady has befallen the Caped Crusader leads to Batman sitting at a Knicks game with baffled bombshells, blonde and brunette, one on each arm.

It's killing me because I know I've read that and it's probably in my Batman collection, I'm 90% sure it's from Detective Comics which narrows it down only slightly. Sorry.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

robziel posted:

It's killing me because I know I've read that and it's probably in my Batman collection, I'm 90% sure it's from Detective Comics which narrows it down only slightly. Sorry.

Do you remember WHY Batman decided to change back to Bruce Wayne before going to Gordon? It seems like extra effort for something that actively harms him.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I figured it was a combination of a double bluff to keep Gordon from guessing he's really Bruce Wayne ("Why would the World's Greatest Detective show up out of costume? He must just be in disguise as Bruce Wayne!"), and that Bats likes to just dick Gordon around.

Fake edit: Really the weirdest thing about that page is that you can see Jim Gordon's upper lip.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming someone has proof that Batman is Bruce Wayne so he's trying to pull a bluff by pretending that he just pretends to be Bruce Wayne sometimes.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Sefer posted:

Do you remember WHY Batman decided to change back to Bruce Wayne before going to Gordon? It seems like extra effort for something that actively harms him.

It was most likely this

muscles like this? posted:

I'm assuming someone has proof that Batman is Bruce Wayne so he's trying to pull a bluff by pretending that he just pretends to be Bruce Wayne sometimes.

The artwork looks kind of like late 60's early 80's so I can try and do some digging but I can't guarantee anything.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It's Pavlovian. See Bat Signal -> Change costume -> Go see Gordon

But this time he was already in the batsuit so he changed into his 3-piece. Dude doesn't even think about it any more. Batsignal->Change clothes

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Max's response in the last panel always gets me.

Pretty sure this was from Mini Marvels.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Isn't he always pretending to be Bruce Wayne, though? Pretty sure Batman is the real personality.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Defiance Industries posted:

Isn't he always pretending to be Bruce Wayne, though? Pretty sure Batman is the real personality.

That's how he's written most of the time, yes.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

Thats what it seems like. I remember a more recent story where he was on an internet forum typing a detailed argument on why he can only be Bruce Wayne while Nightwing typed out counter-arguements in the same forum.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SilverSupernova posted:

Max's response in the last panel always gets me.

Pretty sure this was from Mini Marvels.

I wonder how many times that ad has been parodied.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I don't know, but once more couldn't hurt.

From Black Dynamite: Slave Island #1

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

You know what? Trophies are way boss.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Don't think I've ever seen someone do a take on these things that popped up in comics throughout the early-mid 70s:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Lobok posted:

Don't think I've ever seen someone do a take on these things that popped up in comics throughout the early-mid 70s:

Monty Python did

Toastline
Dec 7, 2005
Chain Chomp
Witchblade #36
These panels are consectutive, on different pages.

These ones are just on the next page after that second one, though.

Toastline fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 10, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lobok posted:

From the Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-fu one-shot from 2009:

If you can find this comic, you should buy it, it's excellent.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

That and the fact that there isn't way more Astro City out there.

I have good news for you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

FredMSloniker posted:

The source was easy - Batman #303 - but the synopsis reads like a loving Newspaper Spider-Man plot arc :psyduck:

quote:

Synopsis for "Batman's Great Identity Switch"
Batman is struck on the head by a rock while fighting the Dodo Man, a crook with a psychotic urge to steal anything related to dodos, in the Museum of Natural History. The blow reverses his identity-switching impulse, so that he battles criminals as Bruce Wayne and appears in civilian life as Batman. He cannot understand the commotion he raises by doing so. Alfred consults his doctor and learns that the cure may be placing Batman back where he was hit by the rock. Thus, he places a bat-transmitter bug in the Natural History Museum under a stuffed dodo's wing. When Bruce Wayne tracks it down, his reversed-identity impulse is corrected and he dons his Batman uniform. As Batman, he intercepts the Dodo Man trying to steal the stuffed dodo, and captures him.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Lobok posted:

I wonder how many times that ad has been parodied.

Not enough times.

source

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Toastline posted:

Witchblade #36

These ones are just on the next page after that second one, though.

Jesus christ, I just started following this thread but this has gotta be one of the worst drawn expressions. Try to make that face in real life. Go on. It's not normal. Where are her teeth?!

For content (apologies if this has been posted in a previous thread):

Guerillas Vol 1

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think it's pretty obvious what the artist's source model was for that face in Witchblade...
It was his personal RealDoll.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Welp since I wasn't able to deliver on the Batman post let me share this Zombo panel from this week's 2000 AD that just popped up on twitter.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Some Thor: God of Thunder #7

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Demon Knights #19:

It doesn't take too much to motivate Vandal Savage.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Waterhaul posted:

Oh man, and the other bits surrounding that panel.

Paraphrased: Far-future old Thor tells present-day Thor about a room that was only supposed to ever be entered by All-Fathers, in which the latter will find everything he will need for an upcoming journey and battle.

And here's what the room contained:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Frost Giant Ice Stout sounds pretty nice.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Suicide Squad 19

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Waterhaul posted:

graybook posted:

Paraphrased: Far-future old Thor tells present-day Thor about a room that was only supposed to ever be entered by All-Fathers, in which the latter will find everything he will need for an upcoming journey and battle.

drat you guys, I scan those pages and you beat me to the punch. (Here's the page right before the one graybook posted, which includes Waterhaul's panel.)

Here's a couple pages later.

The pages where they get onto the boat full of hammers and ale should be in the badass panels thread.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

graybook posted:

I could hear the angelic choir singing ahhhhhhh at this panel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That doesn't look too dangerous actually.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Sure, but you REALLY have to watch out for his older brother:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

funtax posted:

Sure, but you REALLY have to watch out for his older brother:

Man, I loved that episode of Justice League.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Saoshyant posted:

Not enough times.

source

Never enough times.
(not sure of the source)

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

1,000 hoops but does he have a...

(From Dial H #5 I think)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm going to start calling people Ginchiest Gidges from now on.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
All this talk about Charles Atlas parodies, and no posting of Flex Mentalo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

1,000 hoops but does he have a...

(From Dial H #5 I think)

Do they actually say the punchline to this? It would be cool if they didn't and the joke was you could tell what the "original" joke was

• Locked thread