Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
iCloud is just a big clusterfuck. Yeah, it would be a hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

JHVH-1 posted:

Would it be much of a hassle to add iCloud support so your favorites sync across devices? (If this isn't already in the works)

It's on the list. We laid some groundwork for it a version or two ago (and I botched it; if you lost your favorites after an update this is why, sorry). It should be relatively painless once we set it up. There's some other iCloud features on the list, including syncing the thread you were just reading across devices. No timeline for any of them.

If anyone's curious, we would use the iCloud Key-Value Store, aka "the best third of iCloud".

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
For some reason this keeps happening today

Force quitting fixes it temporarily and I have no idea what I'm doing differently than normal.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
That happens to me when I choose a thread while it is downloading/refreshing the bookmarks list

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Chuck Bartowski posted:

For some reason this keeps happening today

Force quitting fixes it temporarily and I have no idea what I'm doing differently than normal.

That's a known issue. It occurs when you pull to refresh then click a tread while the "Loading..." bar is still there. When you go back to Bookmarks, the "Pull to Refresh" bar is stuck until force quit and relaunch. The workaround is to let the refresh finish before clicking a thread.

It is fixed in the latest beta, 1.11.0-7!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

That's a known issue. It occurs when you pull to refresh then click a tread while the "Loading..." bar is still there. When you go back to Bookmarks, the "Pull to Refresh" bar is stuck until force quit and relaunch. The workaround is to let the refresh finish before clicking a thread.

It is fixed in the latest beta, 1.11.0-7!

I fixed this issue and introduced another way to get the "pull to refresh" stuck up there, so don't worry!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Alright, thanks guys. I guess I must be extra impatient today :cheeky:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Does it work if you pull oh-so-incredibly slowly from just above the bottom toolbar?

Works fine on my iPhone 4. Refresh is ready by 60%~ of screen pull.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Is there any way to see full thread titles? Some are long enough they get abbreviated on the subforums and then the display in thread is even shorter.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I love these App Store reviews!

a glorious hole posted:

Is there any way to see full thread titles? Some are long enough they get abbreviated on the subforums and then the display in thread is even shorter.

You can long-tap a thread in a list, and the sheet that pops up has the full title. But I agree, it's hard to see the whole thread title. Gonna have to think of something.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Make the thread title horizontally scrollable to show the rest?

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

The Dave posted:

Make the thread title horizontally scrollable to show the rest?

I haven't seen the <marque> tag used in ages, do it that way!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Terminal Entropy posted:

I haven't seen the <marque> tag used in ages, do it that way!

And <blink> so you're immediately aware of which titles to read before they scroll over and you don't know how it starts and it's just scrolling and scrolling and you're just waiting and waiting.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If anyone finds a workable solution for long titles make sure to forward it to google because their youtube app is atrocious with video titles.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

And <blink> so you're immediately aware of which titles to read before they scroll over and you don't know how it starts and it's just scrolling and scrolling and you're just waiting and waiting.

Sadly, <blink> is only supported in Gecko, not in Webkit which is what Awful uses.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You can fake the blink using webkit animation css.. basically by setting it to loop the opacity between full and zero.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The obvious solution is to fork WebKit for Awful and implement <blink>

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
In my mind, a long-tap (/hold, whatever it's called) that started the title scrolling horizontally would be the most intuitive thing.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

pokeyman posted:

Does it work if you pull oh-so-incredibly slowly from just above the bottom toolbar?

It's working fine now, but when it happened before nothing I could do would make it work.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

In my mind, a long-tap (/hold, whatever it's called) that started the title scrolling horizontally would be the most intuitive thing.

I can see it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I have the forums set so that when people quote me, my post shows up green. For a while, the app followed suit, but now it does not, and I don't believe that I changed any options on either end. Any suggestions?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

jivjov posted:

I have the forums set so that when people quote me, my post shows up green. For a while, the app followed suit, but now it does not, and I don't believe that I changed any options on either end. Any suggestions?

That's not an actual forums option, you must have SALR installed. It is an option in the app though, but it's completely unrelated to your SALR settings.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Diabolik900 posted:

That's not an actual forums option, you must have SALR installed. It is an option in the app though, but it's completely unrelated to your SALR settings.

Huh. Duly noted. Time to go check that out.

EDIT: And hey look at that. "Highlight Quotes" was off. Thanks for calling me out on my temporary mental leave of absence.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
It seems like the bookmark bug where you get sent to the wrong thread is getting worse, or is it just my imagination?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

mike- posted:

It seems like the bookmark bug where you get sent to the wrong thread is getting worse, or is it just my imagination?

It isn't getting worse (or better), you're just getting unlucky. The next version fixes it, so hold tight!

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
Sorry if this has already been asked but I can't get any threads working. Every time I click a thread it comes up with End of the Thread and I don't see any posts.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

catpowerd posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked but I can't get any threads working. Every time I click a thread it comes up with End of the Thread and I don't see any posts.

Delete it and install the new version. Pokeyman took over development of the app last year and had to release it as a "new" app to get it onto his App Store account. The old app has been broken ever since January's forum redesign.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

Diabolik900 posted:

Delete it and install the new version. Pokeyman took over development of the app last year and had to release it as a "new" app to get it onto his App Store account. The old app has been broken ever since January's forum redesign.

Great! Thank you very much.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I've got something weird going on with this post or one of the posts near it. It isn't showing up on my phone, and it seems to have taken a lot of other posts along with it. I know that the posts before it were appearing on my phone as normal earlier in the day. At around the time that the post was made the thread did show up in my bookmarks with, you know, one or two unread posts, but loading the thread just left me staring at a blank page with no posts on it.

I took some screencaps and stitched them together to show what it looks like on my end in case I'm the only one experiencing this. A bunch of posts are missing above Oh Snapple!'s post and I have no idea what's happening with Leal's posts at the bottom of the image. Look at the dates, that last post is from the previous page. :psyduck:

e: just clicked on the link in this post from my phone, it takes me to the aforementioned grey screen with no posts on it.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 19, 2013

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Hm, it's fine for me.

tooooooo bad posted:

I took some screencaps and stitched them together

Mind if I ask how you did this?

Edit for clarity: I know how to take a screenshot, I have no idea how to 'stitch'.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Hm, it's fine for me.

Mind if I ask how you did this?

Edit for clarity: I know how to take a screenshot, I have no idea how to 'stitch'.

No cool app or anything, just Photoshop on my desktop. :shobon:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

tooooooo bad posted:

No cool app or anything, just Photoshop on my desktop. :shobon:

Darn, thanks anyway.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Darn, thanks anyway.

Way off topic but I've also been looking for an app to do this forever.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

tooooooo bad posted:

I've got something weird going on with this post or one of the posts near it. It isn't showing up on my phone, and it seems to have taken a lot of other posts along with it.
e: just clicked on the link in this post from my phone, it takes me to the aforementioned grey screen with no posts on it.

I think I'll be unhelpful guy and ask that you try the next version out, see if it's fixed. If it's still broken holler back!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

next version

Is there a timeline for this by the way? I love a good update.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Submitted it a few days ago. Assuming no rejection, it should arrive next week.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

Submitted it a few days ago. Assuming no rejection, it should arrive next week.

Huzzah! Is there a patch list of what it includes anywhere?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

I think I'll be unhelpful guy and ask that you try the next version out, see if it's fixed. If it's still broken holler back!

It's doing some weird poo poo in Beta 1.11.1-1.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Huzzah! Is there a patch list of what it includes anywhere?

Second post in this thread has a tl;dr, the code repository has a tl, and the App Store description aims for the middle combined with creative bullets and excess exclamation marks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

It's doing some weird poo poo in Beta 1.11.1-1.

Good to know. I'll check it out, might be a phone-specific thing.

• Locked thread