Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

GeauxSteve posted:

Interesting. Anything else? Are there any mods or anything I should get? I got it off GOG.

Absolutely. GoG has a great guide to mods here including stuff that fixes bugs, increases the resolution and restores cut content here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

GeauxSteve posted:

Interesting. Anything else? Are there any mods or anything I should get? I got it off GOG.
Unfinished business: http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide (at least)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

GeauxSteve posted:

I'm about to start my first playthrough of Planescape: Torment. Anything I should know going in?

Read the previous page of this thread.

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!
It's worth mentioning that Qwinn's PS:T Tweak Pack (Installed as part of the guide at GoG.com) - contains the TOME OF CHEATS. Which removes the need to use a trainer. :)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also play as a mage, you get more out of the game that way than you would warrior or rogue.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Accordion Man posted:

Also play as a mage, you get more out of the game that way than you would warrior or rogue.

Let's also say that mage gets the best toys as well.

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

I honestly don't think unfinished business is a good mod to install for your first playthrough. While it's cool to see all the cut content, I can also see why a lot of the extra dialogue and stuff was cut because it slows down the game a looooot.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
Oh awesome. Thanks guys!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

funky not a junkie posted:

I honestly don't think unfinished business is a good mod to install for your first playthrough. While it's cool to see all the cut content, I can also see why a lot of the extra dialogue and stuff was cut because it slows down the game a looooot.

At worst it adds some cool characterization text and dialog, but it's not something you'd recommend for a game that lives and dies by its characterization and dialog?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

funky not a junkie posted:

I just assume (maybe wrongly) that anyone playing this now will probably only play it once.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Brian Fargo posted:

Our total PayPal amount for Torment as of today is $180,000. Check this update as for how these totals apply.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts

So that's $4,188,927 plus $180,000 paypal, for a total of $4,358,927 as of right now.

No we we won't raise an additional $140,000 in a month, right?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Hey Twee, how about updating the OP with a bit of the info for first time PS:T players? Somehow I get the feeling we're gonna have a lot of those types of questions coming up...

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Schurik posted:

Hey Twee, how about updating the OP with a bit of the info for first time PS:T players? Somehow I get the feeling we're gonna have a lot of those types of questions coming up...

Yeah I am working on a major overhaul of the OP, first post will be about everything Torment that we know since the beginning of the kickstarter, second post will be specifically about P:T

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

Twee as gently caress posted:

So that's $4,188,927 plus $180,000 paypal, for a total of $4,358,927 as of right now.

No we we won't raise an additional $140,000 in a month, right?

I think it's entirely possible that we will but it's by no means a guarantee. Kickstarter has a serious set of advantages when it comes to soliciting investment/advertising. I'll probably up my donation cause a Stronghold would be cool as heck, but are there 70,000 more like me? I hope so. =/

Edit: Does anyone have any numbers from P:E's post-kickstarter month of donations? That might be helpful in projecting how successful we'll be in getting a house in our awesome game about wizards.

FriggenJ fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 8, 2013

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Yeah I am working on a major overhaul of the OP, first post will be about everything Torment that we know since the beginning of the kickstarter, second post will be specifically about P:T
Make sure one of the opening lines is a nice bolded bling-ey "information about the original Torment is in the next post" thing or people will manage to miss it.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

So that's $4,188,927 plus $180,000 paypal, for a total of $4,368,927 as of right now.

:eng101: It's hard to guess how willing people are to pledge even more money. However that 130k seems like a pretty low number to hit with almost full month to do it.

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

Drifter posted:

At worst it adds some cool characterization text and dialog, but it's not something you'd recommend for a game that lives and dies by its characterization and dialog?

Yep pretty much! None of the extra stuff is important or really adds anything new to the characters. Also there's a few parts I swear were written by fans because they seem a bit out of place.

funky not a junkie fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 8, 2013

general chaos
May 20, 2001
And here I was hoping that there would be a beleaguered NPC building an airship (that's what the running plan for a Stronghold was, right?) He'd ask for donations of craftable items to get it fixed up proper, but there would literally not be enough components available in the game world to complete it.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

general chaos posted:

And here I was hoping that there would be a beleaguered NPC building an airship (that's what the running plan for a Stronghold was, right?) He'd ask for donations of craftable items to get it fixed up proper, but there would literally not be enough components available in the game world to complete it.
I think the airship is what people mentioned most often but they were also considering a pocket dimension and a place in your own mind. It's pretty clear they didn't really have anything nailed down.

I've pretty much decided it's a lost cause as I can't see people that haven't donated during the live kickstarter suddenly putting another 130k down. Of course I've also been wrong before (heck I thought P:E wouldn't go above 2mil) and have no idea of what the aftershocks of a kickstarter looks like for slacker donations after all I gave to Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun well after their kickstarters ended.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
People are getting really bent out of shape about the latest update on Kickstarter. They announced they were gonna put PayPal Funding updates on tumblr every Monday and Thursday, and UserVoice will be used throughout development as a backers-only forum, and people flipped poo poo about it. Here's a choice comment:

Chris on Kickstarter posted:

I love the game as well as you guys and all but I'm sick of registering for everyone's drat sites.

I didn't purchase any add-ons past the level I chose so I expect everything to be sent as promised when it is ready without me having to register for another site.

Anything you'll need from me to fulfill my rewards will need to be through this site and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that thought as I doubt all 77,000 backers are going to want to register at yet another site.

What seems harmless to you is aggravating to me. If every kickstarter I've backed asked me to do this, I'd have to register for about 50 sites and that is not something I want to do or need to do.

As I understand it, this is not really in dispute so I'm just putting you on notice in case it is.

Watch out inXile, you're officially on notice from this guy. You don't have to register for tumblr to see inXile's posts, and unless you Frankenstein'd together some unholy pledge via multiple addons, they'll be able to handle fulfillment just fine.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I can kinda understand their point, it annoys me when i have to follow a bunch of websites and blogs just to get information on the game i helped fund, i think updates should at the very least be on Kickstarter. I hate tumblr so it would annoy me if i missed out on updates, but i follow them on facebook so i am sure i won't miss anything, it is just a pet peeve of mine.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Oasx posted:

I can kinda understand their point, it annoys me when i have to follow a bunch of websites and blogs just to get information on the game i helped fund, i think updates should at the very least be on Kickstarter. I hate tumblr so it would annoy me if i missed out on updates, but i follow them on facebook so i am sure i won't miss anything, it is just a pet peeve of mine.

Yeah Project Eternity is pretty good on that aspect.

Brother None, can you tell us whether all updates will be posted on the Kickstarter page as well?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Major updates on kickstarter yes, but if the dev team wants to do little minor updates twice a week then by all means stick that on a blog somewhere. I don't want to hear about every new character skin that got finished.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oasx posted:

Let me give you the counter argument. I agree that it is annoying to go to all these other sites and register, I've backed a crazy amount of these. But, what is even more annoying is a crazy amount of updates from a crazy amount of kickstarters all showing up in my inbox constantly. Imho, the best blend is the path InXile is taking on this. For those that want to follow really frequent updates, they can load up their tumbler site(no registration necessary), for those that just want more significant updates(maybe monthly or something?) they can just wait for the kickstarter update messages.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

FRINGE posted:

I just assume (maybe wrongly) that anyone playing this now will probably only play it once.
I'd say that's a fair assumption. It is a long game, and speaking as one who played it almost a decade ago and haven't touched it since, I remember an astounding amount of the content, which alas means that it can be a bit of a slog to get through a second time, because the ToDO list seems endless.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

FRINGE posted:

I think it's a fair assumption. I played it when it came out and only now that the sequel kickstarter came about am I considering giving it a second go because as far as my recollection of the happenings in the first game goes, it's almost as if I never played it (14 years :psyduck:).

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 9, 2013

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

Brother None, can you tell us whether all updates will be posted on the Kickstarter page as well?

Of course. They'll be posted on Kickstarter first, in fact. KS, then I put it on Facebook, mail it out to PayPal backers, and repost to tumblr.

But I believe his problem is with registering for a backers site. I know that sucks, but there's no way to help it, because Kickstarter is WAY too inflexible. They don't allow you to keep changing your info (in case you move or change your mind), don't allow tiers to be fixed by us or by the user if a wrong choice was made, nor do they allow pledge upgrades or backers-store features. It's not an annoying consumer-unfriendly choice from companies that keep opening these backers centers, it is an absolute must, there's no way to deal with all the Kickstarter info and help backers who need changes or upgrades without it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

GeauxSteve posted:

Yes, change your charisma to a million too.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
If you want to cheat your stats up but still "feel" the progression from levels, items, and Torment specific achievements then just give yourself 16 in everything and go from there.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

You don't really need to cheat your stats, just start with 18 in both Wisdom and Intelligence, and the maximum Charisma that this then allows, and then after Wisdom and Intelligence have both been boosted to 20 start boosting Charisma. Sorted!

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

You don't really need to cheat your stats, just start with 18 in both Wisdom and Intelligence, and the maximum Charisma that this then allows, and then after Wisdom and Intelligence have both been boosted to 20 start boosting Charisma. Sorted!
Get Cha to 14 by the time you find Pharod, which can be pretty early depending on how much you faff about. 18/18 only leaves Cha at 12, and being level 5 (you start at 3) by that time isn't a guarantee, so just keep that in mind. Additional cheating only depends on how easy you want to breeze through combat. If you play on easy difficulty for the story, combat is a laugh whatever your stats.

Dex may be worth cheating up a bit for the sake of a few conversation options you get with Annah if you are (temporarily) a thief, but that's about it.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I actually don't remember that being necessary, but if it is just cast Friends.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Hey, I posted an idea about toggling interactible items on-screen. Go vote for it if you want something like this in the game!

https://torment.uservoice.com/forums/197950-game-ideas/suggestions/3836989-toggle-for-interactible-usable-items-in-a-given-ar

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

PurplieNurplie posted:

Hey, I posted an idea about toggling interactible items on-screen. Go vote for it if you want something like this in the game!

Given that even the infinity engine games had a high-light button, this seems kinda superfluous of an "game idea".

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
You're probably right, but I just want it to be there so I can bitch when the game comes out and it's not in there :v:

But seriously, not all RPGs have that function, so I just want to put it out there for people to see, since I personally find it very helpful when games have that function.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Mordaedil posted:

Given that even the infinity engine games had a high-light button, this seems kinda superfluous of an "game idea".
Yea, NWN series also had it.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Planescape: Torment chat, since it appears that this thread is where that is happening: I am getting crashes on attempting to use the modron cube for the second time. All of the GOG approved mods are installed. Anyone know what the dealio is with this? Should I just shut all the mods down temporarily?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
What's with the thread title, anyway?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Mr Dog posted:

What's with the thread title, anyway?
Had a change of heart about a link that was a big spoiler. If you want to know Google Ravel Puzzlewell it's referring to one of her quotes.

There is no room for "2" in the world of 1's and 0's.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Huh.

And I thought it was a reference to how this will be the second torment game as well as the second Kickstarter project InXile is working on at the same time as another (namely Wasteland 2).

I guess it can be interpreted three ways then.

• Locked thread