Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
If anyone's listening to this week's Staff Picks, it looks like they are playing the Gary Love Tap episode. Started around 6am this morning so it should be on repeat throughout the day and probably weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
They played the first Gary pitch segment on Monday and I wanted to post it here because of how much it made me miss Artie on the show. Found this on youtube, goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_22z-qfl6E4

Look at that loving thing. The first 30 minutes are what I was looking for. I had no idea there was so much Gary pitch material. I'm loving it.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 10, 2013

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Looks like Howard lost the appeal regarding his lawsuit:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/howard-stern-loses-appeal-revive-437810

This article says that the provision about the extra incentives for additional subscribers was written expressly with a merger in mind. Apparently not, I guess.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kelly posted:

Looks like Howard lost the appeal regarding his lawsuit:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/howard-stern-loses-appeal-revive-437810

This article says that the provision about the extra incentives for additional subscribers was written expressly with a merger in mind. Apparently not, I guess.

Wow, which one of you is JDaniels819 in the comment area? (I have to assume it's someone from SFN)

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Mr Hands Colon posted:

(I have to assume it's someone from SFN)

I doubt it. SFN loves Howard.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
If I recall correctly, Howard already had a provision in his contract that said something like, "If Sirius and XM ever merge, we'll pay you X dollars." Which Sirius did pay him when they merged. I heard that this was the main reason the courts didn't go along with his lawsuit, as essentially he'd be double-dipping by trying to get the subscriber provision money as well.

I kind of agree with Sirius on this one. Why would they agree to both provisions in his contract if both were going to activate as the result of a merger? They would've just denied the merger one if both parties had believed in Howard's interpretation of the contract.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

It always sounded baseless to me, even when Howard gave Tortured Explanation #287. He came off as greedy and ignorant every time, and I never thought for a second that he would win.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Squashy Nipples posted:

It always sounded baseless to me, even when Howard gave Tortured Explanation #287. He came off as greedy and ignorant every time, and I never thought for a second that he would win.

And whiny. He always sounded so whiny.

I understand that in such a high stakes game, poo poo happens and people are going to poo poo on their employees, but is there anyone who seems to think they are getting routinely screwed the way Howard does? He has such a victim's mentality that is is difficult to take his cries seriously. It seems like a lot of his professional relationships (as they pertain to the radio show, and now possibly AGT, little early to tell there but he was bitching about the turnover with the judges) make him sound bitter because of some perception of mistreatment.

Howard's shrink needs to tell him, "Hey dummy, do you know what all these implosions have in common? YOU!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yeah right, like his shrink is going to do anything that might cause Howard to stop going to therapy 10 times a week.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Not sure if anyone cares, but things have been changing for good old Bubba the Love Sponge.

Yesterday, Brent quit, leaving it as Manson and Bubba's sister Tara on the show. That is just another member of the show that has quit in the past year (Spice and 25 Cent). Then Bubba announced that Shannon Burke (the guy that shot his dog), who has the afternoon show on the failure that is RadioIO (but his show is actually good) will now join Bubba on the AM terrestrial show on the Bone.

Also, Bubba is attempting to have heat with Spice (whose evening show is better than what Bubba's show has become). Apparently there is a rumor that Spice used Bubba's credit card/maybe slept with Heather/is the one that leaked the Hogan & Heather sex tape to Gawker. It's all probably bullshit and Bubba is just butthurt that Spice is actually doing great on his own, but he has been talking a lot of poo poo about Spice in the past week or so.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Not sure if anyone cares, but things have been changing for good old Bubba the Love Sponge.

Yesterday, Brent quit, leaving it as Manson and Bubba's sister Tara on the show. That is just another member of the show that has quit in the past year (Spice and 25 Cent). Then Bubba announced that Shannon Burke (the guy that shot his dog), who has the afternoon show on the failure that is RadioIO (but his show is actually good) will now join Bubba on the AM terrestrial show on the Bone.

Also, Bubba is attempting to have heat with Spice (whose evening show is better than what Bubba's show has become). Apparently there is a rumor that Spice used Bubba's credit card/maybe slept with Heather/is the one that leaked the Hogan & Heather sex tape to Gawker. It's all probably bullshit and Bubba is just butthurt that Spice is actually doing great on his own, but he has been talking a lot of poo poo about Spice in the past week or so.

So is it now safe to say that despite how badly they tried to gently caress him over, leaving Sirius was the worst mistake Bubba ever made? I mean he spent his entire interview with Howard a couple weeks ago begging for his job back, and (probably) leaked that sex tape in order to drum up ratings. His cast didn't even bail on him en masse when they were blacklisted from radio for those few years, things must be bad if that many of them jumped ship now.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude
I didn't see it, but I heard that Robin's medical records were posted on SFN for a short amount of time.

Anyone see it or hear about it? Probably a fake but really weird and out of line if true.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
It said that there was a tumor found a tumor (cancer) in her lower abdomen and it was removed. She started on chemo and it didn't take. The cancer spread to her kidneys. More chemo and radiation and it has possibly spread to her intestines and stomach.

I don't believe any of it but that's what it said.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I saw that a couple of days ago, but no one could reproduce the supposed images that were taken down. If it was real the people that saw it said this sums it up the best.

quote:

Basically it said she had a tumor in the lower abdomen/bladder, it was removed, it wasnt benign. Started on chemotherapy. It didnt work, spread to the kidneys. Started more chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Possibly spread to intestines and stomach.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Her continued absence and the silence surrounding it is really scary, though. I mean, of course she's going to die one day but if she passed while Howard was finishing out the contract it really might break Howard and it would deal a scathing blow across even the most venomous haters of Robin and/or the show.

Robin's been a part of a lot of people's lives for decades upon decades, it'd be an enormous moment if she passed while the show was still on the air.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

There's no way he would continue the show without Robin outside maybe a eulogy show.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Robin's been a part of a lot of people's lives for decades upon decades, it'd be an enormous moment if she passed while the show was still on the air.

This is exactly why it's so bizarre and downright offensive that they're blatantly being so covering-up about it :smith:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I never understood why Scott the Engineer got so much poo poo because he wanted to use a personal day to go to a bowling tournament. That's exactly what personal days are for. It's not like he was lying and said he had a doctor's appointment or something. Also, the idea of Howard getting mad at anyone for taking time off is laughable.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

haljordan posted:

I never understood why Scott the Engineer got so much poo poo because he wanted to use a personal day to go to a bowling tournament. That's exactly what personal days are for. It's not like he was lying and said he had a doctor's appointment or something. Also, the idea of Howard getting mad at anyone for taking time off is laughable.

He was pretty passive aggressive about Fred taking a day off because his father in law died. It's not like it was Fred's dad.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Howard seems to think that he has the work ethic that he used to have.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I wonder if some of it is Howard trying to be a funny rear end in a top hat about things. He used to be able to do that, but he doesn't have the same comedy skills that he used to. :shrug:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

If/when Robin dies, anyone want to bet on the excuse Howard uses to not show up at the funeral? I got $100 on "I had to take some pictures."

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

That's what Type A Personalities do, you see. They whine that other people are becoming successful through totally unrelated avenues, and they cry that competitors have the nerve to compete with them.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

haljordan posted:

If/when Robin dies, anyone want to bet on the excuse Howard uses to not show up at the funeral? I got $100 on "I had to take some pictures."

As much as I rag on Howard, Robin's death would devastate him. (And me, I love the crazy broad. She's been part of my life since I was 11 years old.)

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Howard Stern Show ends when Robin dies.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I hope Jackie reads a passage from her book at the funeral.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

I hope Jackie reads a passage from her book at the funeral.

Can't have the funeral without Ham Hands Bill.

"Robin, I still remember that your butt cheeks was warm"

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I put a chunk of vaseline on the tip of your coffin

edit haha holy poo poo I just heard my first ever live Fafa shoutout. Tiger just hit a shot off the tee at the Masters and some dude shouted "Baba Booey!"

kylej fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 12, 2013

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Haha I'm watching the masters and Tiger Woods just teed off to a loud "Baba Booey!" From the gallery.

EFB

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

Her continued absence and the silence surrounding it is really scary, though. I mean, of course she's going to die one day but if she passed while Howard was finishing out the contract it really might break Howard and it would deal a scathing blow across even the most venomous haters of Robin and/or the show.

She is also a human being, and no matter how kooky or afflicted she is, it is sad to see people die. (I'll still make jokes, because welp, that's what you do until it is your time to die and people make fun of you, if they even care)

It's pretty terrible that somebody would leak her medical records. She is a public figure, but she still deserves to handle her private matters privately.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I hope it's wrong, Robin is awesome and without her the show wouldn't have been what it was.

I also don't know that she'd be interested in finishing her life while working, I think if it was that serious she'd have said "gently caress this, I'm gonna do the things I want to in my last days." Hopefully anyway.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I hope it's wrong, Robin is awesome and without her the show wouldn't have been what it was.

I also don't know that she'd be interested in finishing her life while working, I think if it was that serious she'd have said "gently caress this, I'm gonna do the things I want to in my last days." Hopefully anyway.

This show is her life, moreso than anyone else in the history of the show. Everyone else has families and kids and other great loves but the show is Robin's great love.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

This show is her life, moreso than anyone else in the history of the show. Everyone else has families and kids and other great loves but the show is Robin's great love.

Truth, but she would never admit to that.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
I like the new Robin shes being pretty vicious lately to random celebrities and the staff which I am enjoying, long live Robin.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I hate that it takes the lady possibly dying for fans to finally unite around Robin as the aspect of the show that pulls everything together.
Back in the John days she gave and got endless poo poo, and even when she's terribly ill, she still does the show from home. Gotta respect her vegetable-loving rear end.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Was Howard's movie a success when it was released? Did it meet it's box office goal? I'm listening to a collection of 1997 shows and he's promoting the movie like crazy.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Wasco Jr. posted:

Was Howard's movie a success when it was released? Did it meet it's box office goal? I'm listening to a collection of 1997 shows and he's promoting the movie like crazy.

For all that it was, yea. It topped the box office 1st week and made 41 million on a 28 million budget. It wasn't a blockbuster but it did alright. I just watched it again the other day, only thing that annoys me is how it's only 109 minutes long and the guy's career, even at that point, had so much to tell that you feel as a fan of the show that you missed out on seeing a lot.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3yw0yrl_oI

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

In the same vein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdNoqBLz4o

Man, just looking at the puppet now cracks me up. It's not as well done as the Jackie Puppet but it's fantastic in another way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
how bout this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDhdXAw149o&t=8m22s

Gotta be in the top 5 song parodies of all time. Bless you Fafa.