Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Remember when they first started using the new graphics for RAW? The splashes used for names had a big spot to the left side with the spinner belt inside, but it didn't quite fit. A lot of people speculated that the space was shaped for the new title. Does anyone have a screen cap from a show way back then to compare with the new title and splash? I'd be curious if they meant for the new title to be in that spot the whole time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I love the awesome/stupid poster for Summerslam 1998

feel free to post your favorite awesome/stupid event posters

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sick gradient, Mr. Graphic Designer

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the classic

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I legit love the Rumble posters

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The most :geno: poster.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jack Krauser posted:

The most :geno: poster.

Sting vs. Rob Van Dam?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Looking around (i.e. searching Wikipedia) I'm guessing that's from JWA in the early '70s with Baba in the middle, Inoki next to him and the only other guy I can recognize from looking around is Seiji Sakaguchi (I think) standing behind Baba. Of course I'm probably wrong.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Top row, farthest to the left is Kotetsu Yamamoto. Second from top right looks like it might be Rusher Kimura. Bottom row, farthest to the left looks like it might be Fujinami.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 10, 2013

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Phenix Rising posted:

Remember when they first started using the new graphics for RAW? The splashes used for names had a big spot to the left side with the spinner belt inside, but it didn't quite fit. A lot of people speculated that the space was shaped for the new title. Does anyone have a screen cap from a show way back then to compare with the new title and splash? I'd be curious if they meant for the new title to be in that spot the whole time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved it when somebody pointed out that Hogan had put his sunglasses on from the other side of the chain link fence :laugh:

Edit: Also that the Lockdown poster he was looking at was apparently the wrong way around in order to be reflected like that.

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

oldpainless posted:

I legit love the Rumble posters

My Fantasy Art Teacher actually painted this one. It's still hung up in the entrance lobby of my art school in fact.

Heckie Holmes fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 10, 2013

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Note that this poster is hyping up Big Boss Man vs. Nailz while ignoring the world title match main event of Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I love the terrible digital art of RR 98.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wasn't this the one that featured a television commercial where Shawn is holding the little sausage next to Triple H's large one, turns and looks at him and says,"I know what you're doing! :mad:"? I loved that.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

HUSTLE had the best posters.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Those HUSTLE posters are the tits

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The one on the right looks like the best Neo Geo fighting game to never exist.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So M. Bison was a real guy in Japan, huh?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Reported for pony crap

just kidding that's a cool shot

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gavok posted:

Note that this poster is hyping up Big Boss Man vs. Nailz while ignoring the world title match main event of Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels.

Ric Flair would've still been champion when the poster was made if I recall correctly.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sheamus is very disappointed in you.

Also:

Did Deviantart exist in 1995?

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 10, 2013

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Bit of a crosspost from the Twitter thread:

Bruno Sammartino posted:

‏@SammartinoBruno 8h
@WrestleMania @WWE @WWEUniverse Larry Zybisko wanting to know where JR got the hat pic.twitter.com/0w6M9ognIK

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus, Sammartino looks like he could still gently caress somebody up for looking at him funny.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I hope I never learn the context for any of these posters so I can enjoy them in all their gonzo glory forever.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Memento1979 posted:

Reported for pony crap

just kidding that's a cool shot

He got it from Randy Orton.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Its amazing how much I love those old WWF posters compared to what is made today. I don't know if its nostalgia or what but I love lots of the old ones. The only recent one I can remember I really liked is the No Way Out with Aj and Daniel Bryan on the train track.

e:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

oldpainless posted:

Its amazing how much I love those old WWF posters compared to what is made today. I don't know if its nostalgia or what but I love lots of the old ones. The only recent one I can remember I really liked is the No Way Out with Aj and Daniel Bryan on the train track.

e:

I remember when this one came out no-one believed it was real because it was just too cool.

E: This.

:stare:

njsykora fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 10, 2013

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Joe Pesci: The REAL Boston Strangler

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oldpainless posted:

e:

The only really memorable one's I can think of in the past few years are that one, Armageddon 2008, and Hell in a Cell last year.

I have now lost all respect for BIG E LANGSTON

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The only really memorable one's I can think of in the past few years are that one, Armageddon 2008, and Hell in a Cell last year.

Why was Donal Logue at Armageddon '08?

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

Jerusalem posted:

Wasn't this the one that featured a television commercial where Shawn is holding the little sausage next to Triple H's large one, turns and looks at him and says,"I know what you're doing! :mad:"? I loved that.

I have the gif of this (and other ones)... can post them later when I get a chance.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

I forgot how Jericho looked like a demonic Gordon Ramsay on that poster.

:ramsay:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Frilled Lizard posted:

I have the gif of this (and other ones)... can post them later when I get a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ndqKeQ-Z4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR_v6jrO_bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7wU1z2NqWI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

But look at how happy he is :unsmith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKaHKd8Ov0