Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FairGame posted:

Also, what does the (##/##) mean in front of players? I'm guessing (current ability out of 100/peak ability)? If so, Goldschmidt is pretty bad and I should probably consider playing someone else at 1b.

I've got a surplus at 1B, let me know if you want to make a deal (after Monathin gets all the rosters sorted out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

I only see a few problems.

1. 1905 Roger Bresnahan is nowhere to be found! (Scoundrel!!!)
2. Neither is '91 Rick Honeycutt
3. '91 Jose Canseco is rated as a 67. He hit 41 homers with an OPS+ of 143 that year.

I'll probably tinker with my lineups when I see Bresnahan's ratings, because god drat Napoli turned out better than I thought.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
That Bombers roster is a thing of beauty. Mods please change my username to daU dddddddddddddddddaU tia

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

St. Louis Self-Congratulators

I've only got 29 guys on my roster.

I'm missing 2012 ARZ Trevor Bauer, who should be languishing in the minors. (I'll probably swap him with Rheal Cormier because holy poo poo Rheal Cormier is bad in this game.)

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
When I get home from work I'll look over my roster, but nothing is jumping out in terribleness at me.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

haha I have no spare pitchers someone trade me some :suicide:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

oldskool posted:

haha I have no spare pitchers someone trade me some :suicide:

Let's talk about Whitey Ford, my good man.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Pander posted:

Let's talk about Whitey Ford, my good man.

haha nevermind your pitching is already better than mine.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

From my count, I only seem to have 28 players. I know I'm missing
IN Chris Gomez (SS) (1998 SD Padres (gomezch02)
SP A.J. Burnett (2002 FL Marlins)(burnea.01)
Dunno about anyone else, or really even care about them. Other than that I cant see any problems.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

FairGame posted:

St. Louis Self-Congratulators

I've only got 29 guys on my roster.

I'm missing 2012 ARZ Trevor Bauer, who should be languishing in the minors. (I'll probably swap him with Rheal Cormier because holy poo poo Rheal Cormier is bad in this game.)

Due to the limitations of BBM, Trevor Bauer isn't in the database, since he only started this last year and the highest year the league builder rosters go in 2011. Sorry, I probably should have pointed that out.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 10, 2013

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Pick 'em

Barons
Tornados
Jobbers
Forgettables

Bloggers
Rockford
Unicorns

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
The only thing I could make out of the EC teams is that Leicester may want to have Crawford play CF instead of his alternative since it was pointed out to me that he can (and does for me) and he is infinitely better than their current choice. Then again I'm currently the 4th worst team in the SL so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
I think I want Turner Field as my dimensions?

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
I'm also missing Andre Thornton, DH, from my lineup.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Monathin posted:

Due to the limitations of BBM, Trevor Bauer isn't in the database, since he only started this last year and the highest year the league builder rosters go in 2011. Sorry, I probably should have pointed that out.

Oof. No wonder my Arizona-based bullpen isn't quite as good as I'd imagined. One fewer year to demonstrate a track record of being awesome.

Alright then, please add 1996 MON Ugueth Urbina to my team (urbinug01)

...probably he should've been there from the start.

e: GONNA SET THE LEAGUE ON FIRE

FairGame fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 10, 2013

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

CVE posted:

The only thing I could make out of the EC teams is that Leicester may want to have Crawford play CF instead of his alternative since it was pointed out to me that he can (and does for me) and he is infinitely better than their current choice. Then again I'm currently the 4th worst team in the SL so take anything I say with a grain of salt.
Hoy isn't my first choice CF, Pete Rose is, though Crawford is my first backup and either him or Donlin will likely be put in at some point given that Rose hasn't got OF eligibility. I assume it's just a result of the lineups not being set yet - likewise Donlin isn't my first choice LF, Kelley at 1B, or Bell at 3B.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah lineups aren't set yet because that would be a bigger headache on top of fixing everything. I'll post a Week 0 2.0 or something later today once all the roster goofs are (hopefully) fixed and you all can finalize rosters to your heart's content.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

I already mentioned my roster issues on IRC, but I'll post the specific issues here to make it easier for you. Here's the post with my complete roster for reference.

I'm currently missing:
Johan Santana ('06 Twins)
Michael Cuddyer ('06 Twins)
Dan Plesac ('86 Brewers)
Claude Osteen ('69 Dodgers)

The rotation should be:
1 - Don Drysdale
2 - Don Sutton
3 - Johan Santana
4 - Teddy Higuera
5 - Ken Johnson

Other pitching issues:
Jim Bunning should be my long reliever, with Francisco Liriano bumped down to the minors.

Bump Turk Farrell down to the minors, put Jim Brewer in middle relief, put the missing Dan Plesac in short relief.

Put Claude Osteen in the minors.

Get rid of that Enrique Gonzalez guy entirely.

Batting lineup should be:
1 - Paul Molitor
2 - Joe Mauer
3 - Torii Hunter (DH)
4 - Justin Morneau
5 - Carlos Beltran
6 - Robin Yount
7 - Luis Gonzalez
8 - Jermaine Dye
9 - Luis Castillo

without DH:
1 - Paul Molitor
2 - Joe Mauer
3 - Carlos Beltran
4 - Justin Morneau
5 - Luis Gonzalez
6 - Robin Yount
7 - Luis Castillo
8 - Jermaine Dye
9 - [pitcher]

Batting notes:
Mike Sweeney should be on the bench; switch him with Justin Morneau (though considering the ratings now, I'll probably be benching Morneau somewhere down the line, unless a re-roll changes that).

Decided to switch Michael Cuddyer from RF to the bench with Jermaine Dye - I made this decision before I saw the ratings (hell, I don't know Cuddyer's yet).

Willie Davis should be in the minors; switch him with Ted Sizemore, who should be on the bench.

Bump Raul Ibanez down to the minors.

Not that it matters now, but I'll probably be platooning Luis Castillo with Joe Morgan.

----

Well, that *should* be about it. Thanks in advance.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

A trade moved things around, I traded 1993 John Smoltz to the Southie Hitmen for 1942 Bobby Doerr (link)

Rosters and such:

C Andy Seminick (47)
C Javy Lopez (93)
1B Fred McGriff (93)
1B Pete Rose (81)
2B Bobby Doerr (42)
2B Manny Tillo (81)
2B Mark Lemke (93)*
SS Chipper Jones (93)*
SS Jeff Blauser (93)
3B Mike Schmidt (81)
3B Terry Pendleton (93)
OF Harry Walker (47)
OF Gary Matthews (81)
OF Ron Gant (93)
OF David Justice (93)
OF Lonnie Smith (81)*
OF Deion Sanders (93)

SP Dutch Leonard (47)
SP Steve Carlton (81)
SP Greg Maddux (93)
SP Tom Glavine (93)
SP Steve Avery (93)
SP Larry Christenson (81)*
RP Tug McGraw (81)
RP Greg McMichael (93)
RP Steve Bedrosian (93)
RP Blix Donnelly (47)
RP Jay Howell (93)
RP Ron Reed (81)*
RP Kent Mercker (93)

* Denotes Minors

Lineups:

Vs. RHP:

SS Jeff Blauser
LF Gary Matthews
3B Mike Schmidt
CF Harry Walker
RF David Justice
2B Bobby Doerr
1B Fred McGriff
C Andy Seminick
[Pitcher]

Vs. LHP:

SS Jeff Blauser
LF Gary Matthews
3B Mike Schmidt
RF Ron Gant
CF Harry Walker
2B Bobby Doerr
1B Pete Rose
C Andy Seminick
[Pitcher]

Pitching Rotation:

Greg Maddux
Steve Carlton
Dutch Leonard
Tom Glavine
Steve Avery

Long relief: Kent Mercker

Bullpen:

CL Tug McGraw
RP Greg McMichael
RP Steve Bedrosian
RP Blix Donnelly
RP Jay Howell

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I now realize I have too many outfielders. Willing to trade.

EDIT: 2007 Craig Biggio is not on the roster.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 10, 2013

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Just for Monathin: my previous post, on the previous page, has been updated!

Anyway,

Just a couple of errors on my roster:

Missing players - Tommy Bridges from the 1930 Tigers, should be in my minors; and Royce Clayton from the 1999 Rangers should be in the 25-man roster, with Strickland in the minors and Baby Hank Greenberg on the bench.

Extra players: To make room for Clayton, as much as he'll suck, Dale Alexander should be placed into the Minors.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League IX, Week 18: Doomsday 2013

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

TORNADOS EDGE COLLIDERS IN 10

Moncton- This is a game that both the Tornados and Colliders needed to win. The Tornados to keep pace in both the Memento Mori and Wildcard races, and the Colliders to finally take the lead of the Sic Transit Vir Division back from the Unicorns. But only one team could walk away a winner.

In the ninth, the Tornados were down 5-3 as Warren Spahn had done a good job of shutting them down all game. So good a job, in fact, that Colliders owner theacox sent him out there to finish the job.

The ninth inning proved to be one too much for Spahn. Mike Trout took a five-pitch walk, and was almost immediately sent home on a Jackie Robinson triple. Joe Cronin, no slouch at the bat himself, then doubled to score Robinson and tie the game. Spahn was able to then retake control, and retired the next three hitters to keep the game tied, but the Tornados found themselves with new life.

Hoping to snuff out said new life, the Colliders tried to rally in the bottom of the ninth, but Sparky Lyle was more than enough to deal with the bottom of their lineup, and allowed only a harmless Sandberg single in sending the game into extras.

The Tornados were now feeling the wind at their backs. Standing in their path, however, was Robb Nen, the Colliders' most powerful, and erratic, reliever. After Banks doubled to start the inning, theacox made it clear that Nen was to allow no one else to make contact with the ball, no matter what. A resurgent Nen then struck out Gil Hodges and Roy Campanella, putting himself just one out from escaping the inning. With the seemingly-unstoppable Trout at the plate, and the pitcher's spot due up, Nen intentionally walked Trout, hoping that Jackie Robinson would be an easier out. Unfortunately, that hope was dashed when slugger Willie Stargell came to the plate as a pinch-hitter. Nen, trying to avoid Stargell's power, worked a bit too far off the plate, and walked Stargell as well, loading the bases. Nen, then losing his command entirely, walked Cronin on five pitches to put the Tornados up 6-5.

An angry theacox then removed Nen and put in Johnny Antonelli, who was greeted by the man they call Steve, who pinch-hit for the pitcher. Steve, despite being a contact hitter first and foremost, drew yet another walk, driving in another run and giving the Tornados a 7-5 lead before the inning mercifully ended on a Joe Kelley fly out.

Their backs against the wall, the Colliders turned to the top of the order in the bottom of the tenth, and hoped they could get at least two runs off of Mike Adams, the Tornados new reliever. After Combs grounded out to start the inning, hopes were not high. But Yount and Gehrig singled and, suddenly, things looked like they might just work out. Babe Ruth was up next, but the best that the Bambino could do was reaching base on an error, which did, at least, score Yount to close the Tornados' lead to 7-6. But that was as close as they would get, as both Schang and Pafko would make outs in short order.

theacox, who saw his team drop another close game, blamed the outcome on "quantum fields", which he complains are the invisible forces in the universe that have been proven to occasionally disrupt gravitational fields through interference with the Higgs-Boson particle, and that, because of this unusual and game-changing occurrence, the game should be replayed in its entirety.

The scientific community, hearing of this, accused theacox of being either a terrible scientist, a liar, or both. Also, they reiterated that the CERN Collider is still located in Switzerland, and not in Moncton, and that nothing of scientific importance has ever occurred in that city.

Box Score

Don May posted:

UNICORNS TAKE BACK US TITLE WITH 4-3 WIN

Cleveland- The power of the Space Jam has never run strong in the Super-League.

Since having lost their United States title match to the Postmodernists last week, the Unicorns have been in a funk, with the feeling that the entire season was going wrong. But their luck was not all bad. The Super-League is generally not a place where a team gets many second chances but, by quirk of the schedule, the Unicorns had a return series against the Postmodernists set up for this week, allowing them a chance to quickly regain what they had lost.

But it would not be easy. Though the Unicorns had the better team by most estimations, they would need to defeat the Postmodernists three straight times to win back the United States Championship, and the Postmodernists had just swept the Unicorns last week. Even more daunting, Michael Jordan still retained the power of the Space Jam.

Still, the Unicorns are a talented team, more so than any others in their division, and were able to win the first two games of the series, as well as take a 3-1 lead in the top of the ninth inning in today's game. Takashi Saito, who has been the Unicorns' closer for as long as anyone can remember, came on to get the save and secure the win. After quickly dispatching Ken Singleton, Saito gave up a single to Ichiro Suzuki, which is not uncommon. On the next pitch, though, Alan Trammell hit a 2-run home run to tie the game at 3, another setback for the Unicorns. Saito was able to retain his poise, though, a worked out of the inning without any further damage.

The pressure was now on the Postmodernists to keep the game going by not allowing the Unicorns to score a winning run. The Unicorns, with their more powerful lineup and reliever corps, did not share that sense of urgency, as demonstrated when, instead of pressing, Mickey Tettleton took a walk to start the inning. Honus Wagner, being from the deadball era, and understanding that only one run was required, hit a sacrifice bunt to move Tettleton to second, after which Billy Herman was brought in as a pinch-runner. With a runner on second and only one out, Postmodernists' reliever Rafael Soriano tried to keep the ball out of play, but Ken Griffey was able to get enough on it to send a single to short left, moving Herman to third with only one out.

Griffey's single was both a crisis and an opportunity. It had moved Herman to third, setting up a situation where almost any hit or a sacrifice fly could win the game. On the other hand, it put a runner at first, setting up a potential inning-ending double play. But neither of those things happened. Instead, Soriano, caught up in the moment, skipped a breaking ball on the dirt in front of home plate. The ball got away from the catcher, and Herman trotted home to give the Unicorns their second United States Championship.

After the game, IceMole, Unicorns owner and go-kart enthusiast, explained to reporters that, "Today was not so much about righting a wrong as it was proving that two wrongs can make a right. You know, it's been a very, very long time since the Unicorns made the playoffs. I'm pretty sure that the last time we made it was Super-League IV or so. In fact, we haven't won a single playoff game in over a year. That's over four seasons, 365 days, and 200,000 views of the Super-League thread. Nearly a hundred teams have risen and fallen in that time. And through it all, we've been stuck in this limbo. Not good enough to win, not bad enough to die. Well, I say that it's a good day to die!...Wait...that makes no sense at all. gently caress, no wonder we never make the playoffs, I can't even give an inspiring speech right."

GAME NOTES

-The Postmodernists, oddly enough, had no elaborate theatrics after the game, as, because of their victory parade yesterday, NotThatSamBeckett, because of SAG rules, would have had to pay his players time and a half.

-The Unicorns are considering going with a Gnostic gimmick for the rest of the season, based on the fact that they are now reasonably sure that Smasher Dynamo is the demiurge who imprisons the immortal souls of man in the decaying world of the Super-League.

Box Score

Don May posted:

LANDERS QUASH, SQUASH JOBBERS 7-6

Jacksonville- The Landers' utter devastation of the Senor Goodtimes Division continued today as the Landers turned back a late Jobber rally to take a 7-6 win in Jacksonville, completing yet another sweep of a divisional opponent.

The Jobbers, playing better than perhaps they ought to be, did almost change their grim destiny with a four-run bottom of the eighth, pouncing on an ineffective Keith Foulke. Alas, they could not quite close the gap, and the Landers shut them down in the bottom of the ninth.

mrnoun was not in the mood for celebrating after year another demolition, instead focusing on the challenges yet to come, as the division title appears to be a mere formality at this point, with the Landers holding onto a 26-game lead in their division with just eight weeks left in the regular season, "Smasher, if the Landers are still around in Super-League X, don't bother putting any other teams in my division. All of you new owners, this is what you need to know. I don't care about the future of the Super-League, I don't care about whether or not you have a good time, I don't care about anything except my team dominating. I will drive you from this league. I will beat your team so badly that you never read this thread again. I will do all these things, and I will do them without caring even the slightest about the consequences. So, this is my one warning: Ask Smasher, no, beg Smasher to not consign your team to the Senor Goodtimes Division. Don't end up like poor Armitage, consumed by failure and regret. Good for nothing but making Smasher write another of those drat CYOA bits that Smasher does when he's out of ideas."

Armitage, who has never had a team survive for more than one season, tried to defend his team, "How is my team supposed to get over when we keep getting booked against main eventers like the Landers? It seems like everytime we build up a little momentum, something like this happens, and we get sent back to square one. Well, I'm tired of it! We deserve a good, solid push, and not just to get sent into the Gauntlet and wished well in our future endeavors. Just because we're Jobbers doesn't mean that we don't have hopes and dreams, it just means that we'll never achieve those hopes and dreams!"

GAME NOTES

-SUDDEN DEATH was injured today, leading many to note how with strange aeons even death may suffer a strained knee.

Senor Goodtimes Division Horoscope
Printed by the Luna Landers Press Office

San Pandas: You are going to be relegated.
Canton Catstrophes: You are going to be relegated.
Jacksonville Jaguars: You are going to be relegated.
Arkansas Destroyers: Y'all are gonna be relegated.
Lombard St. Gumshoes: Your are going to be relegated, and Bruzer isn't going to bail you out this time.

Box Score

Don May posted:

UNSPECS MOUNT HUGE COMEBACK, BEAT SPOONS 11-10

The Dome- It is never cold here. It should be cold, but it never is.

The Dome is now located near the Vostok research base in Antarctica. Exactly where it is in relation to that Russian science station is unknown, as Antarctica is covered in ice sheets that constantly move. Nothing on the continent is ever in the same place for long, as the inexorable march of the glaciers to and fro makes such determination impossible.

What can be said, however, is that the Dome lies very near the place where the coldest temperatures on Earth were recorded, and, one would think that it would be very cold in this place as a result.

But the Dome is not cold, the Dome is never cold. It is never warm, either. It is exactly lukewarm at all times because, just like everything else in this place, the goal is not to make a person feel, but to deprive him of sensation. In essence, the Dome is nothing more or less than a giant sensory deprivation chamber, where baseball is occasionally played. The rationale, I am told, is to ensure that the focus of the captive audience remains entirely on the game in front of them. I personally believe that it is a tool of psychological warfare against the other team, because there is nothing more distracting than sheer nothingness.

For most of today's game, the Spooners seemed immune to the effects of the dome, with their chimerical offense slashing the Unspecs' pitching for eleven runs. With only three outs to go, the Spooners held a 10-6 lead, and seemed comfortably on their way to a win.

They needed but three outs.

They would get none.

Nick Altrock, a pitcher so ahead of his time that he was named after a genre of music that would not be fully developed until several decades after his death, took the mound in the bottom of the ninth. A starter by trade, he was in his third inning of relief work, and was looking to end things with a flourish.

Instead, he gave up three singles and three doubles without retiring a batter, allowing five Unspecifieds' runs to score, and giving the Unspecs a miracle win at home.

After the game, a disoriented Altrock tried to explain that, "Nothing about this place makes any sense! There's no natural light, no sound, it's like you're cut off from the rest of the world! And it's quiet, way, way too quiet. You'd think with a big dome like this, there would be noise, but there's not. Not even when there should be noise. It's like there's something in the dome that cancels the sound or something. And everything is bright white, which makes it hard to look at anything. After a little while, all you can hear is your own heartbeat, and you start to lose it, man! You start to lose it!"

GAME NOTES

-The Unspecs' comeback made up for a disastrous relief outing from Jim Perry, who gave up seven runs in two innings. Perry was sent to the "Tower of Silence" after the game. A team official later clarified that the Unspecifieds' tower is different from the structures used by Zoroastrians to expose the bodies of their dead to the elements, in that those people are already dead when they enter the tower.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

How many injuries is too many? Of course, you'll get all of those players back for the Gauntlet.

Analysis

Chone Figgins K/BB ration: 26/5.

Analysis

Just not enough talent.

Analysis

Inconstancy! Also, I moved Alomar back to SS, because watching Red Kress start for you makes me feel sad.

Analysis

There's no getting around the fact that you told me to platoon Babe Ruth for you.

Analysis

One of these days you'll get even with the Imperialists. Just not today.

Analysis

Willie McCovey has a BABiP of .223. So, that should answer all of your questions about his ineffectiveness.

Analysis

Swap Sutton and Young.

Analysis

Just keep riding out this rough patch.

[IMG]http://lpix.org/1139878/Team10-ABanner.PNG[/tIMG]

Analysis

The Ken Johnson experiment has failed.

Analysis

I'm not sure how it's possible, but only one of your hitters had double-digit home runs.

Analysis

Still sorry.

Analysis

Things have gone horribly wrong.

Analysis

TOGIE! TOGIE! TOGIE!

Analysis

2.5 games out of a playoff spot...somehow.

Analysis

How long can the Lovable Losers hold on to these titles?

Analysis

LANDERS CRUSH PUNY DIVISION!

Analysis

Pujols getting any home runs is amazing, because if I were pitching to this lineup, I'd walk him almost every single time he came up to bat.

Analysis

Still no momentum, but the holders of the second wildcard at the moment.

Analysis

They've been decent since that terrible first month, but the Super-League isn't a forgiving place.

Analysis

.500 forever!

Analysis

I'm going to keep bugging you about El Presidente until you put him in your rotation.

Analysis

Went 8-15 last month, still have a ten game lead in the division. So, yeah, just running out the clock at this point.

Analysis

The Losers don't really need any advice from me.

Analysis

Still only a four game lead, but the Cultists don't have any head-to-head games against the W's this month.

Analysis

Ben Sheets has failed you too.

Analysis

One more good week and they can probably just cruise to a wildcard spot at least.

Analysis

Up and down. Mainly down. The Twinfield seemed like a good idea right up until you remember that relying on Dave Winfield didn't go so well for the '80s Yankees.

Analysis

Not completely out of the playoff chase, but the Gauntlet seems a bit more likely.

Analysis

Still hanging in there.

Standings

Pick 'em Results

Barons @ Canton Catastrophes

Cancun Tornados @ CERN Colliders

Jacksonville Jobbers @ Arkansas Destroyers

Million Dollar Men @ Omaha Forgettables

European and Larkin-Downing Championships
Web 2.0 Bloggers @ Cancun Tornados (c)

Intercontinental and Heavyweight Championships
Lovable Losers (c) @ Rockford Losers

United States Championship
Patagonia Postmodernists (c) @ Cleveland Unicorns

Walney Rakers: 114 points
Omaha Forgettables: 106 points
Million Dollar Men: 103 points
South Bolton Eazy W's: 100 points
Detroit Cougars: 97 points
Cancun Tornados: 95 points
Chicago Bobbleheads: 94 points (1 0-point week)
Canton Catastrophes: 92 points
Jacksonville Jobbers: 92 points (1 Perfect Week, 1 0-point week)
Rockford Losers: 90 points (1 Perfect Week)
Montreal Manatees: 89 points (1 Perfect Week)
Somali Pirates: 89 points (1 Perfect Week)
Ryleh Cultists: 83 points
Idaho Potatoes: 81 points
Lombard St. Gumshoes: 80 points (1 Perfect Week)
Sad Pandas: 79 points
Coburns: 77 points
Oklahoma City Bombers: 77 points (1 Perfect week)
Burma Imperialists: 75 points (1 Perfect Week)
Krakow Dragons: 72 points
Skyhawks/Wildcats: 62 points
Barons: 48 points
Patagonia Postmodernists: 46 points
Queens Mercuries: 43 points
Harvard Elites: 41 points (1 Perfect Week)
Luna Landers: 19 points
Lovable Losers: 13 points
Web 2.0 Bloggers: 12 points
Antarctica Unspecifieds: 9 points
CERN Colliders: 7 points
Carolina Llamas: 4 points

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Arkansas Whogivesafucks

A-Rod back to SS, Figgins back to the bench

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012
I just can't bring myself to replace Jim Palmer in his prime or Three-Finger Brown with 21 year old Dennis Martinez.

I guess I could dump Nomo, but he gets results.

I have it! Replace Denny Rainwater at long relief with El Presidente, demote Osuna, stick Denny in short relief.

Might as well Rest Trammell with Tulo and pull Brett for DeCinces, also.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Analysis

The Losers don't really need any advice from me.
True, but could you maybe stop Mogul from perma-injuring my players?

Time for the roster shuffle jambaroo.
  • Nolan Ryan gets to join Oscar Charleston on the DL.
  • C.C. Sabathia takes Ryan's spot in the rotation.
  • Recall Alex Fernandez to take his Ryan's roster spot. He becomes the new long reliever.

New lineups to put Cronin back in the lineup permanently and give Frank Robinson a few days off this week.
vs RHP
CF Speaker
3B Youkilis
LF O'Doul
1B Thomas
C Torre/Dickey
RF Robinson
SS Cronin
2B Alomar
P Pitcher

vs LHP
RF Raines
CF Speaker
3B Youkilis
1B Thomas
C Torre/Dickey
SS Cronin
LF O'Doul
2B Kent
P Pitcher

Finally, can you confirm that Dickey was in the lineup this week for Drysdale's and Koosman's starts and went 0-for-the-week?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

You killed me too hard! Also, you're not getting your wish... yet. Maybe if the Jobbers somehow are within 1 game of a wildcard or something, Togie will be what keeps us from the guantlet. Alas, we didn't have the offense with Ott and Palmeiro, and don't have the offense now.

Anyway!

Ken Griffey Jr. is back in CF against righties. Lemon did okay I suppose.

Send down Bill White and bring Harmon Killebrew back up. Killebrew plays first against lefties. Against righties, Killebrew is our DH, and because Delgado isn't effective enough, we are going to do something unbelievably stupid(as always) and put Tony Oliva as our first baseman.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Analysis

Willie McCovey has a BABiP of .223. So, that should answer all of your questions about his ineffectiveness.

Sigh. At least I got some performance running him into the ground.

Make McCovey DH for the week, Thome plays first. He can get some rest during the No-DH games.

And though I have little choice, it's time to bring back the disaster platoon! Mauer to the bench before his knees explode, Sims and Alomar platoon. Sims against Righties and Alomar against Lefties.

It's slow progress, but no one said climbing out of hell was going to be easy.

Edit: Also, gently caress it, even a falling apart Perry is better than Sonny loving Seibert. Seibert to the minors, call up Old Man Perry for #5.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 11, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
As of Week 18

DYNAMO LEAGUE

-Burma Imperialists
-Cleveland Unicorns
-Rockford Losers

SMASHER LEAGUE

-Luna Landers
-Queens Mercuries
-R'yleh Cultists

DYNAMO LEAGUE

-Cancun Tornados
-Coburns

SMASHER LEAGUE

-Montreal Manatees (up from round 9)
-South Bolton Eazy W’s

Round 9:

Walney Rakers(Auto-round 9)
Web 2.0 Bloggers(.519) (up 2)

Round 8:

Antarctica Unspecifieds(.514)
CERN Colliders (.509)

Round 7:

Mighty Oneida Spooners(.509)
Detroit Cougars (.509) (down from Wild Card)

Round 6:

Lombard St. Gumshoes(.491)
Patagonia Postmodernists(.477)

Round 5:

Finger Lakes Phoenixes(.464)(up 1)
Jacksonville Jobbers(.463)

Round 4:

Canton Catastrophes(.459)(up 1)
Omaha Forgettables(.455)(down 1)

Round 3:

Barons (.450)(down 2)
Tijuana Mules (.436)(up 1)

Round 2:

Idaho Potatoes(.427)(down 1)
Million Dollar Men(.427)

Round 1:

Sad Pandas(.417)
Arkansas Destroyers(.417)
Harvard Elites (.369)
Lovable Losers (.348)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 11, 2013

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Lineup:

#1 - Hanley Ramirez SS
#2 - Bill Terry 1B
#3 - Mel Ott RF
#4 - Mel Ott LF
#5 - Stan Musial DH
#6 - Ken Boyer CF
#7 - Dan Uggla 2B
#8 - Tim Wallach 3B
#9 - Mancuso/Paulino C

Rotation
SP Hubbell
SP Gibson
SP Blyleven
SP Johnson
SP Jackson
CL McDaniel
SU Burke
SR Medlen
SR Perez
MR Smith
MR Fitzsimmons
LR Martinez

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Okay, so Hartnett needs a break and so does Arky. Luckily I get to play against Eddie Plank twice in a week! Platooning Arky and Yount, and moving Piazza to catcher vs RHP to give Hartnett the time off he needs. This opens up a DH slot that I can either use to give old musial a break or let Hornsby have some time off, but I might risk him full time for the moment.

vs RHP

CF: Tris Speaker
C: Piazza
RF: 96 Rated Musial
1B: Pujols
SS: Arky Vaughn
2B: Hornsby
DH: Old Musial
3B: Ron Santo
LF: Billy Williams

vs LHP

CF: Tris Speaker
RF: 96 Rated Musial
1B: Pujols
2B: Hornsby
DH: Piazza
3B: Ron Santo
LF: Bob Johnson
C: Gabby Hartnett
SS: Robin Yount

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
For next week, put Oliva in right, Hall in left, and platoon Traynor and Brett at 3B

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I took 3 of 4 from the Cultists. Not sure how, but that's not worthless.

SP3-5 spots in my rotation are like kisses of death. Give me Bob Gibson, give me 99 Pedro, give me anyone and they'll post a 6+ ERA from it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Expansion Cup: Still Cleaning Up!

I think I've corralled most, if not all of the missing players, as well as solved the mystery of Mo ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddV. Spoilers: Mo Vaughn had a tragic accident in a defective vat of alphabet soup, best not to talk about it.

Though I will comb through the posts later to make sure, most of the errors insofar as missing players go were typos on my part, either one character wrong, one character short, or one character too long. This was just a first past though, I'll do another one in the morning and re-do the league then.

However, as part of my final cleanup, a quick note, The following teams still have a spot left on their roster!

Brooklyn Bombers
Juneau Juggernauts
Rochester Generics

You probably filled in the last spot between a mass of roster changes, but I likely didn't see it. I'll try and get these issues resolved, do one last sweep for errors, post a true league preview, get lineups sorted, and then finally run the drat sim. Current projection? Late Friday night, early Saturday morning.*

*Goddammit, Freeze, how did you predict this would happen.

Until then, things shall be sorted out, mostly.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

Back in the wildcard spot. Totally undeserving, but wahoo! :toot:

Well, put Griffey Jr. back in CF, and Martinez at 3B. Also, stick Palmeiro back in the DH position.

That'll put Adam Jones and Carlos Guillen back to warming the bench for now.

I still can't believe I'm doing this well. Thank god for parity in the Smasher League. I chalk it up to my team staying healthy, as aside from Randy Johnson's injury I haven't really had anything too bad happen to anyone. Welp, here's hoping the luck doesn't leave me... I'd love to steer clear of the gauntlet.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Monathin posted:

The following teams still have a spot left on their roster!

Rochester Generics
There shouldn't be, unless my sanity checking on my spreadsheet has failed me. My roster in case you haven't seen it:

code:

RF	1944 NYG	Mel Ott		ottme01
CF	1949 BRO	Duke Snider	snidedu01
LF	1944 NYG	Joe Medwick	medwijo01
SS	1949 BRO	Pee Wee Reese	reesepe01
3B	1949 BRO	Jackie Robinson	robinja02
2B	1903 CLE	Nap Lajoie	lajoina01
1B	1949 BRO	Gil Hodges	hodgegi01
C	1949 BRO	Roy Campanella	camparo01

SP1	1903 CLE	Addie Joss	jossad01
SP2	1996 PHI	Curt Schilling	schilcu01
SP3	1903 CLE	Earl Moore	mooreea01
SP4	1949 BRO	Preacher Roe	roepr01
SP5	1949 BRO	Don Newcombe	newcodo01

SR	1949 BRO	Jack Banta	bantaja01
SR	1949 BRO	Erv Palica	palicer01
MR	1903 CLE	Red Donahue	donahre01
MR	1903 CLE	Bill Bernhard	bernhbi01
LR	1996 PHI	Mike Grace	gracemi02
CL	1996 PHI	Ricky Bottalico	bottari01
SU	1996 PHI	Ken Ryan	ryanke01
Bench	1944 NYG	Ernie Lombardi	lombaer01
	1903 CLE	Bill Bradley	bradlbi01
	1903 CLE	Charlie Hickman	hickmch01
	1903 CLE	Elmer Flick	flickel01
	1949 BRO	Carl Furillo	furilca01

Minors	1944 NYG	Bill Voiselle	voisebi01
	1949 BRO	Johnny Hopp	hoppjo01
	1996 PHI	Lenny Dykstra	dykstle01
	1996 PHI	Kevin Stocker	stockke01
	1944 NYG	Phil Weintraub	weintph01
I was missing:
code:
1903 CLE	Red Donahue	donahre01
1903 CLE	Bill Bradley	bradlbi01
And had 28 by my count on the screencaps. I'll go check and see if the IDs are correct, as they're from BBR, but if they deviate from what Mogul uses than welp. And if it turns out that I can't count, being short a guy I'd likely have to return to the feeders after the draft is honestly not worth the hassle for either you or me.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

All right, guys, let's close this season without everyone getting massively crippled. 53 games in 55 days, we can do it!

Lineup vs. R:

2B Collins
DH Ramirez
3B Brett
C Gibson
LF Jackson
RF Aaron
1B Clark
SS Joost
CF Murphy

Lineup vs. L:

1B Raines
LF Ramirez
C DEATH
DH Gibson
RF Aaron
3B Nomar
CF Beltran
SS Joost
2B Temple

DEATH personal catches for Maddux, as Gibson could use the extra day off.

Finally, make the following slider changes:

Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -5
Letting pitchers pitch through trouble: -3
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: -5

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Desmond takes over at SS for the week, Babe Ruth moves to DH, Delahanty to RF.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Over .500! It's not going to last long with this month's draw, but hey, small comforts.

To rest Simmons/Nomar, have Furillo play LF and Grich SS for the Potatoes series only. When Cooper's healed, send him to long relief instead of Kevin Brown, who drops to the minors (speaking of, anyone with a better defense than me want a prime Kevin Brown?).

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

gingemidget posted:

Over .500! It's not going to last long with this month's draw, but hey, small comforts.

To rest Simmons/Nomar, have Furillo play LF and Grich SS for the Potatoes series only. When Cooper's healed, send him to long relief instead of Kevin Brown, who drops to the minors (speaking of, anyone with a better defense than me want a prime Kevin Brown?).

For the hundredth time, you can't make substitutions for anything less than a week, because there's just no loving way I'm going to be able to handle that sort of micromanagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

gingemidget posted:

(speaking of, anyone with a better defense than me want a prime Kevin Brown?).

What are you looking for?