Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm on v1.5.5 and mine looks like this on single page threads.

I haven't had that thing at all in weeks (and yes, it is enabled in the options).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm on v1.5.5 and mine looks like this on single page threads.

Just uninstalled and re-installed the chrome extension from the store, I get this error as well.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Works fine for me.

Chrome 25.0.1364.58 beta SALR 1.5.5

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

eh4 posted:

Works fine for me.

Chrome 25.0.1364.58 beta SALR 1.5.5

You're on page 34 of a one-page thread?

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

sharktamer posted:

Is a fix for the "Open updated threads" link in the works?

I'm curious about this one too. I used to be able to pound the B key and open up all the updated threads, but now I can't get that to work anymore.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

-Dethstryk- posted:

I'm curious about this one too. I used to be able to pound the B key and open up all the updated threads, but now I can't get that to work anymore.

Yeah, I'm definitely missing my open all threads button so if it's going to be working soon that'd be great.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Testing.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 19, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I ran into a problem where posts displayed the same word over and over again. It's a problem limited to the SA forums. I tried to show an example of it in the past post and it corrupted the entire thing.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
What happened to the quick reply button?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Is the imgur doohickey still broke for everyone or is it just me?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

wormil posted:

Is the imgur doohickey still broke for everyone or is it just me?
Doesn't seem to work for me either.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Been a while since any news or releases. Is this extension still being worked on?

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Anybody else getting their SA tabs freezing and failing to respond when SALR is enabled?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Rohaq posted:

Anybody else getting their SA tabs freezing and failing to respond when SALR is enabled?

I disabled the extension after a bunch of stuff just didn't work right. Based on the other replies to this thread, I don't know if anyone is taking ownership of development to make sure the extension works with the new forum templates.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
I'm not having those problems. Most things seem to work except for the mouse gestures.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Rohaq posted:

Mostly seeing this in YOSPOS. But as far as I can tell mouse gestures work fine. :confused:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
With school projects wrapping up, I'll try and do some work on this as it's a really useful addon.

I'll push out an update that'll at least address the single page thread count being blank on the weekend as well as look at the open updated thread thing that was reported last weekend.

Rohaq posted:

I'm not seeing this at all?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

I'm not seeing this at all?
I don't know if it's due to memory usage or what but my YOSPOS tab will sometimes take long enough for the wait/kill dialog to come up between pages or when returning to the forum list. I haven't seen it in the grey forums.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'm having a problem where k/h for previous page aren't working. I'm not actually sure if they ever worked, since I don't use them that often, but all of the other keyboard shortcuts work fine except for them. Is anyone else having this issue?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Folks, since this is basically the first time I've logged into the forums since the CSS update happened (and that was the first time in months) Master_Odin has stepped up to take on full maintenance of the extension. We're working on the transition to get everybody over to his fork that he can manage updates for, since the existing one is tied to my Google account.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

pik_d posted:

I'm having a problem where k/h for previous page aren't working. I'm not actually sure if they ever worked, since I don't use them that often, but all of the other keyboard shortcuts work fine except for them. Is anyone else having this issue?
Looking at the code for it (to fix the b key for Open Updated Threads), I can confirm this one.

The actual text button for Open Updated Threads does work though, and it just requires moving the code out of salr.js to the bottom of hotkey-manager.js, as well as adding a conditional for if(curr_page == 'usercp.php') within the switch(event.keyCode) code.

A fix is forthcoming as I take over development of SALR in the next couple days.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
:siren:SomethingAwful Last Read Redux Released:siren:

So this is the first release of my continued support of the extension and it contains the recent pull requests submitted by myself to fix the single page display error as well as retina image fixes. Keyboard support fixes will be forthcoming as I regain internet at my home tomorrow.

Continue using this thread and what have you for all bugs that you encounter. Ferg should be updating the links in the OP to my github fork for anybody that wants to help develop and what have you.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Master_Odin posted:

:siren:SomethingAwful Last Read Redux Released:siren:

So this is the first release of my continued support of the extension and it contains the recent pull requests submitted by myself to fix the single page display error as well as retina image fixes. Keyboard support fixes will be forthcoming as I regain internet at my home tomorrow.

Continue using this thread and what have you for all bugs that you encounter. Ferg should be updating the links in the OP to my github fork for anybody that wants to help develop and what have you.

My buttons are doing this again with 1.5.6:

I thought there was an easy settings fix, but I couldn't find it in the thread.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Athenry posted:

My buttons are doing this again with 1.5.6:

I thought there was an easy settings fix, but I couldn't find it in the thread.
For some reason, it looks like a bit of code within the 1.5.5 extension wasn't uploaded to the github. Updated both places where the code was different and would relate to this issue and it seems to work as expected. Expect this as well an update to fix the "b" key working in opening updated threads in user.php as well as bookmarkthreads.php shortly.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
V1.5.7 RELEASED

Changelog posted:

• Regression fixes (settings page and custom icons broke on change-over)
  • Fix keyboard shortcut 'b' for Opening Updated Threads in Bookmark thread

There may be some regressions on the settings page, but at the moment, the most grevious one (the broken custom icons) was fixed, as well as an update to fix the Open Updated Threads keyboard shortcut (by default hitting b twice on Usercp.php/bookmarkthreads.php).

On the list of things to do in order of importance:
- Fix other keyboard shortcuts (back a page for example)
- Omnibar Grenade Link (I vaguely remember it so if a goon would explain what exactly it did I'd appreciate it)
- Open Updated Threads was a button? (again, I never used this feature so an exact explanation of what they'd like it to be would be appreciated as it's currently just a text link on the bookmark thread pages)
- Friend post highlighting broken
- Hide threads option (using bookmark star) in settings is broken
- Update settings page to not have different color/style than forums
- Look into if I can reproduce tabs freezing while using SALR

Let me know if I'm missing an issue here.

e: added couple stuff to the to-do list

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 11, 2013

Nebulon Gate
Feb 23, 2013
Is it possible to have a "Hide" button for threads?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Master_Odin posted:

- Omnibar Grenade Link (I vaguely remember it so if a goon would explain what exactly it did I'd appreciate it)

It opened a drop-down menu with links to all the forums/subforums.

And it should be on the top of the things to do list. :colbert:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Cartesian_Duelist posted:

Is it possible to have a "Hide" button for threads?
I'm guessing you want something like where if you go to the SHSC forum, you hide Rules thread, so it doesn't appear. I'm guessing that was the purpose of (in the settings):
Ignore bookmarks with a <star>

Which seems to be broken (as well as out-of-date as there's no more blue star?) though so I guess that's a thing that needs fixing.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It opened a drop-down menu with links to all the forums/subforums.

And it should be on the top of the things to do list. :colbert:
I'm guessing it was also very similar in style to the standalone SA forum link in style? How high up in the to do list solely depends on what's actually broken (Chrome API call? jQuery error?). I'm guessing it's not showing up for other people as well when activated so I know where to start.

e:

unpronounceable posted:

I can only speak for myself, but highlighting of my friend's posts isn't working. It will highlight my posts, quotes of mine, and admin/mod names, but not my friends.
This is broken for me too. Wee fun bugs.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 9, 2013

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Master_Odin posted:

Let me know if I'm missing an issue here.
I can only speak for myself, but highlighting of my friend's posts isn't working. It will highlight my posts, quotes of mine, and admin/mod names, but not my friends.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

qbert posted:

I think the latest update may have broken the Browser Button extension. The one that stays permanently on the Chrome browser. No matter how much I browse the forums, it refuses to populate.

This quoted post is from 3 years ago but this has just happened to me after updating to 1.5.7. When it happened to qbert it was because some code got deleted, could that have happened again?

Edit: I went back to the old version since they're different extensions and the browser button extension populated as soon as I opened a thread so I'd say Redux broke it.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 9, 2013

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Master_Odin posted:

I'm guessing you want something like where if you go to the SHSC forum, you hide Rules thread, so it doesn't appear. I'm guessing that was the purpose of (in the settings):
Ignore bookmarks with a <star>

What that setting actually does is ignore bookmarks with a certain colour when using the "open all updated threads" link.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I think the mouse gestures are broken in Redux. Those and poster highlighting are pretty much the only things I use. :smith:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

pik_d posted:

This quoted post is from 3 years ago but this has just happened to me after updating to 1.5.7. When it happened to qbert it was because some code got deleted, could that have happened again?

Edit: I went back to the old version since they're different extensions and the browser button extension populated as soon as I opened a thread so I'd say Redux broke it.
It's because it opens a port on the extension id, so since they're different IDs, it breaks. Came up a fix that retains backward compatibility and since other than that, I imagine the SALR browser button is fine for people and doesn't need continued development so I'll just submit a pull request to ferg.

e: pull request submitted, and hopefully will have a resolution forthcoming where you guys don't need to install anything else.

e2: Turns out there's more to the issue as actually fixing this requires moving to a new extension version within chrome, which breaks the extension from working. So this may take some time to actually fully fix. Turns out I have till September to get this fixed or else it'll completely stop working!

sharktamer posted:

What that setting actually does is ignore bookmarks with a certain colour when using the "open all updated threads" link.
Well, a similar option could be had to "hide threads" as there are three star colors for the people who want to hide threads. Thanks for the clarification as somehow I failed understanding that option perfectly.

LastInLine posted:

I think the mouse gestures are broken in Redux. Those and poster highlighting are pretty much the only things I use. :smith:
Mouse gestures aren't broken? Hit right mouse button, go right and you go to page 2. Go left and you're back to page 1. Go up and you're up a forum level. All of this works in 1.5.7 and it's exactly the same code as thee SALR extension. I'm really not sure what would be causing it not to work for you, but I can't replicate.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 9, 2013

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Thank you for taking this on, it's definitely appreciated.

Master_Odin posted:

- Open Updated Threads was a button? (again, I never used this feature so an exact explanation of what they'd like it to be would be appreciated as it's currently just a text link on the bookmark thread pages)

It was never a button. It's just a text link that when clicked opens each thread that has new posts in a separate new tab. So much faster than individually loading 5-10 threads.

The original request (by me) said...

Would it be possible to add a button that when clicked opens each unread subscribed thread in a new tab? I have some extension made for greasemonkey but it opens each thread in a new window which is much slower.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/51231 was the script

Sad Panda fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 9, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Sad Panda posted:

Thank you for taking this on, it's definitely appreciated.

It was never a button. It's just a text link that when clicked opens each thread that has new posts in a separate new tab. So much faster than individually loading 5-10 threads.

The original request (by me) said...

Would it be possible to add a button that when clicked opens each unread subscribed thread in a new tab? I have some extension made for greasemonkey but it opens each thread in a new window which is much slower.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/51231 was the script
So the text button works, it's just that the ignore option doesn't work as it should and that needs to be fixed. Like, what exactly would you all describe as the main issue with this feature for someone who didn't really use it till now and sees that if I click it, it opens any page in my bookmarks with unread posts, but doesn't ignore certain star colors, or is that really it?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Mouse gestures aren't broken? Hit right mouse button, go right and you go to page 2. Go left and you're back to page 1. Go up and you're up a forum level. All of this works in 1.5.7 and it's exactly the same code as thee SALR extension. I'm really not sure what would be causing it not to work for you, but I can't replicate.
User highlighting is working for me but I can assure you that mouse gestures are not. I've updated Chrome (stable build, 26.0.1410.63 on OSX) and restarted the browser and neither the Quick Reply Box nor mouse gestures work at all. Secondary click does not invoke the mouse gesture graphic at all and only does the right-click menu on my MacBook Air.

Prior to restarting the browser I removed the original extension altogether instead of just disabling it. It's definitely not working for me.

Edit: I found out what's causing the problem--checking the option to change the last page link to the last three pages disables both the Quick Reply Box and mouse gestures. Disabling the option fixes both issues.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 10, 2013

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

LastInLine posted:

Edit: I found out what's causing the problem--checking the option to change the last page link to the last three pages disables both the Quick Reply Box and mouse gestures. Disabling the option fixes both issues.
THANK YOU. I've been missing the quick reply box forever and couldn't figure out WTF was causing it. Suddenly it just disappeared. I seem to remember troubleshooting but I'm sure I got frustrated and quit.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

LastInLine posted:

Oh my god you are my hero.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

It's because when the forums changed style, they changed how the page numbering was handled. This caused the extension to crash when running that function.

It's fixed anyway and appears like:

which I'm assuming is correct as this is another feature I never used personally.

Anyway, I'll push out 1.5.8 and try and get an updated browser button done over the weekend.

e:

Master_Odin posted:

- Friend post highlighting broken
Fixed this, but it seems like OP highlighting may be broken and impossible to fix as it seems like the old method of doing it was removed from the code by the SA devs. I'm dumb and it requires a setting to be on the UserCP. I'll probably add this as a note on that setting. Same with having to visit the usercp.php page once after installing SALR for friend highlighting to work.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can you add an option to disable thread tags option like the salr for firefox has/had?

• Locked thread