Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Some more pictures. I don't actually have the car yet as it's being shipped to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That engine bay shot is great.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That thing is awesome. 2012 has unlimited launch control (as long as the tranny is cool enough) right?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That thing is awesome. 2012 has unlimited launch control (as long as the tranny is cool enough) right?

Yeah. I think it's 5 within a few minutes before it goes into limp mode for a little bit.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

God that is such a beautiful car. I'm going to be a little sad getting into my Z after drooling over this haha.

Some day I'll own one. Some day.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Super cool car, but they are absolutely MASSIVE. Is it brand new with 0 miles or slightly used?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

GramCracker posted:

Super cool car, but they are absolutely MASSIVE.

godzilla-chan :negative:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I'll never get tired of this one

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

From my wallpaper rotation:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Now I really want a NSX. They still look good after all these years.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

From my wallpaper rotation:

Every time I remember that it has two driveshafts I do a double-take.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I didn't know that, actually. It makes sense, but it's weird and seems like a strange compromise.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Comrade Flynn posted:

Some more pictures. I don't actually have the car yet as it's being shipped to me.

The one time i went autocrossing a GT-R was tearing up the track.

They would just point the car a certain way and it would go, no matter how fast.

It also sounded like the second coming of Jesus.

simreal
Jun 21, 2003
I had this sitting around in my garage collecting rust:

My son was driving this:

My Son decided he wanted a Firebird. We traded my truck for his lincoln. Then we traded the truck for the black Firebird in this pic. Then I got fired up looking for parts and such for his. So I ended up buying/trading the Lincoln for the blue one.

I loved it. Unfortunately it was the V6 and while it was peppy I wanted the LS1. So I sold it and bought this.

It's a 99 Z28. Its still in amazing condition.

simreal fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 11, 2013

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MiniFoo posted:

godzilla-chan :negative:

One of my favorite comparison photos. God drat it, I want an R33 so badly. Stupid USA and it's import laws :negative:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

GramCracker posted:

One of my favorite comparison photos. God drat it, I want an R33 so badly. Stupid USA and it's import laws :negative:

Yeah...the R35 is a large vehicle. It makes how fast it is all the more inexplicable. I swear it just defies physics.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I hope you post more pictures and videos when you get a chance. The R35 has always been one of my favorite vehicles and I was hoping that someone in here would get one eventually.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Previa_fun posted:

I hope you post more pictures and videos when you get a chance. The R35 has always been one of my favorite vehicles and I was hoping that someone in here would get one eventually.

Should be delivered next week. I'll do a video of a launch and my subsequent crashing into a light pole ASAP.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
R32 :allears: Some day I will have you :allears:

I got my spoiler in already despite it shipping from Asia somewhere like three days ago. Gonna try to put it on tomorrow, here's a test fit :)

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Nodoze posted:

I got my spoiler in already despite it shipping from Asia somewhere like three days ago. Gonna try to put it on tomorrow, here's a test fit :)

I love those spoilers and that was some insanely fast shipping!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Nodoze posted:

Looks pretty good.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Comrade Flynn posted:

I moved to Seattle where it rains quite a bit.

Neato, now I'll know who to road rage wave at when I see a gunmetal R35! :v:

I'm not sure about Seattle but oddly enough they're pretty uncommon on the east side despite all the money in the area, I guess the R35 doesn't exude the amount of 'look at me!' that the rich techies go for these days (which doesn't make sense, techies drool over the R35)? I've only seen a single white R35 being driven around the east side by some kid who looks like he just got out of high school, lucky guy. In case you're unfamiliar with the area you should look at the Bremerton Auto Club to get signed up for some pretty chill AutoX events, they're a cool group that a fellow goon turned me on to.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Neato, now I'll know who to road rage wave at when I see a gunmetal R35! :v:

I'm not sure about Seattle but oddly enough they're pretty uncommon on the east side despite all the money in the area, I guess the R35 doesn't exude the amount of 'look at me!' that the rich techies go for these days (which doesn't make sense, techies drool over the R35)? I've only seen a single white R35 being driven around the east side by some kid who looks like he just got out of high school, lucky guy. In case you're unfamiliar with the area you should look at the Bremerton Auto Club to get signed up for some pretty chill AutoX events, they're a cool group that a fellow goon turned me on to.

Awesome. We should catch up sometime as I'm completely unfamiliar with the area.

I've only seen one GT-R here so far while I was house hunting in Ballard. I've seen a TON of STis and Evos though.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
On the topic of GTR's - I mentioned a while back I was taking mine to an event in WA called Racewars. That was last weekend so I've got some things to show you guys.

This is my car, so it goes in this thread:

I'll chuck up some more stuff in the awesome AI thread a bit later, but for a sample:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Dinosorcerer posted:

On the topic of GTR's - I mentioned a while back I was taking mine to an event in WA called Racewars. That was last weekend so I've got some things to show you guys.

Holy poo poo that is beautiful

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Racewars huh?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dinosorcerer posted:

I'll chuck up some more stuff in the awesome AI thread a bit later, but for a sample:

So when do we meet up to race to the death?

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

So when do we meet up to race to the death?

As soon as you come down to Australia. No need to bring your R35, just get a rental (so I have a chance)

Rhyno posted:

Racewars huh?

Yes, a Fast and Furious joke. But really, if you're running a big drag event out in the middle of nowhere what else are you going to call it?

I've posted a couple of pictures and videos in the awesome thread now if you want a look.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah, Western Australia, not Washington. I keep getting excited to have a Racewars here then remember.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
Yeah I thought the surrounding environment may have hinted at the fact it wasn't North America.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Easy to miss the scenery when you're looking at the cars. ;)

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Comrade Flynn posted:

Awesome. We should catch up sometime as I'm completely unfamiliar with the area.

I've only seen one GT-R here so far while I was house hunting in Ballard. I've seen a TON of STis and Evos though.

For sure! Also yeah, the STi/EVO is to the PNW as the Mercedes C-Class is to Germany; abundant and everywhere.

CharlesM posted:

Yeah, Western Australia, not Washington. I keep getting excited to have a Racewars here then remember.

I saw WA and got all excited, then I saw the R32, then the plates, then the background. Well poo poo.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
Well you can console yourselves by looking at the pictures and videos I posted in the other thread...

It was an amazing event, especially considering this is the first year its been run. The only thing that went wrong was this 1000+hp Monaro rolling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlEOSjmOMTY
The driver and passenger were ok (walking at least), but flown to Perth for observation.

If you've got any questions or comments about the event ask me here (or misc. chat?), save making GBS threads up the pictures thread.

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

Dinosorcerer posted:

This would make you Max then, right?

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
Ha yeah man, you one of the guys I met on the weekend?

Southpaw Wusky
Oct 23, 2010

I'm pretty young around these parts of the forum at age 20 so this is still my first car. Been loving it so far, I just cannot enjoy driving any car newer than the 80's for some reason. An '87 Volvo 760 GLE V6 sold to me by a big Volvo fan who used the money to buy and restore a 240.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

That's a great first car. I didn't even know Volvo made a V6 though, so I had to look it up. Huh, how about that.

Xanatos
Nov 27, 2003

OMG OMG I AM BEAUTIFUL
I want to do my exhaust so bad. Until I get the chance to, side profile photo it is.

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

Dinosorcerer posted:

Ha yeah man, you one of the guys I met on the weekend?

Nope, I'm on the other side of the world now. Had a couple of mates over there though, they said it was a blast. Figured out who you were from the timing sheets.

Anyway I suppose I'll finally post my car here. (now that I'm selling it)

And the ad (just in case anybody in Scotland is looking for a Silvia :v:) http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/200sx-silvia/nissan-200sx-touring--silvia/1267293

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dinosorcerer posted:

Yeah I thought the surrounding environment may have hinted at the fact it wasn't North America.

I'm not from here! Who knows, Washington could have a badlands.