Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Tachikama posted:

I just went into the Barroom in TVHM and at level 55 dominated. I guess Deathtrap gets wicked powerful with the right mods at those levels. I could keep him out for two rounds and let him do all the work. That being said, at 55 you net only about 2600 for each time you complete the mission, and only about 4xp per baddie. Definitely not good for XP farming at that level. I guess I will use it or the UVHM barroom to power level Krieg though. I just want to hit 61, this bullet sponge nonsense is annoying as gently caress. I just want it done.

I am maxed out on Torgue Tokens, but if you want to PL me I will pay you back with those or any higher level loot I end up farming. Send me a message if you want to let me in.

Yeah, at 61, the mission is work just under 10k, and 1k per mob death isn't uncommon. I think 60-61 is only like 10 runs through it, so it's relatively quick no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Crystalisks are the only enemy in this game I've actually run away from in UVHM. Fuckers can take a beating and then some.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Crystalisks are the only enemy in this game I've actually run away from in UVHM. Fuckers can take a beating and then some.
I feel so weak against them, mostly because slag doesn't seem to do much and Deathtrap does naff all damage to it. Not really looking forward to the Crystalisk bosses.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I was scared of Crystalisks in UVHM too but somehow my level 50 fire CC shits all over them :psyduck:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I still just punch them in the legs to kill them.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Yeah, so fellow goon Meli-Lightfox and I found A Thing after killing a legendary loot midget...

Apologies for crappy resolution, phone camera is a piece of poo poo.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I kinda want to try that thing out tho the stats are kinda mediocre. What does the text do?

Tachikama
Nov 28, 2003

delpheye posted:

I kinda want to try that thing out tho the stats are kinda mediocre. What does the text do?

If I recall it explodes after a certain distance. Think of a Flakker that can be used mid range.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

I do believe I gave you one the other night.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

hmmm... I'll have to go find it then. I wonder where I put it.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Yeah, so fellow goon Meli-Lightfox and I found A Thing after killing a legendary loot midget...

Apologies for crappy resolution, phone camera is a piece of poo poo.

That is a pretty drat good assault rifle for 55, and it's a godsend for running through the WExP and Sawtooth Cauldron. The 'Wild rear end' prefix means that accuracy goes to poo poo in exchange for wildly higher stats everywhere else, and the way the gun works - a single bullet splitting into three after a medium distance and exploding each of the minis bursting into a ball of fire shortly thereafter - you don't actually need accuracy. Just find a place where fleshy targets are, get a medium distance away, and hold down the trigger until the target is crispy and golden brown.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Wildlife Exploitation Preserve is filled to the brim with rabid stalkers, rabid skags, super badass rakk, and badass loaders for me. Haven't had anything note worthy drop yet but good lord these enemies.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
UVHM is awesome. Just got a homing storm front (lv. 60) from the ammo vendor. :aaa:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Welp,

I passed through about $200,000 in deaths with my UVHM Mechro, so I gave up and started over with a Commando and holy poo poo this is the class I should have started with. If anyone wants to plow through a low-level run please feel free to jump in and destroy things for/with me. I've already gotten decent weapons at level 10 so I'm happily marching through most of the story without a problem.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

burntpork posted:

UVHM is awesome. Just got a homing storm front (lv. 60) from the ammo vendor. :aaa:

I managed to get that exact same thing farming the treasure room last night, I love it. I used a longbow stormfront for most of UVHM, with double the fun it's probably one of the best grenades in the game. I'd love to get my hands on a homing sticky one if they even exist.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
So, does the Treasure Room™ from Scarlett's scale with level? That is, if you get there early, will the chests level up as you level up?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Got a transformer and a deliverance to drop off pimon and tumba in the wildlife exploitation preserve! Sadly the deliverance is level 59 and the transformer is 60 (pay no attention to both those enemies being a couple levels above 61) but hey, I got those things.

Edit: Had a loot midget show up after opening a stalker pile and he dropped a level 61 stabbing kerblaster! Most legendaries I've ever seen without farming.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 11, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Slag Rubi + DP Unkempt Harold + Flame of the Firehawk as gunzerker = holy poo poo I'm invincible and everything is dead

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Mazerunner posted:

Slag Rubi + DP Unkempt Harold + Flame of the Firehawk as gunzerker = holy poo poo I'm invincible and everything is dead

I actually run out of ammo with that since I have a Binary Rubi too. 10 ammo/shot combined.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Greenplastic posted:

So, does the Treasure Room™ from Scarlett's scale with level? That is, if you get there early, will the chests level up as you level up?

Yes they do, but I think you need to be a minimum of level 15 to do Oasis.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone on PS3 maybe have any Pearls they might want to drop? I could sign on right now..

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Got myself a level 61 resolute stalker off a hyperion loot midget just now. Damage: 40714, Acuracy: 78.8, Fire Rate: 10.5, Reload Speed: 2.2, Magazine Size: 41. Bullet speed could be a bit better but I'm sure on a character with a talent to makes them go faster it'll be just fine.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005

Feenix posted:

Anyone on PS3 maybe have any Pearls they might want to drop? I could sign on right now..

I have a critical shock Butcher, fire Avenger, non-elemental Stalker, and slag Bearcat I can dupe you, plus some other orange stuff if you want it. Can't be on til later tonight, though. PSN is divine7942

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Refused posted:

I have a critical shock Butcher, fire Avenger, non-elemental Stalker, and slag Bearcat I can dupe you, plus some other orange stuff if you want it. Can't be on til later tonight, though. PSN is divine7942

Tell me what time (and what time zone...) and I'll do what I can to join ya. That'd be nice. :)

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Kifisonfire posted:

Got some fun goodies to drop today, including a 61 Legendary Siren mod and a 60 Legendary Hunter mod, a 61 Rolling Thunder and a 61 Bonus Package. Also got a nice E-tech relic for my Mechro (28% Shock and 34% Cooldown).

I spent a while farming Knuckledragger before I realized he doesn't even drop the Thunderball Fist which was annoying though.

Do the 60+ Legendary mods have +6 to skills, or is it maxed at 5? Not sure if it's worth it to try and farm for those or not... i'm on PSN so you can't help me. :smith:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

Do the 60+ Legendary mods have +6 to skills, or is it maxed at 5? Not sure if it's worth it to try and farm for those or not... i'm on PSN so you can't help me. :smith:

all class mods stay at +5/+4/+4 or +6/+5. The only increase they get are to the extra stats they offer (gun damage, shield charge rate, etc).

A lv. 61 Catalyst mod give +45% team elemental dmg opposed to the 40% from lower lvl mods for example.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

SHiFT Codes incoming:

:siren: BE QUICK :siren:
PS3: CJKB3-CWJ6T-KK5WJ-Z3KJ3-KJSKJ (expired)
XBOX: KTW33-5ZZXR-BB9BF-CRJTT-RCFZ5 (working as of 4/11/13@17:30CST)

- AND -

Gearbox Software posted:

PS3: KBCTT-TSFWB-CKWCT-ZBWTT-KWKX9

XBOX: 5BKBB-RXKHW-3THBR-CFT3T-J963H
Good until April 14th*

Refused
Sep 6, 2005

Feenix posted:

Tell me what time (and what time zone...) and I'll do what I can to join ya. That'd be nice. :)

On now, just missed you

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hopping on now. Sorry. :) Got a 3 month old here. Don't know where my mic is... but I will sign on... :)

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I still haven't found a slag bouncing betty with a 0.0 fuse time and every good grenade I've found has always been loving rubberized :negative:.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
Saturn in UVHM is an untold level of bullshit and the first time UVHM has really made me say that.

It took me over half an hour to solo him earlier. He's immune to elemental effects including Slag, which seems like a massive oversight in UVHM in general - to have things immune to a core mechanic like that just seems like an absolutely terrible design decision. BNK3R wasn't so bad because he doesn't have Saturn's three trillion health and is a lot easier to fight in general thanks to having realistic crit points and not "four pixels on his heels." Slag immune enemies just seem like total bullshit given the mechanics at play in UVHM. It's the only complaint I really have about it. But it's a big complaint.

Of course not five minutes after I beat him down there was a huge powercut so I have to do it again in order to progress further :suicide:

Probably going to just get myself to Level 61 and grab an updated The Bee before I try again because gently caress that noise.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Refused posted:

On now, just missed you

Thanks boss!!
:)

Made my night!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So much for doing Pyro Pete the crazy hard way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMBafrAZ6-w

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

So much for doing Pyro Pete the crazy hard way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMBafrAZ6-w

Gearbox to patch out elevators due to players not using them as intended. :downs:

I forgot who asked this, but you CAN farm the Doctor's Orders' midgets way easier by going in/exiting the Natural Selection Annex. The only fights you need to do are the loaders and stalkers before the midget room. It's already gotten me a new relic (31% shock/ 37% CD Rate) and a few pearls/legendaries.

I'm going to try a no-anarchy build as soon as I get a technophile mod with fancy mathematics +5 or +6. That, and one of the new relics with elemental resist + shield charge rate/delay.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 12, 2013

The Duke
May 19, 2004

That's great since it appears my method for getting in the treasure room has stopped working for some reason so I'll probably have to start killing those midgets here pretty soon. If you could run past that Ultimate Badass Loader that would be wonderful, I don't know why but that fucker manages to kill me at least once or twice per run. I never had any problems with them during the campaign :( I just want a corrosive Butcher, damnit! I'm sick of JNK Loaders putting me in FFYL the second they look at me.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I got bored and was curious to see what Deathtrap looks like with 2 maxed out skill trees. Turns out he looks pretty rad.

Vanilla DT, no skills. Very meh nowadays.

All BFF skills. Green and yellow, absolutely huge.

All LBT skills. Blue, spiky, looks pretty swish for a shock Gaige.

All OC skills. It has a skull face and is covered in blood. That's pretty much all that matters.

BFF and LBT trees. Cyan and yellow, cool mix of the spikes and armour too.

BFF and OC trees. Bright yellow with all the best of Anarchy. Looks brutal as hell.

LBT and OC trees. PINK! Quite possibly the most Gaige-esque Deathtrap ever designed.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Treasure room is great if you're looking for some blue class mods or an e-tech launcher, but midgets just keep on giving. Yesterday I got a lv.60 storm front (from a vendor along the way) and today a midget gave me a lv. 61 longbow storm front :psyduck:. It gets extra points for letting me kill something and not only have me run along invisible platforms.

edit: Make sure you don't pass up any ammo chest too. Random loot midget from a box close to the annex popped out :aaa:.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 12, 2013

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

burntpork posted:

Treasure room is great if you're looking for some blue class mods or an e-tech launcher, but midgets just keep on giving. Yesterday I got a lv.60 storm front (from a vendor along the way) and today a midget gave me a lv. 61 longbow storm front :psyduck:. It gets extra points for letting me kill something and not only have me run along invisible platforms.

Urrghh I swore I was done with this game until more story DLC hit but this just sounds too good.... THEY PULL ME BACK IN

diablos666
Oct 25, 2007
Only slightly deranged...

delpheye posted:

Are you on xbox? If so, will you dupe that for me? GT: arkitekt4k

I have a 61 thunderball fist for you.

If I'm on, I'll PL you in barroom for a while. I was still using 50 legendaries in UVHM until 54-55 where they became pretty ineffective without hosing everything down with a good portion of my ammo. My strategy was playing in public games in UVHM to find whatever I could reasonably use at level until 61 when legendaries became a thing again.

Farming the Doctor's Orders quest is hands down the best way to go about farming guns, in my opinion.

I am indeed on Xbox. GT: Tony Val

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Anybody found a 61 corrosive CC and/or Slagga yet? All I'm getting from the midgets right now is bad relics. 360: kr0jar

• Locked thread