Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dexo posted:

With his arms he would wreck Tsunade.

He was able to fight Tsunade and Jiraiya(albeit weakened with no arms).

Orichimaru will decimate physical damage opponents due to his skill set.

He and the 4th are equal. If he not a bit stronger.

His problem is that he fucks with the clan that can counter his move set by just using genjutsu

That was also a Tsunade that had pretty much quit being a ninja and was allergic to blood or some poo poo at the time, and Jiraya who was poisoned all to hell. I'd bet that fight would go very differently now, also probably safe to assume that Tsunade has continued to power up while O has been dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Breaky posted:

Probably has more to do with the fact there's 6-8 people around right now that could gently caress up Orochimaru in a heartbeat if he tried something. He's still strong and all but he wouldn't stand a chance against most of the current zombies alive or Naruto / Sasuke / probably Tsunade or Bee etc.

Well most people could beat Tsunade now since she's totally gone to pieces :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Tsunade has moved beyond Naruto's epiphany involving looking left and right at the same time. She moves north and south at the same time!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Do the four Hokage have the same infinite chakra Madra has now?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SirDan3k posted:

Do the four Hokage have the same infinite chakra Madra has now?

Yeah, all the zombies do. Which should really make the 3rd an unstoppable wrecking ball. Sure he hasn't added creepy 1st skin grafts like everyone else, but he apparently knows every jutsu in Konoha.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Gyges posted:

Yeah, all the zombies do. Which should really make the 3rd an unstoppable wrecking ball. Sure he hasn't added creepy 1st skin grafts like everyone else, but he apparently knows every jutsu in Konoha.

He was supposed to be a chakra monster in his prime so it should be like seeing him in his prime even though he looks like he was revived old.

But I bet he'll get nerfed since Kishi probably forgot about it and has three other hokage to hype.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

ChronoReverse posted:

He was supposed to be a chakra monster in his prime so it should be like seeing him in his prime even though he looks like he was revived old.

But I bet he'll get nerfed since Kishi probably forgot about it and has three other hokage to hype.

Just so long as he summons his monkey friend to sigh in disappointment at how they all hosed up again. That monkey was boss.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL
Wasn't the First capable of healing? Maybe he can heal Tsunade. Or, you know, stitch her back together or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its not like it will matter who gets killed because Tobi will bring them all back to life

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Robviously posted:

Just so long as he summons his monkey friend to sigh in disappointment at how they all hosed up again. That monkey was boss.

I hope everyone pulls out their summons, and Madara just has one of those stupid Uchiha cats we met in that one chapter. Not even like a giant one or anything.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Breaky posted:

Probably has more to do with the fact there's 6-8 people around right now that could gently caress up Orochimaru in a heartbeat if he tried something. He's still strong and all but he wouldn't stand a chance against most of the current zombies alive or Naruto / Sasuke / probably Tsunade or Bee etc.

Huh? Can Orochimaru not just stop the Edo Tensei? I know he can't control the hokages, but the only one who could possibly break out of it in the First, right? Also, this is stupid because although the Hokages are strong, isn't Sasuke's crew relatively weak in comparison to all the new threats? I mean, Juugo and Suigetsu barely got through the Samurai and they haven't gotten the benefits of brain problems. I've honestly forgotten what Karin does except being used a meat shield for emos.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Huh? Can Orochimaru not just stop the Edo Tensei? I know he can't control the hokages, but the only one who could possibly break out of it in the First, right? Also, this is stupid because although the Hokages are strong, isn't Sasuke's crew relatively weak in comparison to all the new threats? I mean, Juugo and Suigetsu barely got through the Samurai and they haven't gotten the benefits of brain problems. I've honestly forgotten what Karin does except being used a meat shield for emos.

Even if he tries, it's very likely that at least two (if not all) of the Hokage know the seals for releasing the technique just like Madara did.

Karin is a sensor-type who also has the ability to heal people by letting them feed off her chakra by biting her.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Breaky posted:

That was also a Tsunade that had pretty much quit being a ninja and was allergic to blood or some poo poo at the time, and Jiraya who was poisoned all to hell. I'd bet that fight would go very differently now, also probably safe to assume that Tsunade has continued to power up while O has been dead.

Orochimaru stands solemnly in front of two headstones, shaking, weeping.

dodob
May 20, 2004

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

The second can break out of it because it's his jutsu. The first we are assuming can break out of it because we were given a hint of it a few chapters back. The fourth I am assuming can break out of it because he's the a seal expert. The third can break out of it I assume because he supposedly knows all the jutsu ever.

Still I was hoping Sasuke would dismiss them all after hearing their story.

I don't know whether I'm looking forward to Kishimoto doing legendary Kage level fights. We've already seen huge monster fights. Last great fight I liked was Danzou vs Sasuke because of the crazy eye hacks involved.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Oh wow, so Sasuke did a face turn after all these years... I'm not sure if I care now that there are so many more interesting characters. It really does shift the tide to the good guys, not that there is any suspense as to whether they will win.

Edit: man, re-read this post and I sound like such a jaded long-term reader.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Death Bot posted:

Hahhaha sure. You know what I meant though.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

flowinprose posted:

Even if he tries, it's very likely that at least two (if not all) of the Hokage know the seals for releasing the technique just like Madara did.

Karin is a sensor-type who also has the ability to heal people by letting them feed off her chakra by biting her.

How DID Madara know it? I guess we can presume he saw the second use it since he was Not-Dead all those years, and somehow learned the technique from him?

He didn't teach it to Tobi, afterall - Kubuto had to tell him about it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Death Bot posted:

Jiraiya could fight on that level.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
After the end of the world's been averted, Sasuke's still going to be a pissant and that's when he and Naruto are going to have a duel.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

D1Sergo posted:

After the end of the world's been averted, Sasuke's still going to be a pissant and that's when he and Naruto are going to have a duel.

It'll be like a really lame version of Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Sasuke's head inflates to the size of the moon and he infinite Tsukuyomis everybody anyways :smug:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

If that happens, I hope Sasuke says "I am the moon!". The sharingan must give a pretty large bonus to bluff, right?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The real problem with the Uchiha bloodline build is it suffers from multiple ability dependency.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Sasuke is like a Counter Strike player who believes that he has a right to hack the game for infinite ammo and wallhacks and that if other people want to compete with him they should just hack the game like he has.

Except at some point everyone started playing this new shooter where everyone already has infinite ammo and wallhacking and we've seen little evidence that he can play the game on even footing.

Seriously though, I don't quite remember the last time Sasuke has actually done anything against anyone competent. Danzo I guess?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

D1Sergo posted:

Sasuke is like a Counter Strike player who believes that he has a right to hack the game for infinite ammo and wallhacks and that if other people want to compete with him they should just hack the game like he has.

Except at some point everyone started playing this new shooter where everyone already has infinite ammo and wallhacking and we've seen little evidence that he can play the game on even footing.

Seriously though, I don't quite remember the last time Sasuke has actually done anything against anyone competent. Danzo I guess?

To be fair, that was his last major fight I think, and he beat him. Considering Danzou is basically kage level it was a decent achievement.

With Itachi, he beat Kabuto, but that was more Itachi than Sasuke.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So wait, Karin is the uzumaki clan? Does that have any significance?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So wait, Karin is the uzumaki clan? Does that have any significance?

So was Nagato.

Traits include: Red hair, lots of chakra.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Geniasis posted:

So was Nagato.

Traits include: Red hair, lots of chakra.

They were also responsible for almost all the most powerful sealing techniques. The clan was spread out after the destruction of their village several years prior to the start of the series, so it's unlikely that Karin or Nagato have any close relation to Naruto. Especially because Kushina had no siblings. She probably wasn't even related to Mito either.

Then again, if she was, then Tsunade could be related to Naruto and he would have a non-blood relation to the First. :psyduck:

EDIT: If I understand correctly, Tsunade could be Naruto's second cousin, twice removed. :v:

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 13, 2013

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

D1Sergo posted:

I dunno. I could see Sasuke finding some bullshit reason to turn against Naruto like Madara did Hashirama due to Uchiha Derangement Syndrome. But at the same time, it would be kind of great if Sasuke just goes "gently caress, I really wasted my whole life so far on that bullshit, didn't I? Time to go get so so so laid."

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

I dunno. I could see Sasuke finding some bullshit reason to turn against Naruto like Madara did Hashirama due to Uchiha Derangement Syndrome. But at the same time, it would be kind of great if Sasuke just goes "gently caress, I really wasted my whole life so far on that bullshit, didn't I? Time to go get so so so laid."

Given Sasuke's new change of heart, I'd say he'll try to leave because he doesn't feel he has a place in the village. Right now, he's only trying to protect it because his brother cared about it. Once that's over, he's out. Naruto, of course, will try to stop him and a huge fight will ensue.

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
I just want Karin to get the final blow. Uzumaki alliance vs Sasuke.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

At this point, everyone deserves a shot at it. The ending should just be a whole bunch of ninjas standing around Sasuke stabbing him, Caesar style.

"Et tu.... Rock Lee?"

brocco-li

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

D1Sergo posted:

At this point, everyone deserves a shot at it. The ending should just be a whole bunch of ninjas standing around Sasuke stabbing him, Caesar style.

"Et tu.... Rock Lee?"

brocco-li

This happened in the last episode of the Rock Lee SD series, it's legitimately amazing to see.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
I'm wondering where the author is going with all this. Edo's & Co. are seemingly his device for filling out plot/retconning at the moment. Thus, are the hokages/oro/sasuke going to the war to really stop Madara/Obito/Juubi or...?

Will we get some more Madara-->Hashirama perspective that will ultimately help Naruto/Sasuke make peace at the end of the novel?
Will we see Obito/Minato's past incident get filled out quite a bit more?
Since Madara most likely hates Tobirama and has a rinnegan/edo body, can he revive his brother and sick 'em on Tobirama for revenge?
Orochiaru/Sarutobi (and Sanin really) have a lot of unresolved issues
How about the Rin fiasco..is that done with now? Or could Madara make Obito into a manbaby by reviving her?

Considering Kishi's proclivity for bro-hugging, I see a lot of talkin' it out through swords. Or maybe 'Hash'irama has a flower-world technique that will get everyone stoned and the ninja world will just chill for all eternity as a giant opium den.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I gave up on staying with the anime and binge read the manga to the present day. And Holy hell am I impressed.

And I am shocked by Sasuke's decision.

A double face turn of Sasuke and Orochimaru? What on earth?

I honestly have no idea where this is going with the eventual Sasuke Naruto series ending conflict. Is it even going to happen at this point? How I think everything is going to go down is that Sasuke and Naruto team up and save the world and then somehow manage to do what Madara and Hashirama couldn't and walk away.

I then see the fallout coming of everyone being super pissed off that Naruto just forgives Sasuke, that his crimes are just too great to ignore, and Naruto turning his back on everyone to take Sasuke's side.

This last chapter is just completely unexpected and I don't know how to process this.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zyla posted:

I then see the fallout coming of everyone being super pissed off that Naruto just forgives Sasuke, that his crimes are just too great to ignore, and Naruto turning his back on everyone to take Sasuke's side.

No one would deny Ninja Jesus, savior of the world and most powerful ninja alive. Let those who doubt receive the High Five and renew their faith.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Shodai posted:

How about the Rin fiasco..is that done with now?

Of course not. Kakashi still hasn't told Obito the reason why he killed Rin, which no doubt will prove so shocking that Obito will totally change his viewpoint on everything.

Or he'll just not care (like he already said when Kakashi brought it up), but something tells me that's not going to happen.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Shodai posted:

Will we see Obito/Minato's past incident get filled out quite a bit more?

We already saw this...

quote:

Since Madara most likely hates Tobirama and has a rinnegan/edo body, can he revive his brother and sick 'em on Tobirama for revenge?
Tobirama has an edo body too so probably not. Also, Madara would need something off his brother to do that, which is doubtful.

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

|Ziggy| posted:

We already saw this...

Tobirama has an edo body too so probably not. Also, Madara would need something off his brother to do that, which is doubtful.

Madara still has his brothers eye right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

|Ziggy| posted:

Now where would madara, user of an eternal mangekyou sharingan/rinnegan, get some of his dearly departed brothers DNA...

• Locked thread