Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a63548
Mar 20, 2004

AmazonTony posted:

Also, here's the upcoming Borderlands 2 sale info, 1 day only (4/5)

Borderlands 2 + Season Pass - $24.99
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $9.99
Borderlands 2 - $19.99

Awesome deal! Thank you very much Tony. Ordered Borderlands 2 + Season Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ludicrous G. Gibs
Jan 28, 2012

Drinks?

AmazonTony posted:

Also, here's the upcoming Borderlands 2 sale info, 1 day only (4/5)

Borderlands 2 + Season Pass - $24.99
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $9.99
Borderlands 2 - $19.99

Picked up the season pass. That price is amazing. You're the best, Tony!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Nice deal on Borderlands, thanks. Thanks to this thread I already have a list of shame for 2013 and it's only April :(

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Of all the times to not have any Amazon credit :negative:

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Tony, thanks for the Borderlands deal man. I was set to jump all on it, but I just noticed I can't use any money I have in my Amazon Payments account on digital downloads. This may be out of your department, but since you're the digital marketing guy I figured I'd mention it. Seeing as I can use Amazon payments for other digital distribution sellers (like IndieGameStand), I wasn't sure why Amazon doesn't allow it (though I assume there are legal issues in play).

If this is something that has absolutely nothing to do with your position, sorry!

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
You are awesome Tony! Picked up the season pass super quick.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Argh I've bought Dead Island and now BL2 stop all the good deallllsss

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
That deal rocks Tony. Never played the Borderlands games but really wanted to try em out. Figured I'd wait for a sale - and Amazon Tony delivers!

Thanks Tony.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Season Pass for $10? There goes a third of my Bioshock Infinite credit. You rock, Tony.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Thank you Tony for the amazing deal! I knew that if I waited just a little while on Borderlands 2 I'd be able to get a good deal on it, but I never expected the game + season pass for only $25, and to have $30 in credit for it!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Anyone able to help me out in Getting Borderlands 2 + Season Pass with a wee paypal transaction? I'm in the UK with a bank that doesn't like fake address schenanigans so can't really get it myself.

edit: although that's odd. It says it's currently unavailable and the steam page for it is gone too.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Kin posted:

Anyone able to help me out in Getting Borderlands 2 + Season Pass with a wee paypal transaction? I'm in the UK with a bank that doesn't like fake address schenanigans so can't really get it myself.

edit: although that's odd. It says it's currently unavailable and the steam page for it is gone too.

I can help you out once the deal is back up. Looks like Borderlands 2 without the pass is still available, though.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah just went to grab the season pass and it's listed as Unavailable :( I guess you ran out of keys? Not surprising at that price.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Digital Jesus posted:

Yeah just went to grab the season pass and it's listed as Unavailable :( I guess you ran out of keys? Not surprising at that price.

Yeah we're out of keys for now, we just sent a little red exclamation point email to 2K though so we should get replenished soon.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
Looks like the season pass is available again. Just picked it up, thanks Tony.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

AmazonTony posted:

Yeah we're out of keys for now, we just sent a little red exclamation point email to 2K though so we should get replenished soon.

Definitely buying this once it gets replenished!

Tony, I just pmed you about my Bioshock issue.

Edit: I was able to order and key both keys a minute ago. Amazing deal.

Siroc fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 5, 2013

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Hey Tony is there any chance we could get the ability to add notes to our keys on the "my software keys and junk" page? Sometimes I buy extra keys during sales and forget what I pledge to do with them/if I've done anything with them so the ability to add a note that says "redeemed: that jerk" or "promised: this jerk" would be pretty nice.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Not_Log posted:

Hey Tony is there any chance we could get the ability to add notes to our keys on the "my software keys and junk" page? Sometimes I buy extra keys during sales and forget what I pledge to do with them/if I've done anything with them so the ability to add a note that says "redeemed: that jerk" or "promised: this jerk" would be pretty nice.

We're talking about functionality like this but right now I'm not sure how far off it is, I know we have a ton of stuff on the roadmap for this year. I'll check on Monday though.

Also, here's a heads up about 2 deals starting tomorrow:

Dead Space 3: $39.99

Tomb Raider: $34.99

Enjoy!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Hey Tony, Scribblenauts is the Midweek Madness on Steam at 66% off - do you guys have any plans to match or beat that price?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Dorroile posted:

Hey Tony, Scribblenauts is the Midweek Madness on Steam at 66% off - do you guys have any plans to match or beat that price?

We'll have it for $8.99 on Thursday.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I guess I just recently missed some degree of a Kentucky Route Zero deal on Steam - any plans to discount that on the horizon or should I just go all-in?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

epitasis posted:

I guess I just recently missed some degree of a Kentucky Route Zero deal on Steam - any plans to discount that on the horizon or should I just go all-in?

Give me a few days to run something down on this.

Also, new deals:

4/11-4/17:

American Pickers - $4.99
Scribblenauts - $8.99

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Do you have anything for Dishonored in the pipeline? It's half off on steam this weekend.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Any chance of a Sims 3 sale sometime soon? Origin actually has it half off right now.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Humerus posted:

Any chance of a Sims 3 sale sometime soon? Origin actually has it half off right now.

I don't have anything planned until later in April and it will be 50% off Seasons and University. If you see anything else you want to pick up from the Origin sale do it and don't wait on us (don't want you to miss out on a game because you're waiting to see if we do something too).

Also,

If any of you are interested in Leisure Suit Larry (I can't find a thread on it) we have what I think is a pretty banging pre-order offer:

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded (Activates on steam) - You'll get a $5 Amazon.com promotional credit in addition to a free copy of FesterMudd (DRM Free).

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

No chance of a price match, even? I've got a gift card so Amazon would be preferred.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Humerus posted:

No chance of a price match, even? I've got a gift card so Amazon would be preferred.

Ah got it, we don't usually match Origin because the majority of their sales are on products they own so they are able to be much more flexible with promotions than we are. Sorry man :(. What Sims 3 title specifically are you interested in, I'll try to get them added to our April sale.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Just the base game for now (which I actually broke down and got anyway) but I would love a sale on that Supernatural expansion.

Thanks for working that voodoo that you do.

Edit: Big shoutout to Gearman for hooking me up with Sims 3: Seasons! It made my day coming home from work to see that. Thanks again!

Humerus fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 13, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Does anyone know if I can create a poll in this thread or do I have to make a new post?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AmazonTony posted:

Does anyone know if I can create a poll in this thread or do I have to make a new post?

Think you need to start a new thread. Try pming whatever mod you were dealing with to see if they can pop one in the existing thread for you.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

hambeet posted:

Think you need to start a new thread. Try pming whatever mod you were dealing with to see if they can pop one in the existing thread for you.

Just popped into SurveyMonkey.

Anyone want to help me out AND potentially get a new feature added to our product pages for Video Games?

I'm trying to figure out if you guys care about things like Metacritic scores on product pages, quick survey will win you my undying gratitude (and probably another picture of my dog).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SHX7PBK

Thanks!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
No worries, Tony. Thanks for all your deals and help!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

How does the inclusion of ratings/scores (such as metacritic) on retail product pages affect your purchase decision?
•Yes
•No

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

AmazonTony posted:

Just popped into SurveyMonkey.

Anyone want to help me out AND potentially get a new feature added to our product pages for Video Games?

I'm trying to figure out if you guys care about things like Metacritic scores on product pages, quick survey will win you my undying gratitude (and probably another picture of my dog).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SHX7PBK

Thanks!

Okay...whoa. That's a big loving can of worms. I would be lying if I said review scores didn't effect me when it came to purchasing an item.

I voted, but I think you HAVE to, if you're going to implement Metacritic at all, include the USER scores along side the professional reviewer scores. It's the responsible move if that's the move you're going to make.

I like the fact that Steam has those scores for me when it's a game I've never heard about, but I also disagree with the idea of Metacritic for videogames. It can be horribly vague and incredibly unfair to developers, which in turn doesn't help gamers. I think a person would be better served googling for reviews, because otherwise they get a blanket score without any sort of context for the score given.

Also, Tony, question one is worded poorly. "How does...yes/no?"

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 16, 2013

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I think Amazon would prefer to use their own user scores instead of Metacritic's user scores.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

How does the inclusion of ratings/scores (such as metacritic) on retail product pages affect your purchase decision?
•Yes
•No

Give me a break. I can't read.

Seriously though, thanks just fixed.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Mandalay posted:

I think Amazon would prefer to use their own user scores instead of Metacritic's user scores.

That's why we're doing the survey. Anecdotally, I've heard multiple times that users want some sort of games specific rating system on our product pages. I'm using Metacritic as an example here but I'm trying to get them to build the tech so that we can plug anything into it.

Drifter posted:

Okay...whoa. That's a big loving can of worms. I would be lying if I said review scores didn't effect me when it came to purchasing an item.

I voted, but I think you HAVE to, if you're going to implement Metacritic at all, include the USER scores along side the professional reviewer scores. It's the responsible move if that's the move you're going to make.

I like the fact that Steam has those scores for me when it's a game I've never heard about, but I also disagree with the idea of Metacritic for videogames. It can be horribly vague and incredibly unfair to developers, which in turn doesn't help gamers. I think a person would be better served googling for reviews, because otherwise they get a blanket score without any sort of context for the score given.

Also, Tony, question one is worded poorly. "How does...yes/no?"

Thanks for the heads up on the question wording, fixed it.

As for the scores, we're building the tech from scratch (if we implement) and I'll be looking for more feedback on what to include. NOTE: I'm asking that we build it in such a way that we're not married to Metacritic so that if we want to switch to something else, or not use them exclusively for stuff, we don't have to.

I'll make sure to include in the spec that we want to be able to pull in both critical and user scores, we'll see what they say, when the devs start talking my eyes glaze over until I can ask "is it gonna work?".

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I think it would be better if you phrased the question, "Does the inclusion of ratings/scores (such as metacritic) on retail product pages affect your purchase decision?" as "Does the inclusion of ratings/scores (such as metacritic) on retail product pages primarily affect your purchase decision?" or something like that, because yeah I guess I look at the score and if I think it looks cool but has a metacritic score of 20 I'm not going to get it. If I'm looking at something and it has a metacritic score of 75 or 80 then I feel a little better about buying the software. It isn't a primary indicator on whether I'll purchase it or not, but it is a factor and right now it's yes/no which doesn't really tell the whole story.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

I think metacritic scores on product pages are pretty much only useful for telling you whether something is shovelware or not. It's not even very good at that sometimes, because sometimes niche games have crappy scores even if they're solid. Overall, I think they do more harm than good, but I'd be lying if I said they didn't affect my buying decisions.

Sorry to bug you about this again, but is there any chance you can give an update on how Rise of Nations is coming along? I'm still excited for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Spaz Medicine posted:

I think metacritic scores on product pages are pretty much only useful for telling you whether something is shovelware or not. It's not even very good at that sometimes, because sometimes niche games have crappy scores even if they're solid. Overall, I think they do more harm than good, but I'd be lying if I said they didn't affect my buying decisions.

Sorry to bug you about this again, but is there any chance you can give an update on how Rise of Nations is coming along? I'm still excited for it!

Me too, unfortunately, those guys have gone 100% dark. We keep sending emails every week and getting no response. I'm really bummed about it.

• Locked thread